DK Builder for newbie

Lonex

F2RJ2Oi.jpg

Lv 1-14 Try put 5/5 on Dark Shield and Thorn of Death

Lv 15-18 Put 3/5 Provocation (PvE esp for dungeon), 2/5 Exhalation of Darkness 2/5 Threads of Darkness (PvP)

Why my dk doesn't have magic damage? About 2 years ago Exhalation can crit, but dev changes made Exhalation can't crit anymore. DK mdmg skills not OP as pala, and takes long time to cast so people can stun before DK mdmg skill comes out. And if you have mdmg for your dk that will reduce the pdmg. So, mdmg is bad for DK? No, not really, you can combine your dk with magic accessories which they have block, dodge, hp regen. High pdmg doesn't mean we will win a PvP easily, avoiding enemy attacks better than you hit much dmg and recieve high dmg too.

That's my DK, you can ask me about how to build your DK. Altough my DK isn't pro, but I can tell you about the skill, eqp, etc.

You can ask me to PVP if ya want comparing your char. DK or Barb accepted. Current lv 28

Edited by Lukazzz

Oh you dirty, I see that earth protection ;) ;D

But yeah that's a great idea for new death knights to ask you

Damn, I'm not show off my def. Just showing my char appearence. :x

That's my lates pict I've SS. No more pict. --"

Damn, I'm not show off my def. Just showing my char appearence. :x

That's my lates pict I've SS. No more pict. --"

Yeah I know but nice def anyways

• 3 months later...

Hey I made a dk, I was wandering which skill should I level first and second. I dont have to worry about lvl 18+ items and skills but just the beginning stuff. For low level pvp. Stun first?

Hey I made a dk, I was wandering which skill should I level first and second. I dont have to worry about lvl 18+ items and skills but just the beginning stuff. For low level pvp. Stun first?

Which one you like? DK with mdmg or just pdmg

If you want your DK has mdmg, set your DK: 3/5 Stun. 5/5 Thorn of Darkness. 3/5 Shield

For example: Your DK has mdmg 150 and 400 pdmg, when you use Exhalation (stun skill) it will be additional magic damage after 400 + 150.

This will be dangerous for low mdef opponents.

But now I set my DK 5/5 TOD, 5/5 Shield. Because I want more pdmg. And no mdmg

For beginner add your skill points to TOD and shield. Low lv doesn't need mdmg.

Ask again if you reach lv 18. :D

Any tips on expert skills frm lvl 18 onward? Need good expert skill build :)

Blow of Silence, Steel Hurricane, Death Call those are important for DK I think.

But don't set Death Call too high.

Which server you play? If US, you can ask me in game for details. :)

Hey thanks for the advice :) No im not looking for mdmg, Just physical. I was thinking level 18 skill build: 5/5 Thorn 3/5 exhalation (I put 2 points on it by mistake :D) and 5/5 shield. Should I build differently?

Hey thanks for the advice :) No im not looking for mdmg, Just physical. I was thinking level 18 skill build: 5/5 Thorn 3/5 exhalation (I put 2 points on it by mistake :D) and 5/5 shield. Should I build differently?

Good job! :)

Now buy expert skill :D

• 2 months later...

What about lifesteal skill? Im still lvl 16, but i wanna farm alone when i reach lvl 18, now i have 5/5 tod, 5/5 shield and 2/5 eod

Sorry for late reply

You have same skill distribution with me, but if you choose life steal skill (saturation) you will regret it later. Not useless skill, just not so much help you as Maili said. If you want life steal, better buy accessories with life steal bonus (for ex: Darkmist set) and add Vampirism Rune enchancement.

Your char won't be easy to kill, cause every incoming attacks and your attack will help regen your hp. (Depend your lifesteal percentage).

I can farm Bone Servant solo, Hydra Satraps Pontifs only with one Necro. I sugest you to buy Hurricane and Blow of Silence first.

• 6 months later...

I started a DK, and I heard from a DK friend that pretty much 5/5 exhalation 5/5 shield 3/5 thorns is well balanced. I'm more into pvp than pve, just to let ya know. I'd like to be able to like go lab and generally tank better than i was on pala. Can one have good dmg with mace or sword and shield? I don't like killing slowly cuz I die xD on pala I ended up going for higher dmg cuz I simply couldnt tank for shit and just died without putting a dent into anything

e.e I want a DK that can solo like a healer

Edited by ColdFootedMole

• 6 months later...
Ah my old post, ty for coming. :D

Btw what are you asking about? If I see your dk gears that would be nice for pve, high block and parry. If you have 4/4 saturation 3/4 hurricane Im sure you can solo Astral Lab.

I started a DK, and I heard from a DK friend that pretty much 5/5 exhalation 5/5 shield 3/5 thorns is well balanced. I'm more into pvp than pve, just to let ya know. I'd like to be able to like go lab and generally tank better than i was on pala. Can one have good dmg with mace or sword and shield? I don't like killing slowly cuz I die xD on pala I ended up going for higher dmg cuz I simply couldnt tank for shit and just died without putting a dent into anything

e.e I want a DK that can solo like a healer

Just noticed your post now, are you still interested with dk bro? xD

it will be a pve based dk for now, i want to be a very good tank. For experts i was thinking secret reserves 3/4 saturation 3/4 steel hurricane 3/4. Would it be good? %30life steal and hurricane for life pot xD. secret reserve to save my ass if i get in trouble. But how many times do secret reserves heal? And what is the cooldown for it? Thank you

Edited by graybeardx

it will be a pve based dk for now, i want to be a very good tank. For experts i was thinking secret reserves 3/4 saturation 3/4 steel hurricane 3/4. Would it be good? %30life steal and hurricane for life pot xD. secret reserve to save my ass if i get in trouble. But how many times do secret reserves heal? And what is the cooldown for it? Thank you

Well, your distribution skill very good to tank a party mob in same aggro. Secret reserve heal 7 times with 1 min cooldown. If we hoping for secret reserve, we need to avoid enemy attack. Don't let enemy or mobs reduce our hp too fast.

