Sentinel arena tips (Inspired by Nabnecro)

ninjamato

Sentinel arena tips (Inspired by Nabnecro)

Here are some tips for sentinel players on arena. These tips apply on different arena situations, but I try my best

to describe the situation.

Ranger

Try to stay behind your tank. If enemy team has rogue(s), put a trap in a strategic place, where they probably step on it. Target enemy healers or damage dealers. Scatter shot is best used at rogues or death knights after they pulled you. Don't use blessing before you need it. 

Combos:

1                            2                           3         4

Blessing>Normal shot+powerful shot>scatter>trap if you or team healer is targetet

> Repeat part 1 and 2 if enemies target your tank.

Blade dancer

Ummm... avoid aoe stuns and nuke healers with ham? This is basic sh*t.

Combos:

1              2             3

Ham>Flash strike>Sap, if you are targetet, repeat from part 1 or 2

>Agro, if your healer/dmg is targetet, repeat from part 1 or 2

Druid

On 2v2 healer is probably the easiest target, so heal yourself.

On 5v5 you could also heal your tank class. Against shaman use root when his heal is about to fade. Do not run on your own, just because some shaman is running away because your about to kill him. Instead target their damage dealers (Rogue/warlock).

Combos:

1                    2               3            4       5        6

Kiting: Root>Normal hit/Heal>Lightning>Bees>Run>repeat

Mage

When using warp don't tele to circle or pool. Don't use chains before dk pull or rogue jump. Try to nuke the weakest character first with 3 dmg skills. Also ask your team to attack aggressively to not make you warp alone in the middle of enemies (Yeah like that's gonna happen with random party).

Combos:

1          2           3                  4                  5

Against casters: Fireball>Warp>Shatters>Repeat/chains>Repeat

1          2          3            4            5         6

Against melee: Fireball>Warp>Chains>Shatters>Fireball>Kite with ball until you have chains back

Paladin

On 5v5 fetters is your best skill so use it in a effective way where it stuns many people at right time (You could time it like druid root). On 2v2 use fetters for purification combo. heal the wounded, if possible.

Combos:

1           2h

Foj>Purification  (Sorry I haven't really played pala)

Priest

On 2v2 shield yourself. Use armistice on enemy's dmg dealing class and shield your friend, is a one way to play with a strong friend. Use word power on enemy casters.

On 5v5 you could also shield your tank or mage. If a rogue sneaks up to you, you have 2 options:

use armistice (good option), use word power to pvp him (good option if you are strong enough and are able to heal your allies at the same time). Against healers word power is a tool to make them wait their heal. Try to stay away from the middle of the battle and support your team. 

Combos:

1              2              3                                    4

Against healers: Shield>Word power>Tears>Heal/Shield/Armistice/Repeat/Normal hit (Really situational. You just gotta learn when you need heal)

1         2             3                                    4

Against non healers: Shield>Tear>Word power>Heal/Shield/Armistice/Repeat/Normal hit (Really situational. You just gotta learn when you need heal)

Other tips

Leave the runners alone, if you have other targets. Try to position yourself in a way where you are close to enemy healers, but stay away from enemy damage dealers

Tell me your feedback and own tips! :good:

Also tell me, if this was self-evident.  :blush:

Edits: Combos added!

Edited by ninjamato

Nice but you forgot something . When enemy party is strong , never chase the amped or the person who is range attacker or the healer who stays back , always kill the front and never chase the bait ;)

Nice but you forgot something . When enemy party is strong , never chase the amped or the person who is range attacker or the healer who stays back , always kill the front and never chase the bait ;)

Yeah leave the runners alone, but I think amped rogues are pretty important to kill first? 

Sometimes it is needed versus strong party , if everyone does what he wants and run in them alone .. xD , yea needs teamwork sometimes .

• 2 weeks later...
Ranger

Try to stay behind your tank. If enemy team has rogue(s), put a trap in a strategic place, where they probably step on it. Target enemy healers or damage dealers. Scatter shot is best used at rogues or death knights after they pulled you. Don't use blessing before you need it.

Pro tip: dont trap at corners. They will suspect you to trap there, and will try to avoid it.

for that reason, place your trap 1 yard away from corners

• 3 weeks later...

put a guide for legions also .

nice one tho :give_rose:

Ty :) I believe there already is one made by Nabnecro. I tried to find it, but didn't have any luck. If somebody else finds it, please link