New necro skill " mental pit"

Melfice

Hello everybody I like to talk about new necro skill.

I hope anyone tested before posting anything I already hv this skill at4/4 and can say I second good skill after infection on 4/4 works great especially on dung or hunt bosses, in pvp also useful but smart ppl can still negate those effects like priest. Anyway let's all be happy and enjoy new necro hope :)

Agree! Very nice skill added for necro, mine on 3/4. After a few PvP thanks to +cooldown seeing druids left without heals, perfect time for setting up nightmare eye spit. Damage reduction at what seems 30%.

Agree, nice skill i have it on 3/4 as infection. Has helped me a alot on  dungeons and pvps. I have seen some people complaining on my server (Us) but i dont think is op cause im still having problems fighting Bd's 

Anyway, good to know devs didnt give us some crappy skill again 

• 2 months later...

you guys just come here and wrote , wow thanks thats good skill blah blah blah, didnt tell what skill exactly do, yes i know read the skill description but can u guys tell more about it , like will it resist to the boss with  1,5m hp , different between 1/4 and 4/4 . thats how this topic supposed to do isnt it ?

you guys just come here and wrote , wow thanks thats good skill blah blah blah, didnt tell what skill exactly do, yes i know read the skill description but can u guys tell more about it , like will it resist to the boss with  1,5m hp , different between 1/4 and 4/4 . thats how this topic supposed to do isnt it ?

Mental pit never resists (in my experience) on level 1 it reduces 10% dmg and at level 4 it reduces 40% dmg ish. Lasts around 14 seconds on level 4 i think with reasonable cooldown. I have it on 3/4 and it makes enemy skills cooldown much longer, druids are left without heal for about 5 seconds. All in all a great skill.

• 3 weeks later...

This skill turned my pala into a low lvl mob. Pvping necros is a lot more challenging, epic skill :blush:

feel you...

i_hug_that_feel.png

Edited by gladiator

• 3 weeks later...

I have just bought this skill and try it on my ranger.I lvl it up to 4/4 and like many of you already know it reduce the damage of the target at around 40%(if not exactly) and it last for 13-14 secs.What interest me most is the other effect of this skill.Yes prolong the skill cooldown.When I read the skill description,I imagine like adding 3-6 secs to the cooldown.But when I cast it on my ranger and I look at my ranger skill cooldown,it add for 10x longer for the cooldown which basically makes your enemy cooldown bar somehow stop moving/counting(because it sometime takes hundred of seconds).

But don't be fooled.Basically that hundred of seconds are just illusion,it doesn't last for entire fight.Mental pit can prolong enemy cooldown for max 13 secs.That only if you use it right after your enemy casting his skill.So basically this skill is reducing your enemy attack and stoping your enemy skill cooldown for as long as the skill in effect.Very good skill indeed.

They change this skill. The duration is reduce to about 10 secs.But they increase the debuff to 80%.Well Idk I should call it a buff or a nerf.

They change this skill. The duration is reduce to about 10 secs.But they increase the debuff to 80%.Well Idk I should call it a buff or a nerf.

It's actually huge buff. The duration is lowered only by 4 secs.

It's actually huge buff. The duration is lowered only by 4 secs.

Yeah LOL I just did some test.The funny fact is because it reduce both your magic and physical attack,it also reduce your enemy healing amount.

Just try it on arena,if you cast mental pit and your enemy heal (In my case 4/4 mental pit),they will heal half or maybe less that they should be.For druid and shaman because they heal per secs,to make them heal less,you need to cast it before they use healing skill.If they use the skill first then you cast mental pit,it wont effect they healing amount.Pretty fun looking at lvl 24 druid healing 100+ ;D Guess I will agree to call it a huge buff  ;)

Totally op in 2v2 & 1v1, necro is for sure the best class in 1v1 & 2v2.

Already with combo nightmare + panic my char couldn t almost move when i used to pvp a necro.. well now also mental pit, it s too much on my opinion.

& if ppl say tht this game is not about 1v1 is bullshit cos old players like me are bored of almost everything & they love to do 1v1 & arenas in general to find new challanges.

This skill was already "normalized", it used to be very weak on level 1 and very strong on level 4.

Now devs changed it so duration on all levels stays on 10 secs.

So basically levels 1 and 2 of this skill got buffed but level 4 got nerfed.

Also 80% reduction is misleading because you won't do 80% less damage, that's not how the game works.

When you are under 80% attack reduction, you usually do half the damage (so it's more like 50% damage reduction).

It's like hex from warlock but with slightly more duration but at the cost of the target still being allowed to use each skill once.

Yes this is a good skill but totally fair for necros to have it since they were the most noob class on the game. 

Sorry to say this but devs won't nerf a skill just because one player who can kill you.

If it were the case of a lot of necros owning everyone (like all the BDs and shamans running wild out there) then maybe devs would listen to you.

Also if you look on russian forum there a people who think this skill is not strong enough.

Edited by nabnecro

Question: if i use mental pit right after an elf uses a skill with MORE than a 10 second cooldown do they instantly get the skill usage when mental is over??

