non-class Books unbinding

Abi

as the title says I want to suggest the idea of book unbinding 

lately the game has been progressing in terms of character development from levels, main tree talent to events/t5 tree talent and it became more and more difficult to start a new character from the 0 all over again and since the game is a 110% competitive and focused on scaling your character from books and talents the game isn't being forgiven or friendly to old players who want to play or start a new class because then they will have to farm kl for talents or sea reputation for talents let alone farm millions of gold to stack your character with books so you can compete again in the higher league

thus as a solution to encourage old players to try out different or new classes is to allow non-class books to be unbinded with miracle coins, the amount of MC required or having certain books bounded to the character and cant be unbinded "like the sea books" can be up to the game devs but having the rest of the books being unbindable is a great way to encourage players to try out other classes 

also in a way to prevent the abuse of such feature it could be similar to the deleted character restoring feature in the warspear anniversary where only during the 1st week of the event players will be able to unbind their non-class books and it will result in few things:

• the book will have a 48 hours cooldown where it cant be traded, used or moved from the bag basically it will be locked for 48 hours to prevent any exchange, scam or straight up moving it to another character for instant abuse in some situations 
  • after the 48 hours cooldown is over, once the book is usable again once used the user wont be able to unbind it again for an entire year meaning once the book is used again whether on the same character or a new character you will not be able to unbind it until the next anniversary event 

this way old players who would feel stuck or bounded to a single character or just not motivated will feel welcome to start a new class journey without having to worry about grinding million and millions of gold all over again and it will open a new way for the economy of servers to grow in a way where books will be sold more than once over the years and also allow people who are in need for a certain books to have a chance at finding them

I hope this concept gets adopted and applied into the game one way or another as i think it would open a new view to the game where you aren't bounded to a single class and you can play and enjoy other classes freely thanks for reading :2Thumbs:

Giving the 1 time per year and a 48h cd looks like a better idea than the " normal unbind " . Cool idea

And maybe you can put a limit on how many books you can unbind so at least 1 good book can be moved to another char 1 time per year

Edited by SaltyCoffe

This would firstly be way too abusable, especially with sea books. Those books are already borderline game breaking, and should be toned down harshly, but atleast they're rare. Being able to pass a single one around to every possible class, depending which one of them just happens to be the best after any given balance change, is way too powerful.

Outside of that, having this possibility would completely devalue the time, effort and money that people have put in to building a character. Currently fully booked chars are usually stand out cases, they're still somewhat rare, and are something to strive for. They're something that put you a step above the rest. The game needs to have something like this, for there to be actual end game goals.

If this got implemented, those end game goals would be kind of gone. Owning a single set of books would mean you can have one of these rare, stand out chars for every single class available to your faction, making them alot less special, or unique. Instead of them being this end game peak to work towards, it would just become the standard for any character, even possible new classes (Kind of like how arena getting easier over time turned awarded chars from rare, stand out cases into a minimum standard to even be able to compete)

As for the newbie friendliness, i don't think this would make those books more accessible for new/returning people. With unbinding being there, suddenly every single book is useful. For example, caster players might not feel the need to get a speed book right now, since it doesn't do much for them. But if this made its way into the game, that book is now a permanent, transferrable asset to any class you might happen to switch to at any point, making them even more desirable and driving the price even higher.

11 hours ago, vavavi said:

This would firstly be way too abusable, especially with sea books. Those books are already borderline game breaking, and should be toned down harshly, but atleast they're rare. Being able to pass a single one around to every possible class, depending which one of them just happens to be the best after any given balance change, is way too powerful.

Outside of that, having this possibility would completely devalue the time, effort and money that people have put in to building a character. Currently fully booked chars are usually stand out cases, they're still somewhat rare, and are something to strive for. They're something that put you a step above the rest. The game needs to have something like this, for there to be actual end game goals.

If this got implemented, those end game goals would be kind of gone. Owning a single set of books would mean you can have one of these rare, stand out chars for every single class available to your faction, making them alot less special, or unique. Instead of them being this end game peak to work towards, it would just become the standard for any character, even possible new classes (Kind of like how arena getting easier over time turned awarded chars from rare, stand out cases into a minimum standard to even be able to compete)

As for the newbie friendliness, i don't think this would make those books more accessible for new/returning people. With unbinding being there, suddenly every single book is useful. For example, caster players might not feel the need to get a speed book right now, since it doesn't do much for them. But if this made its way into the game, that book is now a permanent, transferrable asset to any class you might happen to switch to at any point, making them even more desirable and driving the price even higher.

I 99% agree with this ;

my only point is that : with this way that the guy described it would be less "abusable" because it's 1 book per year, a lot of things change and it could help to change class and have more fun with another . If sea books is what makes you think that it's too OP , maybe we could get this idea to work but with just normal books 

Kinda complicated and strange but could be an idea. For example, a simple mana book or a health book , this shouldn't be that "game change abuse"

What do you think ?:piggy4:

On 3/30/2023 at 11:42 AM, SaltyCoffe said:

I 99% agree with this ;

my only point is that : with this way that the guy described it would be less "abusable" because it's 1 book per year, a lot of things change and it could help to change class and have more fun with another . If sea books is what makes you think that it's too OP , maybe we could get this idea to work but with just normal books 

Kinda complicated and strange but could be an idea. For example, a simple mana book or a health book , this shouldn't be that "game change abuse"

What do you think 

If the suggestion is 1 book per year, the topic should be called "i used a sea book on a bad class". Would be pointless for any other books at that point. 

One idea could be to sort of downgrade the book if they got unbound. Kind of like you lose amps and break the item when unbinding a piece of equipment. For example, having the effect of books get halved by that process. It would still allow people who truly want to get something out of their books to do it, but wouldn't be abusable. It would also give new players access to these cheaper, weaker versions of books.

13 minutes ago, vavavi said:

If the suggestion is 1 book per year, the topic should be called "i used a sea book on a bad class". Would be pointless for any other books at that point. 

One idea could be to sort of downgrade the book if they got unbound. Kind of like you lose amps and break the item when unbinding a piece of equipment. For example, having the effect of books get halved by that process. It would still allow people who truly want to get something out of their books to do it, but wouldn't be abusable. It would also give new players access to these cheaper, weaker versions of books.

I mean in a certain point of view having this " unbinded books " with 50% of their original buff could be cool and could help lower the "real" book prices a bit. For example looking right now in EU-elf the demand is crazy and people paying a lot for simple books

Example ( as it could help lower these books prices ) 

2 years ago I dropped rampant attack during spring ( i was still with nub gear ) and i had to sell it for 900k ish because noone was buying it as rampant was a super high drop rate and not everyone had the money

1 year ago i heard it was 5m ish ( i wasn't playing ) 

This spring i heard the only rampant dropped for now got sold for 11m+

I mean yeah prices change , people get more money ok, but it's not really "new player friendly", or even for normal players who don't spend a lot on mcoins, having a book that goes 10x price in just 2 years:t6:

1 hour ago, SaltyCoffe said:

I mean in a certain point of view having this " unbinded books " with 50% of their original buff could be cool and could help lower the "real" book prices a bit. For example looking right now in EU-elf the demand is crazy and people paying a lot for simple books

Example ( as it could help lower these books prices ) 

2 years ago I dropped rampant attack during spring ( i was still with nub gear ) and i had to sell it for 900k ish because noone was buying it as rampant was a super high drop rate and not everyone had the money

1 year ago i heard it was 5m ish ( i wasn't playing ) 

This spring i heard the only rampant dropped for now got sold for 11m+

I mean yeah prices change , people get more money ok, but it's not really "new player friendly", or even for normal players who don't spend a lot on mcoins, having a book that goes 10x price in just 2 years:t6:

Rampant was 2m ish last year at eu elf atleast. You're probably being lied to. But yea alot of books have insanely high prices, having these weaker versions would make them more accessible, and wouldn't devalue normal ones. 

2 hours ago, vavavi said:

Rampant was 2m ish last year at eu elf atleast. You're probably being lied to. But yea alot of books have insanely high prices, having these weaker versions would make them more accessible, and wouldn't devalue normal ones. 

I mean rampant did sell 11m this year and today 1 attack strenght book sold for 20m so ye prices are kinda oof :piggy4: