Penalize people who use secondary accounts to boost arena rank

nabnecro

Hello dear development team. I play on US-Sapphire and Im very unpleased to what is happening on 2v2 and 3v3 ranking.

Since 2v2 and 3v3 (level 24) are always empty on Sapphire, people are making a party to lose on purpose while the other party repeatedly kills their naked afk characters using great gladiator elixir. All top ranks on 2v2 and 3v3 do that. On other online games people get banned if they do this kind of action. Can you think of anything for the following seasons to prevent this bullshit? It is very lame when you reward people who spend more time and tickets in the game instead of people who actually deserves it for being better than others.

One idea I had is there should be Arena Points and RANKING POINTS. Arena points stays the way it is now, you get some even if you lose and you use that to buy arena items. Now you only get RANKING POINTS when you win and the amount depends on the RANKING POINTS of the team you fought. It means characters you use for boosting will have LOW RANKING POINTS, so using then to boost your main characters would be inefficient or impossible. Also, arena rewards go to people with most RANKING POINTS instead of arena points, how's that sound? Most modern games use this type of ranking system.

Another suggestion to ease this problem is to temporarily ban from arena demands (15 minutes or so), anyone who lost 10 times in a row.

I really wish AIGRIND can think about a solution for this, thanks.

Edited by nabnecro

Yeah, it's really annoying (sometimes...)

The sentence 'everything needs sacrifice' rules on this issue... They need to pay more and also sacrifice their another chars to develop the other ones.

This isn't a new development, for the lower level brackets using this method is actually the only way to get demands in 3v3 and 5v5. 

Also, you mention "people who deserve it for being better then others," sadly that is not how warspear works. #1 in arena means you spammed more then everyone else, thats about it. I think I deserve the rank I currently hold. however in the past most season winners were arguably NOT the best in arena.. they just had unlimited tickets & glad pots and most importantly MORE TIME to keep pressing "demand" then the other competitors. 

Edited by absalom

^^ Agreed So what if someone makes a losing pt

Doesnt harm you Does it? if you want #1 Arena oppose them When they demand and win And spam along against them and do the same thing as them.. Its the game i see no problem with how it is

I do see the problem, but the arena season competition has many problems. I just meant that its already basically pay-to-win, and this topic just showcases a more extreme example of it.

-Set a limit on demands, so it's not based on who spams the most

-Don't award AP toward rank for losses

Do those two things and maybe we have a real competition to see who can form the best party. But this is cashspear... my as well make yourself cozy the way it is.

Edited by absalom

"Think on the commercial way"

Their is nothing new in the fact that peoples buy their top place :

AMP, tickets and gladiators.

Miracle coins in common.

Yea, then we will see many players leaving the game (low levels) and not demanding to arena just because they loose everytime.

AP has to be kept as it is

WHat if you just count the number of wins in a season? Not like Xarenascrubx won 1st place with 102M AP, but with 50k wins in this season!

Read what I said more carefully.

I didnt suggest removing AP for loss, i said remove AP TOWARDS RANK. Its different. Would prevent people from farm losses for rank, which is another big problem.

I suppose it is off-topic, sorry. Like others have suggested if someone loses 10x in a certain amount of time they should be banned from arena demands for the next 15mins or so.

I play in EU-Emerald, in all arena levels from, 19-20, 21-22, 23-24 (2x2 and 5x5) that's all you see, 1 pt wining and the other afk... guilds there uses this tool to get GP... specially on 5x5 

It's quite expensive and make the ppl spend a lot of miracle coins!

That's why, in my opinion they wont make anything to change that...  :clapping:

I didnt suggest removing AP for loss, i said remove AP TOWARDS RANK.

Ahhh! I see what ya mean now. If you lose, you still get arena points but your rank won't increase by the amount of arena points you got from losing.

Yeah, small addition but agreed.

I think that there is ONE good way to be top in Arena Seasons. Ur AP ONLY COMES FROM UR DAILY ARENA FIGHTS. So even if u do more, it will not be registered on the Championship.

One idea I had is there should be Arena Points and RANKING POINTS. Arena points stays how it is now, you get some even if you lose and you use that to buy arena items. Now you only get RANKING POINTS when you win and the amount depends on the RANKING POINTS of the team you fought. It means character you use for boosting will have LOW RANKING POINTS, so using then to boost your main characters would be inneficient or impossible. Also, arena rewards go to people with most RANKING POINTS instead of arena points, how's that sound? Most modern games use this type of ranking system.

