Serverwide Achievements - And why its necessary.

Arthas

Screenshot_3.png.3c2d2b6c6f3c71534aac4be3155ac418.png     STOP TIMEGATING PLAYERS       Screenshot_3.png.3c2d2b6c6f3c71534aac4be3155ac418.png

Bounding achievements to character and not Server has no Plus for the game's longevity.

Most MMOs , ARPGs and RPGs in general avoid as much as possible having anything that time gate players , for the simple reason that it discourages people to try new characters , and consequentialy it decreases the potential time/money people would spend playing the game.

Every character from the account , from the same server, should SHARE ACHIEVEMENTS.

For example :

World of Warcraft has Account Wide achievements , and in the last 2 expansions have started ending almost all time gate mechanics , because players were playing less and less , for the simple reason that they knew if they had to try another race/class , they would need to complete "Y" time gating systems before reaching the same spot their last character was in.

Guild Wars 2 has account wide achievements.

Elder Scrolls Online has account wide achievements.
Runescape has account wide achievements.

Diablo 3 has account wide achievements and Diablo 4 has already stated that almost every single mechanic in game is going to be account wide.

Because those companies want people to Play as much as possible , and not to feel as if trying a new class is a terrible idea.

It is common that after years of playing an MMO , you'll get tired of "X" class and will want to try something new , but when trying something new means having to leave behind all the Achievements you've attained over the years , and stop progressing , most people will give up, and keep playing a character that they do not enjoy anymore. 

On my server BR-Tourmaline i personally know dozens of people on that exact situation. The game releases new classes , people want so badly to try them out , but they simply won't for that reason.

AIGRIND has to take into consideration that some achievements will take YEARS , not weeks to reach , and that theres literally no point in keeping them character bound.

Examples :

Spoiler

Arena :

Spoiler

Taking over 25 days each , of a lot of time invested , hundreds of hours played to get EACH of those.

2X2.png.4dbad2b4b365420fbd639ba35f6e9b95.png3X3.png.a9b25ea49c5d6405a456953e12e051ef.png5X5.png.840f7ccf0b8bb52cf54dbdd8748d9567.pngSELOS.png.8952a0ce620743c3d2d6cc7f1f58e522.pngCRISOL.png.55857ebce3afe86f9c0e568b82ca7aeb.png

GvG and War :

Spoiler

Takes 50 weeks to achieve any of those. ALMOST 1 YEAR , AND THATS IF YOU DONT MISS ON ANY EVENT

CAOS.png.5625971a6a64b3af05a341f62e232f03.pngMERMEN.png.f5867546a21d476bb7c0345a92244985.pngWAR.png.b448b2220108625edb63d2463ecda95b.png

Castle :

Spoiler

15 weeks , if your guil doesn't own a castle , in that case you won't be able to progress.

15CASTELO.png.4c9f8489ddf59b90cb4b8e5980d22b1e.png

Talents :

Spoiler

Both will take most likely over a year of constant progress for you to complete.

And that is if you are really methodic and keep always progressing.

CONHECIMENTO.png.b347b86dcaa4f4ff962a76ffb25b0d30.pngScreenshot_1.png.ff65b4f1fbd0253875cf77e0790289b8.png

The usual player will make around 1.5k - 2.5k knowlege a day if focused on progressing.  

And the entire tree will cost you around  850K-1million knowledge.

Crafting :

Spoiler

This is the worst part of it all , crafting.

Nowadays max level is at 26 ,  830.000 EXP.

If you use "Mass collection of advanced resources" every 12 hours (which will cost you 100 miracle coins daily) and use "Rookie's Craft license" (50% exp bonus , which also costs Miracle coins ) you'll make around 4.5K exp daily.

So every single craft is going to take you over 120 DAYS AT BEST and there are 8 Professions.

It will LITERALLY take you years.

Imagine even considering changing classes then.

CRAFTANEL.png.76fd43da6f9b81234b652de4d45f4280.pngCRAFTCAPA.png.cedc3e41ecea3c70ad081d7fa98d7138.pngCRAFTHEAVY.png.0c9247b7dae035b402c93b1bb9766611.pngCRAFTLEVE.png.a3291142035963ab09cb768408c24ac2.png

CRAFTMELEE.png.a6c1c14441c6a2c0f20872b3e3e0766d.pngCRAFTRANGED.png.f5dd7935fe68086b64012edf123f56a9.pngCRAFTTECIDO.png.98c8190a699c802ddd81b25889737732.pngCRAFTAMULETO.png.e10de6fa3c234a081cb2349e2367a4e7.png

But what about the ranking system?

