Tanking provoke mechanics

mailliwdxb

So as an mc person ive noticed that tanks (barbs,dk,pala) are barely of any use in pve (as a tank) due to their lower damage compared to higher dps loaded rogues and bd. So how about you change the provoke skill a bit and tweek it.

What i mean is...when a party consisting of a 'rogue/bd, tank, heal' take on a boss..its usually the rogue tanking.

What i propose is that the provoke skill has the duration of its cooldown ...making it usable continuous *something like the dk dark shield skill* AND make its effect non negate-able i.e the tank always gains the mobs attention.

The question then comes up 'opposing parties could spam these skills and easily pull bosses around' .

So i guess the provoke skill will work based on culmulative damage of the party/person

i.e if the party i used as an exmple previously were to fight a boss again but this time there is another tank as a spy or opposing party. The ability to gain agro of the boss/mob is only possible if the spy were to have outdone the damage of the party

Whereas the tank in the party already gained the highest culmulative dmg and is able to provoke

Any suggestion to correct the above is appreciated. :D

For all i know every skill in game atleast works, doesnt matter if its lvl 1 or higher.

Provoke is a skill thats useless further into a boss grind becuase since the rogues damage/dps is a bit higher than the tanks it stockpiles a major damage difference which from then provoke wont work because the damage difference is too big.

another topic? Just an observation while i was giving spawn a 4 hour beatdown :3 . *greedy ass still hasnt given up the suit :( *

A suggestion is still a suggestion. I dont see how this changes anything in a pvp perspective and is a pretty good 'up' for tanks and their demands in dg, boss hunts and whatnots.

So if this was a prior post *bump*

True but to be honest high lvl tanks never lvl up taunt or agro expert skills , i guess lvl5 can ensure dk/barb tanks, and u were saying up bd as a dps? As far as i know is best dps/tank lOl,

What i mean is bds are tanks bro not just dps , bds can mix Br + golden av or even Ds , and get enough def and states to tank , and sheild skill o.o dodge buff , they good tanks , mostly work as dps but they r tanks

When im going lab with my pala, i usually violently take the role to tank, as a runner in lab is way more than a tanker :P usually i dont get boss agro anyway becuase of high dps teamates :P

I did, on my old barb. It's useful, it's VERY useful.

Good, looks like it is VERY useful to you.

Violently rip mobs out of boss-stealers.

Get a second free of any hits or a distance advantage in running when pvping (when u are a coward).

Have a free pvp signal to annoy rogues.

Ensure everyones security in lab.

Many more. But still pretty useless