In-game moderation

Ikafati

We really need it. The chat is filled with spammers, account traders, racists and offensive comments. Therefore, people get mad, hacked, come to the forums and just cause unnecessary trouble. Forum was a messy place before mods were chosen to monitor threads and it fixed lots of problems and made this place nicer. Why not select some mods for in-game monitoring? Ask us to fill a similar form to apply, select the players in a way, so that there is at least 1 mod online most of the time and who seem legit. If a selected mod misbehaves, simply punish him. IMO, this would help everyone

You know that this has been suggested and I do not think they will do anything about it, I report spammers and account sellers using bug reporter, yes you can use it for doing that. I hope they implement this idea.

We really need it. The chat is filled with spammers, account traders, racists and offensive comments. Therefore, people get mad, hacked, come to the forums and just cause unnecessary trouble. Forum was a messy place before mods were chosen to monitor threads and it fixed lots of problems and made this place nicer. Why not select some mods for in-game monitoring? Ask us to fill a similar form to apply, select the players in a way, so that there is at least 1 mod online most of the time and who seem legit. If a selected mod misbehaves, simply punish him. IMO, this would help everyone

Russian forum also forgotten these topics.... but the administration's response is.... moderators will not be in the game and the point....

If anything, forum mods should be the ones to become in-game mods, well most of us (unless they choose AiGrind staff)

we were already approved for forum and are trusted (again, most of us)

and I believe theres at least 1 forum mod who plays in each of the servers

If anything, forum mods should be the ones to become in-game mods, well most of us (unless they choose AiGrind staff)

we were already approved for forum and are trusted (again, most of us)

and I believe theres at least 1 forum mod who plays in each of the servers

i cant imagine the sell accounts mutes lel bq58.gif

In game mod is a horrible idea. and anyone that likes that is very short sighted. You probably also vote for your government to pass more laws in your country..

This is needed. Sorry. There are many scammers, acc traders(acc traders who scam isn't that bad, but still bad), spammers, propangandists, and many other threads. Despite the opinion of the players inside, and the mute function, such a toxic envirement has to be dealt with a iron fist.

At least there has to be a report, or a votemute/voteban

However the ingame mods should be newly voted for. Not that nice if forum mods get ingame mods too. Too much might for them is too much.

Misuse of this status should be dealt with eternal ban. Yes. For the ingame mod.

Edited by MCocktail

It would have been much more better to see something like this. 2 moderators on each server would be great. But in my opinion these moderators should only have the right to mute someone because banning is much more complicated. I would have suggested me and Poley in US - Sapphire since we play there a very long time and mecha, sulla any many other people to moderate the other servers. I believe that atleast being able to mute people incase they try to sell/exchange accounts in world chat or swearing to peoples religion etc. will work much better in our servers especially for these days.

It will be a big responsibility and it will solve many problems in our servers.

And it won't be too much for us forum moderators because we also play the game very often and we can see whats going on in forum and in-game so that makes us look from a better perspective.

Edited by Legionn

We (in RU) also ask that, but we were told that the moderators in the chat will not be. It's too bad that mess in the chat can see minors :( Any society, including the game society needs to be adjusted, otherwise it will be fall in the darkness of vulgarity and aggression

I report spammers and account sellers using bug reporter, yes you can use it for doing that. I hope they implement this idea.

Oh,I didn't know that.

I don't agree. its like if someone was stalkin' me all the time in WC

Edited by {[RédSèéKéR]}

Lol Forum Mods go In-Game Mods too!  
Btw although i like this idea that we have to get mods on game but they are too few. 
Also we can't trust people even though they are the nicest and seem innocent...

Also they should have started this a long time ago when this was still in beta.
But isn't it annoying? a few mods!(in each server) get spammed by annoying retards!(Game Mods against the world)

Edited by Sеduce

Terrible idea. It MIGHT only work if they choose AIGRIND staff people who doesn't play the game. Seriously, choosing one of these forum moderators who play the game, to have more power in game than other players, prone to emotions and biased actions. NO THANK YOU. This game has enough drama already.