Is that your real dk gears and enchancements?

No, it is the one im hoping to get im leveling up right now. 7 times heal is great! With that life regen if i make it 4/4 it can 750 for 7times. And i believe it is every 5second? 25seconds without reserve and then another heal. Over 5k heal in 1minute. Might as well take 1 point off saturation or steel hurricane and put it to reserves. But at how much hp left that it activates? Because there is a chance you will die before it starts healing

For PvE, my opinion this build is:

- Lack of HP

- Lack of Parry %

- Lack of Penetration %

Here my suggestion for Good PvE DK

ws-db.ru/calculator#8384

The total cost of the gear also not that high, only the Halloween accecories is high.

With decent HP at Lv.28 should be 5600 or so, and High Parry and Block is really useful specially at Technopolis, or Tank ton of mobs. Even tank few mobs its very useful.

Edited by Kelvzs

Go for 4/4 reserve satu for PvE

Rely on your own dmg for hurricane

Half arsing satu at 3/4 keeps too much space between consecutive uses....4/4 reserve is a secret link in itself .

If you're a 28 that build will do well anywhere... considering the only place you wouldn't be able to tank/would take difficulty is to and that too you have many mobs spawning aka making your 1/4 hurricane a pot in itself

Edited by mailliwdxb

http://ws-db.ru/calculator#8382Think ill go with something like this. Around 900heal from rrserves at 4/4 with %27 crit chance it should crit a few times aswell and heal 1800. Also more critic=more damage=more life steal. Im missing out parry and block now though

Around 900heal from rrserves at 4/4 with %27 crit chance it should crit a few times aswell and heal 1800.

Aaaand it heals 5-6 times.

Seriously, do devs know those numbers and still not nerfing it?

Reserve better get nerfed.

Mind pala can heal while root the enemy, esp if pala has high mdmg and sun seal. Elie could heal 1800 crit!

No, it is the one im hoping to get im leveling up right now. 7 times heal is great! With that life regen if i make it 4/4 it can 750 for 7times. And i believe it is every 5second? 25seconds without reserve and then another heal. Over 5k heal in 1minute. Might as well take 1 point off saturation or steel hurricane and put it to reserves. But at how much hp left that it activates? Because there is a chance you will die before it starts healing

When does the secret reserve active?

We dont know for sure, but as my survey the more points you distribute the faster that skill active. Unfortunately, this skill active when low hp so if we got around 1.5k dmg before secret reserve active 90% dead. My DK could tank TP hero, but if you want more than me try your DK to tank TP hard. Current secret reserve isn't same as before, in battle mode I can heal 440hp if enemy killed we turn to normal mode and regen increased to 880hp (old system). Now in battle or normal mode have same ammount of heal. Im sure this is a bug.

This is not a bug, the old system sucks tho its so op it still depends on user.

If he want a full reserve build or not and to sacrifice vamp runes or any other runes on accessories for hp regen :)

Cause if u have it 1/4 then getting 200+ hp regen per tick in battle or not is ok than before that the supposedly 200 is reduced to 100 cause you on battle mode :)

wait im not following, secret reserves also takes the life regen frpm battle mod to normal mod?

Normally, 180regen=90in battle mod x10 it heals 900. Is it 180x10?

One time I fought a bd, before he died my secret reserve active and he still has 1k hp. I saw my hp regen 330, after he died become 660 (after update to new system). And then I try to do it again but the result is different. My hp regen still 330 even he/she died a.k.a normal mode. That's why I said the secret reserve has bug. Edited by Lukazzz

No they probably changed the mechanics thinking that it was a good idea smh. Secret Reseves' heal effect is not normal HP regeneration; it crits, normal HP regen doesn't. It also ticks faster than normal HP regen as far as I noticed. Also if you look closer in Arena fights or in dungeon, it counts as a heal in the statistics after a fight/run. Like normal healer's heal, and not normal health regeneration. So it is basically a healing skill, the power of which depends on character's HP regen.

Mind pala can heal while root the enemy, esp if pala has high mdmg and sun seal. Elie could heal 1800 crit!

Don't even get me started...

Dks sacrifice their main memo (stuns and vamp) making a reserve build....

Mind you my cousin pile made a complete reserve build and it's a poor man's substitute for life steal

Unreliable 2minute cd Regen is not op

Especially when you sacrifice all stuns (ruin PvP) AND when you sacrifice vamp/hurricane (ruin PvE)

Those numbers you see aren't even the slightest broken...and mind you I'm not defending this build because I put time into it....the skill overall gives dks another substitute for life steal don't talk about needs because you think it requires so...even when the large populous honestly doesn't care about this skill.

Btw call crits 2k when ferro hammer used... that's before the stun and foj...calling stupid skills that help the weak amps PvE op and holding mini nukes..stfu