Your decisions:  

36 members have voted

1. 1. So what exactly is your favorite?

• Random weather and seasons, yes!
    • Time cycles
    • Easter event
    • Other/different idea, that has to do with this
    • None of above/disagree

So I have been thinking about this for a very long time. I was always wondering why the game didn't have any seasons/weather etc... I thought it would cause too many crashes, but with all the high-end gadgets we all have now, it would be possible to add multiple weather conditions like rain, fog, and sunshine... So, let's get started!

Random weather, what is it and how does it work?

• Basically, it's just a weather condition like fog, snow (in the winters), rain, thunder... It actually has some effect on how the game looks, the gameplay etc.
  • Rain should be, regular rain. When it occurs, there will be small/large ponds, filled with water. You can walk over it without any problems. The only thing that changes, is the texture of the map.
  • During rain, all fire based skills, for example ranger's fire arrow, will have a small decrease in damage. In percents, ofcourse (Idea by Tiberium).
  • Snow: in certain areas on Godgorrath, and, ofcourse, the Snow Boundaries. It's like normal snow, and your footsteps will be left behind you, dissapearing within 5 seconds or some longer or shorter. This also won't give any problems while walking over it.
  • Fog: The whole screen gets brighter, making it a bit more difficult to see where you walk. Walking through will give a small invisibility bonus (while actually going a bit invisible), meaning you will have a small attack boost. Like 5% extra damage or something.
  • Cloudy: The player will see some cloudy textures hovering over the map. This will give some ethos to the game. Aahhh.... So beautiful...
  • Sunshine. The same condition as cloudy, but will actually add some sun effects and will bright up the screen on certain areas. 
  • Thunder(storm): Cloudy, the screen is darkened a bit and you will see lightflashes on your screen (Please add an option to turn it off for epileptic people, as you will probably know why). Sometimes lightning will strike on the map, and will cause a/some yard(s) to be set on fire. Walking through it will cause damage, and if you escaped the fire, it keeps causing damage for 15 seconds.
  • If a litghtning charge will hit the player, it will deal up to 50% of the player's health/an exact amount of damage.
  • During Thunderstorms, all electricity based skills e.g. lightning blast will have a boost in percentages (Also Tiberium's idea).
  • So I know that the older devices can't handle these weather effects. There should be an in-game option for turning weather off (or atleast several conditions). Weather won't appear in the lite versions of the game though (Forgot to add, thanks to Absalom for a friendly reminder).

So that is what the random weather is all about. As I said in the title, I will give some more suggestions, beginning with seasons.

So what exactly are seasons? How will they affect the game?

• Seasons will affect the gameplay a little bit, and will fit into the random weather.
  • Spring: Most of the time it's sunny, with some rain through it. The land is just how it should be.
  • Summer: Watch out! You're burning yourself (not a feature, for those who thought so). It's hot out there! It's the whole time sunny, with frequent thunderstorms.
  • Autumn: It's raining with some fog, and the soil is muddy.
  • Winter: Heavy snow with dense fog on the warmer areas of Arinar.

That is kind of the seasons suggestion, next will follow!

Time cycles; Night and day.

• ​Time cycles are all about what the time is. The time in-game is exactly the same as the time on the main server (Yes! The same time in all the servers!).
  • Day: Will be like how the game looks like right now.
  • Evening: The screen is getting a little bit darker, and the lights in the buildings will be put on.
  • Night: The screen is at 50% of it's normal brightness (On PC: only the game screen).
  • Morning: Basically the reverse of "Evening".

Easter event idea will be hidden under the spoiler, because it's not the most popular addition, and I understand that. Also to save space.

That were the time/weather suggestions. The following suggestion is an event: Easter.

• This event is all about collecting eggs, which can be found on every map or even an event map! You can exchange those eggs for so called "Egg points", and you can buy unique costumes like the easter bunny and unique skins for your weapons, and food.
  • Some costumes include: -Easter Bunny, could look like Bugs Bunny and Egg warrior(ess).
  • Some skins: Egg shield, Easter Sword and Lollipop (for staffs),
  • Food: All kinds of chocolate, giving status effects like instant health, health regen, etc.

Funny how the easter event is "sort of" added in the game:)

That was all of them, any feedback and opinions are appreciated:)

Edited by Nosotraes

Idk about times of day or easter but weather effects sounds cool~if there was a thunderstorm shamans ball lightning and druids lightning strike will be op=X

Some may think it's dumb or useless adding weather\time effects but, that is a good idea of increasing gameplay interactvity, since we won't be always looking to the same view all time (it's as good as putting some epic music!), think about Pokémon game series, that small change in G\S\C (adding time of day) did not only add more fun to game, but also better dynamics, because you could find different nice things regarding the ToD (time of day). By the way, adding weather effects could also change some mechanics like, ie. During thunderstoms any eletric-based (ie. Shaman's stunning move) attack's effectiveness would be increased X%, or during rain any fire-based attacks (ie. Mage's Fireball) would be decreased X%. Those are some nice ideas you could think about adding to game, because it would add lot of fun to gameplay. Thanks for reading (if you read that all), Tiberium.

I did make a post similar to that but I am sure it now lost but I 200% agree but no another event cuz it destroy the economy off the game

Edited by Kitige

The night and day cycle has been suggested and rejected by some other players before, and I disagree on all ideas because I don't like them much.

