PvP as Pala

MCocktail

I like areas like taverns, or pvpcave, they are awesome.

But how can i pvp there with a pala? Palas AoE skills are either uncontrollable stunning every possible foe or the area is too big, and with the banner nerf, banner deals no damage on my actual one i am pvping...

And if i sometimes have to deal with butthurt idiots who think i am ganking with foj and banner...

Overall its difficult to go there as pala, especially (like me) who rely on their banner...

Have you got any tips?

the trick is to know your banners range of effect. simply placing the banner on top of your opponent will hit everyone around him, but place the banner... say... 4 spaces to the left of him. it will just barely put him in the banners area, an example being lets say your in pvp cave and fighting someone. well move all the way to the end of the cave, THEN step 4-5 spaces towards the left (so youre not at the end) then when pvp starts, place your banner at the furthest point to the end of the cave, it will just barely be in your opponents range and will hit him and most likely wont be hitting as many people as placing the banner next to you/ on top of your opponent.

its annoying i agree, but what i find most annoying is when people consider using "aura" as a signal, and they jump you. aura costs ALOT of mana to use, and it also makes your character unable to act for a split second or two, when i find someone wanting to pvp me, i step a few steps away and aura, then step back towards him and use taunt (by the time i taunt, my mana would of been back to full from using aura)

the trick is to know your banners range of effect. simply placing the banner on top of your opponent will hit everyone around him, but place the banner... say... 4 spaces to the left of him. it will just barely put him in the banners area, an example being lets say your in pvp cave and fighting someone. well move all the way to the end of the cave, THEN step 4-5 spaces towards the left (so youre not at the end) then when pvp starts, place your banner at the furthest point to the end of the cave, it will just barely be in your opponents range and will hit him and most likely wont be hitting as many people as placing the banner next to you/ on top of your opponent.

its annoying i agree, but what i find most annoying is when people consider using "aura" as a signal, and they jump you. aura costs ALOT of mana to use, and it also makes your character unable to act for a split second or two, when i find someone wanting to pvp me, i step a few steps away and aura, then step back towards him and use taunt (by the time i taunt, my mana would of been back to full from using aura)

But then they just walk out of the banner range....... .-.

I didnt know aura costs that much... I have high mana regen, and i use hcall as signal too xD

But then they just walk out of the banner range....... .-.

I didnt know aura costs that much... I have high mana regen, and i use hcall as signal too xD

lv5 fetters is always the way to go, combined with purifying to slow him down with the tick damage if used during fetters, and of course be facing the direction hed want to run to. myself i have banner at lv1 which deals 3 attacks, and sun seal lv4. sun seal lv4 lasts for 40 seconds, and makes every attack you deal heal yourself. when banner was nerfed that wasnt always the best skill to max imo...

i've been thinking of maxing my hcall skill to see its effects on wars and such, if anyone has done this then i'd like to know how its going.

lv5 fetters is always the way to go, combined with purifying to slow him down with the tick damage if used during fetters, and of course be facing the direction hed want to run to. myself i have banner at lv1 which deals 3 attacks, and sun seal lv4. sun seal lv4 lasts for 40 seconds, and makes every attack you deal heal yourself. when banner was nerfed that wasnt always the best skill to max imo...

Wow and whats the percentage of life steal? pretty interesting

i've been thinking of maxing my hcall skill to see its effects on wars and such, if anyone has done this then i'd like to know how its going.

Wow and whats the percentage of life steal? pretty interesting

the more damage you do the more you heal, im not sure how much it heals but if u want i could go give some numbers out

i dont have money for any expert skills so i dont got the new banner =/

the more damage you do the more you heal, im not sure how much it heals but if u want i could go give some numbers out

Yeah cool, so far i haven't really heard much 4/4 info about any other pala skills except for banner

alright, im low damage so keep in mind the numbers im about to post will be much larger if you have a decent weapon.

