Dks = Strong?

It is a really slow class. (I use spear) Maybe with a mace it works? But because I'm lvl13, I prefer high dmg output with exha, thorn combo

if i could +10 any class id choose dk

i feel they stack the best with darkness shield and +10 armor compared to any other class getting full +10s including ranger (ranger a close 2nd)

i once fought a dk with +10 1h sword vs my +7 paladin, and he completely wrecked me no chance

As a dk player with an ok +8 they are really good tanks with lots of bursts and stun but are at a major disadvantage if your stuns dont force opponent to a loss.

You let your opponent attack you lose

For high lvl dk's: Can you stack exha, blow of silence and sharp shadow? ;D  Like make a super strike with increased dmg, silencing and stunning your enemy within 3 yards

As a high lvl dk i repeat...you can stack stuns if the opponent falls for late skill usage.

i.e get a damage output with 2blow stuns, 2exhale stuns, and any burst in between, STUN GALORE

But if the opponent survives you have a low survivability since dks are purely offence atm with dark shield being the only proper def skill.

Its something like a gun slinger class...get proper stun timings you can rape higher amps...you miss by a margin of a second a low amp could easily end you.

Dks are very useful when high amp, however barbarians have the best defense

As for best at high amp, id say healers,, shaman or druid - mostly druids.

Dk's have incredible stuns but unfortunately they have a chance to miss, if 1 misses - it could spell the end.

Thatnis, in terms of pvp.

In pve, tanking id say they're hella great. 5/5 dark shield is sexy. But barbs tend to do a beter job imo, self heal, charge, roar etc.

Very great class - needs skill otherwise it is useless.

Dks are very useful when high amp, however barbarians have the best defense

As for best at high amp, id say healers,, shaman or druid - mostly druids.

Dk's have incredible stuns but unfortunately they have a chance to miss, if 1 misses - it could spell the end.

Thatnis, in terms of pvp.

In pve, tanking id say they're hella great. 5/5 dark shield is sexy. But barbs tend to do a beter job imo, self heal, charge, roar etc.

Very great class - needs skill otherwise it is useless.

Gotta disagree on the link between dks amd barbs.

I play a barb myself which isn't too shabby on defence (never bothered upgrading armour after tlaskoes release) and a friend of myne plays her Dk (she's pretty fearsome)

We've done several pve challenges where we'd both tank a boss (or several bosses/adds/minions) and out of these results it's clear to say that Dks are the supreme tankers over Barbs.

I think it has mostly to do with dark shield and the ability of life steal boosts, in tanking this helps alot more then my 40 sec cdr Fury which heals me for 900.

(With outdated I litteraly mean I'm using 17 resil armour and 18 he/dd/kw sets for tanking along with level 17 abbys rings and a lvl 19 amulet)

Dark shield is 100~150 damage reduce which has 60% of occuring

Life steal requires a hp saccrifice

Overall barbs are beast in pve no doubt because of debuffs and self heal

Dks in pvp because of skill blockade

You must not have tank gear equipped. A barb can achieve over 10000 defense with that skill (forgot name), lifestesl boost on dk is pretty useless with a 1h wep (Low heal output) a barb has more healthpoints aswell, wheras a dk has more mana regen. Lol.

in lab, deathknights are slow compared to barbs Aswell. I know dk's have dark shield, but apart from that skill, most of their other skills are not as pve effective as those given to barbs. Roar at level 5 isamazing aswell. Both classes have an aoe taunt but im pretty sure the barbs aoe taunt (also increases def) has a larger range? Correct me if im wrong.

Dks are strong yes, but in a fight you need to time the skills to get a proper combo or just accept your death onspot

In pve,armor amp, lifesteal attribute counts(solo pve)

I don't know, I'd say dk is a turtle in defence while a barb is a knight

You must not have tank gear equipped. A barb can achieve over 10000 defense with that skill (forgot name), lifestesl boost on dk is pretty useless with a 1h wep (Low heal output) a barb has more healthpoints aswell, wheras a dk has more mana regen. Lol.

in lab, deathknights are slow compared to barbs Aswell. I know dk's have dark shield, but apart from that skill, most of their other skills are not as pve effective as those given to barbs. Roar at level 5 isamazing aswell. Both classes have an aoe taunt but im pretty sure the barbs aoe taunt (also increases def) has a larger range? Correct me if im wrong.

Let's see if I can react to everything with making sense xd

First of all pve gear and defence numbers.

It is true that EVERY shield class can reach over 10k psychical defence. If you've seen it mecha posted his defence (assuming it's +10) and yea it was indeed over 10k.

Barbs can boost a bit over this thanks to war cry (tgats the skill you didn't kno about and its still the same broken aoe taunt)

However as you mention this I'll remind you that it overtakes a druids barskin (if you were to test at a neutral area)

Having a little chat with my friend about this aswell, it's clear to me that barbs indeed have a higher damage burst over dks, but in return dks will still get more ls thanks to saturation.

I won't compare fury to saturation because they're both pretty neat. But a thing I would like to mention is 1h skills

Dks have a general skill build, meaning they get to use it 2h or 1h, does this help? No it doesn't. Their dps remains slow.

