Stun flawls.

Maleshaman

Right so I had in mind to make this topic a while ago.

The point here is that I'm getting pretty tired of failed stuns with charge and shield strike.

Majority of the classes gets a higher ratio in successful stuns compared to barbs, can't they just agree to 100% rate this already?

And don't come with excuses about "hue but song and gouge fail too" no, I'm talking barbarian here.

Because RNG makes the game more "exciting" and "competitive". Every game dev knows that.

Agreed. Pretty much every class has a decent stun except for barbs. You could argue that charge is good, but it fails way more often than you expect and huge cooldown together with inability to use it upclose makes it even worse. Remember that shield bash is not 100% either and a lot of barbarians choose to roll with a 2-hander.

To everyone who are already mashing their keyboard to tell me some other classes don't have a stun, let me give you a summary.

Shaman? Blind + earthquake

Rogue? Gouge, can be broken by others, but if you don't touch the guy, he's effectively stunned

Warlock? Circle, fear, hex

Necro? Fear, nightmare, same deal with Gouge just less people complaining

Deathknight? Exhalation is not 100% but low cooldown and the ability to use it real personal compensates everything

Paladin? Repellent strike, harad's call, foj - similar deal with earthquake

Mage? Possible fear, chains - similar deal with eartquake

Priest? Word, elusive and armistice don't really stun you but all these debuffs either don't let you or drain so you wouldn't be able to attack effectively

Ranger? So much immobilizing and disorienting crap, sometimes you die before attacking

Druid? Root, circle, song

Bladedancer? lol

Possible fear is not happening because by the time you do blazing grounds and fireball your enemy either is at his home island already or he sidestepped, I drop your case about it

Chains lol, long time argued in forum, we ended accepting calling it a push effect and not a stun

I stand for mages

Bd is balanced

Level shield bash,works more often

Charge needs a buff if you want higher chance

Would say this is a valid option IF it had use in pve, as we both kno this remains to be resisted by bosses (anything lower doesn't obviously)

I'm aware of the while wash list if skills mentioned above and i think the statement is pretty clear here.

ah charge lvl5 only ranged stun but fails most time,shield bash cc stun tats crap with 22s cooldown being a 1h.dont understand why barbs of the crapest stun comparing to rest tanks

Statistical wise were the second worst, Dks are the worst when it comes to actual stuns (silence isn't one)

gm should realy buff charge. it should be 100% chance to stun at lvl 5 coz its only stun that barb has. what is more all most every barb uses 2 handed wpns and can't use shield stun...

• 3 weeks later...

the way charge works should be changed ,,only from distance and fails alot  if enemy near u it is useless ..u run and use it doesnt exactly work cause hard to trigger it many times wont go on.  so i think charge mechanism  shoud change at least to work even if enemy is near u

Blunt suggestion I have is to rework it like a Bds rush, that's just my opinion tho.

100% stun at rank 5 would fix the problem

• 4 weeks later...

Aoe stun too, I'll be greedy in my demands from now on

yeah u r 100% right ,,the only stun who fails alot and i mean aloooooooot and hard to use sometimes wont even go, or just go after sometime which is too late (like u stand still for a little time before it goes) and if enemy near u ,it makes it worse even if u want to move and stun probably will fail even at5/5 :facepalm: ...so it should be changed specially when the other characters can stun u too much with stuns that work every time and both from distance and no distannce needed ....so it should be changed to be AOE  stun and works better but i hate to say it GM wont listen and it will stay the worst stun ever i hope i am wrong with this but 99%no