be aware since this skill is damage based (physical AND magical), its best to not use a 1h weapon with this skill set 

i heal 203 everytime i get a crit using purifying (which deals 1203 damage) im guessing the 1203 and 203 are related

regular purifying does 603 damage, and i heal 107 every hit

a critical hit on a normal attack i heal 120 with an attack that deals 751

my normal attack deals 395 and i heal 63 every hit

some of these may sound low, but keep in mind im only a +7 weapon and the heal effect lasts for 40 seconds (and the cooldown is 30 seconds, so essentially you will always be healing with every attack you make)

also, nobody knows this, but sun seal has a hidden attribute not mentioned in the skill description

if an enemy monster or player is affected by sun seal, EVERY player that attacks that said opponent will be healed with every hit they make, even if youre not in the paladins party 

EDIT: i did some testing and my original numbers were not correct (i was going off of news & announcements patch notes, which look to not be true)

sun seal level 4 lasts for 25 seconds total, and the cooldown is 30 seconds. so essentially, if youre in combat for a minute, 50 seconds of those 60 seconds you will be healed for every attack you make

Edited by ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

alright, im low damage so keep in mind the numbers im about to post will be much larger if you have a decent weapon.

be aware since this skill is damage based (physical AND magical), its best to not use a 1h weapon with this skill set 

i heal 203 everytime i get a crit using purifying (which deals 1203 damage) im guessing the 1203 and 203 are related

regular purifying does 603 damage, and i heal 107 every hit

a critical hit on a normal attack i heal 120 with an attack that deals 751

my normal attack deals 395 and i heal 63 every hit

some of these may sound low, but keep in mind im only a +7 weapon and the heal effect lasts for 40 seconds (and the cooldown is 30 seconds, so essentially you will always be healing with every attack you make)

also, nobody knows this, but sun seal has a hidden attribute not mentioned in the skill description

if an enemy monster or player is affected by sun seal, EVERY player that attacks that said opponent will be healed with every hit they make, even if youre not in the paladins party 

EDIT: i did some testing and my original numbers were not correct (i was going off of news & announcements patch notes, which look to not be true)

sun seal level 4 lasts for 25 seconds total, and the cooldown is 30 seconds. so essentially, if youre in combat for a minute, 50 seconds of those 60 seconds you will be healed for every attack you make

:shok:

wtf O_o Wow,  This sounds like the ultimate pala pvp expert skill. A +8 - 10 pala would rek

Edited by Jigsaw-PZ

imagine this, in a pvp you sun seal (and lets say youre half health)

then you quickly do your burst skills

fetters, banner, purify, + 2 normal attacks

youd easily be back to full health while your opponent is still stunend by fetters AND you still have your heal skill to use (myself i heal 460 at lv3)

Edited by ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't face that problem so much.. Like what swaaz said, I place the banner where it hits the least number of players, or simply, you stand in an empty area (if found) so when someone wants to pvp, he comes to you.

But, Idk if we really should take sun seal to max, because, you loose 3 more banner hits and 20% buff, it is more useful in dung or arena even in pvp where no dmg split.

How much dmg u do btw in 4/4 seal?

• 2 weeks later...

i think the other pvp area above nadir is a good place on using the banner . But lesser enemies going there.   ::)

• 3 months later...

I agree, PVP with a Paladin can be tricky, Can't use most of your skills if the cave is over-crowded, or you will have a gang of cry babies attack you. Maybe we (paladins) need our own PVP cave!

naaa I personally don't need that all anymore.. The full "unsplitted" banner.. I sacrifice it for cycling stuns with shield combos, works good for me. However, against high amps and keep it for last dmg tick and then use call.

• 1 month later...

I was at the pvp cave with my arena pala, and used my

stun a few times, managed to hit more ppl with it,

but nobody did something about it, guess they saw

that I was fighting just one person, and a lvl14 pala

can hardly be a ganker :P

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sun seal is decent but as for PvP.. It depends on who you fighting. Yes the life steal is nice but do you think kite player gonna let you hit them to regain your life?.. Already tested max seal against locks and shamans. I could be wrong but still pala is for pve or teamwork PvP.

Sun seal is decent but as for PvP.. It depends on who you fighting. Yes the life steal is nice but do you think kite player gonna let you hit them to regain your life?.. Already tested max seal against locks and shamans. I could be wrong but still pala is for pve or teamwork PvP.

• 4 weeks later...

