Vera Nocturna: The Vision of Wisdom

You're really good in giving criticism (i meant in a good way) !

His story is also awesome, moreover there are some pauses there with the funny comments written by himself xD not making it boring at all!

:D

Great designs, I like them a lot. Nothing over the top, trying hard to be grim and dark, no excessive spikes and edges, I like this kind of style. Kinda resembles a lobster, especially in thumbnails. 

About behavior, I personally dislike bosses who can heal themselves. It only makes the already long fights even longer. If players had skills that can hinder healing, it would be fine, but we sadly don't. You could of course balance it out by giving the boss lower base health, but then it only makes it even easier for big organized groups, while crippling small parties. If that's what you want, a boss that's meant to be taken down by groups of 40 people, then no problem here.

As for the "target healers" ability, it's a good idea to mess with players, but it could be easily countered by healers leaving room just before phase 2, and returning when phase 3 begins. With poor coding, this would end up making the boss stand idly for a while. Personally I'd give him something else to disrupt everyone, but it's your boss, and unique ideas, even if they won't work well, they are still better than the mundane tank and spank for X minutes.

And the statues, one worry. I hope the boss can be fought without activating them all, and they just provide "minor" nuisances like 20% more damage. The boss should be defeatable with just one side present, we're still at war.

As for story, DIDN'T READ LOL. I'm not a great writer so as long as it doesn't have any "ancient evil sitting inside the earth for one million years", or anything equally stupid, it's fine.

My deepest gratitude sir Azebu *salute*

I'm glad you liked them.

I honestly don't like humanoid bosses so I made a complete different one.

Though the lobster made me chuckle a bit.

(I remembered the Russian Boss entry)

First of, this is why I really need criticisms over my work so I can see a blind spots and errors other people can see, so then and I can fix or improve them.

As for the "target healers" ability, it's a good idea to mess with players, but it could be easily countered by healers leaving room just before phase 2, and returning when phase 3 begins. With poor coding, this would end up making the boss stand idly for a while. Personally I'd give him something else to disrupt everyone, but it's your boss, and unique ideas, even if they won't work well, they are still better than the mundane tank and spank for X minutes.

This made me think and realize my error with the idea.

With no healers visible while the skill is active, the boss will do nothing indeed.

Well, maybe I'll leave it like that and admit my defeat. It's like you caught an owl during daytime. Great eyes you got there, sire.

About behavior, I personally dislike bosses who can heal themselves. It only makes the already long fights even longer. If players had skills that can hinder healing, it would be fine, but we sadly don't. You could of course balance it out by giving the boss lower base health, but then it only makes it even easier for big organized groups, while crippling small parties. If that's what you want, a boss that's meant to be taken down by groups of 40 people, then no problem here.

You got a point here. Well, I've never been a healer before so that's why it's easy for me to put these things.

(plus I'm not good with numbers).

I do said that Vera Nocturna's HP is up to the Developers so they can balance it out if it's too over-powered with the idea. I also said "to make sure it's fair enough" because a healing boss with high HP capacity is just so frustrating to face. I'm, in a way, asking for their help to make this boss balanced with reasonable hitpoints.

I never really put much of focus with this simply because I'm hoping people will understand that this boss will only heal itself halfway during the battle and the healing factor will be gone if they made it through 50% and triggered it's transformation. (That is, if Devs will allow such mechanics.)

Overall, its hitpoints capacity will be 100% + 20-50% extension with the healing ability.

(I'm not sure what I'm saying with this, I really suck with numbers. If you don't get this, then nevermind)

Aye, my idea of this boss is specifically to wipe out one party or small group of players only.

(Something that my low-amped Family party cannot face. *giggles* Oh Apologies, Veramux is tickling me.)

I'm inspiring teamwork and strategy. Which is I assume people will not do since they are every man for themsel..  oh sorry, every man and woman for themselves.

(I had a recent encounter Feminazis. Better be careful now.)

And the statues, one worry. I hope the boss can be fought without activating them all, and they just provide "minor" nuisances like 20% more damage. The boss should be defeatable with just one side present, we're still at war.

I see. Well, maybe it's better if these statues won't damage players at all.

I just wanted to help Vera Nocturna with the use of its environment since I haven't put mobs' assistance as you can see. I think it will be very unfair if the boss has a healing ability yet its minions are lurking everywhere.

My honest intention with these statues are to share my wisdom with the players. Developers can add their messages to players too, if they like. Say something like: "Sell shotgun rounds not your accounts." Then the statues will fire shotgun bullets through their eyes. *laughs* Just kidding *grin*

Again I would like to express my deepest gratitude to you, good sire.

Truth be told, I was waiting for you to bash my work since May 24th after I posted this topic.

Still no signs of your comment and the deadline is coming.. so I approached you instead.

Your thoughts helped me and I really appreciate the time you covered while staying.

As promised. Here's my expression of deepest gratitude:

WGXgl6i.png

The Drunk Brawler: Lerky the Tippler with [Velvet Beer XL]

(The Drunk Brawler is original work by sir Azebu)

(Lerky the Tippler is AIGRIND's Warspear in game NPC) 

I'm hoping great fortune with your entry sir.

*casts Dark Shield*

Edited by Vera_Z

Best in my eyes zery zery zery good job bq44.gif

Gratitude, sire..

But I know a greater "best" that will suit your sight..

Dcjl8Xi.png?1

Behold! Pandæ Vera!

Apologies, no cute panda for the moment.

Gratitude, sire..

But I know a greater "best" that will suit your sight..

Dcjl8Xi.png?1

Behold! Pandæ Vera!

Apologies, no cute panda for the moment.

bq48.gif

couple of weeks later

bq103.gif farm Panda Vera pm

top well done dude, really u deserve this prize cuz u know how to edit bosses bestba175.gif

Edited by lallouss