Pawned EU - Emerald -> Ultimate Rogue Guide

pawned

image.png.0d7b74c3448b6257da4853c8c499f69f.png 

image.png.b774c51468eecdb6bc5def62bdf51c4d.png    Even Dummy has more impact in this game than a Rogue classimage.png.8148a81927ece946ba65068845c2e28e.png

As you can see by the stats  image.png this class is lacking absolutely everything you can think of!

LETS HAVE A LOOK HOW TO FIX IT!

image.thumb.png.237a55194b7a1a5a206d3c08e7ebc9d0.png

Atlantis Arolo Tifar 1.

image.png.2b8ab29d58914ff866fc61f951fab221.png

Atlantis Arolo Tifar 1.

image.png.d36ae52c9be3c8522cf3b01abbef84fb.png

Atlantis Arolo Tifar 1.

image.png.17de479684f4ee838d37f7f717893b7e.png

Atlantis Arolo Tifar 1.

image.png.c35d4b9825827278342fdd4aa00c7608.png

Atlantis Arolo Tifar 1.

image.png.1f4bd30275ecea7f3097dbf132a37709.png

Atlantis Arolo Tifar 1.

image.png.72e1a22115e2e822ad7c790d19295b05.png

If you have managed to get all the way down, it means you have sucessfully followed my guide.

Enjoy your free time and saved money

Edited by pawned

The guide is straight-forward and user-friendly to show new players the real aspect of rogue and its usability on massive fights in the Warspear Online (zero support given, when rogue needs buff it seem it goes to BD mistakenly). The topic is clear and easy to read, thanks to big arrows couldn't get lost on the guide (any smaller and I would of probably since I have dementia due thinking every night why do rogues have to suffer). This topic changed my life. I struggled for months and felt ashamed to keep even Warspear on my desktop, afraid of my friends find out I play still my weak single-target class on mmorpg-game what is mostly about multiple targets aside seeker have just same but with way bigger power and broken talents (but I guess that's just normal, just because I'm rogue).

horrid-henry-the-winner.gif

Hello,

I woke up this morning, I saw this guide and even tho I don't play the same class, the things described by you reflected on my own class as well.

Amazing and accurate post for probably 90% of us, 10% are bd players.

I followed your guide, step by step and I noticed a tremendous amount of changes in my life such as hair growing back again. Thanks!

image.png.552a68887fc5377bf23944b1e323bc83.png

• 2 weeks later...

Worst class by far. Absolutely forgotten by people and for a good reason. it's a running joke at this point how much it has been lacking severely in the game. And how desperately it needs to get reworked. Great guide as well. Any starter should never pick this class as it significantly will never compete with any other class on the same level.

The best guide for the rogue's players in all the times. You represent me. but  I deleted my rogue some time ago. I wish I had found a guide like yours when I was thinking of doing it.

1 hour ago, roguesad said:

The best guide for the rogue's players in all the times. You represent me. but  I deleted my rogue some time ago. I wish I had found a guide like yours when I was thinking of doing it.

1 down more to go. 

• 1 month later...

This is the dumbest guide in the game. 

Rogues are still one of the stronger classes in the game. Yall just don't play to its strengths now

2 hours ago, Drakoknight said:

This is the dumbest guide in the game. 

Rogues are still one of the stronger classes in the game. Yall just don't play to its strengths now

Can you teach me the way how to play it for its full potential ? 

11 minutes ago, pawned said:

I am a Deathknight main and I don't play rogue but I have witnessed many Rogues kill wardens easily. 

You just need to learn how to play to the classes strengths 

6 hours ago, Drakoknight said:

I am a Deathknight main and I don't play rogue but I have witnessed many Rogues kill wardens easily. 

You just need to learn how to play to the classes strengths 

I completely agree, if you have a good grasp on how to use your basic skills you could be a monster on the battlefield, never mind once you get into expert skills and work then into your play style.

22 minutes ago, wolfdragon99 said:

I completely agree, if you have a good grasp on how to use your basic skills you could be a monster on the battlefield, never mind once you get into expert skills and work then into your play style.

Rogues and Seekers are supposed to be glass cannons. 

While Seekers are quite durable early into the fight when they use their shields they can quickly fall just like Rogues now. 

I believe Rogues use in pvp has slightly changed as to take on the "backline" classes such as Mages, Priests, and Druids 

7 hours ago, pawned said:

The biggest thing is to know and understand your skills, there is a guide that has a list of all the skills and effects including how they change when leveled.

Next is hotkey placement, do what you feel is comfortable to utilize your skills.

You can change these to best utilize them depending on what your doing ie pve, pvp, parties, raid and for particular bosses.

Whether you solo or party normally this is key especially if you regularly party with the same players and know their style to adjust to their play style for good combos. 

Next up is gear, this is important as it can affect how you play.

Don't randomly equip gear especially if it turns personal. 

We'll start with pinks as they are the most grounded into gameplay.

Now the best way to plan this out for yourself is to look up in craft skills the pinks in there as most gear will resemble other gear in reds.

Also some blues can be upgraded that you get for free so if you have decent pinks already don't equip them just because they are higher level unless you have no choice, they can be bought/made if needed.

I say this as if you, your friends or  guildmates have the ability in crafting to upgrade them it becomes easier to get useful pinks.

Now depending on how you play or what role your playing you are going to want to emphasize certain attributes to maximize yourself for that.

Remember we have three positions for full gear to swap between if needed, you also able to use the same gear in those slots so no need for for multiple sets of the same gear unless you just want backups and it will save bag space 

Once you've established what works for you for gear, you can also rune and crystal said gear to emphasize or complement your attributes.

Set gear is very similar so picking whether you want a full set or half and half is up to you.

Keep in mind half sets can be used to further your play style as well.

54 minutes ago, Drakoknight said:

Rogues and Seekers are supposed to be glass cannons. 

While Seekers are quite durable early into the fight when they use their shields they can quickly fall just like Rogues now. 

I believe Rogues use in pvp has slightly changed as to take on the "backline" classes such as Mages, Priests, and Druids 

Many classes in pvp depending on skill use and tactics can be labeled glass cannon in my opinion. Gearing and spec is a separate issue, but can be involved.

Just going with rogue if you've read up on its skills and have a decent or better knowledge base for the other classes, it can be a terror on the battlefield especially in pvp if you, your party if in arena know, understand and properly use your skills.

2 hours ago, Ryohei said:

To critique a class, you have to play it first

You can't rely on something you've only seen, the reality of this class can be very Disappointing. 

I can critique the class because I know many people who plays it and I have been playing the game for a very long time. 

Rogues needs skill now. You just have to learn to use it properly

1 minute ago, Drakoknight said:

I can critique the class because I know many people who plays it and I have been playing the game for a very long time. 

You need to play the class to understand how it performs, what are +/- of the class.

Thats you know ppl which plays rogue is nice and that you have been playing game for a loong time doesnt mean you know how it works.

Im playing Rogue since 2013, have not touched other class for 7-8 years straight until the last rebalance when the rogue is straight GARBAGE class.

Take out the resists, shield, heal from BDs and thats how rogue is performing. IT has a burst damage but its a class that is dead in 1 combo from everybody else.

Take the Shield, resist and damage reduction from seeker and it becomes rogue. 

Comments of types like:

• BUT Rogue has a DOdge and Kick can dodge all attacks

No, dodge is not a thing for looooong time, reflexes are straight useless together with Dodge 10s duration and 22s CD.

• BUT you can run full stuns with rogue and its INSANE dmg, 100% stun landing.

Sure, rogue can full stun in case ALL OF THE  3 stuns will land and enemy wont resist and single one, because it will ruin whole combo cycle and you are done.

besides that im not gonna mention, you are basically dead to every ranged class, most of the tank classes and EVERY other dmg class, because rogue has literally 0 deff. skills so its survivability is basically non existing.

14 minutes ago, Drakoknight said:

Well, i have bought multiple Axes and Swords with different stats (Spring ones, crafted ones, arena ones), amped them all to +10 to be able see and test whats gonna be most suitable one after the rebalance. Came to the conclusion that Speed for rogue is dead, you have to play for CD. In terms of Damage best combination is Axe and Sword with a difference of 0.5s on skills (0.3s if you got CD book), if you want compare that to 2 axes.

Bought Tons of Oblivion books to test all possible and usefull Skill builds to find ones for Arena, GvGs, PvP and PvE.

Only possible way to play Rogue Is for stuns.

1. Not gonna mention how many AOE skills, trap skills are in the game which gonna cancel your stealth
  2. Not gonna mention Resist scrolls and pots which you can use to counter rogue stuns
  3. Not gonna mention detect potion, where enemy can see you in stealth
10 hours ago, wolfdragon99 said:

You wont be able to do anything as a rogue player in arena / GvGs

Players are full buffed, which makes it even more dificult.

BDs will kill you in 1 Hamstring combo

Druids will full stuns you

Mages will rape you just with a Magic BAN (Extermination and DOdge skills insta removed) 

Priests, paladin will kill you easily (not gonna mention 8k heal critics and shield which absords next 6K dmg with a CD of few seconds).

Rangers needs 1 scatter and use rest of the skills 

could continue like this all day long.

So no Your points of TRYING TO FIND OUT CLASSES STRENGTH, LEARN TO PLAY THE CLASS  and rest of the things you have said are irrelevant .

1 hour ago, pawned said:

You need to play the class to understand how it performs, what are +/- of the class.

Thats you know ppl which plays rogue is nice and that you have been playing game for a loong time doesnt mean you know how it works.

Im playing Rogue since 2013, have not touched other class for 7-8 years straight until the last rebalance when the rogue is straight GARBAGE class.

Take out the resists, shield, heal from BDs and thats how rogue is performing. IT has a burst damage but its a class that is dead in 1 combo from everybody else.

Comments of types like:

No, dodge is not a thing for looooong time, reflexes are straight useless together with Dodge 10s duration and 22s CD.

Sure, rogue can full stun in case ALL OF THE  3 stuns will land and enemy wont resist and single one, because it will ruin whole combo cycle and you are done.

besides that im not gonna mention, you are basically dead to every ranged class, most of the tank classes and EVERY other dmg class, because rogue has literally 0 deff. skills so its survivability is basically non existing.

Well, i have bought multiple Axes and Swords with different stats (Spring ones, crafted ones, arena ones), amped them all to +10 to be able see and test whats gonna be most suitable one after the rebalance. Came to the conclusion that Speed for rogue is dead, you have to play for CD. In terms of Damage best combination is Axe and Sword with a difference of 0.5s on skills (0.3s if you got CD book), if you want compare that to 2 axes.

Bought Tons of Oblivion books to test all possible and usefull Skill builds to find ones for Arena, GvGs, PvP and PvE.

1. Not gonna mention how many AOE skills, trap skills are in the game which gonna cancel your stealth
  2. Not gonna mention Resist scrolls and pots which you can use to counter rogue stuns

Mages will rape you just with a Magic BAN (Extermination and DOdge skills insta removed) 

Priests, paladin will kill you easily (not gonna mention 8k heal critics and shield which absords next 6K dmg with a CD of few seconds).

So no Your points of TRYING TO FIND OUT CLASSES STRENGTH, LEARN TO PLAY THE CLASS  and rest of the things you have said are irrelevant .

Then how about you make a actual suggestion on how to fix the class instead of telling the devs to F themselves? 

Insulting the devs gets you nothing. You have to actually make a constructive argument on how to fix it.

1 hour ago, Drakoknight said:

Then how about you make a actual suggestion on how to fix the class instead of telling the devs to F themselves? 

Insulting the devs gets you nothing. You have to actually make a constructive argument on how to fix it.

Well, i have not seen a single time during all the years that DEVs actually listened. They will always end up making changes based from their "Data", and not from what actually ppl says.

If they would, Rogue (or any other Character which is struggling over the years )would not be in a current state, but this is already going for some years. 

And when it comes to "Ppl Voice" then its a Russian community not ours :)) 

So it doesnt matter at all.

Edited by pawned

1 hour ago, pawned said:

Well, i have not seen a single time during all the years that DEVs actually listened. They will always end up making changes based from their "Data", and not from what actually ppl says.

If they would, Rogue (or any other Character which is struggling over the years )would not be in a current state, but this is already going for some years. 

And when it comes to "Ppl Voice" then its a Russian community not ours :)) 

So it doesnt matter at all.

I have seen many times that the Forum Moderators have sent fixes and changes to classes from this exact forums to the Devs and they have listened. 

You can get Rogues fixed if you actually make a constructive post and not a disruptive one. 

14 hours ago, pawned said:

Comments of types like:

Your right we could on all day long with this.

You provided lots of information of disadvantages that rogues currently face as well as some things that can be done to improve things for someone playing rogue.

You information from a study you did that if you fully laid out and got enough people involved that have confirmed it on a single topic thread for it their could be a change for the better for rogues.

I am a returning player,  I did and do play rogue. When I started we had a Chevron system, 3 skills and 2 factions. When I left we didn't have expert skills and some of the classes yet. 

I've fought with and against players who were generally considered masters of what is now the 5 basic rogue skills. 

They were terrors on the battlefield.

I've read for what is more current, accounts of skilled players with said disadvantages being able to take down players which had classes that were meta'd like you said. 

That's why we're talking about skill so much.

Because it is possible, who knows maybe the player(s) that are just coming in that reads these takes the disadvantages as a challenge and finds the way to break through the current meta and changes things.

My mini guide up there is a general guide that can be used for all classes. It's not used to find a classes strengths, but to help them understand their play style with there character.

There are so many ways to play just one class that finding and understanding their play style is a big deal that can help them with their overall character build and how they play the game with others.

Now I could have gone on a long time as well with the mini guide but did not feel the need to right now.