Power of the earth rework suggestion

Power of the earth is very useless skill in shamans kit, Even ancestors hand has some use in arena as it can be lifesaving skill but this here is just pointless. The casting of the skill and the application of the skill on the character in between there is some micro seconds lag. 20 seconds is just not enough.

Power of the earth skill at its launch:

image.png.70126c4373d8fe9b610bdb70998e3f58.png

Power of the earth skill right now:
image.thumb.png.9c00fd88e2498241b3288bf8490df0ab.png

I some how managed to get the info on how the skill used to work in its initial days. When comparing the current rework of the skill with its previous one, the previous one did had low hp buff of 25% increase but atleast it used to last 50 seconds, 20 seconds is nothing.

Lightning shield already lost its duration from 40 seconds to 20 seconds, dont need another skill with 20 seconds.
The health decrease by 10% of the added one is another big factor why this skill is useless. Whats the point of having increase in hp if it doesnt even gonna last for a decent duration. 
Please completely remove this mechanic.
This skill needs a rework again, maybe revert it back to how it was back in the days.

Or

My Suggestion:

Skill level 1 2 3 4
HP Increase 10% 15% 20% 30%
Skill duration 10 seconds 20 seconds 30 seconds 40 seconds
Edited by Venkery

It could be a nice rework but maybe skill duration at max level is a bit too much ; maybe it should cap at lvl 4 at around 25-30 seconds max ; as by your suggestion the "hp increase" won't decay anymore.

Edited by SaltyCoffe

8 minutes ago, SaltyCoffe said:

It could be a nice rework but maybe skill duration at max level is a bit too much ; maybe it should cap at lvl 4 at around 25-30 seconds max ; as by your suggestion the "hp increase" won't decay anymore.

i think the skill duration over the cooldown at max level is to allow to cycle the buff like the armor deffense boost does, which can be fine if the health boost is propely tuned, the problem is being how much more capable how living the affected people be.
but i will give off my personal idea which is rather than having the hp increase as a main course have the hp regen being boosted up
toning down the hp boost to 15% at max level but giving off 30% more hp regen along with decreasing the tick distance between each regen by 40% (making it 3secs/tick) making it only that builds which includes hp regen in their kits to gain a true value out of it (making it an extra hp regen source like the passive heal, take in account by the skill alone on a tank with a lil hp regen in their kit can take it to 220hp/3sec not taking in account additional boosts) with the deathknight having the best combo with secret reserve which would turn it into an extra life.
but it has 2 problems
1. pvp strenght (most 2v2, phoenix dk combo)
2. no pve content that would require that much healing boost (not even raidbosses are being threathening anymore)
but it can work as an alternative to the healing totem in exchange of effective area and being single target and working as a second passive heal buff.
remember that there a limited amount of skillpoints and therefore the skill will require something else to be taken down.

6 hours ago, lore said:

i think the skill duration over the cooldown at max level is to allow to cycle the buff like the armor deffense boost does, which can be fine if the health boost is propely tuned, the problem is being how much more capable how living the affected people be.
but i will give off my personal idea which is rather than having the hp increase as a main course have the hp regen being boosted up
toning down the hp boost to 15% at max level but giving off 30% more hp regen along with decreasing the tick distance between each regen by 40% (making it 3secs/tick) making it only that builds which includes hp regen in their kits to gain a true value out of it (making it an extra hp regen source like the passive heal, take in account by the skill alone on a tank with a lil hp regen in their kit can take it to 220hp/3sec not taking in account additional boosts) with the deathknight having the best combo with secret reserve which would turn it into an extra life.
but it has 2 problems
1. pvp strenght (most 2v2, phoenix dk combo)
2. no pve content that would require that much healing boost (not even raidbosses are being threathening anymore)
but it can work as an alternative to the healing totem in exchange of effective area and being single target and working as a second passive heal buff.
remember that there a limited amount of skillpoints and therefore the skill will require something else to be taken down.

I like the concept reminds me of druids invigorating stream skill as that skill is permanent and provides passive heal.

this skill needs to be revised for both the paladin and the shaman (since they are the same skills).

maybe increase buff duration and remove % loss effect every second. making it just a HP + healing buff. could be something like the Otherworldly blessing, from the charmers

12 hours ago, Salazam said:

this skill needs to be revised for both the paladin and the shaman (since they are the same skills).

maybe increase buff duration and remove % loss effect every second. making it just a HP + healing buff. could be something like the Otherworldly blessing, from the charmers

maybe the paladin could instead have an healing recived buff on the target rather than healing, making it different from shaman's but still being an valuable tanking skill due to the extra healing recived along with the bigger health bar, making it more effective (the extra healing recived allows for a faster recover and counters the fact that more health is just some more thing to burn trough), possibly instead of being able to cast on allies make it an active skill on self? which would increase their value as a tank, the hp will give a good boost regardless of the presence of an healer and the boost will help the paladin make the extra health just to dont make the skill an "extra stuff to burn trough" skill but instead one that actually increases the survivability of the paladin, it could also come with a minore buff to another skill to allow a combo but im going off topic now

HP on the paladin isn't just something to burn, it's something quite valuable actually. by shield and passive, the skills of the shaman and paladin are the same today, if one receives any changes the other must be adjusted in the same way.

On 5/10/2023 at 3:41 PM, Salazam said:

HP on the paladin isn't just something to burn, it's something quite valuable actually. by shield and passive, the skills of the shaman and paladin are the same today, if one receives any changes the other must be adjusted in the same way.

indeed, but i tought it having would bring it more value and make it more of an hp tank than a dmg red. tank, which would allow to gain value from their teammate's healing power more tha  other classes to fuel their increased healthbar rather than having their most valuable use is to wombo combo with the barrier or a mere pocket heal