Druid - Secret Link in 1v1

MCocktail

Secret Link  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Should Secret Link be allowed in a fair 1v1 fight?

I just wanted to ask, because sometimes i see it over and over again...

Shall a druid in a formal pvp 1v1 fight use secret link?

Pro

• While e.g. a rogue can have 10 skills, the druid cant use all the skills he has, leaving an inequilubbrium regarding the skills that can use. E.g: You pvp a druid, he has all expert skill slots, and spent them. You too. But the druid cant use all of his skills like you.
  • Much like above, while other people profitate from their builds, a link-build-druid is quite crippled when fighting, thus making it unfair.
  • Players belong to the area enviroment, thus can be strategicly used, just like the dmging statues or the volcano map
Contra
  • While in a 1v1 you are (theorethicly) alone against another, link requires a teammate to be casted. So technicly it would be a 2v1 when using link.
  • The HP buff is overpowered on the other hand, and its tide turning potential is just enourmous, so you could say this skill is too strong for a fair 1v1.
Some Reasons i figured out, feel free to thnk more about it, and discuss and find another arguments pro or contra to this... Edited by MCocktail

It's part of their toolkit, unless everyone was to have one less ability, I don't see why this restriction should be added.

Edited by Azebu

if a druid spends his or her skill points on link skill i dont see why they should not use it even if its pvp & really i dont understand why isnt it fair to use links??

Really you don't understand? More like IQ problem

A lot of classes have skills that are useless on 1v1, secret link is one of them.

Jumping into 1v1's with some secret link slave attached to your legs is a stupid and unfair way to override this limitation.

Not to mention the amount of HP recovery depends on the link slave's current HP. Imagine if all druids were to fight 1v1s using a paladin or BD with MAX HP gear. Even level 1 link would cause insane healing.

A lot of classes have skills that are useless on 1v1, secret link is one of them.

Jumping into 1v1's with some secret link slave attached to your legs is a stupid and unfair way to override this limitation.

Not to mention the amount of HP recovery depends on the link slave's current HP. Imagine if all druids were to fight 1v1s using a paladin or BD with MAX HP gear. Even level 1 link would cause insane healing.

Link hp regain ks dependant on your current hp, the lower it is, the highrr the regen.

Eg, my hp 2200/3100, each tick of healing will be ~119 ish at lvl 1,

my hp 300/3100, healing 570+ tick @ lvl 1

the lower your hp, the higher % link will output

lol 2v1 link works that way if u dont know how it works than u say things that makes no sense like :pleasantry:  2v1 :rofl:

Cryyyyyyyy

Please dont turn this into a mindless "BWA LINK IS OP NERF BWA UR JUST A H8R M8 BWA" topic.

I wont allow you to let this topic look like one of these.

If you want to say something, please explain it further and also why, because a heated topic about a quite powerful skill can get weird really fast.

Oh and dont insult others that quick.

Edited by MCocktail

No..requires another person...equivalent to a large amount of heal instantly...requires 2 people in the vicinity making it a 2v1 sortta skill

Say whatever you want it all comes down to basically stating that people who use link in pvp already admit to a loss...imo

Skill is generally unfair considering it a pvp one is bull

No..requires another person...equivalent to a large amount of heal instantly...requires 2 people in the vicinity making it a 2v1 sortta skill

Say whatever you want it all comes down to basically stating that people who use link in pvp already admit to a loss...imo

Skill is generally unfair considering it a pvp one is bull

your missing a point here 

i agree using links needs another person but

1. That other player aint cosing you any harm

2. its not other players skill its druids own skill and he is using it for himself 

3. its just a skill that druids use as 2nd healing option idk  get why its a huge problem here

In my opinion link should be allowed it's a normal skill like all others. I'm mostly pvping without and I'm also winning the most without. Btw link isn't that powerful on skill level 1/4 or 2/4. Also it's depending on hp difference between the druid and the guy hes using it on. And to be honest, pros can kill druids even when they use link in a pvp. Once i pvped a druid i told her it's OK if she uses link, I didn't but i still won (: And with mental pit it's the same as with link on 3/4 and 4/4 it's op af, it puts my heal down to 120-130 and i don't even hit 100 on the enemy anymore. Another example the dark knights expert stun skill it's also op af when it got high skill level so stop to cry about druids link is op it's mostly depending on skill level

Edited by Xredbirdx

Link hp regain ks dependant on your current hp, the lower it is, the highrr the regen.

Eg, my hp 2200/3100, each tick of healing will be ~119 ish at lvl 1,

my hp 300/3100, healing 570+ tick @ lvl 1

the lower your hp, the higher % link will output

Incomplete info, it also depends on the other person's HP.

inb4 yes I have tested. Test link on a level 1 char and then test it on a high HP char you will see a big difference.

Edited by nabnecro

Anyway, useless discussion. All druids will defend it while others will be against it for obvious reasons. I personally kill anyone being used as a link slave on 1v1. If the druid im dueling is using link, I stun the druid and kill the other guy. In most of the cases the other guy starts attacking me too, thus proving my point it is 2v1.

Edited by nabnecro

secret link isnt skill eh? I thought in pvp every skill is allowed, not druids fault it is skill which needs another player for work. same as I will say paladin isnt allowed to use banner or rogue isnt allowed use stealth  first in pvp

Anyway, useless discussion. All druids will defend it while others will be against it for obvious reasons. I personally kill anyone being used as a link slave on 1v1. If the druid im dueling is using link, I stun the druid and kill the other guy. In most of the cases the other guy starts attacking me too, thus proving my point it is 2v1.