Edited by nabnecro

Terrible idea. It MIGHT only work if they choose AIGRIND staff people who doesn't play the game. Seriously, choosing one of these forum moderators who play the game, to have more power in game than other players, prone to human emotions and biased actions. NO THANK YOU.

If you want to talk about "power" we already have that here and in-game. People ask us many questions and sometimes they even give their information to us but we ignore them. Thats why we are chosen. Thats why we are the moderators here.

Nice idea, but it's really hard to be implemented. Only some ppls who become the mods? Its to few to handle thousands players everyday flood the chat. But if too many ppls become the mods, it will cause misusing of the power as aigrind staff. You know that only few ppls can that can be trusted. If there are mistakes in mute or banning the players, the mods will be the guilty person. No matter what, aigrind also hard to manage it.

As redseeker's remarks, the players will feel that they are stalked everyday and everytime in the game.

There is something in-game that is called: "ignore". So funny neither one of us seems to recognise it... So weird, don't you think?

There is something in-game that is called: "ignore". So funny neither one of us seems to recognise it... So weird, don't you think?

What we are talking here is something against rules and they should be punished. By developers or assigned moderators it doesn't matter, they should be punished. 

This needs some clarification

1. You won't be able to completely BAN people. Probably mute only (maybe should've refrazed the title but whatever)

2. Using your mod powers for your personal use would be a punishable offence and should range from a mute to a permaban. Reports with clear proof should be provided

3. Devs would choose the in-game mods like they chose forum mods. We trust them (most of I guess) and I don't see why you wouldn't trust an in-game mod

4. If you can tell how this is a bad idea, I'll give you a cookie. Please clarify your arguments

And yes, this has been suggested before, just like 90% of other suggestions, but I think if people keep suggesting stuff and others support it, it's obviously a good and needed thing

Edited by Shilan

This needs some clarification

1. You won't be able to completely BAN people. Probably mute only (maybe should've refrazed the title but whatever)

2. Using your mod powers for your personal use would be a punishable offence and should range from a mute to a permaban. Reports with clear proof should be provided

3. Devs would choose the in-game mods like they chose forum mods. We trust them (most of I guess) and I don't see why you wouldn't trust an in-game mod

4. If you can tell how this is a bad idea, I'll give you a cookie. Please clarify your arguments

Can you give me the cookie without tell you how this idea is bad?

Terrible idea. It MIGHT only work if they choose AIGRIND staff people who doesn't play the game. Seriously, choosing one of these forum moderators who play the game, to have more power in game than other players, prone to emotions and biased actions. NO THANK YOU. This game enough drama already.

Allowing one player to have "moderating" (mute, ban or whatever) power over other players is not practiced in any commercial game for the same reason you shouldn't let a contestant of a drawing contest  be the judge. No smart person will give credibility to your actions and choices, unless of course you are his/her friend. People are biased by nature. Cmon guys don't make me explain obvious things.

Edited by nabnecro

Allowing one player to have "moderating" (mute, ban or whatever) power over other players is not practiced in any commercial game for the same reason you shouldn't let a contestant of a drawing contest  be the judge. No smart person will give credibility to your actions and choices, unless of course you are his/her friend. People are biased by nature. Cmon guys don't make me explain obvious things.

When it comes to be your job. You shouldn't use your personal matters. Thats what we do in forum and we can do that in-game. 

We already have the right to mute, ban "or whatever" someone in forum and we never used it for personal matters. We give reasons for each of them and if we get the right in-game we will have to give evidence.

There are many games that allow trusted players moderate the game (one of the biggest games runescape etc.)

The power we want is to mute people who don't obey to the community rules its not the same thing as choosing someone to win a miracle coin prize (which is bougth by real money and that makes alot difference).

But whatever it is, I don't know you but a job and friendship is totally a different thing for us and I believe many more. If you can't mute a friend that doesn't obey the rules (If you had the right) then you don't belong here and you shouldn't have that right in your hands.

Edited by Legionn

im not against in game moderation but yet im not with it, its simple because its not neccessary for an ingame moderation, if u want to talk about the against the rules to curse someone or something than use ur ignore button to block the person, here lets say some cases:

he creates multiple accounts to keep spamming u stuff, the mod mute works same as the ignore but personal

i might change my mind about it but give me some cases where an in game mod can be efficient in a new way without having bad side effects :)

When it comes to be your job. You shouldn't use your personal matters. Thats what we do in forum and we can do that in-game. 

We already have the right to mute, ban "or whatever" someone in forum and we never used it for personal matters. We give reasons for each of them and if we get the right in-game we will have to give evidence.

There are many games that allow trusted players moderate the game (one of the biggest games runescape etc.)

The power we want is to mute people who don't obey to the community rules its not the same thing as choosing someone to win a miracle coin prize (which is bougth by real money and that makes alot difference).

But whatever it is, I don't know you but a job and friendship is totally a different thing for us and I believe many more. If you can't mute a friend that doesn't obey the rules (If you had the right) then you don't belong here and you shouldn't have that right in your hands.

You speak for yourself and as far as I have observed, yes you are a good moderator but the same can't be said about all the other moderators here.

For example I already saw moderator deleting other moderators posts and their arguing about that. Also I already got banned on forum once without breaking any rules. Clearly there are some moderators here who are not mature enough to do their job properly. Buts that's ok, this is bearable because this is only a forum, not the actual game, so we can live with immature moderators. But if I have to be at mercy of biased and immature moderators INSIDE the game, that's completely different story and I see no reason for AIGRIND to risk it's reputation by doing that. If you all worried about spamming in game chat, they should just implement a better filtering and flood protection. No human moderating required for that.

Edited by nabnecro

You don't know whats happens in our views (section) nabnecro so im sure you cant judge the Situation , why me and swaaz stand to eachother in this way, but i can tell you , if you know the history you would understand what "abusing modpower" means but i don't want to go in detail because im about to spark something or this post will be removed because of saying my opinion,

Anyway im sure there if ingame moderation would exists which would be done by a handful it would be easy trackable in any kind of action

As legionn mentioned above some of us actually divorce friends ,personal feelings and job/hobby/work

As i can say for myself i stand for Fairness for everyone , so i would sacrifice anything to Do my job in a fairway even if it means to stop playing and overwatch the ingame communication

I am sure many people here can confirm that im a neutral person in such called" biased Situations", even when sympatic people get judged

Rules are Rules

Yes powley, you are another moderator which I think is adequate (I just cited that situation but it wasn't with intent to criticize you specifically). But again, not all moderators are fair and unbiased. Also, we are all human and even the best moderator in the world can make a mistake in a bad day. And that's why I think human moderation should be avoided at all expenses when there's other solutions.

Problem is , if you use a System like an autoscript to avoid These sort of spammors ,the system knows no pardon and if the script does a mistake it won't realize it

Example: "a person says an sentence about Account selling/buying tradeing and the anti sell System recognize it as a threat mute/ban this person while he/she isnt guilty"

This System would not recognize it mistakes, this is why other games allows these sort of ingame moderation alias Gamemasters

As i mentioned Before many times ago a moderator should be here to help in a neutral way

Means same rights for everyone

Example: bought/sold Accounts deserve a ban no matter of the mcoin spendings or the Account creation locations

I am sure this problem will be solved One day

im not against in game moderation but yet im not with it, its simple because its not neccessary for an ingame moderation, if u want to talk about the against the rules to curse someone or something than use ur ignore button to block the person, here lets say some cases:

he creates multiple accounts to keep spamming u stuff, the mod mute works same as the ignore but personal

i might change my mind about it but give me some cases where an in game mod can be efficient in a new way without having bad side effects :)

Ignore works only for your account - others still see it and it's bad. The game is constantly growing and newer players get scammed on a daily basis.

