Better arena ranking system

nabnecro

Nowadays arena is a contest of who can SPAM more tickets using parties specifically assembled (afk naked party) to lose to another party.

Current arena ranking system is very outdated and is rewarding people who spend more time abusing the absence of active arena players.

My suggestion is to change arena ranking system to prevent this type of abuse.

There should be Arena Points and RANKING POINTS.

Arena points stays the way it is now, you get some even if you lose and you use that to buy arena items. Now you only get RANKING POINTS when you win and the amount depends on the RANKING POINTS of the team you fought. It means characters you use for boosting will have LOW RANKING POINTS, so using then to boost your main characters would be inefficient or impossible. Also, arena rewards go to people with most RANKING POINTS instead of arena points. Most modern games use this type of ranking system.

Edited by nabnecro

Interesting. So it would work like clash of clans trophy counter? It sounds good, but how does one gain ranking points if every party has 0 ranking points in the start? ;D  Maybe the amount of prize would depend on how big the gap between your party's and enemy party's ranking points?

Interesting. So it would work like clash of clans trophy counter? It sounds good, but how does one gain ranking points if every party has 0 ranking points in the start? ;D  Maybe the amount of prize would depend on how big the gap between your party's and enemy party's ranking points?

Something like this.

--Example

Team A has 0 RP (ranking points) and team B also has 0 RP.

In this case winner gets 10 RP on win.

Team A now has 1000 RP (ranking points) and team B has 0 RP.

In this case, if team A wins, it will only get 1 RP per win (because the other team is either very weak, or used as a loser party)

Team A now has 5.000 RP (ranking points) and team B has 20.000 RP .

In this case, if team A wins, they will get 100 RP (because they won vs stronger people).

--END OF EXAMPLE

By doing this, people with no life using loser parties will start taking only 1 RP per win at some point.

And if you are good at arena and play honest, all you have to do is demand a couple of games while those cheaters are SPAMMING loser parties and you will start taking 100 RP per win. It is a system that will reward the better players instead of the ones who spend more time and use loser parties.

Edited by nabnecro

No the arena system is fine how it is, stop your bickering 

Says someone using a fake forum account with only 2 posts. Obviously you are one of those people abusing the system and created a fake forum account just to diss this idea because it would ruin your plans. Obvious cheater is obvious.

Even if i didnt get how this system works , i can say sounds more fair than the existing because of that kind of spam . Yes developers should have this in mind. All arena levels and sections have atlest one person who is abusing , and thats surely true.

What's unfair about spamming with loser party? Winner party has to pay the tickets for them so...

Take the time to actually read what I have typed before posting and you will understand. And I'm well aware of the fact that you are one of the players who abuse the system doing this maneuver (loser party) so I don't expect any approval on your behalf. 

Edited by nabnecro

Same as Mrskrillex,Skynete,Swagathero,Artezy,Xxdeaathxx,Juliett,Fasttear and all others in top 5 arena rankings lmao. It's not forbidden

Mmmm, we already have ranking and arena points, but not a bad idea for making ranking points better.

this wont help really, just double log n keep winning

You clearly didn't understand the proposed system then.

Also, this is the main reason other modern games resort to this kind of ranking system.

The Ranking points should be calculated on the difference of Def, MDef, HP, And the damage dealt between the two.

That would be an idea to prevent it.

Everyone should get arena points. ranking points should count towards your rank.

i h8 cheating too :- )

(i was going to do it too but decided i didnt really earn it so i stopped.)

(i was going to do it too but decided i didnt really earn it so i stopped.)

Caster arena rewards worth , and just the 3 months skill doesnt sound that bad . 

Naa I think the arena ranking system is alright although its true what you say about people spending money and spamming arena with a wining and losing pt, but hey what can we do about it ;D ws is and will always be a bussiness and we players must not forget that ;)

• 6 months later...

Agree :good:

Its not againts the rules but for some people who try their best to reach top rank(with fair) feel like they being cheated

It sad to see people who demand random to reach top rank cant beat this spammer in the end :cray:

Agree alot. Gives players with actual skill a chance to win area seasons for once.

People who are disagreeing are just afraidm of getting ass raped in arena from versing real players xD lel

Even so whoever buys more tickets will still win season because they have more battles and generally are higher amped. Also, please don't give me that "Amp players aren't skilled" argument, it's the noobest thing ppl say.

Dunno how it is on us or ru amber or elsewhere, but at eu I've encountered lose

pts only in 5v5 fights which nobody does anyways. Win pts are usually formed

by pretty strong players so I guess they'd get a lot of wins anyways.

And as long as the lose pt isn't one user logged onto 5+ devices, it isn't

all that illegal, i guess. dunno :^D

The idea of yours isn't bad.

I agree that the arena system sucks, it's just a reward for who has more money and time, nothing related to how skilled one is in arena teamplay. But changing it to something like that you suggested would make devs lose the $$ profit they were earning...

so I doubt changing it.

Problem here is that some arena categories get basically 0 demands. Try and demand any level 5v5 in eu and you wong get more than 2 fights a month, thats if youre lucky and someones going for fun. Same with most 2v2s.

that is not an excuse. Devs should make arena more interesting so more people should hoin it then.For example, a reward is given if you reach 5k ap or ranking points that day. Current arena system is corrupted. Very corrupted. İ totally agree with nab.

It's dumb to have arena winners decided by their time zones. Different amount of people on at diff times. Current system works fine.

Did you even read my post?? If they make arena more interesting so more people join it, there wont be a problem about finding arena battles in any time. If you are active in a different time than most players in that server, than you are in the wrong server sir. Or are you just an another abuser who wants to kill naked characters all day?

Time zone don't have significant effect in demand, even you demand in midnight there are still another player from another side of earth.

Except you play in RU or BR server, and SEA who don't have large population :blush:

personal suggestion: Dev should make statistic which countries/region have the largest population in each server so every activities (demand arena, trading, looking for party, etc.) can be calculated and done easily.

I agree that the arena system sucks, it's just a reward for who has more money and time, nothing related to how skilled one is in arena teamplay. But changing it to something like that you suggested would make devs lose the $$ profit they were earning...

so I doubt changing it.

I don't think so, I think ppl would try harder in arena with

a new system.

Just look at how everyone is ranting about a lot

of balance/whatever issues, and they still are playing.

• 3 months later...
  • Developer

Matchmaking rating system is pretty common nowadays. We implemented it and will work on it in the future. It is working now, but definitely need some tweaking.