Thank you for appreciating my opinion! :)

Edited by Bugs Bunny

This has been suggested and rejected by r0land and some other players before, and I disagree on all ideas because I don't like them much.

Since when is it so hard to convince bugs bunny?

I don't know.

This has been suggested and rejected by r0land and some other players before, and I disagree on all ideas because I don't like them much.

Thanks for the feedback, but could you give us a small screenshot of the topic where R0land rejected it?

Also thanks everyone for the feedback:)

I don't know.

Thanks for the feedback, but could you give us a small screenshot of the topic where R0land rejected it?

Also thanks everyone for the feedback:)

My bad, he didn't, or maybe the topic got deleted by the maintenance.

• 1 month later...

implement all of this and symbian dead :

I never knew that Symbian is so weak.

There should be an option to turn it on and off.

Actually it's not the problem of OS, but most of the mobiles running symbian don't have suitable hardware to process this much graphics.

Actually it's not the problem of OS, but most of the mobiles running symbian don't have suitable hardware to process this much graphics.

Lagposting

Guess three times why I included an option to turn it off ;)

Ninjamato, I explained everything here, in the spoiler:)

I dont know about the weather affecting gameplay, but this game really needs cool visuals so great idea

• Basically, it's just a weather condition like fog, snow (in the winters), rain, thunder... It actually has some effect on how the game looks, the gameplay etc.
  • Rain should be, regular rain. When it occurs, there will be small/large ponds, filled with water. You can walk over it without any problems. The only thing that changes, is the texture of the map.
  • During rain, all fire based skills, for example ranger's fire arrow, will have a small decrease in damage. In percents, ofcourse (Idea by Tiberium).
  • Snow: in certain areas on Godgorrath, and, ofcourse, the Snow Boundaries. It's like normal snow, and your footsteps will be left behind you, dissapearing within 5 seconds or some longer or shorter. This also won't give any problems while walking over it.
  • Fog: The whole screen gets brighter, making it a bit more difficult to see where you walk. Walking through will give a small invisibility bonus (while actually going a bit invisible), meaning you will have a small attack boost. Like 5% extra damage or something.
  • Cloudy: The player will see some cloudy textures hovering over the map. This will give some ethos to the game. Aahhh.... So beautiful...
  • Sunshine. The same condition as cloudy, but will actually add some sun effects and will bright up the screen on certain areas. 
  • Thunder(storm): Cloudy, the screen is darkened a bit and you will see lightflashes on your screen (Please add an option to turn it off for epileptic people, as you will probably know why). Sometimes lightning will strike on the map, and will cause a/some yard(s) to be set on fire. Walking through it will cause damage, and if you escaped the fire, it keeps causing damage for 15 seconds.
  • If a litghtning charge will hit the player, it will deal up to 50% of the player's health/an exact amount of damage.
  • During Thunderstorms, all electricity based skills e.g. lightning blast will have a boost in percentages (Also Tiberium's idea).
  • So I know that the older devices can't handle these weather effects. There should be an in-game option for turning weather off (or atleast several conditions). Weather won't appear in the lite versions of the game though (Forgot to add, thanks to Absalom for a friendly reminder).

AND is not included in light version  ;)  ;)  ;)

Of course not. Instead, it needs an option to view what kind of weather is active at the moment.

Edited by Nosotraes

I don't think there should be conditions like this in game where the player can't actually control them :) I bet someone would start whining about it and how it ruins his gameplay  ;D

I don't think there should be conditions like this in game where the player can't actually control them :) I bet someone would start whining about it and how it ruins his gameplay  ;D

I haven't seen any of those comments:) Good news!

Lol, my reply got posted 3 times :o can some mod delete two of them, idk how to :P

You can click 'Report to moderator' or 'Report' in the footer. Then write what you want report to (e.g : I'm sorry, i did a multipost. Please delete this post. Ty!) This works on me.

Anyway, i'd love to see the weather features like rain, tornado, etc. It would be great. But surely it'd need a big memory data.

Edited by Lee Hye Rin

Anyway, i'd love to see the weather features like rain, tornado, etc. It would be great. But surely it'd need a big memory data.

I have seen games with 4mb of weather options. Shouldn't be too big, right?

If they add weather effects, maybe lightning gonna unstealth rogues :blink:  vote no mcs :lol:, just kidding, I still think it would be cool, but it would only be available for newer devices.

If they add weather effects, maybe lightning gonna unstealth rogues :blink:  vote no mcs :lol:, just kidding, I still think it would be cool, but it would only be available for newer devices.

You gave me a reminder to add an option to turn it off :blush:

• 1 month later...

weather conditions should not affect the players,if u played GBA games like pokemon,Zelda u will know how gud they look it brings a whole new scenery

Soooo, do you like it?

• 2 months later...

May be hard, yes. Maybe if there would be a single player mode and Warspear will support single player mods, I might be able to create this. MIGHT.

weather conditions should not affect the players,if u played GBA games like pokemon,Zelda u will know how gud they look it brings a whole new scenery

Yes Pokemon black :[ GTA alsooo

• 1 month later...

Whilst looking through this, again, I thought of something to make this suggestion better "compatible" with Symbian/lite version users.

We all know the map. In the Map menu, there should be an option called "weather", which shows the weather all over the map.

When the weather changes, INFO text including the new weather condition(s) will appear.

Edited by Nosotraes