Have the last Lv28+ character logged before the reset appear in the ranking system.

What about legendary achievements?

Follow the same rule as above.

Achievements are achieved by THE PLAYER , not by the character.

Wouldn't that just make people keep jumping to the "meta class"?

People will still need to re-do talents , level up , buy new items , amp new items , buy new books. Which takes a lot of time , effort and money.

"Meta" is always changing in every MMO , by the time the player is done with half the class talents , meta will be completely different from what it was when he first started leveling it.

Please share this with you friends !!

@Holmes @Dr Strange

Edited by Arthas

• Arthas changed the title to Serverwide Achievements - And why its necessary.
4 hours ago, Arthas said:

Screenshot_3.png.3c2d2b6c6f3c71534aac4be3155ac418.png     STOP TIMEGATING PLAYERS       Screenshot_3.png.3c2d2b6c6f3c71534aac4be3155ac418.png

Bounding achievements to character and not Server has no Plus for the game's longevity.

Most MMOs , ARPGs and RPGs in general avoid as much as possible having anything that time gate players , for the simple reason that it discourages people to try new characters , and consequentialy it decreases the potential time/money people would spend playing the game.

Every character from the account , from the same server, should SHARE ACHIEVEMENTS.

For example :

World of Warcraft has Account Wide achievements , and in the last 2 expansions have started ending almost all time gate mechanics , because players were playing less and less , for the simple reason that they knew if they had to try another race/class , they would need to complete "Y" time gating systems before reaching the same spot their last character was in.

Guild Wars 2 has account wide achievements.

Elder Scrolls Online has account wide achievements.
Runescape has account wide achievements.

Diablo 3 has account wide achievements and Diablo 4 has already stated that almost every single mechanic in game is going to be account wide.

Because those companies want people to Play as much as possible , and not to feel as if trying a new class is a terrible idea.

It is common that after years of playing an MMO , you'll get tired of "X" class and will want to try something new , but when trying something new means having to leave behind all the Achievements you've attained over the years , and stop progressing , most people will give up, and keep playing a character that they do not enjoy anymore. 

On my server BR-Tourmaline i personally know dozens of people on that exact situation. The game releases new classes , people want so badly to try them out , but they simply won't for that reason.

AIGRIND has to take into consideration that some achievements will take YEARS , not weeks to reach , and that theres literally no point in keeping them character bound.

Examples :

Hide contents

Arena :

Reveal hidden contents

Taking over 25 days each , of a lot of time invested , hundreds of hours played to get EACH of those.

2X2.png.4dbad2b4b365420fbd639ba35f6e9b95.png3X3.png.a9b25ea49c5d6405a456953e12e051ef.png5X5.png.840f7ccf0b8bb52cf54dbdd8748d9567.pngSELOS.png.8952a0ce620743c3d2d6cc7f1f58e522.pngCRISOL.png.55857ebce3afe86f9c0e568b82ca7aeb.png

GvG and War :

Reveal hidden contents

Takes 50 weeks to achieve any of those. ALMOST 1 YEAR , AND THATS IF YOU DONT MISS ON ANY EVENT

CAOS.png.5625971a6a64b3af05a341f62e232f03.pngMERMEN.png.f5867546a21d476bb7c0345a92244985.pngWAR.png.b448b2220108625edb63d2463ecda95b.png

Castle :

Reveal hidden contents

15 weeks , if your guil doesn't own a castle , in that case you won't be able to progress.

15CASTELO.png.4c9f8489ddf59b90cb4b8e5980d22b1e.png

Talents :

Reveal hidden contents

Both will take most likely over a year of constant progress for you to complete.

And that is if you are really methodic and keep always progressing.

CONHECIMENTO.png.b347b86dcaa4f4ff962a76ffb25b0d30.pngScreenshot_1.png.ff65b4f1fbd0253875cf77e0790289b8.png

The usual player will make around 1.5k - 2.5k knowlege a day if focused on progressing.  

And the entire tree will cost you around  850K-1million knowledge.

Crafting :

Hide contents

This is the worst part of it all , crafting.

Nowadays max level is at 26 ,  830.000 EXP.

If you use "Mass collection of advanced resources" every 12 hours (which will cost you 100 miracle coins daily) and use "Rookie's Craft license" (50% exp bonus , which also costs Miracle coins ) you'll make around 4.5K exp daily.

So every single craft is going to take you over 120 DAYS AT BEST and there are 8 Professions.

It will LITERALLY take you years.

Imagine even considering changing classes then.

CRAFTANEL.png.76fd43da6f9b81234b652de4d45f4280.pngCRAFTCAPA.png.cedc3e41ecea3c70ad081d7fa98d7138.pngCRAFTHEAVY.png.0c9247b7dae035b402c93b1bb9766611.pngCRAFTLEVE.png.a3291142035963ab09cb768408c24ac2.png

CRAFTMELEE.png.a6c1c14441c6a2c0f20872b3e3e0766d.pngCRAFTRANGED.png.f5dd7935fe68086b64012edf123f56a9.pngCRAFTTECIDO.png.98c8190a699c802ddd81b25889737732.pngCRAFTAMULETO.png.e10de6fa3c234a081cb2349e2367a4e7.png

But what about the ranking system?

Have the last Lv28+ character logged before the reset appear in the ranking system.

Wouldn't that just make people keep jumping to the "meta class"?

People will still need to re-do talents , level up , buy new items , amp new items , buy new books. Which takes a lot of time , effort and money.

"Meta" is always changing in every MMO , by the time the player is done with half the class talents , meta will be completely different from what it was when he first started leveling it.

@Holmes @Dr Strange

Largely agree with your suggestion. As long as you don't actually get the crafting levels on other characters but just the achievements then its fine. Having access to 9x8 slots per account if you have maxed crafts would be a bit much. Although crafting system in general needs a fix anyway so if it was changed it wouldn't even matter.

I'm on my last 100k crafting to fully maxed crafts and I think I've been crafting for a good 3 years now rarely having breaks. Mostly doing advanced mats with resource licenses to save on miracle coins and crafting the higher level gears with xp license instead. It's kind of ridiculous how long it takes.

5 часов назад, Arthas сказал:

Yes, I would like these achievements to be displayed on my chief. I would quickly complete the achievement for 500 kills in the castle and continue playing as a necromancer.

Спойлер

image.png.bfce868d085157b0fafe1a57b3541d1e.png

Edited by Ляна

I completely agree with your suggestion. A lot of the game's systems and ideas are very outdated.

The achievement system is one of them, especially when the character gets deleted, the game just lets you lose all the achievements in a matter of seconds, after years of work.

The systems are designed in a wrong way and it's probably a big reason why people hesitate on creating new characters, that's probably the reason I have never touched any other class than Barbarian in 3 years and my only alternative is quitting, instead of grinding all over again on a 2nd character.

Not only that but many people do care about cosmetics, there are a lot of nice cosmetics from Battle Pass ( Haircuts / Costumes ), and if you want them on multiple characters you have to spend $ and skip the Battle Pass all the way down, there is no way you can grind the tasks on more characters on the same account before the 40 days are over.

image.thumb.png.42f92985d4cd08b12cbd8e847cb1d516.png 

image.png.4580a7d5520f21a969e1e5404de963b9.png

After making a new character, will I get these? No. Same as the achievements, the systems are poorly designed, and players are forced to start from 0 and even miss the Grind from 1st character because the content doesn't exist anymore.

Therefore I agree with @Arthas , Achievements and anything Grind-based should be rethought and implemented differently like in any other MMO RPG, otherwise the Player base will only go down, and never up.

Edited by Slap

5 hours ago, Raislin said:

Largely agree with your suggestion. As long as you don't actually get the crafting levels on other characters but just the achievements then its fine. Having access to 9x8 slots per account if you have maxed crafts would be a bit much. Although crafting system in general needs a fix anyway so if it was changed it wouldn't even matter.

I'm on my last 100k crafting to fully maxed crafts and I think I've been crafting for a good 3 years now rarely having breaks. Mostly doing advanced mats with resource licenses to save on miracle coins and crafting the higher level gears with xp license instead. It's kind of ridiculous how long it takes.

Yep , just the achievement , so people won't abuse , using multiple characters with max crafting ofc.

a very good idea. in addition, non-class books should go into a "personal account library" and be usable by all characters on the account.

there are a lot of rules about not selling accounts, not sharing but I think the company doesn't look for ways to make players feel inspired to have additional characters in the right way.

They would automatically render the medals irrelevant, they will get everything in their main character. 

The conquests are and should be personal or no one will try again, in Warspear they only give you skins, emojis, haircut and suit. It does not influence or modify your character in power. 

Legendary ones are and should be personal, Example of PvP your class gave you an advantage or your money the power to dominate the rank, what relevance does it have that your new char wins something legendary with your new class? 

Edited by Danfake

24 minutes ago, Salazam said:

a very good idea. in addition, non-class books should go into a "personal account library" and be usable by all characters on the account.

there are a lot of rules about not selling accounts, not sharing but I think the company doesn't look for ways to make players feel inspired to have additional characters in the right way.

Yes, that was my initial suggestion, it's very good way to get a good use of the books you buy / spend hours and hours every day farming and switch them between the characters on the same account, or as you said in a library. Just don't make the books tradable with other players, and the problem is solved.

4 hours ago, Slap said:

I completely agree with your suggestion. A lot of the game's systems and ideas are very outdated.

The achievement system is one of them, especially when the character gets deleted, the game just lets you lose all the achievements in a matter of seconds, after years of work.

The systems are designed in a wrong way and it's probably a big reason why people hesitate on creating new characters, that's probably the reason I have never touched any other class than Barbarian in 3 years and my only alternative is quitting, instead of grinding all over again on a 2nd character.

Not only that but many people do care about cosmetics, there are a lot of nice cosmetics from Battle Pass ( Haircuts / Costumes ), and if you want them on multiple characters you have to spend $ and skip the Battle Pass all the way down, there is no way you can grind the tasks on more characters on the same account before the 40 days are over.

image.thumb.png.42f92985d4cd08b12cbd8e847cb1d516.png 

image.png.4580a7d5520f21a969e1e5404de963b9.png

After making a new character, will I get these? No. Same as the achievements, the systems are poorly designed, and players are forced to start from 0 and even miss the Grind from 1st character because the content doesn't exist anymore.

Therefore I agree with @Arthas , Achievements and anything Grind-based should be rethought and implemented differently like in any other MMO RPG, otherwise the Player base will only go down, and never up.

That's called the weird stuff system, If everything can be achieved again eternally with your new class, It's going to be easy for you to do nothing more because your other character has already done it. 

4 hours ago, Danfake said:

They would automatically render the medals irrelevant, they will get everything in their main character. 

The conquests are and should be personal or no one will try again, in Warspear they only give you skins, emojis, haircut and suit. It does not influence or modify your character in power. 

Legendary ones are and should be personal, Example of PvP your class gave you an advantage or your money the power to dominate the rank, what relevance does it have that your new char wins something legendary with your new class? 

I dont get your point at all.

They would not be rendered irrelevant at all , that player has already achieved all that , theres not a single reason why he would need to achieve it all again in the same server (if on the same account ofc). The only thing it does is make people way less prone to trying other classes.

Completionism is something of great relevance in every single MMORPG i have ever played , and so is on Warspear Online , and that is one of  the reasons why people will literally keep playing a class that they do not enjoy anymore , for the sake of not losing progress , which is a counterproductive mechanic.

Again , Legendary achievements are achieved by the players , not by the character , if that player has achieved a Legendary Achievement in his past character , theres no reason for it to not be displayed on the character that he is playing atm, as it was ACHIEVED BY HIM.

That's called the weird stuff system, If everything can be achieved again eternally with your new class, It's going to be easy for you to do nothing more because your other character has already done it. 

Again , i don't see your point at all , its an MMORPG , its always creating new content , and new mechanics, there will always be more things to accomplish , more maps , more outfits , theres just no reason for a player to have to Achieve again something that he has already Achieved before.

Especially when some of the achievements take YEARS.

Edited by Arthas

20 hours ago, Arthas said:

I dont get your point at all.

They would not be rendered irrelevant at all , that player has already achieved all that , theres not a single reason why he would need to achieve it all again in the same server (if on the same account ofc). The only thing it does is make people way less prone to trying other classes.

Completionism is something of great relevance in every single MMORPG i have ever played , and so is on Warspear Online , and that is one of  the reasons why people will literally keep playing a class that they do not enjoy anymore , for the sake of not losing progress , which is a counterproductive mechanic.

Again , Legendary achievements are achieved by the players , not by the character , if that player has achieved a Legendary Achievement in his past character , theres no reason for it to not be displayed on the character that he is playing atm, as it was ACHIEVED BY HIM.

Again , i don't see your point at all , its an MMORPG , its always creating new content , and new mechanics, there will always be more things to accomplish , more maps , more outfits , theres just no reason for a player to have to Achieve again something that he has already Achieved before.

Especially when some of the achievements take YEARS.

The conquests are of each class, not of the account. There I summarized it. 

You can always experiment with new classes, I always do, I already leveled up each existing class in Warspear. 

But my achievements of my Necromancer are of the Necromancer, end. 

Just remembered that we also need a vendor of some sorts for the skins/costumes so that if you use/drop them because of bag space issues or whatever you can get more of them.

It would make the business of selling the skins kind of obsolete since people could just buy more and the high end ones wouldn't really be that unique anymore, but it would at least let us use the skins on all the gear you will upgrade to in the future instead of just the one you use it on currently.