[2023.05.30] Update Warspear Online 11.4. Announcement. Part 1

LeeLoo

1 minute ago, Drakoknight said:

Plus arguing could turn very toxic quickly 

That's where mods come in. They don't have that green name for show only, do they now.

19 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

That's where mods come in. They don't have that green name for show only, do they now.

I know :blow:

16 hours ago, Ryohei said:

Tch...  So, using your logic we should wait to the vortex ends to walk in. 

What about seals?? 

What about wars?? 

We are forced to let you take seals?? 

We are forced to dont touch the flag in wars??? 

Also why u keep mentioning that book!? Is not like u see every player walking n chillin with a goddamn  expensive book in their arsenal!! 

It's not stupidity,  only barbarian and chief can do something about it, Other classes are f**ked up,  not mentioning that can use mantra, while their anti cc skill ends, and repeat. 

Idk if it is truth that the book doesn't affect warlock circle, i have to say that it sounds like something u saying to make it sound worse. 

In case this is truth, your "noob" vortex has 2 effects, stun + kicking  away... 

Like many other sentinel class that have aoe cc (prob  stun + dmg, or stun + debuff  or just a debuff that works as stun  i dont know) while wlocks circle only and just ONLY  can stun... No dmg no debuff  only... Stun...  

Now, in other cases we can just walk away from vortex yes, but what about the new talent?, it literally is going to force everyone to touch the vortex, what u have to say about it? 

You should Just say you hate warlock without so much drama 

Why would you wait for vortex to end? Especially in seal, use fear then use circle how long have you been using warlocks? If you not stunned you just wait? ducking no you are ranged damage dealer, use it to your fricking advantage :x, 

and i dont hate warlocks, or every other class because well why hate them hahaha, i just point out some unbalabce in the game not doing drama, its you who turned it into drama so that you can deffend your superiority 😅

With this 2 skill 8 Hunters managed to destroy Camp Riff Flag even when guarded by 60 sentinels and 1/4 of them were templars bcs they dont need to get too close to the flag to deal damage to flag!

Screenshot_20230605-134442_Warspear Online.jpg

Screenshot_20230605-134419_Warspear Online.jpg

Edited by Jollier

17 hours ago, Higgings said:

What would happen if, let's say, you had no choice but going back to the zone a Templar has put his Whirlwind? (Let's say a Flag during war or a Seal in arena?). You are giving as certain that if people go inside there again it's cause they're stupid. 

It's not about stupidity or lack of tactic. It's about the impossibility to counter this skill even with a statistic created to counter such skills. And that should not be the way of it. 

In war you wont need to do it, because hunter skill can reach it just fine without needing to get close to the flag. Also when there is vortex just kill sentinels, when on seal you need to get to the seal and as far as i know nowadays all if not almost all cc removes your ability to take seal even if you are standing on it. And if there is vortex, kindly use fear, blind or other cc and KILL ! Especially if you are partied with ranged damage dealer. Bcs templar stun only works for 2 sec if you doesnt use any buff to lessen the duration. Or you got more question about how to do seal arena? Bcs as far as i am concerned you are experienced in this, so you must have known

2 hours ago, Gladiator said:

I remember one of the more active days, I would have back and forth arguments why Paladin should be buffed, and look at us now, stronger than ever, Paladins really owe me a lot of the buffs. Hell, I might start doing that again. I went to check and I think I haven't really gotten into it with someone since 2020, it was about palas being able to self-cast sacred shield (*cough* @Higgings), and guess who won. :dirol:

Yea. Evidently devs have seen nothing wrong on a char capable to ignore around 8k DMG and heal itself in the process. Oh well :dunno:

I'm looking forward to see the critical heal from Life Steal our class will be capable to achieve. 

1 hour ago, Jollier said:

Also when there is vortex just kill sentinels,

Yea, you can (try to) kill sentinels while they in the meanwhile safely protect the seal and earn points in the process. Definitely worth it. 

