bee> lightning

Thought i'd share my opinion to those PvP-built druids, bee is a far better skill than lightning,

Why?

PRO:

Damage: overall lightning may do more damage THAN bee, however that is the only PRO of the skill.

CON: No other efefft of the skill by leveling it.

- if the skill misses, you have effectively wasted x amount of skill points.

- in terms of leveling it at high character level with high amp staff, the damage difference is

not impressive at all.

Bee!

Pro: great damage at level 3+, DoT ticking over 100 with penetration, can critically strike aswell.

*THE MOST IMPORTANT THING ABOUT BEE*

Dps/attack speed reduction.

Alot of newer players have forgotten what a great utility bee is for pvping against melees and especially rangers

E.g.) level 3 bee casted on a ranger with, lets say 15% attack speed. When bee is casted, their attack speeed is altered into a negative integer ( negative) - 12.9 or even greater. These figures arent exact, i will do tests tommorow.

Primarily, bee is a great skill to level if you prefer pvping more than pve.

unlike lightning, if bee dmg is dodged, the speed reduction is still applied, thus reducing DPS aswell (damage per second is reliant on attack speed and damage.)

What are your thoughts?

Lightning or bee.

Constructive arguments please.

My opinion:

DPS it not important on PvP. DPS only matters if you can't use skills and are relying on auto-attacks. 

This will happen only in 2 cases: when you are out of mana or when you are on cooldown of ALL your attack skills. Since now with expert skills every class has a lot of attack skills, rarely it will happen. This is the same principle why all rogues shoud use only axes for any kind of PvP.

So yeah, the slightly extra damage from lightning is more desirable, unless the attack speed penalty is really big which I don't think is the case.

I had a druid named Baskentli 3 or 4 years ago, I remember my bee was 5/5 lol many ppl called me noob because of that,but they started to call me pro 1 month after i started to beat mymelody (old rogue) in pvp running and throwing bee lol. they all were like ''O_o wtf,he really did it =O''

I'm glad to see that yet there are some ppl who knows how to use a druid, i liked ur topic jake.

Edited by baskentliii

Yeah bee... *-* Never dodged, reduce rival's speed.

Bee is more useful in PvP moreover in farming bosses! C:

P.S. I prefer x6t3nc3 than Physik :P

I had a druid named Baskentli 3 or 4 years ago, I remember my bee was 5/5 lol many ppl called me noob because of that,but they started to call me pro 1 month after i started to beat mymelody (old rogue) in pvp running and throwing bee lol. they all were like ''O_o wtf,he really did it =O''

I'm glad to see that yet there are some ppl who knows how to use a druid, i liked ur topic jake.

Try it today and everyone will call you a noob because of running. I personally also hate it when all casters (except priest cause of elusive) are running that's not pro somehow

Actually thats how most of the caster must play, when you see a movie,trailer or anime about mmorpg you always see the caster fighting far away of its enemy, thats the way they play,they are not tanks if they were tanks they should have been called Barbs or bds not druid :D

not worth lvling skill because of its cooldown.i do 96dps Normally on mob tats enugh.lighting skill is 7s and with sphere combo u can do stun for 1s or better forest song which is really great for pvp/hunt.if ur a solo pvp peep go max bees

Yea but only problem is that you can put only 4 skill points on experts skills and forest song doesn't work 100% on lvl 4

• 6 months later...

My opinion:

DPS it not important on PvP. DPS only matters if you can't use skills and are relying on auto-attacks.

This will happen only in 2 cases: when you are out of mana or when you are on cooldown of ALL your attack skills. Since now with expert skills every class has a lot of attack skills, rarely it will happen. This is the same principle why all rogues shoud use only axes for any kind of PvP.

So yeah, the slightly extra damage from lightning is more desirable, unless the attack speed penalty is really big which I don't think is the case.

this

Bee might do more damage but Lightning has less cd, you're talking about 7 secs lightning and 15 secs Bee. So basically, increasing a damage of 7 sec skill is more effective.

And let's keep the Bees for taking up stacks from Barbs and Rogues new skills, and slowing down melees.

• 2 months later...

E.g.) level 3 bee casted on a ranger with, lets say 15% attack speed. When bee is casted, their attack speeed is altered into a negative integer ( negative) - 12.9 or even greater. These figures arent exact, i will do tests tommorow.

Is this confirmed? I always thought that it meant movement speed rather than attack speed. The skill description is somewhat ambiguous.

Is this confirmed? I always thought that it meant movement speed rather than attack speed. The skill description is somewhat ambiguous.

All dot skill reduces your movement speed. Bee reduces your attack speed as well as movement speed. 15% speed on bee is in negative like -13% or greater.

Attack speed is the most worthless stat in the game, reducing it is meaningless. Unless you can double your attack speed, it won't matter