In-game Names

Hazelnut

Hello, as the title, this topic is the place to discuss about things related to your in-game names. 

What are your in-game names? Why did you choose those names? What are the meaning of those names?

Mine are :

Feast (ranger) > Taken from a brand of my favorite ice cream, Feast. Also feast means party.

Gastly (rogue) > Taken from a pokemon named Ghastly.

Nestly (druid) > Taken from a milk or drinks brand, Nestle.

Yukata (bd) > Idk about this name, it suddenly appeared in my mind. But it's something like Japanese traditional clothes i thought.

Nissea (druid) > Actually this is my auntie's name  :blush:

Those are the names of my main chars when i still play Warspear, How about yours?  :give_rose:

I picked most of my names from my school books.

Epifyytti (rogue, picked from biology book) means epiphyte. It's a plant that grows upon another plant but is not a parasite.

Parsakaali (ranger, picked from home economics book) means broccoli. The English version of that name was probably already taken.

All my other elves I named after various other cabbages.

Hajdar (paladin, picked from physics book) was just a funny name that everyone laughed at.

Munaaja (necromancer) means a person who fails all the time. I wanted to have the name Manaaja, which means exorcist (or the opposite). Then I remembered a Donald Duck comic book called "The Return of the Loser" (name translated), and chose the name for my necro.

Nice.

Sometimes i search on a book which contain the list of names and their meaning just to get a good name, but they all had been used o,o

Turtle was taken so my friend took my phone and wrote Turtlef*ck

my first char ever Krigerhelt i saw in the book Brisingr in the a Eragon Series

Matchless was really idk i came up with it randomly but it sounded cool

Bacca Melzie and Anihalator always called me macca bacca...

Ryderx my Real Name Is Ryder. And The x stands for One-X Album by 3 Days Grace

Orga (Paladin), Makarov (Priest), Mystogan (Shaman), Iwan (Warlock), Elfman (Ranger), Erza (Bladedancer), taken all from anime Fairy Tail. ;D

i love that anime too ;D

zeusxelie

wanted to pick zeus but it was taken and my name is elie meaaz so i picked zeus x elie :) also i remember that in parties u can see first 4 letters of the character name so i wanted a name with 4 letters that is related to a paladin

zeus: god of thunder in mythologie , used to play DoTA alot and zeus had the best lvl6 skill, he had a hammer n axe so i picked zeus :P

I believe that whtever name u pick, ur the one who makes the name happen if u know wht i mean xD

Edited by lallouss

Nosotraes: Just a random elf name which randomly came to my mind while I was thinking of a new name after Grandak, my first ever char, was hacked.

Wizardblow: I like wizards. Kinda. Sometimes. 

Rikaias: My real name + an ancient Greek hero.

Fyrellion: Idk. I was trying to get a magical name and this just popped out.

Messilian: Had nothing to do with soccer. I just like self-made elven names.

Efulaxa: The past of the Greek noun fulax, which means ruler. And some customization.

Once upon a time, I started a BD. So i named him MCocktail, but since, the questline of elf is shit (no story, and just collect 25 pc of shit quests), so i started a second account, a pala which name was picked by the random name generator. But looking at it now, it looks a bit neat(reminds of a strong mythic guy idk something like that %)). I ended up deleting my bd as i saw that my pala was lvl 14 and my bd still lvl 7.

Pbednetra explained above

Numsum(ranger), means BowArrow in mongolian

Mustardgas(rogue), idk i wanted to name him like something toxic, something corrosive, aggresive, and thus i chose the translated name of a combat poison gas

Mlgcapone (priest lvl6, lvling). A month ago, Lealealeas guild (YourNewGOD, in which i was, was best guild ever)  got in some... Complicated situations. She then wanted to make a mafia guild, and told us all to make a char with a mafiosi name. She, alongside her husband shed been playing with went out of the game, silently. LEA AND CODY WHERE ARE YOU :cray:

Edited by MCocktail

Murtard gas xD

Thanks for sharing, guys! It's nice to know it :)!

I hope that this forum is more alive...

