Minion Claiming

vaginadare

minion claiming, just a small thingy i thought of earlier.

How It Works:

you know how people usually go for the minion first when they are tryna kill an enemy player? i reckon this suggestion is a cool way to stop that from happening and make people want to kill the player himself rather than the minion first.

so, you know how when you die, the minion you spawned just disappears? instead of having that functionality, if you are to die when you have spawned a minion, it does not disappear, instead it just stands there or moves around a small area until another player goes near it to 'claim' it.

Scenario 1

a druid decideds to buy a plague witch doctor from the dealer.

he goes out and starts to do some quests around t4 at irsesnort

ALL OF A SUDDEN.......... HE STARTS GETTING ATTACKED BY A ROGUE....

HE TRIES TO FIGHT BACK, BUT THE ROGUE WAS JUST TOO STRONG!!!!

THE DRUID DIES.

but........what happens to the minion? does it disappear? no................

The Rogue walks up near to the plague with doctor and 5 seconds later, the minion decides to take the rogue as his MASTER!

MEANING, the minion that once was that of the druid has decided to switch into following the rogue to support him in battle.

Scenario 2

a barbarian summons his merman minion gotten from the arena shop.

he goes out to do a quest. he gets attacked by various mobs. before he knows it, his hp is at 200.

the barbarian dies.

the minion stays alive and just starts to wander around.

the barbarian quickly revives and rushes back to where he died and finds the minion wandering about

the barbarian goes back near his merman and after a couple of seconds, the merman takes him back as his master.

Other Info:

• The time left for the minion can stay the same or increase by, i dunno 30 minutes when it is claimed. ✳✳RULED OUT✳✳✳✳MINION TIME STAYS THE SAME✳✳
  • The minion has a maximum wandering time of about 10-15 minutes, if no one comes to get it, then it just disappears.
  • it can also just be the player that kills the other player with the minion that claims it, meaning, you dont have to go upto it. just kill its master.
  • to make it even more interesting, you can make it so that major bosses can claim minions too !
  • If someone with a minion kills another player with a minion. Either the minion just wonders around or you can add a swapping feature. Maybe even stack minions if your feeling cray
i reckon this would be an awesome feature to add the game and make people stop killing the minions first and look forward to getting the minion after they kill the player that has it. give newbies a chance to get the minion back after dying and much more benefits. Edited by vaginadare

Other Info:

1. The time left for the minion can stay the same or increase by, i dunno 30 minutes when it is claimed.
  2. to make it even more interesting, you can make it so that major bosses can claim minions too !

1.What you are saying is that if each time he is claimed time increases by 30 min??this would mean unlimited minions...when you see there are 5 min left you just die and reclaim it

2.Some bosses already have this but they are no seen as minions we call them mobs(bosses in tower, i think its hard and heroic, and dungeons of events have them too)

Apart from that its not a bad idea, but personally i dont think it will happen

1.What you are saying is that if each time he is claimed time increases by 30 min??this would mean unlimited minions...when you see there are 5 min left you just die and reclaim it

2.Some bosses already have this but they are no seen as minions we call them mobs(bosses in tower, i think its hard and heroic, and dungeons of events have them too)

Apart from that its not a bad idea, but personally i dont think it will happen

1. Yeah I guess we could rule that one out.

2. I'm talking about if a boss kills a player the boss can claim the minion that the player had, in addition to bosses that already have mobs. Would make it more interesting as you would have to be careful and make boss battles much more exciting!

This is probably one of the worst suggestions I have ever seen, if I may be honest. Sorry, but how about the minion's level? Will it increase to fit the player's level? It's also a great way to get minions for free. 

Cool idea! Id like it so the claimed minion keeps the time it has when u die. 20 mins left? 20 mins when claimed? No add time, just 20 mins.

Edited by Snowman

Very awesome suggestion! It gives opposing factions something to fight for when in battle. Plus, I'd like to see minion spammers minions being used against them xD

Nosferatos

- I doubt the level of the minion would/should increase.

- how are you getting the minion for free? You have to earn it by killing someone, its not being spoonfed to you.

Turtle

If you read vaginadare's last post, youd see that the additional 30 mins is ruled out. And I doubt someone would easily find a fresh new minion from a player so easily.

I like it! :clapping: It would also be nice to have a "leave minion" option for those who don't want to keep the minion. I think the time and level of the minion should stay the same no matter who takes it.

Nosferatos

- I doubt the level of the minion would/should increase.

- how are you getting the minion for free? You have to earn it by killing someone, its not being spoonfed to you.

1. My name is not Nosferatos, just that you know it.

2. Ok, obvious.

3. You don't spend money on the minion, or do you?

:clapping:  :clapping: Best minion suggestion! :clapping:  :clapping: You took the "Expert Minions" #1 place.

Just 3 things to give:

1. No need for the time increasing after claiming, maybe just make a rule, the time can be increased if the minion's time left to dissapear is 10m-.
  2. Forget the bosses' minion claiming, please! ;D
  3. Don't forget this topic, it's better to use.  :)  ;)

1. My name is not Nosferatos, just that you know it.

2. Ok, obvious.

3. You don't spend money on the minion, or do you?

If you haven't realized, it's fairly hard to kill a player with a minion unless they are either really stupid or really weak.

---

Post updated

Edited by vaginadare

If you haven't realized, it's fairly hard to kill a player with a minion unless they are either really stupid or really weak.

---

Post updated

I am weak. Oh and I sure realize it can be hard to kill a player, but take rogues for example..... They can 3 hit someone. That's what I mean.

Edited by Nosotraes

Finally,a damn decent suggestion in months.

My opinion: yes, this should be in the game. Minions require masters, for them to just disappear when the player get killed is stupid.

Other Info:

• ✳✳RULED OUT✳✳✳✳MINION HP STAYS THE SAME✳✳
What? Do u mean that when we claim the minion his hp will stay as it is and he won't be able to heal himself?

Well,

No, coz everyone will just go around stealing minions...

What problem do you want to tell?

Every single enemy player is trying to kill you, they are all gankers. That wont change anything in the current community. Even now, they get a reward when killing you in dailies, why not fire it more up ;)

The People who wont gank will have the empathy to not steal your minion anyway.

Low level players wont gank high lvl anyway.

And its dumb to walk around with a minion if you are low lvl and going to other t1. You are most likely to get killed even if you got no minion.

The thing you said doen't make much sense.

Edited by MCocktail

So, this is what I meant. Just say ur going to hunt GG, using a minion. People see that u have a minion but they are all low level players, then they all gank u and steal ur minions

So, this is what I meant. Just say ur going to hunt GG, using a minion. People see that u have a minion but they are all low level players, then they all gank u and steal ur minions

You dont know how cruel i can be on a 1+ pala, even when a lil zerg swarm appears.