Lmao you are often ganking people no matter if they are pvping or not. You are the best necro in the server you don't need to gank and I don't understand why you are doing it lolz. And btw I know many people who aren't druids and saying it's allowed actually all people who are crying about link are mc, or 99%. I pvped many elves and they all said I can use (:

Regardless of the fact that you need two people to use secret link, it is still a skill in the druid's array and as such there should be no limitations of using it in a 1v1 fight. The druid is still doing the casting and may have spent valuable skill points to level it up; sacrificing other skills...

Link is most over powered skill in game a good druid wont have to Cheat and use it to win. It takes two people

To use. therefore its useless in 1v1.. Cus it is 1v1 correct? I usaully wouldnt have a problem but the fact anyone that uses it even a +6 will win pvp vs +9s. Therefore its bull shit skill that needs to be weakened and definetely shouldn't be allowed in pvp atleast.

I have an example my Rogue with 580 dmg and 3k Mag def couldn't kill a +7 lv18 druid in pvp shed kite and get low and use link ontop of other stuns and runnings and bees i couldn't kill her. So the answers no Druids will argue but its true and if i see a druid using it in pvp i will gank and kill

If the necro had a skill to resurrect a friend, would he be allowed to ressurect a friend to make a 2v1 ?

I don't think so.

Only mc complains about druids ? Because even since the chaos pot have been released, I'm sure you never pvped one of them using this skill.

So, you don't really bother to say if it's fair or no.

You should read what i said carefully. I said I'm pvping without link except when I pvp someone like Xxdeaathxx. And just for your info, I've pvped with chaos pot :P and none of the elves i pvped have ever said I'm not allowed to use. Actually all people who are experienced say it is ok.

Using pots is more fair than using secret link.

At least you don't need someone on your party near you to use it not to mention secret link is better than pot anyway.

Also here's another situation to illustrate how ridiculous it is to use secret link on 1v1 and claim it is "true" 1v1:

Imagine your druid is on norlant swamps and face a shaman who is going to attack you. What you gonna do?

"Oh please don't attack me mr shaman, wait for my secret link slave to arrive on this map".  :facepalm:

Edited by nabnecro

Simple, I'm going to kill him without link cause not all druids need link to win pvps on swamps etc. *z* Cmon you guys are all mad and jealous that you dont have the skill and it makes it harder to kill us :facepalm:

Edited by Xredbirdx

I actually never pvpd a druid who linked on his own. I just saw some videos and witnessed other pvps where they used link, and due to "2v1" complex i was curious about it.

I personnally am against it, but sure, if u use link ill (try to) deal with it

Again..im against link in pvp but if you do use it i'd take it as a loss on your side that's all

Last time we pvped i killed you without link :) :facepalm: and you used all skills, I just used 7/9 cause i dont have tornado. Next time you remove two of your expert skills when we pvp ok? 1. Your most powerful skill which is the stun and second you can decide. THAT'S gonna be a fair pvp, all have same amount of skills + both can't use their most powerful one.

Druid is already OP with all those stuns, you just need high cooldown and 4/4 forest song like kernlabba his cooldown 20%+ he can kite any melee in PvP sometimes I can't hit him even once and sometimes I'd ko him in 3 hits because low resilience. Only weak druids uses secret link in PvP :[ I'm surprised more people voted "Yes" no idea what's wrong with you guys, please understand what is 1v1 before you enter pvpcave. Chaos pot won't let you use secret link, this skill was made for farming not PvP .

yes secret link is useless on solo and it should not be on 1v1 even with 340mag I do 2.8k heal in 3-4s tat will be too op casting it on myself in 26s.already there's enough skills to kite and ur idea would make druids #1 in game and I really don't wana face high amped druids like tat in arena

OBVIOUSLY IT CAN 'T BE USED IN A 1V1. 

Secret link requires another person in the party to be used, but if it s 1v1 means u are ALONE vs another player, so u will not be able to have another person near u = u can t use secret link.

If u use demonic pot indeed u can t use secret link.

To the druid who pretend to use secret link in 1v1 vs me & pretend to continue the fight i say, go get better equip & amp ;)

When on arena, some environments affect you (Volcano dmg for example). Players are also part of the game environment. Using the environment to your advantage is part of the game, thus I think secret link is part of the druid gameplay, even on 1v1

Edited by ninjamato

Secret link requires another person in the party to be used, but if it s 1v1 means u are ALONE vs another player, so u will not be able to have another person near u = u can t use secret link.

To the druid who pretend to use secret link in 1v1 vs me & pretend to continue the fight i say, go get better equip & amp ;)

Don't be so arrogant death. Compare this: You are 25-30 years old and you work, of course you have more than enough money to amp. I'm 16 and I'm still at school. And seriously, what's your problem with someone who uses link? You still win everyone except mrvendetta. Sorry that it sounds rude but it really makes me mad when you guys say link is unfair in a pvp. It's also unfair when it's 9 skills vs. 8 skills, right? So either i pvp 9 vs. 9 skills with link or 8 vs. 8 without i don't care. That's a fair pvp then. I will put my vote on "It should be discussed" (: Edited by Xredbirdx

Totally agreed, some don't understand what is 1v1 /:

Totally agreed, some don't understand what is 1v1 /:

The "rules" for 1v1 aren't anything official. I might say jump on rogue is not fair cos rogue is a melee class, thus it shouldn't be used on rogue pvp. Still it doesn't make it a rule which can't be broken.