Ioko, the spider shaman

Nino

Update

So I basically added spider legs coming out from  his back, since I thought he needs something more associated with spiders.

And also I drew a colored version of him, but I think it would look better with darker colors...

Hello, 

so this is the boss I've created for this contest. Feel free to comment.

Story

8 years earlier

Ioko was an ordinary boy. He was curious and adventurous kid. Once he heard a legend about the cave of the spiders. The legend said that mother of spiders lives there. People also used to  believe that she often comes out of her cave and kidnaps children. Ioko always wanted to see it with his own eyes, the rumors didn't make him that happy. One day Ioko left his house and rushed to the forest. After few hours of searching tired boy laid down on the green grass. The birds were chirpping, sun was shining. Ioko thought about the legend. He couldn't believe how dumb he was. This thing doesn't even exist! It was only a big lie!

8 years later

Where am I? Where am I...? It's so dark... Cold. I have never felt so cold. He tried to move. Ioko couldn't even spin his head, there wasn't enough space. Think think think... Ahhh I wanna get out from here! Ioko started tearing the thing apart. It works! It could be a bag he thought. But why am I in a bag? What happened here? When he escaped it was still dark and cold. After a few minutes Ioko started seeing suroundings. A cave he thought I'm in cave... He couldn't understand what he was doing here. Ioko hardly could walk. He looked around and tried to understand what was going on. One thing attracted Ioko's eyes: a huge cocoon torn apart. I was in it? What's going on here? He looked around once again. The other thing he saw was a skeleton. A very small skeleton like child's.  Ioko suddenly remembered how he came here. Boy looked again at the skeleton. One, two, three and many more were laying on the ground. Ioko wasn't scared, he felt happy being the only one alive in a cave full of children's skeletons. And now he understood.The cave of the spiders. The legend. All those kiddnaped and eaten kids whose skeletons were laying right under Ioko‘s feet. Now I am  one of them. But... I'm alive... Why?

Ioko touched his face. Scars. Scars on his face, on his arms. The young shaman was smiling. He felt an incredibly power inside his body.

What a nice body I've got. A strange voice apeared. I'm feeling alive. Finally.

Those words didn't come from boy's mouth. They were inside his head.

Ioko felt the need to kill and eat humans.

He touched scars again. How long have I been here?

Ioko laid down on  the cold ground, but he didn't feel cold. He wasn't scared of the darkness. Ioko felt powerfull. Mother of the spiders consumed his soul. Thousand of spiders started coming out from nowhere. Do I know how to deal with this?

Now

Ioko still lives in a cave of spiders. He often uses his magical powers to attract people from the forest and then kills them. It's like amusment for him. But sometimes people come without his invitations and shaman feels the need to destroy them just because the mother is telling him to.(She often feels the hunger).

Ioko once asked

Where's the hell?

Inside your head.

Skills:

Summons a lot of (15-30) small spiders with (50-150) hp which also deals small amount of damage. 

Spider web

Stops  players for few sec and make them unable to use skills.

Spider Venom

Aoe skill  which poisons the players around him. Deals average damage per second.

Insanity

Sometimes the mother of spiders takes the lead of his body and increases her power. Uses skill Hunger and so makes Ioko eat human flesh (deals huge amount of damage to the tank).

cave of the spiders in a forest.

Behaviour:

As usual attacks the tank.

Deals magic damage.

When hp bar reaches minimum Ioko creates cocoon as a shield and so it increases his defense. But it makes him inable to use any of his attacks. If the shaman isn‘t killed after few min he restores his hp (10-20k), but comes back to his normal self so it‘s easier to deal the damage on him.

IOKO 1.PNG

IOKO 2.PNG

IOKO 3.PNG

Ioko.jpg

Edited by Nino

And also I'm leaving the first drawing, cause it will be easier to see the difference.

To Livina:

Thanks! And yeah I love anime. Read few mangas, but actually prefer anime way more.

And thanks Demonsedge!

This boss is animé-zingly cute..

But still NOPE*.
I might still need a Firestone to face Ioko

since MC and Forsaken doesn't have that FIRE power as Mages of other faction have.

*SPIDERS

Great story, sire.
If this was an animé, this is yet another proof that it is not solely for kids.

Well if I'm wrong then, I hope mother spider will hunt those who say so..

And trap them over a cocoon, sticking their arse out.

*vanishes away*

cool story

Thanks!

amazing story

Thank you!

This boss is animé-zingly cute..

But still NOPE*.

I might still need a Firestone to face Ioko

since MC and Forsaken doesn't have that FIRE power as Mages of other faction have.

*SPIDERS

Great story, sire.

If this was an animé, this is yet another proof that it is not solely for kids.

Well if I'm wrong then, I hope mother spider will hunt those who say so..

And trap them over a cocoon, sticking their arse out.

*vanishes away*

Lol thanks, but I think your boss is waaaay cuter. It's an owl! 

I understand what you mean, but since fire, moon and dark magic have been removed from the game it doesn't make a huge difference what damage players deal.

But it would be cool if people had to do a quest to get a firestone or any other item which would let them use fire magic.

I have to correct you that I'm lady and yeah such anime wouldn't definitely be recommended for kids...

Her main purpose now  is to hunt those who says this.

Well I have to say that you sir, seem funny.

Edited by Nino

Lol thanks, but I think your boss is waaaay cuter. It's an owl! 

I understand what you mean, but since fire, moon and dark magic have been removed from the game it doesn't make a huge difference what damage players deal.

But it would be cool if people had to do a quest to get a firestone or any other item which would let them use fire magic.

I have to correct you that I'm lady and yeah such anime wouldn't definitely be recommended for kids...

Her main purpose now  is to hunt those who says this.

Well I have to say that you sir, seem funny.

Apologies..
Forgive my error, milady.
Your name confused me.
Worry not for I will never do such mistake again.

Hmm, Moderator Livi said the same thing.
I'm supposed to be scary.
Maybe skulls are not intimadating anymore..

Strange.

Oh, about the FIRE crap that I'm afraid you misunderstood..
I only came up with the viral joke over the web.

"When you see a NOPE (creepy organism, insects, etc.).. solve it with FIRE."
Well, that is, in case you weren't aware of that.

Anyway fair maiden,
I returned only to apologize and I have no intention of opening something irrelevant to your topic.

Gratitude for your praise with the Vision of Wisdom.
I bid you good fortune with Ioko.

I'll take my leave,
Or how do Japanese youth say it..

"Ja ne"
(じゃあね)

*vanishes*

• 3 weeks later...