Thx for the Tops. Im lvl 14 pala amd Dont have expert skills,but the Rest of this cinversatin Was very useful for me :) thx

No offense, but im happy those skills were nerfed. I see nowadays palas just lvling up banner and trapping, and they are supposed to just stand near banner and win the enemy? Nah

No offense, but im happy those skills were nerfed. I see nowadays palas just lvling up banner and trapping, and they are supposed to just stand near banner and win the enemy? Nah

Banner is our best expert skill and the only one that's more reliable. They latest skill shield still need to be improved. But luckily banner and sun seal was nerfed. Banner is our win for PvP. Harad is another one but we pala hate it since it's a combo skill but still we use it just for stun.

Banner is our best expert skill and the only one that's more reliable. They latest skill shield still need to be improved. But luckily banner and sun seal was nerfed. Banner is our win for PvP. Harad is another one but we pala hate it since it's a combo skill but still we use it just for stun.

From now on, i hope you bds and palas start worshipping devs. Maybe you haven´t noticed it, but devs made 2 classes with the abilty to win other players just with 1 or 2 skills. How surprisingly, both elf classes: bds with counter and palas with banner. Activate it and you automatically win your enemy. You don´t need a combination of skills as rest classes. And if bds or palas lose (considering some lvl of amplification) it is because they are completely useless players unable to use skills wisely.

Edited by Jarlaxxle

From now on, i hope you bds and palas start worshipping devs. Maybe you haven´t noticed it, but devs made 2 classes with the abilty to win other players just with 1 or 2 skills. How surprisingly, both elf classes: bds with counter and palas with banner. Activate it and you automatically win your enemy. You don´t need a combination of skills as rest classes. And if bds or palas lose (considering some lvl of amplification) it is because they are completely useless players unable to use skills wisely.

It totally depends on your weapon and skill build on Paladin

It totally depends on your weapon and skill build on Paladin

Well, few days ago i saw in elf side some palas laughing at elf chat in relation to how OP they would be. Using ferocity crystals, a pala with high magic kills u with trap + banner. It is totally true. Same as bds with counter 4/4. Some weeks ago i pvped mrskrillex and he didnt hit me anytime. I used all my skills combo in 3 secs and counter just killed me.

Now try to look any other class that is able to kill u without hitting you or just using 1-2 skills.

Edited by Jarlaxxle

Funny... Shamans use a lot of skill to put their totems on the ground and spam Blind, huh? Also Banner is easily counterable if you go out of it's radius or simply make it split if you are with a bunch of people, not like 100% guaranteed dodge skill, and ability to get high dodge that greatly overcomes accuracy. Or endlessly cycle-able Counterattack, or almost endless stunning cycles for Warlocks. Every class has a disable skill that makes it easy to go out, so don't complain about its radius.

Also let's be real, there is nothing in the game called as "combination of skills", every class has one combo that's used in most PvP situations, and everyone, even the noobs, memorized that order of skills and can use it. Necro: Nightmare > Fear > Mental Pit > Repeat. Warlock: Fear > Hex > Circles > enemy silenced > Repeat. Druid: Root > Water Power + Bolt combo > Sleep > Repeat. I can list them all if you want, but I guess you got my point, that I don't see any "skill" in memorizing the order of spamming skills.

Hypocritical how you complain about Paladin's Banner and you don't say anything about Totems although it deals way more damage and it is on 1 target and cannot be split, I think just because it's an Elf character, and you are MC. You might think that Totem is counterable, well, not for melees, it is most of the times disadvantageous to run from a caster, while he is dealing damage to you and healing himself at the same time.

Funny... Shamans use a lot of skill to put their totems on the ground and spam Blind, huh? Also Banner is easily counterable if you go out of it's radius or simply make it split if you are with a bunch of people, not like 100% guaranteed dodge skill, and ability to get high dodge that greatly overcomes accuracy. Or endlessly cycle-able Counterattack, or almost endless stunning cycles for Warlocks. Every class has a disable skill that makes it easy to go out, so don't complain about its radius.

Also let's be real, there is nothing in the game called as "combination of skills", every class has one combo that's used in most PvP situations, and everyone, even the noobs, memorized that order of skills and can use it. Necro: Nightmare > Fear > Mental Pit > Repeat. Warlock: Fear > Hex > Circles > enemy silenced > Repeat. Druid: Root > Water Power + Bolt combo > Sleep > Repeat. I can list them all if you want, but I guess you got my point, that I don't see any "skill" in memorizing the order of spamming skills.

