PEW PEW PEW Ranger build?

MCocktail

Would it be a good build to get a bow (normal bow), armor with dexterity, FULL dexterity enchants?

Enchants:

Cloak:       Helmet:        Amulet:

Crit/Heal    Accu/MDef  Accu/HP

Bow:          Armor:        [no slot]

Dmg/Dge   Dex/Resil

[cool          Belt:            Glove:

costume]   Crit/Resil     Dex/Def

Ring:         Boots          Ring:

Mana/Dge Dex/Resil    Mana(Or pne)/Dge

Those items then would be(lvl18)

Cloak: AZ Cape (mdef&dex&dge)

Amulet: Medallion of Inward Power

1. Ring AZ Ring (Accu and Dodge, Energy)

2. Ring AZ Ring (HP regen and Dodge, Energy) or same as 1st ring

Helmet: KW Mask or DW Galerus(if broke)

Armor: Arena (Resil Important)

Belt: SP Belt (DEX :*)

Glove: DW Glove, or Arena (lvl17 newb gloves offensive, Arena Defensive)

Boots: KW Boot, SP Mocassin(if broke)

Hm. The bow. I am thinking about doom bow, but arena bow will sure do it. (cheaper <_<)

(why 1 def ench and 1mdef? Well, i def is sure common sense <_< but there is an uprising of magic classes, locks and mages. I might get 2 helmets and 2 gloves to quickly decide which type of def is needed)

Is this a good build? I chose/thought of this build because it's calling as many blessing procs as possible, and its pretty effective for kiting.

And a bow that shoots fast af... isnt that nice? Machinegun bow :*

Are there any cons, and what are the weaknesses of this build?

Edit: Helmet also Sated trolls mask. Low lvl but stats are ok and you gonna troll everyone ;)

The code for the ws calculator at http://ws-db.ru/calculator:

5+XQiA+nFWpWGNrvphIEY9JUrI2nS3WHg6OAXBDVURIIZc2fwyz23f+YEWBxtFr4xMIjpuo+EPIg9mWNmTwYak/wgWbdoPxbx9sjKk9IfTZym+tJNK40fdC+hHuucInI/qRSNaMHq3wVwTwx8Bt5rNWlnRLYGcOXCx1iBH/mbr+Z1Tln3OWiDztVeqvKvORTMjRm5X15PjJVIryK+lRLHBuRtgphavr+oBROUCDxym4notrDuPADb1huSXJzp3psOiqL1EQ/mLn0xgk4kCOS0Hdbm1JIRoU9/3HIwGVASdYyOSwqxAdtQcQkjDPnC3p66eHclrh8PqXhDpoJvHhga0HNdqb0xTzXQB11bjEvIyDucreaTfPeDka1zZqyaJg5jkE=

The amp lvl is my own recontruction on how many signs, spheres etc i can afford, use and willing to use.

Edited by MCocktail

Use kw body and mask Boots and gloves provo Definetely are or Doom bow. Or use a Cbow arena also one ench on ring should be pene ur more worried about quick One shot then lasting a long time i agree on Decterity Cape should be lv20 Cloak of fear Amulet ice ammy rings something with lifesteal And acc

Well it gives tons of accuracy and crit, which is kinda a lack in this build. So i decided to bring kw in.

Use kw body and mask Boots and gloves provo Definetely are or Doom bow. Or use a Cbow arena also one ench on ring should be pene ur more worried about quick One shot then lasting a long time i agree on Decterity Cape should be lv20 Cloak of fear Amulet ice ammy rings something with lifesteal And acc

I also thought of this, but resilence is somewhat more important than dodge, because this is an arena build. Also, KW body is expensive as shit. (Lets keep the budget for this build at ~50k ok >.>)

Also, this build reason is dps, not nuking. It should be suited for kiting too, and doom bow is quite good :)

Id sure use a common cbow+critnaccu build if i wanted to nuke

Edited by MCocktail

It's also expensive as duck. Don't use it. Use arena gears instead:)

KW isn't that expensive if it isnt the brigatine. (15k for helm and boots are k (i think)), And as i said, i will use other lvl17 "noob" items, with good stats like accu and crit and hp(Desert Wanderers Galerus for 500g? OMG), if i cant get kw. KW is only an option because of the first accu bonus.

I could go full arena also, but i will lack accuracy, if i use it purely, as i am sacrificing 1 crystal slot for dexterity

ranger in arena should have more survivability.better use full arena lvl19set or wait till update gives anything new

This build aims at being carried, protected. A ranger (theorethicly) has to be kept alive because of the high damage. Because the jobs of tanks are to draw their attention, and healers will heal you, you dont really have to care about your own defence. Instead you can stay in the back, and deal the dmg you are supposed to do. Watch Swaaz's vids to see what i mean. He stays in the back all the time, and his defence is not that great, since, he goes 0+

Aiming at having attack speed of 1 hit per sec, it will come to the point where the damage itself becomes not that important, because you are shooting really quick. You know, having 300dmg being (idk maybe 4+), and dealing 230dmg per second, WITH A CHANCE OF CRIT/BLESS EACH 1.7 SECONDS is quite different from having 500dmg (8+) and dealing 230 per second but hitting 1 time in 3 seconds because of your slow attack speed.

