Battery drain issue

Smurfer

Not sure if anyone mentioned it previously or is it only me having such a problem but:

- playing THD tegra games + normal tablet usage = battery lasts around 10 hrs

- playing WS for less than 2 hrs = tablet overheated and battery dead

tested on Acer Iconia A500 tab and HTC hero phone, same outcome

(however I was not taking it seriously on the HTC as it`s an older machine, but Iconia is brand new and doesn`t have such a problem with other applications/games)

Would it be possiblle to look on that energy consumption on android? Anyone else having similar issues?

I started WS on my Nokia E75. I did notice the battery drain issue back then. I did some research and figured that the phone's connection to a Wifi causes the battery to drain. So, I reduced the battery consumption level in the advanced settings of my phone...

You might want to see if that's the issue...

Now I just play it on my laptop because my hands are much faster on a  :pleasantry: keyboard :pleasantry:  than a  :pleasantry: keypad :pleasantry: ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey Kuz,

no, I have WiFi constantly on and use Cloud services as well (which could be also perceived as a constant wifi connection usage although probably less than WS) and even Star Legends which seems to have bigger data flow requirements than the cloud desktop or WS does not drain battery that much.. I try to do some comparing later on when I get time to show the usage/battery status statistics.

P.S. It is common sense that Wifi/3G has a large battery consumption, just the ratio seems to be bigger when it comes to WS, thus I wanted to ask if anyone ran into similar finding.

Same problem.  HTC evo 3d.  I can play order and chaos (another real time 3d mmo) which requires a constant connection with less drain than WS.  I have to plug in to play ws for long periods of time. 

hmmm  nokia 5800  battery consumption playing warspear still good, their a little problem about using land scape mode.  maybe they need to fix graphics.  try to do sell in shop, then you will see the arrow lefth to right nearly hideing on the screen, thanks....

Battery drain, maybe you play with sounds and on its max volume, higher volume of sound increase energy  consumpiton and  based on my expirience , better play without sound haha

I have no problem about this issue. My E63 battery last until 5-6 hours while using EDGE Connection (Non-Stop), and when I Use 3G it last about 3-4 hours (Non-Stop also). But when I use my Nokia 5233 it consumed the battery 'til death in less than 2 hours (Overheated). That's it. What's the problem then with Nokia 5233?

As Kuzmitch said 3G and Wi-fi eats a lot of battery. I don't have such problem on my nokia 5800 after changing my properties and more.

So I have some suggestions for symbian users:

- Get brightness to the lowest

- Change your theme to the basic one. For example I have Sound waves.

These worked fine on my phone I don't know about others.

It is true that 3G or Wi-Fi eats a lot of battery but when i use other applications or games who uses 3G or Wi-Fi my battery doesen get that hot and lasts much longer, and one more thing on new smartphones or tablets the biggest consumer of battery isnt 3G or Wi-Fi its their screen.