Help please to get started!

Tess

Hi all! :)

I joined this game only yesterday. My level is 3 now. I can't really get a grasp of this game :( There are sooo many questions but very few answers!!! I've seached in the forum for some sort of newbie guide but I didn't find anything like that. The official Warspear website doesn't provide much information too. I was a successful player in Runescape and I have never felt so bewildered in any other MMORPG :(

Can somebody please please please help?!

Hey Tess. First of all, is ur char mc or fb? and what char name do u have? It will be easier to find u in the game if we know who u are. Many ppl are willing to help u out so dont worry. We're all a bit confused in the beginning. Hope u get the hang of things soon and that u have a great time. Good luck.  :)

Hey Tess. First of all, is ur char mc or fb? and what char name do u have? It will be easier to find u in the game if we know who u are. Many ppl are willing to help u out so dont worry. We're all a bit confused in the beginning. Hope u get the hang of things soon and that u have a great time. Good luck.  :)

What do you mean by mc or fb???

My character name is Trilian. Thanks a ton to you and Fizaa!!! You are awesome :D

Well, here comes the questions.

How do I get gold? (very obvious question, I know)

How do I increase my skill?

I'm a Blade Dancer, which skills should I choose to train and why?

What are the ways to increase my level? Does level represent my combat ability or simply quest progress?

Explain the trading and chat system.

Explain weapon, armour.......

And anything else that a newbie should know.

Whew! This pretty much looks like an exam question paper :D Bring on your answers guys!!!

You know what? I think if the replies turn out to be good, the mods should sticky this thread. After all, it seems there's no such guide/manual for this game; it really sucks you know, it's enough to scare people away if there's no help :(

1. Quests reward some gold. You can also get gold by killing creatures, collecting their drop and selling them in shop or to someone who needs the items for quest.

2. Increase your skill as in gameplay? The more you play the more you get better. Lol! Skill points are gained one every 2 levels and two every 10 levels.

3. Im am not a bladedancer and have almost negligible experience with it but you can go through topics under the section 'Bladedancer'.

4. Only way to level up is to gain experience from quests. Leveling up gives a tad bit increase in some stats. Never bothered to notice. The most important gain is skill points.

5. There are 4 chat options under the chat section-

Area chat- for the box of map you are im.

Party chat- for interacting with party members wherever they are.

Trade chat- connects almost all major tows and is accessible only there.

Private chat- to send personal message (pm) to other players.

Trading- select the player you want to trade with. If he accepts, a window will open where the both of you can select the items you want to give or the amount of gold. If both of you accept the deal is done.

6. Weapons and armors are different for different classes. You can compare the armor type and the passive ability on your hero skills to check compatibility. You can select the item names to view its stats and select each stat to view its effect. Weapons and armor are won from quests or bought from shop. I suggest you save gold for repair rather than buying equipment when its quite manageable for you.

You can also browse through the earlier topics from the guides, new player or bladedancer section to get a grasp. Or just flood trade chat till some kind person answers to you when ingame..

I cannot think of things new players would want to know so just ask when in trouble :)

Wow!!! I never thought I'd get so many replies ;)

I play in the US server. But I'm not worried about help anymore. It seems there's always help here for those who wants it, thank you guys :D

So, the summery is, I have to do quest for most things, right?

yes, u will need to do quest for leveling up.

the quest was main quest that show with yellow mark (level 1- 14, i guess?) and daily quest that show with blue mark (after u finish almost all yellow quest and reach level 14)

dont forget to farm and kill the mobs often then collect drop from them and sell it to buy new and more powerful equipment.

also, after u reach level 4, try to do arena and collect arena poin.

after u reach level 14 (or 15? sorry, i forgot :P) u can use those arena poin to purchase the powerful equipment in arena store.

have fun :clapping:

and cheers :give_rose:

yes, u will need to do quest for leveling up.

the quest was main quest that show with yellow mark (level 1- 14, i guess?) and daily quest that show with blue mark (after u finish almost all yellow quest and reach level 14)

dont forget to farm and kill the mobs often then collect drop from them and sell it to buy new and more powerful equipment.

also, after u reach level 4, try to do arena and collect arena poin.

after u reach level 14 (or 15? sorry, i forgot :P) u can use those arena poin to purchase the powerful equipment in arena store.

have fun :clapping:

and cheers :give_rose:

wooooooohooo!! This game IS starting to sound like a lot more fun.

Hmmm. Will u please tell me what do u mean by farm and kill mobs?

Will I lose anything if I die in arena???

farming mobs = keep killing creatures -> collecting their drop -> and selling them to shop for gold.

If you lose in arena you will not lose anything, just your arena rating will go lower.