And if there is vortex, kindly use fear, blind or other cc and KILL

You know, you can also bring mages with you if locks are that annoying as you say. Since we can apparently solve our problems by bringing the Almighty Hunter with us, you can solve yours with a mage. 

Why would you wait for vortex to end?

18 hours ago, Jollier said:

After you got hit by a reverse flow, would you be stupid enough to walk back there again? 

19 hours ago, Jollier said:

while you can just run from the flow after getting hit once

On 6/3/2023 at 9:41 PM, Jollier said:

after you got pushed back you can just run a little

On 6/3/2023 at 12:02 AM, Jollier said:

you say one thing but your action says otherwise. Better take your medicine <3

Spoiler

Reverse Flow solution according to Jollier

images-2023-06-05T051017_091.jpeg.3f47e90e5df11040d1b68048a9011d08.jpeg

On 5/27/2023 at 7:08 PM, LeeLoo said:

боев потенц.png Battle potential

Every 6 non-critical auto-attack deals double damage. The number of noncritical attacks for double damage is reduced by 1 per active permanent skill, up to a maximum of 3.

I want to test this today ;

Still not sure if the 4th attack, with the buff about to proc, it deals x2 dmg only if it is a non-crit auto or it can be a x2 crit auto

Edited by SaltyCoffe

I give my point of view from War and GVG's perspectives. And about we bring mage to counter warlocks on seal? Well look at the bigger picture, even Dks can move people away from seal without needing go come inside the vortex, hunter also can use area cc which give fear debuff. And in 2v2 or small battle like seal or 5x5 im fine with current locks, but their skill need to be affected by Book "Magic resistance" and Confrontation scroll like every other debuff out there. But on bigger scale ? Yeh its ducked up

Edited by Jollier

42 minutes ago, SaltyCoffe said:

I want to test this today ;

Still not sure if the 4th attack, with the buff about to proc, it deals x2 dmg only if it is a non-crit auto or it can be a x2 crit auto

I believe it is the 3rd, note it says every 6th auto-attack, not after 6 auto-attacks (and i mean the 3rd considering you have 3 active skills)

Also, i believe it is a non-crit auto for the same reason, it says every 6th (or 3rd) non-crit auto, so the condition of not being a critical hit is present in the auto-attack that triggers the double damage

1 hour ago, Higgings said:

I'm looking forward to see the critical heal from Life Steal our class will be capable to achieve. 

I'm still kind of confused about this branch.

1. What is the main focus of it? PvP? Tank? Damage? From what i understood, it is a offensive branch (look at the lesser talents, there are only damage skills) with a bit of sustain from the Vampirism. But again, which role of the DK is more suited to use it?
  2. If you deal a critical hit to an enemy, isn't the healing from Vampirism already doubled? So if you crit both the attack and the healing, you'll have a quadruple heal?

18 minutes ago, Jollier said:

I give my point of view from War and GVG's perspectives. And about we bring mage to counter warlocks on seal? Well look at the bigger picture, even Dks can move people away from seal without needing go come inside the vortex, hunter also can use area cc which give fear debuff. And in 2v2 or small battle like seal or 5x5 im fine with current locks, but their skill need to be affected by Book "Magic resistance" and Confrontation scroll like every other debuff out there. But on bigger scale ? Yeh its ducked up

yeah my boy, even dk can move ONE ppl out, while mage can move 3+ people instantly within one click. Even if the case was warlock vs mage only, it's up to their gameplay who captures the seal, warlock better capable to stun ppl while they're out seal, while mage can pull them out seal as well resist himself for avoid the capturing. I dont see why would lock skills need be affected by them, this is something unique they gave to lock for represent the warlock's first purpose, even if they get changed, it won't fix anything 2v2 5v5 seal because it would be then locks with 4/4 sphere/full dmg build and you'd then complain about the warlocks damage, so I guess you're more worried about GvG and war perspective. Well, I wouldn't be, as long you got templar on your side pal :biggrin:

3 minutes ago, Lyzoic said:

Well, I wouldn't be, as long you got templar on your side pal :biggrin:

I mean, the whole purpose of Templar and Chieftain being created was to give the 2 factions what they needed:

Templar - a jack-of-all-trades character like the Charmer + a class with a lot of AoE control skills like the Warlock

Chieftain - an AoE damage class like the Mage

So if the Templar isn't templaring, it's just a skill issue

49 minutes ago, Jollier said:

Well look at the bigger picture, even Dks can move people away from seal without needing go come inside the vortex,

You gotta see the realistic picture rather than the bigger one. In the bigger picture even a Necromancer can move away people with Panic. On a realistic Pov, however, Necros would probably die if they even try to approach the enemy, as well as DKs would just get stunned the very moment they pull the enemy out from the seal, resulting on the foe just running back where it was. Do people have skills in this sense? Yes, of course they do (Bigger Picture). How effective are these skills in this scenario? Close to no effective, unless you're a Chieftain or a Barbarian (Realistic Picture). 

Speaking about realistic point of view, i have clearly stated why warlock Area CC is broken, now tell me the reasons why warlocks area cc should not be affected by those book and Scrolls? If your reason is it wouldnt have made too much of a difference anyway, then the only thing i will say to you guys is take your medicine regulary

So, no matter what you guys said no matter how you keep comparing Warlocks skill to sentinel side skill the only thing that is SURELY BROKEN is that ONLY WARLOCK AREA CC that doesnt get affected by Book of magic resistance and Confrontation scroll!

20 minutes ago, Jollier said:

So, no matter what you guys said no matter how you keep comparing Warlocks skill to sentinel side skill the only thing that is SURELY BROKEN is that ONLY WARLOCK AREA CC that doesnt get affected by Book of magic resistance and Confrontation scroll!

So why would you use these buffs if it doesn't work? use other ones, problem solved

37 minutes ago, Jollier said:

Speaking about realistic point of view, i have clearly stated why warlock Area CC is broken, now tell me the reasons why warlocks area cc should not be affected by those book and Scrolls?

We're speaking about a ground skill, that's why. Different from any kind of stun/disabling effect. It doesn't change the fact that Resisting it nullifies said skill entirely, on the contrary of Templars whose effect re-applies every X seconds. 

40 minutes ago, Jollier said:

the only thing i will say to you guys is take your medicine regulary

Keep saying this and I'll make sure you'll take yours, even if I'm not working today. 

16 minutes ago, Lyzoic said:

So why would you use these buffs if it doesn't work? use other ones, problem solved

Or, since it appears to be the solution, he can bring a Mage with him. Or simply again, wait until the circle disappears exactly like the Legion Side does for Templar. 

I mean if we talking about Warspear as a game with features ecc... ; if I have a book ( or scroll ) that says : " control effects applied on your char last less by a specified % " ; why doesn't it work with lock stun as it is a control skill ? 

( Genuine question by the way ):SK22_5:

3 minutes ago, SaltyCoffe said:

I mean if we talking about Warspear as a game with features ecc... ; if I have a book ( or scroll ) that says : " control effects applied on your char last less by a specified % " ; why doesn't it work with lock stun as it is a control skill ? 

( Genuine question by the way ):SK22_5:

First thing that comes in my mind is that this is a different Kind of stun, provided by a ground skill. It appears logical seeing the stun's effect over as soon as the Skill's effect is over as well. Or again, I remember that the stun Dark Circle provided was a completely different kind of stun (some time ago, Dark Circle was capable to put an additional Stun Symbol beneath your HUD, in case you were already stunned by other means), which makes me think of an outdated/different way the system sees this effect (this would explain why resisting it once nullifies the effect instead of re-applying continuously). Or even more simply, it can be a bug. No idea really. Here, an admin can be more precise. 

