Filter censoring "her"

Mecha

I dont know if "her" is a profanity in any other language or not, but it is being censored and that might cause some problems for those that speak English.

filter off:

Screenshot_2015-03-24-06-21-50-1.jpg

filter on:

Screenshot_2015-03-24-06-21-57-1.jpg

but I guess for now everyone can just turn the filter off. All it does is let you censor youself, as explained here:

http://forum.warspear-online.com/index.php/topic/43392-reverse-filter/

Edited by ☬๓ęçђą ↯ şąเұąŋ☬

I like to write with mix both, russian+english keyboard, well I can use russian e, a, or c, and then other letters from english keyboard so idc abt filter :DDd

Edited by Xmasteer

I wouldn't be surprised if her means whore in some slavic language. 

That, or devs are patriarchal misogynists and need to check their privilege.

Perhaps devs should make a separation between english speaking servers and the other servers which words are inappropriate nor profanities.

Her in english isn't a profanity, while in russian yes. So the devs must censor 'her' in ru servers, but don't censor 'her' in us and eu servers for example.

Edited by Hye Rin

Well i found some more words that are censored, these i know about so far:  her, ebal, ueb, hue, all censored. So for example words like Fireball, Blueberry....etc. come out messed up.

Agreed with Rin, if those words are bad in russian, it should be filtered on russian servers only because it really messing up with english speakers.

Well, it's just the Russian language ruining it for us all.

You can also turn the profanity filter off and don't cry about it anymore.

Well, it's just the Russian language ruining it for us all.

You can also turn the profanity filter off and don't cry about it anymore.

Whats the point of profanity filter then? If its supposed to be for all players then it should be adjusted so, or removed completely.

Whats the point of profanity filter then? If its supposed to be for all players then it should be adjusted so, or removed completely.

I don't know, it was a suggestion some while ago. In my opinion it's useless because there is an option to turn it off.

If you add it, then atleast don't create an option to turn it off.

I don't know, it was a suggestion some while ago. In my opinion it's useless because there is an option to turn it off.

If you add it, then atleast don't create an option to turn it off.

I absolutely agree on that point, if added then shouldnt be able to be turned off.

Lol its useless

Its not, like sulla said on another topic. There is kids here, 7,8,9 yos... who arent supposed to know some words, and definitely arent supposed to learn them in a game, so yeah it does have a need. 

But ofc the need is put aside when you get this, russian words which are normal in english, are censored on english speaking servers, and you can turn it off. Its too buggy still, but imo when fixed they should make it permanent, cant switch off

Its not, like sulla said on another topic. There is kids here, 7,8,9 yos... who arent supposed to know some words, and definitely arent supposed to learn them in a game, so yeah it does have a need. 

I'm 14. May I see those words?

I wouldn't be surprised if her means whore in some slavic language.

That, or devs are patriarchal misogynists and need to check their privilege.

My f'ing sides

Edited by Despair

Well i found some more words that are censored, these i know about so far:  her, ebal, ueb, hue, all censored. So for example words like Fireball, Blueberry....etc. come out messed up.

Agreed with Rin, if those words are bad in russian, it should be filtered on russian servers only because it really messing up with english speakers.

>hue is censored

Why live.