Edited by nabnecro

It is annoying, but my answer will be what Nestly said up in her 2nd line.

Has been suggested before and the rejections bated the acceptations.

All top ranks are spamming loser parties right now, and its not because we want to. We have to...

I have played arena with my guys basically every night since the season started (I was in the very first 5v5 arena match for lvl 24 of the season, everyone else on rankings had 0 fights) and we have made a good amount of AP throughout the season thus far. However, someone whose name I wont mention that wasn't even doing 5v5 most of the season is now using the loser pt method in my bracket... and has gained a tremendouos amount of AP in a short time doing so.

Due to this, I must also start using a loser pt or watch all of our hard LEGITIMATE work go down the drain. It's sucky and really needs to be corrected.

*For those that don't understand how a loser party helps: My party basically already wins 90% + of our matches, so we dont really need to fight naked people to win, but it helps because arena demand times are slow... maybe you will get 30-40 matches in 1 hour if you are lucky... with a loser pt you get constant demands, so you can get like 100+ matches in 1 hour. :crazy:

Edited by absalom

Isn't this the same elo system as lol ?

Anyway, it sounds like a good idea, but I don't see why devs would work on something that would reduce their incomes

I dont known because i don't play lol. I don't think it would reduce their incomes because people would still need ranking points, the only thing that would change is that people using loser party method wouldn't get descent ranking points. That means more people would spam arena and play "honest". We all have to admit (including AIGRIND), current ranking system is totally outdated.

Edited by nabnecro

• 1 month later...

I agree with physik. But i also think to help the situation remove the party option and just let it all be random. That way you will need skill because you will be with people lower amp than you and so on everyone gets a chance at winning

A Loser pt is illegitimate, but it has to be used to get to high rankings...

I agree with main idea of this post

I didnt suggest removing AP for loss, i said remove AP TOWARDS RANK. Its different. Would prevent people from farm losses for rank, which is another big problem.

I suppose it is off-topic, sorry. Like others have suggested if someone loses 10x in a certain amount of time they should be banned from arena demands for the next 15mins or so.

Sorry absa, only read now :[

If you wanna complain about amp and shit :[ go post in this suggestion topic :[

http://forum.warspear-online.com/index.php/topic/42383-amplifying-a-great-issue/page-4#entry808806

Edited by MCocktail

Another suggestion to ease this problem is to temporarily ban from arena demands (15 minutes or so), anyone who lost 10 times in a row.

I like this better.

How about:

[This rule does not apply to system made parties (random arena runners)]

If your party (Party A) defeats another party (Party B) 5 times in a row (Or 4 wins 1 loss):

- You will not see that other party(Party B) in arena for 5 minutes.

- This count down will stop after your party (Party A) has entered arena 3 times against other parties or random teams.

- The win to loss count will restart if your party (Party A) fights 2 other teams "in between" the fight against Party B.

(Party A and B are made up scenarios)

Edited by Jigsaw-PZ

How about a completely different system.

Arena qualifier points and arena points.

Arena qualifier points are earnt from each successful victory in arena. +50 per win, +15 per loss etc.

in each arena you also gain the standard amount of arena points per fight.

When you have defeated the same players 3x in a row, you no longer receive qualifier points that go towards your arena ranking anymore for 3hours.

This way you can still get arena points for gear but you cannot farm your alt char.

I think this is the most fair way to go about it.

Something should be done, because it super homo to see people like skynete spamming loser pt in 3v3 never having an actual match with a geared up opponent and will get the same reward as others who are actually using "some" skill to win. Noob tried to take my rank last season with loser pt but we blocked his a$$ and I just used the same tactic to mantain my postion.

Not gonna cite names but last season some people got ranks #1 and #2 on their main chars and ranks #5 #6 with their loser party setup. They abuse the system so much even their characters used only for losing end up doing more arena points than others. That's how ridiculous arena season is now.

Edited by nabnecro

Please keep bumping it. I refuse to play warspear as much with such a ridiculous problem at hand.

Previous arena season ( a year ago) I was top 3v3 on my dk. An hr before season over, people levelled up and stole my rank from lvl 14. (I was top lvl 18)

Ironically they fixed that lvling bs after rewards are given. Oh well. My dk doesn't exist anymore. (Ivyseeker)

I will wait until they do something about this before I come back to warspear.