Translation Document

Thiefmastr

What i want to suggest is just a Text file with all the text which needs to be translated so the game can support this language.

So as u might know many, many people want the game in their own language and are also willing to help with the translation. In one topic (was quite a long time ago) some dev said we should translate it by our own and idk send it in and they will see what they can do or so. But as u devs might know its a great struggle to get all the text which needs to be translated and u could help us to translate the game. And I think if the game supports more languages even more players will play it. It's basically a win-win-situation!

Hope that u consider about this idea :)

Edited by Thiefmastr

Hmmm...... How big would the .txt be? And how many work is it going to be to translate the whole thing, again

and again

and again....

Nope.

About how big would be the txt, a txt with about 500 words (not characters) is about, only, 3KB. And about work, for aigrind, almost nothing, just make a .txt in eng and let the players make your own translation.

So, talking about the total quantity of words and characters, let's see:

572.044 words and 3.016.128 characters, pretty massive job to be done.

Just saying.

Edited by Nosotraes

Actually, This is a nice idea.

U just have to find the lifeless guys doing all the work or you gonna do it in a team

And this?

A option in menu to translate the text. If this is enabled, many other languages are "enabled". But not as real documents libraries or dictionary, but as an insta translation from other services (if they will allow it (google translator??))

Ah but come on :)

Just as an example think two moderators translating the game. It might take a year maybe but not more and it will worth it.

Ah but come on :)

Just as an example think two moderators translating the game. It might take a year maybe but not more and it will worth it.

So we can actually change the language to Dutch or Swahili?

From this statement I conclude that such a document already exists. Why don't put it online and let the players translate it by themselfs. U don't need to use the transaltion of others, but it will be a massive help for u.

What would be a fun thing to do, is to let a program just run through the translation doc and mercilessly google-tranlate them, forming a "translation" within a few minutes.

Also, regarding the UI, "Language" has to become its own panel on its own, and may be designed like this:

[   ] Languages:

[]

[O] Enable Language packages (experimental):

English_Stock.zip

GGLETRANS_GERMAN.zip

GGLETRANS_FRENCH.zip

Pirate_YARR.zip

What would be a fun thing to do, is to let a program just run through the translation doc and mercilessly google-tranlate them, forming a "translation" within a few minutes.

Also, regarding the UI, "Language" has to become its own panel on its own, and may be designed like this:

[   ] Languages:

[]

[O] Enable Language packages (experimental):

English_Stock.zip

GGLETRANS_GERMAN.zip

GGLETRANS_FRENCH.zip

Pirate_YARR.zip

So umm.... You want google translate to do the job? Google translate sucks hard. Very hard. Also: still 572044 words to translate.

So umm.... You want google translate to do the job? Google translate sucks hard. Very hard. Also: still 572044 words to translate.

My plan is to make a program, which forcily just grinds the data through gt, also, i bet 572044 words wont be that long to type with a virtual keyboard

Edited by MCocktail

My plan is to make a program, which forcily just grinds the data through gt, also, i bet 572044 words wont be that long to type with a virtual keyboard

700 words for an essay already takes a long time to be done... Would still be a pretty massive job.

Computers don't know sh*t about grammar

Thats not their purpose. I bet i understand heavily broken german better than perfect russian.

Thats not their purpose. I bet i understand heavily broken german better than perfect russian.

But the main difference between german and russian is that russians use the cyrillian alfabet and germans the latin. But I get your point.

I translated more than that to my language. So I can do it.

I am also a guy who would volunteer for it, but 500k words is a bit..... much.

But the main difference between german and russian is that russians use the cyrillian alfabet and germans the latin. But I get your point.

I am also a guy who would volunteer for it, but 500k words is a bit..... much.

i forgot to say, that i am mongolian. The russians let the mongolians learn cryllic alphabet, thus i should be able to read it.

If you would get 10g per word, would you do it ;)

I kindda like the idead, but agree with Roland that isnt that easy... I've worked on a translation of a manual from English to Portuguese, it have around 100 pages and believe me, is a pain in the A%$

But with some sort of open document where people can access it and suggest better translations.... the problem with open documents is that they are also open to idiots that want to come and put wrong translations on it... 

I kindda like the idead, but agree with Roland that isnt that easy... I've worked on a translation of a manual from English to Portuguese, it have around 100 pages and believe me, is a pain in the A%$

But with some sort of open document where people can access it and suggest better translations.... the problem with open documents is that they are also open to idiots that want to come and put wrong translations on it... 

To be integrated in the game, they have to be carefully observed by the devs anyway.

And if you have that menu like i suggested, you are responsible from the language packs you have downloaded yourself.

What I think what could be implemented is a website where you can select to which language you want to translate and then u can submit ur translation and other users need to vote if they like the translation or if they have any alternative translations and after a certain amount of upvotes or whatever this phrase can be seen as translated and if all phrases are translated it can be put in the game

What I think what could be implemented is a website where you can select to which language you want to translate and then u can submit ur translation and other users need to vote if they like the translation or if they have any alternative translations and after a certain amount of upvotes or whatever this phrase can be seen as translated and if all phrases are translated it can be put in the game

Nah... A folder in User\AppData\Roaming\.Warspear\languages could do it. Or another location in C:\ or D:\