1 minute ago, Higgings said:

First thing that comes in my mind is that this is a different Kind of stun, provided by a ground skill. It appears logical seeing the stun's effect over as soon as the Skill's effect is over as well. Or again, I remember that the stun Dark Circle provided was a completely different kind of stun (some time ago, Dark Circle was capable to put an additional Stun Symbol beneath your HUD, in case you were already stunned by other means), which makes me think of an outdated/different way the system sees this effect (this would explain why resisting it once nullifies the effect instead of re-applying continuously). Or even more simply, it can be a bug. No idea really. Here, an admin can be more precise. 

I see I see , so it kinda needs a more specified look by admins :thanks:

45 minutes ago, Higgings said:

Or simply again, wait until the circle disappears exactly like the Legion Side does for Templar. 

images-2023-06-05T101434_258.jpeg.2fa097ceb48befe2c31a6da9fa2faaa8.jpeg

33 minutes ago, Higgings said:

Or even more simply, it can be a bug.

That could be easily reported instead of making a pointless discussion :tease:

However, i don't believe it is a bug.

The Dark Circle isn't a area that applies the Stun debuff when someone enters it: actually, that's how the skill Pool of Darkness works.

image.png Pool of Darkness: Creates a smoldering zone in the specified area for 5 sec. Every second, the zone deals a debuff to all opponents who have been in it for 5 sec. The effect deals magical damage in the amount of P% of the magical power of the character every second. Maximum number of player targets is Y, limit on the number of monster targets - X.

That means even if you entered the Pool when it was about to disappear, you will get the full duration of the debuff.

That's how Dark Circle really works:

image.png Dark Circle: Creates a black magic zone for T sec. While the zone is in effect, the Fetters of Darkness debuff is applied to the opponents who are in it. The opponents cannot move or apply skills, damaging them does not remove the debuff. The maximum number of player targets - Y, the number of monster targets is unlimited.

That means the duration of the debuff Fetters of Darkness (just a cool name for "Stun") doesn't depend on itself, instead, it depends on the duration of the Dark Circle.

While the Circle is on the ground, the stun is active for an infinite amount of time.

However, when the Dark Circle disappears, the debuff disappears with it, as @Higgings said.

Therefore, there's no way to decrease or increase the duration of the debuff besides the talent, which increases the duration of the Dark Circle itself (as fair as i know).

If the person who i shall not mention but who likes to roleplay as a nurse read this explanation and understand it, they would realize it's better for the enemies that Dark Circle continues the way it is instead of working like Pool of Darkness.

Edited by Khrone

36 minutes ago, SaltyCoffe said:

I see I see , so it kinda needs a more specified look by admins :thanks:

yeah, goes to same category as mage ground skill on wars with no need of clicking target, or 2 templars balling people on infinite loop :rolleyes: 

circle is one resist/skill, let's say you have 50% resistance, it's pretty simple math, 50% to resist circle.

Then we go to reverse flow. Unlike circle, reverse flow make 5 cycles from 1 skill. That being said, with 50% resistance on my char, I have numerously 20% chance to resist them with 50% resist, all from 1 skill. just to let you know.:peace:

Edited by Lyzoic

33 minutes ago, Khrone said:

That means the duration of the debuff Fetters of Darkness (just a cool name for "Stun") doesn't depend on itself, instead, it depends on the duration of the Dark Circle.

There you go. No bugs. This is how it should work. 

2 minutes ago, Higgings said:

You stated above that because it is applied to the area right ? then what about druid area Roots? it is still affected by Book and scrolls, so my suggestion is to change the mechanics of warlock area cc

there should not be any reason why warlock has the only special skill that is not affected by books and scroll that are created to lessen the duration of debuffs

1 minute ago, Higgings said:

Talking from a (not really) programmer point of view:

Spoiler

Pool of Darkness

while player in zone:

apply debuff every 1 second

Dark Circle

while player in zone:

stun == True

1 minute ago, Jollier said:

so my suggestion is to change the mechanics of warlock area cc

39 minutes ago, Khrone said:

they would realize it's better for the enemies that Dark Circle continues the way it is instead of working like Pool of Darkness.

That's it. They didn't read. :good:

Change Warlocks Dark circle and Zone of Weakness mechanics so that it would be affected by Book "Magic Resistance" and Confrontation scrolls!! make it balanced! there is no reason for warlock area cc to be special !

1 hour ago, Khrone said:

they would realize it's better for the enemies that Dark Circle continues the way it is instead of working like Pool of Darkness.

There is a saying, "when one already feel a great injustice, they would treat a lesser one as a blessings" you mean it like this? we should appreciate the things now because it could have been more broken? lols nice way of thinking

4 minutes ago, Jollier said:

There is a saying, "when one already feel a great injustice, they would treat a lesser one as a blessings" you mean it like this? we should appreciate the things now because it could have been more broken? lols nice way of thinking

If you didn't read my explanation, the Dark Circle works the way it is intended to.

If it changed to be like Pool of Darkness/Blazing Ground, you would get stunned for the whole duration even if you entered the Circle 1 second before it disappeared. How is that better than the way it works right now?

Honestly, this is my last comment. I'm tired of this dumb discussion.

On 6/2/2023 at 8:58 PM, Jollier said:

This is the most dumb suggestion i ever read, not all people want to lvl up. Just do your damn quest and dont be lazy

Dude. You have an item called "Elixir of Permanence". Don't be rude for no reason.

33 minutes ago, Khrone said:

If you didn't read my explanation, the Dark Circle works the way it is intended to.

If it changed to be like Pool of Darkness/Blazing Ground, you would get stunned for the whole duration even if you entered the Circle 1 second before it disappeared. How is that better than the way it works right now?

Honestly, this is my last comment. I'm tired of this dumb discussion.

Let that salty guy be, @Khrone. He's like the other fellow from the previous comments talking away before realizing what's he talking about. 

Edited by Godsbane

36 minutes ago, Godsbane said:

Dude. You have an item called "Elixir of Permanence". Don't be rude for no reason.

hahaha, so we need to use elixir of permanence to kill mobs? just dont be lazy. because of your laziness you told people who dont wanna level up to spend money on potion just to kill mobs. ironic

Edited by Jollier

4 minutes ago, Jollier said:

hahaha, so we need to use elixir of permanence to kill mobs? just dont be lazy. because of your laziness you told people who dont wanna level up to spend money on potion just to kill mobs. ironic

I am already level 32 on multiple characters. :crab2:

Also, is it necessary for you to be rude? Clearly you did not ready the entire sentence, forget the post. I had said,

"I'll leave it to the devs, to determine a suitable approach."

Fine, here's an example approach - add a toggle switch, to turn on or off "getting experience from mobs". Plus, perhaps at most 1000 experience from killing mobs per day even if that switch is enabled. If disabled, you don't have anything to worry; you can kill unlimited mobs.

Furthermore, I am talking from a new player's standpoint. Do you help anyone to level up? I bet not.

You don't wish to level up, but please don't be so devoid of empathy towards the new player that struggles to level up.

I am not going to respond back to you anymore since you clearly don't read responses properly and only cherry pick certain phrases from a sentence to make the responding person appear incorrect or flawed (as seen from your interactions with myself or @Khrone).

Admins, apologies if I appeared rude, not my intention at all.

4 minutes ago, Godsbane said:

I am not going to respond back to you anymore since you clearly don't read responses properly and only cherry pick certain phrases from a sentence to make the responding person appear incorrect or flawed (as seen from your interactions with myself or @Khrone).

Notice how they still didn't respond the comment i made about how Dark Circle works, even though they were the one complaining about it :fuck_that:

7 minutes ago, Godsbane said:

1000 experience

man do you know how much 1000 experience is ? 

