[2012.04.02] Under development: Mage - Whisperer of Fire and Ice

Kuzmitch

Dear players!

We continue to give you more information about new classes, which are waiting for you in Warspear Online 3.0 update. Let's meet the Mage!

Опубликованное фото

Introduction

One day in the glorious city Oltgard lived a young man. His name was Cornelius. Since childhood, he showed considerable ability to magic. Parents, without thinking twice,  decided to give him to the Magic Academy,  as Hagard was pleased to endow Cornelius with a talent.

On the first day of training at the Academy gray-haired archmage had spoken in front of young neophytes. "And the last thing you should remember," he said at the end, "you are free to enjoy all the books from the library of the Academy, but reading one of them is forbidden for you. This book will instantly destroy your fragile mind, therefore, no one but me, do not know its place of storage".

Words of the Archmage have raised seeds of doubt in the soul of Cornelius. After all, he thought it would be great to comprehend the wisdom of the Chosen Academy - so why is the one who called this wisdom to share, wants to hide? On that day the young man swore that he would find the forbidden book.

From that day on, he spent much time in the library, studying thick and dusty tomes. On the pages of manuscripts he was looking for at least some information about the forbidden book - but to no avail. Continual reading of a time-consuming, and teachers were dissatisfied with the neophyte, who often missed classes. Gray-haired archmage frowned, watching the boy.

Then Cornelius decided that the answer should be sought not in the books - he has read them all! The manuscript probably lies in some hidden place - so he thought. The young man began to explore the Academy. He spent many months on it, because the structure that exists outside of time and space, created with the help of magic was truly overwhelming. Cornelius finally learned all the recess, walked around the crypts and cellars, rose to the top of the towers. Teachers just shake their heads disapprovingly when a careless student, and a gray-haired archmage frowning more and more.

Cornelius eventually realized that the secret book is hidden smarter than he thought before. And then he decided to weave a spell that will help to find the coveted tome. During training Cornelius understood the plan of the Academy better than any other student, and as no one else, remember the contents of the magic treatises. The desire to possess a forbidden book adds to his confidence, and Cornelius days and nights spent on the creation of a secret incantation. Comrades, occasionally drop in on him, just shrugged. Gray-haired archmage, watching the young wizard was darker than clouds.

At last came the hour when the spell was completed by Cornelius. Having uttered the last word of magic formula, a young magician fainted - so powerful spell was created. Recovering, Cornelius saw a thin school notebook lying on the table. Opened it, he began to read. In this notebook converts the past centuries have described their search for forbidden books. Find that it can be only achieved excellence in magical sciences. Finding a book neophytes hid it again, and so time and time again. Only at the end, they realized that all this time looking for is not a book, and perfection of skills and knowledge. And each of them become a new archmage.

When Cornelius have finished reading, he realized that in the room is someone else. He saw a gray-haired archmage. He is no longer frowned - his face lit up a smile. Cornelius with a shame gave a book to the old man. But Archmage did not accept it. "Leave the book," - he said - "because now it is your turn to write one more story in it. You'll go far, the future Archmage! ".

The mechanics of the fight

Magic Academy of the Chosen is ready to open the its doors for you. Will soon begin a new era in education for young mages and fairies. In the meantime, let me tell you a little about what knowledge is available.

Mage is a class of damage dealing from a distance with the help of a magic staff or by using powerful spells. For the manner of playing as a mage is perfect the tactics of "hit-and-run", which is achieved by skillful use of all available skills. Here's one example: the rapid movement to the enemy - causing damage, causing more damage then the mage can repel all enemies and tie them to the ground by invisible chains, and at this moment, it's time to step aside and wait a little for abilities cooldown. In the meantime, you can treat an enemy with a couple of fireballs, hidden in the dazzling sun armor.

Basically, when playing a mage you must constantly make risky choices. After using of all abilities, the magician produces a high enough damage, but that it was the maximum, you need to be closer to the enemy. This situation creates an interesting dynamic of fights. What to do? Apply a little damage, and remain at a safe distance, or in spite of the danger close to the enemy to kill? Use the teleportation to damage or to escape from persecution of enemies? This is the right choice worthy of a real hero!