Hypocritical how you complain about Paladin's Banner and you don't say anything about Totems although it deals way more damage and it is on 1 target and cannot be split, I think just because it's an Elf character, and you are MC. You might think that Totem is counterable, well, not for melees, it is most of the times disadvantageous to run from a caster, while he is dealing damage to you and healing himself at the same time.

My opinion is based on how i deal with enemies in pvp. I haven´t faced any shaman yet that kills me just with totem. Any shaman that wins me always need to blind,quake, heal, using fire totem and healing totem. However, i have lost to palas in few seconds just because they trapped me and used totem.

And maybe you didn´t notice it, but  necro, locks and druid need a beautiful stat called Cooldown Reduction. In order to kite, you need to have CD gear. For example,artamiel is one of the few druids i know that can kite me 100%. The same happens with locks and necros. If they don´t have enough CD to kite, you can beat them.

But do palas or bds need a specific stat? Nope. Just use 4/4 on banner and counter, and it is easy peasy to win. And i repeat again, i count with a certain lvl of amplification. Of course a +1 pala is not going to kill me with banner.

You can try, but you can´t face reality.

Look for any other class that just uswing 1 exper 4/4 owns you. Then, you tell me :)

PD: This topic is about how to pvp with pala. Im saying how to do it, get 4/4 on banner and use it with trap and enemy is dead. That is why you should be so grateful with devs, even worship them.

Edited by Jarlaxxle

My opinion is based on how i deal with enemies in pvp. I haven´t faced any shaman yet that kills me just with totem. Any shaman that wins me always need to blind,quake, heal, using fire totem and healing totem. However, i have lost to palas in few seconds just because they trapped me and used totem.

And maybe you didn´t notice it, but  necro, locks and druid need a beautiful stat called Cooldown Reduction. In order to kite, you need to have CD gear. For example,artamiel is one of the few druids i know that can kite me 100%. The same happens with locks and necros. If they don´t have enough CD to kite, you can beat them.

But do palas or bds need a specific stat? Nope. Just use 4/4 on banner and counter, and it is easy peasy to win. And i repeat again, i count with a certain lvl of amplification. Of course a +1 pala is not going to kill me with banner.

You can try, but you can´t face reality.

Look for any other class that just uswing 1 exper 4/4 owns you. Then, you tell me :)

PD: This topic is about how to pvp with pala. Im saying how to do it, get 4/4 on banner and use it with trap and enemy is dead. That is why you should be so grateful with devs, even worship them.

Well, Paladin needs to sacrifice Physical damage to get Magic so the Banner can be that effective. So basically a CD using caster is allowed to be uncounterable but a magic using Paladin needs to be weak shit?  Cooldown ruined PvP just as bad as life steal.

1 skill or 2 or 10, let's judge the class overall, if you want Banner and Fetter to get nerfed, then Paladin would be useless. You remember that they are the only good skills for Pala. So basically they can't be nerfed, you just need to learn how to counter them.

What what if I told you there is another way to pvp as a Pala other than Banner?

Well, Paladin needs to sacrifice Physical damage to get Magic so the Banner can be that effective. So basically a CD using caster is allowed to be uncounterable but a magic using Paladin needs to be weak shit?  Cooldown ruined PvP just as bad as life steal.

1 skill or 2 or 10, let's judge the class overall, if you want Banner and Fetter to get nerfed, then Paladin would be useless. You remember that they are the only good skills for Pala. So basically they can't be nerfed, you just need to learn how to counter them.

What what if I told you there is another way to pvp as a Pala other than Banner?

Well, you don´t need necessarily to sacrifice physical damage to get magic damage. If I m not wrong, ferocity stat increases physical and magic damage,so with that stat you win both damages. Simply OP. In addition,there are weapons with both phys and magic damage, if i m not wrong too. At least i saw some of them in dks.

And once a a pala casts banner and traps you, there is no way to avoid it. You say your banner is your best skill right? Would you consider then that best rogue skill is stealth? How would you feel then knowing that most classes can remove stealth skill now?

Im just saying that you are lucky to be an elf, because devs always favor elf side, and more specifically, you are in the pala/bd group, meaning those classes that just by clicking 1 or 2 skills are able to win in pvp to other class. That must make you feel so good... damn!