@nabnecro, you're literally implying that moderation is bad in general, which is just plain stupid. There are plenty of games with in-game moderation and the chat there is squeaky clean

Also, tired of repeating that mods can be punished by devs. Think logically

Edited by Shilan

u do nothing but biased bans/deletions

Wow you actually answer?

You know you are the only one who profit from the Forum crash ? You missused your abbility to supress others people opinion and acted on ur own and ur biased opinions of punishment

You should have been removed long ago 80% of the mod Team agrees

Last forumlayout you weren't allowed to report/ban ? You know why

Your the only one who profit from the new Forum System swaaz, still you haven't changed by deleting mine posts, official topics about yourself

But nevermind i wont continue turning this topic into cancer-mode cause i went With you through endless/pointless discussion and poluted enough topics With it

Nevermind : ps where did mechas old Post went ? *cough*

Wow you actually answer?

You know you are the only one who profit from the Forum crash ? You missused your abbility to supress others people opinion and acted on ur own and ur biased opinions of punishment

Your the only one who profit from the new Forum System swaaz, still you haven't changed by deleting mine posts, official topics about yourself

But nevermind i wont continue turning this topic into cancer-mode cause i went With you through endless/pointless discussion and poluted enough topics With it

pls

@nabnecro, you're literally implying that moderation is bad in general, which is just plain stupid. There are plenty of games with in-game moderation and the chat there is squeaky clean

Also, we are all human and even the best moderator in the world can make a mistake in a bad day. And that's why I think human moderation should be avoided at all expenses when there's other solutions.

Suggestion seems valid, could agree on the fact a poll will be held on who moderates wich server/faction.

Possibly, as addition to your suggestion can there be multiple P-mods assigned?

@shilan

Also, why my point is a valid concern.

Wow you actually answer?

Only the forum mods and noobs like this idea. IT IS A HORRIBLE IDEA, and i will oppose it vehemently. You power hungry keyboard warriors need to play the game more and stop trying to control things. We dont need in game mods. WTF.

Scamming is not a big problem, nor is chat spamming. Ignore button works fine, and it is VERY EASY to avoid scammers unles youre a total idiot or already doing something that game doesnt allow.

BAD IDEA IS BADDDDDDDDDDDDD

Oh yeah, like there totally isn't a list where you can make sure you don't hear a guy chat anymore, totally nothing like that. Hey you should suggest an ignore list! Wait, there already is one? Well there you go, problem fuсking solved, stop trying to turn Warspear into one of those pussy ass games that don't allow free chat.

I have not seen 1 good reason to have moderation. Any chat problems bothinging you can be fixed with the ignore list, if you agree to this either youre stupid or ignorant of the ignore list. Lemme tell you: theres an ignore list, there, now we dont need moderation.

'Erikalt' used to be racist to all black ppls lol.

I'm agree if Legionn become one of the mod.

It would be good if the ones who become mods are pure aigrind staffs who don't play, just do 'moderating' , so they would be more focused.

I disagree with legions idea of him and poley should be two fair people (not saying poley isnt fair) also on that note both play Elf and Poley rarely plays and deleted her druid soooo.. How about fresh faces i think its a bad idea im general.

dude it will just go to whoever uses the most fake profile pictures to get gender-specific attention/support, i for one dont want a hierarchy forming based on who flirts with the most admins. should go to hired staff members

need i remind you 100% of every warspear poll was rigged, i can dig up the history books if you havnt been enlightened on such an issue

Not our problem, they will be selected by admins anyway.

Even if they choose to select (players) by gender/sexuality or whatever then you should question the chosen person aswell.

give it a nice visual inspection I'd say.