Skills description

Spirituality (passive skill of the Chosen): The balance of mind and body allowed the Chosen to increase the maximum amount of energy and protection against attacks based on the strength of the magic of the moon.

Fireball: throws a small ball of fire at the target. Deals damage to one enemy with magic.

The Time Warp: Move to a specified point in one location. Deals the magic damage to all enemies in a small area.

Solar Armor: Creates a barrier around his body, which helps to better defend against magic attacks.

Rock pieces: Uprooting of stone fragments and causes of damage to all enemies around him in a small radius.

Illusory chains: Repels all enemies around him in a small radius. Thrown opponent is bound with illusory chains and can not move for some time.

looks OP.

Rock pieces vs earthquake vs root: looks the rock pieces is the best, it gives extra damage to all enemy and block them

all mage's skills are better than shaman and druid skills, u can compare it. i think its not fair

Very intresting.. Wow too many damage skills. Far far more better than shaman. i like it.. I do agree now every update sentinels get some more benefit than the legions. (LOng bow of abyss zealot... In dormant stage,whereas sentinels will enjoy using pollaxe of abyss.... sigh!!)

WTF! This mage has 3 skills to avoid enemy that makes easy running:

Time warp (moving)

Rock pieces (stopping) and

Illusory chains (stunning) lol

This mage will become the best runner after druid and shaman.

Illusory chains: Repels all enemies around him in a small radius. Thrown opponent is bound with illusory chains and can not move for some time.

this skill looks epic,

He has many AoE skills, Imagine 10 mages in war with 100 deathknights  :wacko:  Hope the AoE skills aren't too strong , he doesn't even need to move allot when kiting, Illusory Chains -> Fireball -> Blink -> Rock Pieces -> Fireball = Epic kiter  :mega_shok:  Well DK can counter a Mage easily  ;D

Mages can't heal themselves.......  :spiteful: :spiteful: :spiteful: They are just a damage dealer not supporter type :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Mages is healing support but now deal powerfull famage with fireball?? wow that look same shaman+druid but i think so perfect. just 3 week more for all new heroes relace. :clapping:

i like damage dealer, cuz when im using shaman i always use damage sets for arena, healing is not much giving effect since there is some disable skills. So i should migrate to be a mage , bye bye shaman

attk only type, skills sounds very cool, is the dawn of magic. about time  :shout:

Wew,3 Aoe skills perfect for kiters. :shok:

Seems like..

DK & PALY = Melee / Tanker

WARLOCK & MAGE = DD

NECRO & PRIEST = Healers

Good job aigrind team...  :clapping:

nice, hmm.. maybe i'll be consider to play mage...

But let me see until all the introduction completed

lol why are u guys crying? Imho mage is gonna suck hard!

1. Aoe spell always deal less effects cz of obvious reasons.. So the rock thing is just gna be a mosquito bite to multiple enemies i guess.

2. Teleport dnt expect it to be more than 2 blocks like charge.

3. Mage have low defense, and no heal, so vulnerable to rangers, druids, shamans.

They are just gna be war machines when fighting in a crowd with paladins..

My opinion.

The skill are quite cool though. We dont know their effectiveness so cant comment much. I hope afteq v3 they deal with sms issue, balance, rework the existing skills to make them 'cool' too. And increase the effectiveness of taunt, agression.

Question-

For mage damage dealt is dependant on distance?

Okay.. 3 more classes to go.. After that update and then lets waste more money.. Dont forget fix sms payment in indonesia.. ;D

Whisperer of fire and ice but only one skill related to fire and none related to ice.

Fireball: throws a small ball of fire at the target. Deals damage to one enemy with magic.

Solar Armour: Creates a barrier around his body, which helps to better defend against magic attacks.

Read again.. :tease:

HOT & COOL  :lol: :rofl:

:shok: sorry mountain players, i decided become a traitor and start in choosen for doomed rogues with my OP MAGE  :facepalm:

No is a joke i abandoned mc  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

[move] EPIC FAIL [/move]

WARLOCK OP?    ::)  balanced classes

nice. I will be mage mc and dark killer. Hahaha. Waiting to kick some loosers asses. 3 attack skills more dead loosers. Mage + paladin + priest = immortals killers. hahaha