Does it helps for barbs? Neither, we might have shield strike but this doesn't (or rarely) does work on bosses.

Comparing roar to dark shield, I'd prefer dark shield mainly because it got a little boost recently (which was well needed) and the side effect to roar is that it doesn't cycle like ds does.

Sorry for the text wall, just wanted to mention these things.

Saturation is not neat...its not chainable..it requires a hp sacrifice...only effective at max skill pointage which grants 14% ls.

An extra stun..is a stun....you are forced to use a shield because its ideal for a barb to get that defense and survivability in a pve circumstance.. whereas dks have options due to the amount of bursts we have.

Again a 1h provides dps higher than that of a 2h and extra def along with it.

Saturation is not neat...its not chainable..it requires a hp sacrifice...only effective at max skill pointage which grants 14% ls.

An extra stun..is a stun....you are forced to use a shield because its ideal for a barb to get that defense and survivability in a pve circumstance.. whereas dks have options due to the amount of bursts we have.

Again a 1h provides dps higher than that of a 2h and extra def along with it.

Sacrifice 100-200 hp (maybe not even) to get back about 600-1000hp=neat (counting reduction of the 100-200)

About your comment on shield strike, I pity you if you try to use it for the stun in pve, I was talking about burst, burst equils damage, damage equils holding agro.

I'll inform ya that shield strikes damage gets resisted by bosses hence it's pretty useless.

Edited by Kishinuma

So, uh, you degrade deathknights little by little? Or what...

Do you mean to say a barb would be better than a dk in any pve circumstances? ...

Sooner or later we'll have barb vs dk pvp discussion here sigh

600-1000? Skill lasts for 5secs at lvl 1...barely gives you back the hp you sacrificed

And if you talk about investing points on the skill you miss out on blow of silence *best skill ever* and you even miss a chance to hit whilst you activate the skill (it takes one tick)

I was talking about pvp...but since you were saying dks blow of silence does horse shit in pve except acts as a dmg add of...100?

@despair what im trying to prove here is...dk isnt as great as it seems...and the more people considering it to be good++ will eventually result in no proper dk upgrades in the future

Anyone seen my sides?

We're talking about pve wise here not pvp, you name silence I just laugh a little since this skill does indeed work great in pvp but it's less usefull in pve (case you don't kno why I mention it's dueing the fact that most of the farm/hunt bosses don't exactly use skills.

I'm not gonna open a barb vs dk pvp wise discussion because there's too many variants gonna pop up and it's not what this thread is about.

I don't know anymore

Dk is as great as it seems, if you actually play well with the skills...

read the post again....i state it being a 100+ dmg boost thats all in pve and shield strike does almost the same thing except higher burst and a stun chance right?

Shield bash gets resisted from bosses

And silence gives more than just 100 damage....and it's a base damage buff, you can use thorns after it for it to deal heightened damage

Resisted hit = no stun

And blow of silence gets me from 833 to 1041 on spear set, and 582 to 701 on one hand, I consider that a big bonus...

Idk, pvp i agree dk rapes, pve - barb will always have my vote.

I'm looking more towards durability here.

Barb will live longer, self heal

ultimate defense, roar and warcry.

Barb has more hp.

Saturation is a sad sad skill with 1h wep, but no hate to either classes

I prefer to think of that like this

Dk relies on luck (Dark shield chance)

barb relies on solid def (roar fury wacry)

Edit

And if you're to use warcry, fury and roar to survive in pve, you waste more mana trying to survive than anything else...

A deathknight can do the same using only darkshield every minute or so,with extra mreg from passive.

Extra hp buff is just a hit or two extra, I don't see how it'll help...

Let's say example, my dk has 4k hp,and a barb has 4.3k, exactly how much more does that extend the lifespan? I dunno man

Edited by Despair

I prefer to think of that like this

Dk relies on luck (Dark shield chance)

barb relies on solid def (roar fury wacry)

Edit

And if you're to use warcry, fury and roar to survive in pve, you waste more mana trying to survive than anything else...

A deathknight can do the same using only darkshield every minute or so,with extra mreg from passive.

Extra hp buff is just a hit or two extra, I don't see how it'll help...

Let's say example, my dk has 4k hp,and a barb has 4.3k, exactly how much more does that extend the lifespan? I dunno man

About the same as you're dealing with a mass nuke of mobs on your ass, your hp depletes sooner along with your energy hence you lack survivability.

Now lets pass on the Dk that simply shield him/herself and goes in without the worry of mass buffing.

End result, Dks pets his younger siblings the barb.

My dk can beat any ranger, priest, mages and certain palas.

Shamans..possible, necro tough but again possible, rogue...1/5 chance, lock yeah.

Bds and druid...nah

From what ive seen barbs can take bds and dks, but heal pvps are extremely diffi-cil

Mages, rangers, palas are easy for barbs whereas necro, priest, shaman and druids are almost impossible especially if they kite.

• 1 month later...

barb isn't a pvp class, dk is. That's my opinion. You can't compare them with who can beat who and who can't. Dk is way better in pvp

• 1 year later...

You know what.... Dks and barbs both deserve a buff that wipes the playing field :3... All in favour say 'i' xd

yes I soon I green dk and brb are bellow every class they get bully alot