Question: if i use mental pit right after an elf uses a skill with MORE than a 10 second cooldown do they instantly get the skill usage when mental is over??

well i think mental pit then not be apilled oz he get skill use after effect wore off

mental is good skill not op

smart nect=ro make it op ,dumb necro just live few second longer

Look all i want to know is what happens to the elf skills once Mental Pit is over. Does the skill instantly recharge OR does it resume the normal cooldown rate of that skill??

Look all i want to know is what happens to the elf skills once Mental Pit is over. Does the skill instantly recharge OR does it resume the normal cooldown rate of that skill??

The cooldown starts going over the normal speed

It's easiest to think that mental pit "slows time" as far as cooldowns are concerned 

• 3 weeks later...

The skill is a tad bit op with increase cd period. The damage buff is fine and all but remove the cd block and it gets a bit more manageable.

To answer sixdog's question once an opponent uses a skill and mental pit is applied the cd gets blocked and doesnt charge up until pit gets over.After the effect it continuous from the same point...the skill doesnt instantly charge up

Edited by mailliwdxb

The skill is a tad bit op with increase cd period. The damage buff is fine and all but remove the cd block and it gets a bit more manageable.

To answer sixdog's question once an opponent uses a skill and mental pit is applied the cd gets blocked and doesnt charge up until pit gets over.After the effect it continuous from the same point...the skill doesnt instantly charge up

u lie...

if someone cast mental pit on you, yours cds go from this part wchich it was (if it was half of cd time it would still go from half cd) but skills loads slower

Edited by #zakuty

Thats what i meant by cd being blocked...

I.e it stops at that point, its still a bit on the unbalanced side

Edited by mailliwdxb

Thats what i meant by cd being blocked...

I.e it stops at that point, its still a bit on the unbalanced side

cd block mean that cd stop loading and cd bars are freezed so you didnt meant this.

it doesnt stop loading. also it depends on mental pit level, the higher the level, the slower you cooldown is recharged, but it never freezes cooldown. also if you think about it, dk silence is better. it's better to 100% prevent an enemy fromusing any skills than only making it do less damage. if you are smart, you will save your stun skills for when you are under pit (since they are not affected by attack) and use the other skills as soon as pit os over. it's kinda like priest mana steal, enemy has to think about the right time to use skills.

Edited by nabnecro

From what ive seen i would guess everyone is maxxing pit.

Damage reduction + cd increase, blow still lets you hit atleast.

Necros can also chain bind whilst keeping a distance.

A little reduce on the cd effect or dmg reduction and i would take it as a balanced skill.

From what ive seen i would guess everyone is maxxing pit.

Damage reduction + cd increase, blow still lets you hit atleast.

Necros can also chain bind whilst keeping a distance.

A little reduce on the cd effect or dmg reduction and i would take it as a balanced skill.

on mental pit you can still use normal attack too.

full stun > silence > pit.

full stun = can't use any skill, can't attack, can't move

silence = can't use any skill

mental pit = can use all your skills that are are not on cooldown once

You can't just nerf a skill because it is good. You need to look at the whole picture, and looking at the whole picture you will find out necro has many problems and inconveniences that should be compensated somehow. For instance, lowest burst damage in the entire game (yes worse than priests) and unique trait of losing 4% HP on both heals and shield (use heal and shield once = lose 350 HP or more). The hp you lose is not the only problem, it also makes heal and shield come out slower because the damage taken and it is also bad for when you are running away.

on mental pit you can still use normal attack too.

full stun > silence > pit.

full stun = can't use any skill, can't attack, can't move

silence = can't use any skill

mental pit = can use all your skills that are are not on cooldown once

You can't just nerf a skill because it is good. You need to look at the whole picture, and looking at the whole picture you will find out necro has many problems and inconveniences that should be compensated somehow. For instance, lowest burst damage in the entire game (yes worse than priests) and unique trait of losing 4% HP on both heals and shield (use heal and shield once = lose 350 HP or more). The hp you lose is not the only problem, it also makes heal and shield come out slower because the damage taken and it is also bad for when you are running away.

Yup Nah has righ im happy im not the only one necro who rly fight for class he love ,sad we on different servers but we still blive in necros and dont leave them fo other class(i only use necro) 4% hp rly suck coz is like dmg on onself its bad esspecialy coz dmg has stoping slowering effect when u cast run,move everything.

haha defended the very best skill of game in style xD

so u wana compare silence and mental pit ?

lets point out some more facts that u obviously dint care to mention

1. mental pit last much longer than silence

2. u said if a player is smart he will save stun for time wen the mental pit is used bt actually the thing is , if the necro is smart he will use mental pit + nightmare combo only wen opponent used his main stun thus making it a very disasterous combo

3. as we all know once u use a expert skill all others go in 2 sec cooldown , lets say one player used his one expert skill trying to survive then surprise! surprise he wont be able to use any expert skills while mental pit is on bcoz that 2 sec cd bcomes a forever cooldown on all experts till pit is on .

4. i think mental pit is a skill which does the job of sleep + roots + tornado combo against a heal over time type healer i.e get him healless or make him heal wen pit is on meaning damn low heal

PS- although pit is best skill of game i totally agree that necros need it :) , necros needed some good skill to be in game , they wished for dog bt  got a lion instead xD. necros r balanced now :)

Edited by noobdruid