Another pro aspect: If you are pvping someone who is melee, he wont have a great time to even walk to you, because a hit immobilizes you a bit. Combine with your skills, power shot, fa, and he cant even get 3 yards freely without getting battered from your hits. Only your hits. You arent even ccing him.

I might have forgot to say that it will be a lvl 18 arena ranger.

Edited by MCocktail

Lol, KW mix is great for lvl18 arena, it has never "sucked", even on high levels, just further trolling or clueless.

Full arena for a "tanky build", but with all the damage people do these days, there is no tanking, for optimal stats two part kw (anything except the boots is viable), + two part arena, that's all you need for lvl18, armour wise.

Doom bow is fine, but arena xbow / Doom xbow is still better, stat's wise, just depends who you fight and if you enjoy the speed, just stay with bow if you want. (xbow is boring for some).

Edited by Sulla

Lol, KW mix is great for lvl18 arena, it has never "sucked", even on high levels, just further trolling or clueless.

Full arena for a "tanky build", but with all the damage people do these days, there is no tanking, for optimal stats two part kw (anything except the boots is viable), + two part arena, that's all you need for lvl18, armour wise.

Exactly :) one boni from kw is enough. The stats of KW without bonus are well aswell. And I would even buy a kw without bonus (lvl17 stuff ;)), because the stats are pretty well. (I use boots cus of attack speed duh)

I care about resilence, but i NEED the other stats. I could just go full arena, enchant resil etc. But then i wouldnt be able to use this build.

im one of the few who think cbow is slow af :blush:

btw id use harads set but.. Where the duck can you get it now??

Edited by MCocktail

im not trolling kid, KW is for casuals, revenge is better. 2 piece revenge + arena set is best for lv18 arena :)

harad isnt that good unless you have lv20CC armor to stack with it, dont bother wanting it i only use it for trolling purposes 

Edited by ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

im not trolling kid, KW is for casuals, revenge is better. 2 piece revenge + arena set is best for lv18 arena :)

harad isnt that good unless you have lv20CC armor to stack with it, dont bother wanting it i only use it for trolling purposes 

Revenge is a downgrade, only good for 1.6-1.7% extra crit, loss in accuracy, loss in all other stats, if you think a tiny little crit bonus is better than:

Hp, defence, pene, accuracy, dodge upgrade.

Revenge is an option for people who can not obtain KW and want something cheaper / easier, KW is the upgrade for lvl18, burning rage after that, pretty obvious if you are able to do the maths..

Keep trolling.

Edited by Sulla

no, you keep trolling

revenge > KW for 2 piece effect

rest arena

KW only good if 4 piece, but 4 piece arena outranks 4 piece KW

2 revenge 2 arena best

1.6% crit bonus vs 5 stats increase (2.4%+ acc with kw) / runes / enchants all higher than revenge, if you choose to be silly and have downgraded gear with lesser stats, that's up to you troll, other people can do the maths and just laugh.

Edited by Sulla

stacking accuracy over crit as a dps class seems legit, one could argue KW is better for rogues, but if youre firing in the back without getting hit its all about dps

the level of the gear never implies its superiority 

Edited by ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

stacking accuracy over crit as a dps class seems legit, one could argue KW is better for rogues, but if youre firing in the back without getting hit its all about dps

the level of the gear never implies its superiority 

No, stats make the gear superior, not sure you even checked them, it's kinda obvious.

Go compare the actual gear first before speaking, every single stat is lower. 

1.6% crit, that's all you get with revenge, which is nothing, with rng someone with 25% crit may crit more than someone with 26%, it's all random.

Making every other single stat worse, with a loss of over 2% acc as a 2 piece, enchants. runes also lower, if you're still silly enough to think a downgraded gear with worse stats is better, debating is pointless,.

Edited by Sulla

This build and most if em are just dumb rangers do not survive unless they hit hard and fast none if this i can tank etc haha learn to use a ranger before working in builds IMO

gettin real sick of your implications of my intelligence, rangers stack crit. go for revenge until lv20. full KW is only good for questing since more health. rangers dont need 2-piece accuracy boost the same as healers dont need it and go for GT 2-piece set stacks

1% less health and accuracy over great boost in crit as a dps is a no brainer, rogues need to take damage face to face, so they need it more than rangers who can CC

do u evn ranger?

gettin real sick of your implications of my intelligence, rangers stack crit. go for revenge until lv20. full KW is only good for questing since more health. rangers dont need 2-piece accuracy boost the same as healers dont need it and go for GT 2-piece set stacks

1% less health and accuracy over great boost in crit as a dps is a no brainer, rogues need to take damage face to face, so they need it more than rangers who can CC

do u evn ranger?

Your words do the implying, it's more than losing 1% less acc or health, you really need to actually go check the gear first, can't keep spoon feeding.

1.6% crit to be exact is all you are getting, not a "great boost", while losing pene too, in some cases you can go pene on gloves (2%+ extra pene) with stable acc = further dps, far better than 1.6% crit,

Good luck critting someone with low acc or high resi, with a 1% extra crit.

Edited by Sulla

keep >implying KW is good for rangers, its hilarious

dat 2-piece accuracy boost OP pls nerf

revenge/2 + CC armor lv20/2 (speed or crit set) is best for RANGERS

i can admit KW is more useful for rogues than rangers, can you?

keep >implying KW is good for rangers, its hilarious

dat 2-piece accuracy boost OP pls nerf

revenge/2 + CC armor lv20/2 (speed or crit set) is best for RANGERS

i can admit KW is more useful for rogues than rangers, can you?

Less HP, less defence, less enchant bonus, less pene, far less accuracy, good luck stacking crit vs high dodge enemies, explains why you are always complaining rangers suck.

The "huge crit gain" = 1.6% crit on lvl15 revenge gear, 1% is almost non noticeable, someone with 1.6% less crit than you will still be able to crit more sometimes, due too rng, increasing every other stat(enchants/runes) with KW, in some cases (2%+ pene) all this or 1% crit? kinda obvious.

Edited by Sulla

"far" less accuracy yet you mock my "great" boost in crit which is even greater 

rangers dont suck, they however are worse at crowd control prior to 2012 SS nerf

dont need HP or defense if your arena team is distracting everyone, as cocktail said

this is strictly arena, not in general

bless + high attack speed compensates low accuracy

again, do you have a ranger?

Edited by ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

bless + high attack speed compensates low accuracy

again, do you have a ranger?

That's all good, real good, but one thing we are discussing is a 1.6% crit bonus from "lvl15 Revenge gear", which doesn't provide higher attack speed, revenge set is a downgrade, that's fact by simply comparing the gears.

Low accuracy and dodging hits kinda makes that point, pointless, when you use a skill the normal hit's that proc are almost instant anyway, low attack speed ranger can nuke someone just as fast with blessing proc's (which are instant after using skills) do you even know how blessing works? it procs from skills too which gain nothing from attack speed,  .

Edited by Sulla

attack speed lets you cycle CD's faster due to attack animations (not the actual CD)

again, if you think KW is good for rangers, feel free to say so

you dont even play a ranger yet youre trying to tell me stacking crit on a DPS class is a bad idea for a specific scenario which is attacking from behind tanks with aggro

im done

attack speed lets you cycle CD's faster due to attack animations (not the actual CD)

again, if you think KW is good for rangers, feel free to say so

you dont even play a ranger yet youre trying to tell me stacking crit on a DPS class is a bad idea for a specific scenario which is attacking from behind tanks with aggro

im done

No, skill's are instant and unaffected by attack speed, unless you are stacking over 20% or more you will never notice a difference till after a lot of hits, which as a ranger is pointless as you need your enemy dead in a few hits, xbow ranger procing blessing is instant, seen it, did it, nothing new.

Yes it is fine for a ranger, if someone wants 1.6% while nerfing all other stats, good luck with that.

I do play ranger, both xbow nd bow, lvl18-20 properly geared ones with doom bows, tested both and even with all that stacked speed and crit, the xbow nuked faster (due too blessing procs being instant) nobody said stacking crit is a bad idea, but 1.6% on lvl15 gear vs loss of all other stats (possible 2% pene increase), just no, with low accuracy you will nuke only bad players, which then it doesn't matter what u use.

Good bye.

Edited by Sulla

did i say revenge gave better stats overall? no.

i said revenge gives more crit

1.6% more crit, compared to 2%+ more pene or acc + every other stat, so fact is KW is superior to revenge and an upgrade, level and stat wise.

Edited by Sulla

This build and most if em are just dumb rangers do not survive unless they hit hard and fast none if this i can tank etc haha learn to use a ranger before working in builds IMO

Bro. I am trying to learn how to play ranger. I don't get it why i shouldn't try to figure out different builds, for experimantal, dmg, and stylish purposes?

Do you know who said "stick the way the others do?"? The church for example, who nailed down many scientists for just trying to understand and figure out the world better.

If you got any real cons, please tell them to be understandable...

Well this is a hard set up... Sure you'll get blessing quite a lot, but due to sacrificing your pene to speed and energy regen (which is okay, unless your cloak has energy regen), a strong tank will stop you like a wall ;D For kiting i'd say cage or explosive trap would do pretty good(?) Point shooting and haul you could forget though as this is clearly a 1v1 or 2v2 set up

Explosing trap doesnt stop players :o But Hunters cage is sure a good idea :)

Ok, ill think about enchanting a ring with pene. All i have to do then is to spam mana crystals and try to land a great on my other ring. :[

So i might get gloves with pene then... instead of arena gloves or crit/accu gloves...

I have figured point out too... But isn't it possible just to stay at the back? Wouldn't work against sneaky rogues favouring me but else? If my team does a great job of holding them back they will die before they will reach me?