Edited by Nestly

I'll skip the pass and move on to a strict list

-------- US Sapphire ----------

Wrathofcal, This was my first barb created after returning to warspear pretty much for good, name came from my own name added with wrath of (10 points for originality)

Calslegend, this was my rogue, name was the same idea as previous but added legend status because I'm a legend afterall (irony points +100 never was a legend)

Maledruid, here began the caster era for me, I've started of as a druid with plans to have major lab farms/hunts. Sadly after ladydruid left I never continued this. (Name dedicated to her)

Maleshaman, my pride! This was my first (and at the time only legion caster) most people must remember me from this, some for better some for worse (name originates from Maledruid)

Kingmale, name originates from maleshaman mightve been a bit foolish but I've lived up to it, this was a level 6 arena character

----dead faced dimension-----

Angerfists, Angerfists Angerfists how have you raised your fist. .. This was my Warlock. The joy of playing this the random build I had wich was so anti compared to other locks.. fun fact this character was the one I've leveled the fastest, blazed trough moraktar in 2 or 3 days (no life ofcourse) passed the gold mine glitch since I never leave it and managed to grind my dailies to 18 asap (I reckon that the level cap was still 18 back then) and well name origin? Seek Angerfist on youtube and you have your answer.

Sacrilege, this was my US dk can't add much info on him since he was an abandoned project. Name comes from one of angerfist his sub names blood cage, with their track sacrilege.

Malenecro, probably the rookie I have on Us, created this after I made a return to this server and met a new girl called missnecro, project ended after a while as I returned to Eu

For my others..

Calcore (suppose to be CalCore) this was my US Bd, I've left mc side for a longer time to build up a sturdy bd, I've had some real fun with him. Name is pretty much my old gamers tag, this said CalCore.

Xcalx yea based name for a female character of course, this was my ranger she came directly after my barbarian. Name originates from female character+ based xoxo stuff xd

Malepally, don't start thinking wrong when you read this name xd it's my us paladin ofcourse, same story for others aabandoned project. Name came from Maledruid ad expected

R.I.P my old mage malemage

so that's it for Us, who wants Eu?

i have same last name as a famous celebrity/actor who recently passed away, so i switched a letter or two around and came up with swaaz, ive been using the alias swaaz for over 15 years now, since elementary school. i like it. 

hazyswayze my druid my coworker suggested the name and it just stuck with me

my paladin JoeTheTank cus hes a tank and my names Joe, i thought it would be ironic. 

oldenchant my priest with full set of old gears cus i wanted to make fun of +10 lv14s with new enchant gear 

my new mage unmatched, i made it at like 3am, wasnt very creative. it was originally just a storage character

swaazshop my lv1 BD, hes been lv1 since 2011. we used to be able to talk on lv1s in trade chat but in like 2012 they changed it. i still kept him lv1 though, back in 2011 and early 2012 i used him to sell my gears in trade chat and such

Edited by ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

i have same last name as a famous celebrity/actor who recently passed away, so i switched a letter or two around and came up with swaaz, ive been using the alias swaaz for over 15 years now, since elementary school. i like it. 

hazyswayze my druid my coworker suggested the name and it just stuck with me

my paladin JoeTheTank cus hes a tank and my names Joe, i thought it would be ironic. 

oldenchant my priest with full set of old gears cus i wanted to make fun of +10 lv14s with new enchant gear 

my new mage unmatched, i made it at like 3am, wasnt very creative. it was originally just a storage character

swaazshop my lv1 BD, hes been lv1 since 2011. we used to be able to talk on lv1s in trade chat but in like 2012 they changed it. i still kept him lv1 though, back in 2011 and early 2012 i used him to sell my gears in trade chat and such

So the reason you are not using swaazshop is that it's simply kind of a tradition for you? To keep him at lvl1?

And how did you come to your forum name?

Edited by MCocktail

So the reason you are not using swaazshop is that it's simply kind of a tradition for you? To keep him at lvl1?

And how did you come to your forum name?

exactly

i saw r0land and snorlax post ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ in russian forum and i thought it was funny

It's pretty obvious.Not telling all your in game names make you feel safer than being more famous.

Hey, Sed! Your 1st forum name was Saber, right?

Name: Jigsaw-PZ, my name for almost every online game i play (variations include JigsawPZ and JigPZ) See these names anywhere and know that it is me (©). You can pronounce the "PZ" as P...Z, not Pzee. The name kinda explains my personality, I'll leave that to your opinion ^_^

what does the "PZ" stand for? Idk either... puzzle?... Omg Yes! puzzle!! How did i not see this!?!

- Most complete puzzle games have 4 sides

- 4 minus 1 = 3

- A triangle has 3 sides

- Illuminate CONF-

Flashjigs, Deathjigs, Daddyjigs: Kit, kit, hit and run.

Diamondace: I wanted a name that had 10 letters on it so i chose two things i thought sounded nice together.

Daddyfate: Whiles strolling through the darkest areas of the internet i stumbled upon a small website, with 1 message written on it. The message only had 1 ominous sentence

"Do not fear" it said. " it is not your fault. For at that exact day, that exact hour and that exact minute; It was your destiny to die by my hands, fate has led you to the blade of my dagger."

What is this!?! I ask myself. The following line struck fear into me, made me question if i was alive or dead

"No hate, no affection...Nothing. You just happened to be there and i used you, you're a pebble that happened onto the path i walk on... That is all" Signed: Daddyfate

It's pretty obvious.Not telling all your in game names make you feel safer than being more famous.

pff <_< what's the fun of killing someone if they don't know who you are. No fun at all.

Few others of my names:

The following names are from Doctor Who (spoiler alert for series 2 & 8 ) :

Tohtori (mage) is the protagonist's 'name' in Finnish

Daleksec (warlock) I wanted to have some famous Doctor Who antagonist but they were all taken (I knew it) and not many of them were translated into Finnish (unless I would have wanted to be a cyberman). After many tries I found Dalek Sec, one of the members of the Cult of Skaro

Joulupukki (dk) means Santa. I had watched too recently Death in Heaven, in which the Santa appeared at the end.

So i'll come and make this post, just for the sake of being asked sometimes what does my name mean

I wont include past names of my own characters for various reasons

Crusang~

Well, if you really want to know what this one means, type it on your browser tab and add ".net". 18+ pl0x

The meaning is, that what the name represents wont ever cease to live/exist, and is a cure to some people/

Despairs~

Rogue, high amplified, you get it. It nukes faster than the blink of a parrot when sleeping. Wait, do they even blink when they sleep?

The idea behind this is that i am depressed, yes, and i cause despair by killing, yes. Seems stupid for you, yes? Who cares.

Mokou~

IN Extra Stage Boss, the Immortal Fire Phoenix

Those who play/have played Touhou will understand. Those who haven't, please stay away from this monster.

Shotacon~

Well, highly suggesting to google this one because i can see this post getting deleted due to this

Tsundere~

Also google the meaning for this, because i really cba explaining Japanese characterestics.

I find mages suiting the yandere/tsundere character due to the whole lot of damage skills.

Heartspan~

From the anime Bakemonogatari, the Legendary Odity Slayer, Kokoro Watari, which translates to "Heart span"

Going to be using katana skins here ayyy lmao

Eosphorus~

The Morning Star, the Dawn Bringer or one of Satan's many names, your pick

That's for now, i guess. Might revise this post incase i want to add something/remove something, kek

Haha, appreciated

I was thinking of creating a priest since my guild lacks "good" healers, probably will go with the name Imouto. Like, you know, a little sister keeping her elders "alive" *cough*, manga18+ pl0x

My elder brother has the name "Ohayo" on his priest, somehow I find it too badass, I can't dare call it by the name, so I call it "Morning King"

(Ohayo means morning/good morning for those who didn't know)

Meanwhile I still have a lot of accounts with just characters which I save names on. So if you're bound to make a new character (EU), just ask in this thread for a recommendation. Don't forget to mention class

Sorry if this goes off topic but names are a huge point of interest for me

Despair, isnt it 'ohayou'? Or am i wrong?

Anyway, i support Despair's words... Everyone can ask for the names recommendation in this thread :).