Aggro/Taunt system needs a complete rework

Ikafati

We can all agree that taunt is pretty much an useless skill, some may not even consider it as a skill and that leaves 4 classes at a disadvantage. So here are some ideas to balance it.

------------------------------------------------------------

Remove DAMAGE = AGGRO system

It's stupid and makes no sense. Since the game is clearly trying to be PvE friendly, make it so that actual tank classes can keep the aggro on themselves.

Make Taunt an actual taunt

Because of the current Damage = Aggro system, the tank that should soak up the damage often can't keep up with classes that have more DPS. Yes, taunt works for the first minute or two on larger bosses, but when the gap of dealt damage between the 2 classes expands, taunt doesn't work anymore.

Now to some ideas

Make taunt a "toggable" skill

Since taunt doesn't really work or has any use in PvP battles, make it so the 1st part of the skill would passively give a slight damage boost. 3-8% would do.

Now the 2nd part is where all the magic happens. Note that the second part works while fighting ONLY monsters, not players

INTRODUCE A GODDAMN "THREAT" SYSTEM

"But Shil, devs shouldn't copy other MMOs, that makes the game less..." DUCK THIS SHIT

Nowadays, it's close to impossible to introduce 100% genuine ideas into your game, so why not try and improve the old ones?

Anyway...

This is how it would work

You deal damage = You generate a low amount of threat

You heal a person who's currently tanking = You generate a moderate amount of threat

You taunt something = You generate a huge amount of threat

Because of this, tanks would actually be needed in difficult boss fights where they need to take away mob aggro away from the others, especially healers. And the healers themselves would have to think about either getting a more defensive equipment or spamming less during the fights

Add a "Threat" bar below the experience bar and below HP/Mana bar in party view. It would show your current amount of threat.

Add selectable enchantments to Taunt

These enchantments should he chosen depending on the situation of the fight and the type of a boss. The player would toggle to a second part of the taunt and would have to select the enchantment while not in combat. I'd suggest these enchantments:

1. Aegis Protection - x% amount of damage reduced but x% of defense increased. For typical, hard-hitting bad guys without any type of special abilities

2. Divine Spirit - All healing abilities are enhanced by x% if you're tanking an enemy. Click the enchantment icon to heal yourself for a small amount (moderate cooldown). For tanks with mediocre health, fighting very hard-hitting bad guys

3. Provoke - Take all generated amount of threat from an ally and add it to your current amount. For sticky situations where an ally needs bad guys taken away from him or for 2 tanks to switch aggro between each other.

4. Incorruptible - the strenght and the time of active debuffs is reduced. Click the enchantment icon to remove all debuffs (moderate cooldown).

That's pretty much all for now. I'll add something if I'll get any new ideas. Post your suggestions below

Edited by Shilan

I agree threat system is total trash, it was years ago when I started playing, and it still is.

I don't quite understand the "enhancement" stuff. Is this a recently added feature in the game? Is it like a talent selection, you pick one and live with it until you reset them?

I like your idea but I could make it simpler.

Take the Aegis Protection you suggested, toggleable skill. Make it lower the damage dealt by x%, and each class would get extra effect (increased max health, defense, healing/shields received, parry/block chance). On top of that, make them get increased aggro with each hit, maybe doubled (or more if damage is reduced by a lot).

Simple, effective, still requires some amping to not lose aggro to +10 rogues.

Edited by Azebu

taunt should be a passive skill, which would apply hatred on every hit, so you could keep bosses on yourself by just hitting it. simple as that.

taunt should be a passive skill, which would apply hatred on every hit, so you could keep bosses on yourself by just hitting it. simple as that.

wat if yuo not tank?

Also, current aggro system is really shit. I completly agree with your suggestion.

Taunt use to always work no matter if the boss had a different tank for a long time.

It got changed to only the start because people started to use it to reset bosses and just basically piss people off.

Other than that, I agree, taunt needs a bit more to it.

I don't think anymore that the aggression system needs a change, it can be used very well in PvPs to distract opponents and can be removed from the hotckey panel to give more space for other important skills/items.

I don't think anymore that the aggression system needs a change, it can be used very well in PvPs to distract opponents and can be removed from the hotckey panel to give more space for other important skills/items.

What about PvE?

What about PvE?

Since when we started complaining about aggression in PvE or is it an awesome thing to complain about a thing everywhere?

Since when we started complaining about aggression in PvE or is it an awesome thing to complain about a thing everywhere?

Aside from one line, this entire suggestion is about PvE.

Aggression in PvE was always horrible.

Aside from one line, this entire suggestion is about PvE.

Aggression in PvE was always horrible.

Wow, really? Nice to hear and know such an info.

Wow, really? Nice to hear and know such an info.

In PvP it's pretty much useless. In PvE it's pretty much useless and has more negatives than positives. Also, you could say tank classes have 1 skill less. Changes are needed