1 minute ago, Khrone said:

Notice how they still didn't respond the comment i made about how Dark Circle works, even though they were the one complaining about it 

i have made my statements clear, i dont wanna keep arguing with you

2 minutes ago, Jollier said:

man do you know how much 1000 experience is ?

Haha, said like a true level 20 or lower character. That's your choice to remain at that level.

9 minutes ago, Godsbane said:

Do you help anyone to level up? I bet not.

You don't wish to level up, but please don't be so devoid of empathy towards the new player that struggles to level up

i do help people lvl up, even in my lvl 32 character i still did not do the quest on berengar mirror to help questers. just dont be lazy, if the game became easier, it would be a boring piece of crap

1 minute ago, Jollier said:

i have made my statements clear

my brother in Christ, your better argument so far was "take your meds, honey <3 i love you xoxo :vp-hearts:"

4 minutes ago, Khrone said:

"take your meds,

yes, take your meds was my main argument

5 minutes ago, Godsbane said:

Haha, said like a true level 20 or lower character. That's your choice to remain at that level.

even lvl 32 only need 57k experience from lvl 1 -_-!

Edited by Jollier

Fix this skill percentage for rogue. it says 25% here and in the test server it says %1. As if 25% wasn't low enough. Rogue has no resist skill, no shield, no dmg reduct, no significant debuffs besides accu reduction. 

Give it some type of way to defend itself or a simple heal that dont require too many clicks because right now it dies before it can even heal itself simply because it can't defend itself. Dodge just isnt enought anymore. Do not give Rogue more dmg. Give it more defense/survivability. It's as simple as that @Dr Strange @Holmes

Screenshot_20230605-171905_Gallery.jpg

3 minutes ago, Shax said:

Give it some type of way to defend itself or a simple heal that dont require too many clicks because right now it dies before it can even heal itself simply because it can't defend itself. Dodge just isnt enought anymore. Do not give Rogue more dmg. Give it more defense/survivability.

While I am not a rogue expert, but even seeker (which is pretty much supposed to be a rogue's mirror) has better survivability from its talents. Devs, please give it a thought if you may. Thank you!

But in the end, I'd say try and adapt to changing circumstances.

35 minutes ago, Godsbane said:

You cant really adapt when rogue is falling with each update deeper and deeper to #####. There was already a huge gap between Rogue and Rest dmg classes in every Aspect of the game. With this Update its going even deeper. 

Look how much damage is already in game, look at damage of each Character, and now go play against it with 0 deff. skills.  

You cant adapt to this. 

37 minutes ago, Godsbane said:

While I am not a rogue expert, but even seeker (which is pretty much supposed to be a rogue's mirror) has better survivability from its talents. Devs, please give it a thought if you may. Thank you!

They could pretty much have created a Dodge focused branch for the Rogue, but instead, all 3 branches are pure damage

2 minutes ago, Khrone said:

They could pretty much have created a Dodge focused branch for the Rogue, but instead, all 3 branches are pure damage

That is what I could get behind, if I were a rogue main. But the potential was there to make something totally innovative in terms of survivability. Rogues do lack that.

20 minutes ago, Khrone said:

16 minutes ago, Godsbane said:

That is what I could get behind, if I were a rogue main. But the potential was there to make something totally innovative in terms of survivability. Rogues do lack that.

It is what every Rogue been demanding honestly, every update is just a bit more "dmg" when that has proven to be ineffective for rogue. A simple Resist skill not even as strong as bd resist, or a guaranteed dodge instead of a percentage based dodge would make it stable as a class. I'd be willing to discuss these further with devs to make them more balanced in game. 

The rogue forum section is also filled with people complaining and desperate for a proper fix for this class, just take a look at it

The feedback of the community is strong with rogue, alot of people including myself would support the game even further if such changes came to happen

Edited by Shax