So if you are blessed whith such easy way to win enemies... why do you want to try other ways to pvp? I don´t understand it  :crazy:

I m sorry, but if rogue stealth skill allowed us to kill enemies in 2 hits, i wouldn´t look for a different way to pvp.

Edited by Jarlaxxle

Well, you don´t need necessarily to sacrifice physical damage to get magic damage. If I m not wrong, ferocity stat increases physical and magic damage,so with that stat you win both damages. Simply OP. In addition,there are weapons with both phys and magic damage, if i m not wrong too. At least i saw some of them in dks.

And once a a pala casts banner and traps you, there is no way to avoid it. You say your banner is your best skill right? Would you consider then that best rogue skill is stealth? How would you feel then knowing that most classes can remove stealth skill now?

Im just saying that you are lucky to be an elf, because devs always favor elf side, and more specifically, you are in the pala/bd group, meaning those classes that just by clicking 1 or 2 skills are able to win in pvp to other class. That must make you feel so good... damn!

So if you are blessed whith such easy way to win enemies... why do you want to try other ways to pvp? I don´t understand it  :crazy:

I m sorry, but if rogue stealth skill allowed us to kill enemies in 2 hits, i wouldn´t look for a different way to pvp.

Ferocity needs nerf anyway, it is making everyone too strong.

And that Banner that "kills in 3 seconds" you were talking about requires around 450-500 magic, which would leave only around 300 pdmg, and it still doesn't kill in 3 seconds as you said, because each Banner tick takes 2 seconds, and if the opponent left Banner radius after Fetter ends(which lasts only 3-4 seconds at 5/5), Paladin would be left naked with 300 pdmg, so it would take forever to finish off the opponent.

And Stealth is not the best skill for Rogues, I know Rogues that can win without needing to stealth, they simply max out dodge and there is no way to avoid losing that much damage, I mean how much is max accuracy? Even if I get 30% accuracy which is crazy, I would still miss a lot against 40%+ dodges + Kick in the Back that makes 0% accuracy. But I wouldn't like to wear Killing Whisper against Rogues.

So by your logic, it's ok to be OP if you use more than 2 skills, but not, if you use only 1 or 2. That doesn't make any sense.

Edited by Gladiator

Ferocity needs nerf anyway, it is making everyone too strong.

And that Banner that "kills in 3 seconds" you were talking about requires around 450-500 magic, which would leave only around 300 pdmg, and it still doesn't kill in 3 seconds as you said, because each Banner tick takes 2 seconds, and if the opponent left Banner radius after Fetter ends(which lasts only 3-4 seconds at 5/5), Paladin would be left naked with 300 pdmg, so it would take forever to finish off the opponent.

And Stealth is not the best skill for Rogues, I know Rogues that can win without needing to stealth, they simply max out dodge and there is no way to avoid losing that much damage, I mean how much is max accuracy? Even if I get 30% accuracy which is crazy, I would still miss a lot against 40%+ dodges + Kick in the Back that makes 0% accuracy. But I wouldn't like to wear Killing Whisper against Rogues.

So by your logic, it's ok to be OP if you use more than 2 skills, but not, if you use only 1 or 2. That doesn't make any sense.

As i said before, i have pvped palas, and its hard to leave banner radius because it is quite large. Killing in 3 secs its a metaphor, but it is true that if you trap and use banner,large radius and pala regular hits avoid me from running away. Definitely, i receive every hit from banner. You claim that rogues can use dodge, i agree with you, but to what extent? I have tried dodge build (dodge 5 levels, kick 5 levels). This build make you useless to face any caster class. Dodge does not make you avoid magical skills such as roots or sleep. However, your banner affects in the such great way to both melees and casters. In addition, bds now can become better dodge players than rogues, getting similar dodge amount but with much more dmg/armor and skills.

Most classes need to use many skills to win. For example, rogues need to use stealth, strike, poison, jump, dodge, etc. Shamans need to use quake, blind, heal, armor, fire totem or heal totem. The more skills you have to use, the most difficult it is to become a pro skilled player. On the other hand, if you just need to activate counter to win or trap+banner to win, where is the difficulty at?

I just say if we rogues were as lucky as you, being able to win pvps just using 2 or 3 skills one time, i would be damn grateful  :clapping: