True Friends

IceKiller

I was born into the First Born faction, as a young, weak little druid…My memory is very vivid, as I cannot remember how my journey was on Melvendil. I only remember a young, enthusiastic level 15 druid name Ugger, helping me to slay the Black Unicorn, the most powerful creature on Melvendil.  It was until I set foot on Irsenort that I met a level 18 ranger, named Twistd.

He immediately took me under his wing, being a weak elf, as I was at the time. He was my mentor, teaching me everything he knew, from where to farm, where to get certain items, and what is the best defence/offense against the mighty Mountain Clans. But soon, he became twisted; his interaction with the Mountain Clans slowly turned him into one of them. Hating some Elves and wanting to spill their blood every time he got the chance. I encountered him one day, in the Berengar Cave, as he was in Mountain Clan form, and we fought a tough battle, destroying him in the end. From that day forward, he swore he will kill me and he will hate me forever.

There I was, a level 17 elf, nowhere to go, nothing to do. My mentor, my best friend, was gone. I travelled alone for a while, trying to find myself. Trying to perfect what Twistd had taught me. And so I did, becoming stronger and stronger as the time went by.

As I was exploring the unknown parts I did not yet seen, I met a very strong, Blade Dancer named Legionn, which is until today, one of my most valuable friends. We also did a lot of things together, like farming Berengar Guards in search of the most powerful items at the time. I also remember him being the Blade Dancer with the fastest attack speed! It was amazing how he always attacked first when someone tried to steal our kills. But it later came that Legionn went away for a little while, to where I don’t know until this day. Maybe he went to look at pretty girls on the Mountain Clan side  ;D

It was until one day, I was killing Kratt, the Avenger, that I met this colorful young ranger, same level as me… His name was Syaoranx. He was quite interesting, and we had a lot to say to each other from the start. That is how I knew; he was my new friend, not mentor, but a true friend.

From that day forward, we did outrageous things together, making our own story. I remember how we use to do Crimson Corundum quest, just to get the new armor we so desperately needed. We use to attack the Mountain Clan’s land with all our might, and slay the all-powerful level 18’s just to get the reward in the end.

Then there was the time we needed new weapons, so we spent hours and hours fighting Genie of Bloody fire, slaying it time after time, just hoping he would be generous enough to give what we desired. We did not get it thought. Being a good friend in the end, I traded the valuable Crimson Corundum coins, just to see my best friend having a new Longbow, the most respected bow at the time, as for me, I just carried on with the Twisted Staff.

It was months that we carried on like this, building a stronger and stronger friendship, until we were both level 18, and decided by setting a new record by doing sanctuaries all alone. Completing the whole quest in 5 hours, we were the first people, to do it with only a druid and a ranger. This was amazing for us, knowing that we accomplished something good...

As Syaoranx and I were farming Kratt again one day, a small level 15 Blade Dancer name Problader appeared out of the cave that led to Kratt. He did not ask us to invite him for the quest, as most of the younger players did. Instead he asked to join us at farming. He was level 15… And as two level 18 players, we did not bother to talk to him. But then he kept standing there, starting to speak to us. There was a sort of fire, burning in him, and I could see his ambition to kill that powerful warrior. We eventually gave in and invited him to join us, and that is where he became our friend as well. Also doing sanctuaries a few times, and building a stronger friendship as the time went by.

I remember helping little Problader to complete the quest of Berengar so that he can get the new equipment to make him stronger as well. He was very glad and he gave me a repair scroll as reward :)

But like all tales must end, Syaoranx vanished over time, we lost contact as the time went by, and eventually, I did not see him anymore. I searched all over Arinar for him, but he was gone. He might be travelling the unknown parts of Arinar, or travelling with the mighty Berengar himself. Only time will tell me this.

As for now, I’m scouting the land of Arinar with Problader, and sometimes just sitting at the camp fire at Kamp Riff, all alone, just waiting, for a long lost friend’s return. Hoping I will see Syaoranx’s shiny purple armor, and mighty bow still in one piece, upon his arrival.

THE END

Yayyyy, u wrote about Syaaaaaoooo *hi* where is he :'(

And i never knew twisted* was ur mentor :blush:

He was pretty much the guy that taught me how to do stuff etc... So that classifies as a mentor I think :)

• 4 months later...