Swooping Army

Jaan

Chieftain, one of the most popular classes on Mc Side. 

Why is "swooping army" aoe skill, able to stack with other another chiefs skill. Isn't this kinda broken?
I remember, cause of the exact same reason, Mages skill "Blazing Ground" was able to do stack with another ground before, but the game has changed that. now it can not stack with another ground, Same goes to rangers trap. So how is this fair, that Chieftains aoe can stack ? The Idea to test this thing, came into my mind last friday, when there was a lot of chieftain at the war. I unitied my guild, we were alive for 1 second. same thing is going on at raids. 

So why did the game allow this skill to stack? You can clearly see, that there is literally no chance to stay alive, when theres at least 10 chiefs using that aoe. 

a Video of Chieftains  "Swopping Army"

A video of Mages "Blazing Ground"

Im expecting the same treatment, they did to mage, because this is ridiculous. (dont let it stack)

not even locks Pool stacks.. I believe theres a big reason why.

I dont think that this fair for anyone, to avoid stacking, make the radius of this skill smaller, maybe as big as ground is. 
50 chiefs are being able to just use swopping army and nuke whatever they see. This should be changed as fast as possible. @Dr Strange  @Nolan

Spoiler

I dont expect drama under this topic, only cause im a guild leader from the elfs. leave your drama in game.

Good suggestion! I would say the are can be 4x4 but make it completely non stackable. In general the game is going into more and more mass battle/gvg type of gameplay direction where even small things like this can have huge impact on the powerbalance between 2 factions. :barbarian:

Most damage over time effects are harder to apply and already have a 30 stack limit. So why not this one.

Since most effects have swapped to being restricted to a party, easily placeable damage over time effects like mage ground, druid root dmg, warlock pool, chief swooping army and maybe others could have a maximum simultaneous damage ability (to players) of 5. Meaning a player can only take damage from this skill a maximum of 5 times per second.

Alternatively, as another similar fix, if a player takes more than 5 instances of damage within less than 1 second from the same type of skill, then the player gains damage resistance against that skill for a few seconds. 

If you want to reply to this do not mention my numbers as those are purely an example, mention the effects.

Looks completly fine to me.

Meanwhile elves don't talk about templar bubble that can affect tens of players which is a serious matter, but it's easy to blame what's on the other side and can't be beaten, but nice try!

6 minutes ago, Slap said:

Looks completly fine to me.

Meanwhile elves don't talk about templar bubble that can affect tens of players which is a serious matter, but it's easy to blame what's on the other side and can't be beaten, but nice try!

Seems completely fine to me.

Meanwhile mcs don't talk about chieftain aoe that can affect tens of players which is a serious matter, but it's easy to blame what's on the other side and can't be beaten, but nice try!

Ok its kinda funny. when you had mc Alliances, for you chieftain was very balanced. Now you just trying to find excause, way to win raid bosses vs mcs. 

1. Is only skill that makes chieftain useful, and helpful on Gvg war sides. and is only normal magic damage skill we got. 

2. If you are upset about this. we should take look at templars who can stun over 50 people w  1 bubble. it should be also limited, 1 cast = 5 people stuned for example and rest who walk or smth throught it wont get stuned then. 

3. Chieftain dont have aoe stun. or decent defence without rugged. they gonna be useless classes without swooping for guilds too.  

how it comes out phalanx runs forums after every lose? 

Edited by Higgings
Just a little adjustment

4 minutes ago, Zurp said:

Seems completely fine to me.

Meanwhile mcs don't talk about chieftain aoe that can affect tens of players which is a serious matter, but it's easy to blame what's on the other side and can't be beaten, but nice try!

Make more beastmasters, easy

4 minutes ago, Ivoo said:

Ok its kinda funny. when you had mc Alliances, for you chieftain was very balanced. Now you just trying to find excause, way to win raid bosses vs mcs. 

1. Is only skill that makes chieftain useful, and helpful on Gvg war sides. and is only normal magic damage skill we got. 

2. If you are upset about this. we should take look at templars who can stun over 50 people w  1 bubble. it should be also limited, 1 cast = 5 people stuned for example and rest who walk or smth throught it wont get stuned then. 

3. Chieftain dont have aoe stun. or decent defence without rugged. they gonna be useless classes without swooping for guilds too. 

4. Game is balanced rn, that noone in elf side respect ur guild and u cant get more than 100 online means its ur own foult, not swooping army foult. Get better nd abuse broken templars more. 

How come you manage to always make it about guilds etc instead of actually speaking about the topic?

4 minutes ago, Ivoo said:

4. Game is balanced rn, that noone in elf side respect ur guild and u cant get more than 100 online means its ur own foult, not swooping army foult. Get better nd abuse broken templars more. 

1.  It doesnt matter if its the only skill what makes chieftain useful in your opinion. you got a resist skill, a def skill, a aoe skill which can apply bleeds to anyone (no limit) how you gonna say its the only useful skill? 

2. make a topic about temp, nobody cares about them here. its chieftain section

3.  Chieftain has got a skill, which halves dmg of enemy and removes their speed. wasnt this enough?

4. no in-game drama needed here, your opinion about my guild doesnt matter either, stick to your stuff.

I lose? I just started:thanks:

17 minutes ago, legolad said:

Ah yes which the reworked so you have to WALK into it to trigger it or move in it to trigger. 

Ah yea bcs ppl doesnt move during fight. And u still can stun 40 ppl with 1 bubble. Also we can compare amount of aoe healing skills from each side or aoe cleanse. Maybe u should start makin gvg classes instead of playin rangers and seekers and makin posts at forum to nerf mcs? 

5 minutes ago, Mateusz said:

Ah yea bcs ppl doesnt move during fight. And u still can stun 40 ppl with 1 bubble. Also we can compare amount of aoe healing skills from each side or aoe cleanse. Maybe u should start makin gvg classes instead of playin rangers and seekers and makin posts at forum to nerf mcs? 

once again, has nothing to do with this topic.

Ok so the thing is u just compare wrong skills in wrong way. Blazing ground is like pool, both cant stack. Swooping is normal mechanics, its same like paladins banner. As i told before make more gvg classes, make more paladins as we did with chiefs, paladin is even better at gvgs than chief, you guys just prefer to play rangers and seekers and complain at forum. 

Elfs are already way stronger at gvgs than mcs bcs you have more aoe dmg, aoe heal, aoe cleanse, aoe stuns skills than mcs. Only reason u lose is bcs u play wrong classes. Actually it should be us who complain at forum. 

8 minutes ago, Babocool said:

once again, has nothing to do with this topic.

People give you examples, answering like this you nicely dodge the fact that elf chars are much more op than mc, idk why elfs shoud win everything,

and last then all stacking skills uncluding elf ones must be removed to be fair.

(waiting the"there is noting to do with this topic pity exuse")

6 minutes ago, Mateusz said:

Ok so the thing is u just compare wrong skills in wrong way. Blazing ground is like pool, both cant stack. Swooping is normal mechanics, its same like paladins banner. As i told before make more gvg classes, make more paladins as we did with chiefs, paladin is even better at gvgs than chief, you guys just prefer to play rangers and seekers and complain at forum. 

you are ignoring the fact that chieftain is one of most popular class on this side. You are comparing a class, who has everything it needs to be the best out all classes. you are comparing a class no one plays (cause it has literally nothing to offer), with the best which exist in this game. telling me, to create a new class, does not change the fact, that this class is way too broken in mass fights and that this skill is able to stack, is the most dumbest thing ever. you can even resist Paladins banner, no damage buff will be added.  

It literally work same as paladin banner . 

And u decided to compare it with skill that stays 10 sec on the ground that doesnt even have same mechanic while lock have indetical skill that works the same

12 minutes ago, Babocool said:

you are ignoring the fact that chieftain is one of most popular class on this side. You are comparing a class, who has everything it needs to be the best out all classes. you are comparing a class no one plays (cause it has literally nothing to offer), with the best which exist in this game. telling me, to create a new class, does not change the fact, that this class is way too broken in mass fights and that this skill is able to stack, is the most dumbest thing ever. you can even resist Paladins banner, no damage buff will be added.  

Yea and you are ignoring fact that you losing fights mostly bcs we outnumber you and we have like 15-30 locks vs 5-10 templars? Lock is shitty class too and we push our ppl (including myself) to play that class. I quit full booked barb strongest arena class to play a lock. You compare 2 completely different skills to make post about nerfing mc class just bcs as u said "paladins arent popular". Who cares u dont like paladin. I dont like lock too and i play it. Thats the difference makes us win. As i said elfs have way more op skills for gvgs, not our problem u dont use them. 

The skill itself might be fine, but the major issue here is the inconsistency. Swooping is currently the ONLY aoe damage skill that stacks in that way. It is weird that ONLY ONE skill of this type would behave like this, seems like an oversight more than anything else. 

Either have all skills of this type stack similiarly, or have swooping behave the same as other skills of it's type. That way things stay consistent.

As for the drama, babos not wrong, it doesn't concern this topic. He has very clearly showcased an inconsistency in swoopings mechanics, that is what should be discussed here, not who wins what.

Edited by vavavi

4 hours ago, vavavi said:

The skill itself might be fine, but the major issue here is the inconsistency. Swooping is currently the ONLY aoe damage skill that stacks in that way. It is weird that ONLY ONE skill of this type would behave like this, seems like an oversight more than anything else. 

Either have all skills of this type stack similiarly, or have swooping behave the same as other skills of it's type. That way things stay consistent.

You are wrong once again. I already told elfs have exactly same skill as mcs. Swooping is same as palas banner. So we dont have THE ONLY ONE aoe skill that can "stack" bro (idk why u even saying it stacks while its not, just different skill behavior mechanics). Palas banner can hit multiple targets same way as swooping. Your whole comment is just simply not true or wrong. 

4 hours ago, vavavi said:

As for the drama, babos not wrong, it doesn't concern this topic. He has very clearly showcased an inconsistency in swoopings mechanics, that is what should be discussed here, not who wins what

You didnt even answer to anything i said, u just copy paste his comment "swooping is not fair" while elfs have exactly same 1:1 skill as swooping ( i would say even better since it also increase the dmg enemies receive). 

Edited by Mateusz

33 minutes ago, Mateusz said:

You are wrong once again. I already told elfs have exactly same skill as mcs. Swooping is same as palas banner. So we dont have THE ONLY ONE aoe skill that can "stack" bro (idk why u even saying it stacks while its not, just different skill behavior mechanics). Palas banner can hit multiple targets same way as swooping. Your whole comment is just simply not true or wrong. 

There is a huge difference between the speed of the dmg, swooping hits way faster so its harder to survive. Paladins banner also has a lot higher cooldown, So even if u had 50 chiefs vs 50 palas in a group the chiefs would do a lot more dmg a lot faster. The "stacking" of dmg should be removed from both skills so all skills of this type would be the same.

5 hours ago, Babocool said:

50 chiefs are being able to just use swopping army and nuke whatever they see

50 mages are being able to just use their aoe attacks with instant damage, higher than that one of the swooping army, and nuke whatever they see times faster. Thoughts?

6 hours ago, Babocool said:

50 chiefs are being able to just use swopping army and nuke whatever they see. This should be changed as fast as possible. @Dr Strange  @Nolan

Reveal hidden contents

I dont expect drama under this topic, only cause im a guild leader from the elfs. leave your drama in game.

50 chiefs,  dude...  50!!!

While 10 mages do the work of 50 chiefs....

1 mage = 3 chief   

(literally, you can Check) 

As a owner of a paladin, i can agree that swooping army works the same as paladin banner but a bit faster (and a bit stronger too,  gm pls buff banner a bit xd) 

I really don't see the difference, I've also been in wars/gvg and it's exactly the same with sentinels, i died in 0,1 sec after unity mostly from mages and rangers, also being under stun for almost 10 seconds, also random relic debuffs pops up mostly the snow-stun relic  etc. 

I don't think chief's aoe is the main problem here. It is very low in the 1v1 any with arena set could tank it of, which is main reason people doesn't use it even on 5v5. Changing its abilities would need buff on its 1v1 abilities for sure then, which wouldn't probably solve your problem either, if you see 25-30 chiefs on area.

I'd still shoot the main point which devs have respectfully thought on skills per class, to not make every class just same and boring. It's pretty simple.

1. Chief, good damage, good support, but lack of control / stun skills (one stun skill which needs another skill to be used)

2. Mage, good dmg, not-so-good support (just resist+mages shielding skill), good group control

altough I don't mind if blazing would be such same skill but without the end-bleed effect, which chief's skill doesn't have:rolleyes:

5 hours ago, God Emerald said:

Ill come back here tomorrow after MCs fill this topic with comments and flames, cant wait to read all :sleeping-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:

I don't think MCS used unity on here:love1pig:

Is just phalanx issue. i asked us and br elf. they dont seem it that broken and saying it supposed to be so. while skill duration is 5 sec only xd. its not swooping army foult that, u used Orcinus octopus book in ranger, not mage or didnt recruit enough mages. 

5 hours ago, Mateusz said:

You didnt even answer to anything i said, u just copy paste his comment "swooping is not fair". 

I wasn't answering to you, thats probably why. Nor did i say its not fair, i said its behavior is inconsistent. You, as a person who is actually answering, might want to read the comment you're answering to.

5 hours ago, Mateusz said:

Okay, there are 2 skills that stack, theyre also very different. Swooping does dmg alot faster than banner, while reducing dodge. It's alot closer to blazing than banner in damage capability. But sure, 2 different, equally as inconsistent skills. But theres also like 6 other aoe damage skills that don't work this way.

Edited by vavavi

1 hour ago, Ivoo said:

Is just phalanx issue. i asked us and br elf. they dont seem it that broken and saying it supposed to be so. while skill duration is 5 sec only xd. its not swooping army foult that, u used Orcinus octopus book in ranger, not mage or didnt recruit enough mages. 

Could you ask  every single country player too? It doesn't matter who you've asked.

Yet he's here to tell everyone which books I have used on my character.  Kid, this has nothing to do with my guild and my character. 

perhaps you didn't see devs commentary, chief is mostly damage class, while mage is focused on stun / pull players out as well. Mage is more compared to warlock than chief, even while you can't just compare classes even like that. Chiefs strength is its damage, other AoE control is second-lowest on the game. They don't have actual group moving / stunning abilities, which is main reason of them having high damage. If we ask why paladins have lesser damage on banner, it's because paladin is tank class, and he have as well better stun abilities than chief, you can't put all good skills on one class even you want to. 

12 minutes ago, Bromancé said:

you can't put all good skills on one class even you want to. 

Did you ever see chieftain skills? They're godlike. They got all you need.

25 minutes ago, Bromancé said:

you can't put all good skills on one class even you want to. 

No one want to pull the skill, maybe you need to read again. The skill is okay, the stacking ability on a class which is like 50% of the mc side makes it broken. They nerfed blazing ground because of the same reason, hope they will be fair and do the same for chieftains, which causes banner nerf too just like happened to warlock. 

38 minutes ago, Babocool said:

Did you ever see chieftain skills? They're godlike. They got all you need.

No, what is name of the stun kill in chief? 

23 minutes ago, sandwitch said:

No one want to pull the skill, maybe you need to read again. The skill is okay, the stacking ability on a class which is like 50% of the mc side makes it broken. They nerfed blazing ground because of the same reason, hope they will be fair and do the same for chieftains, which causes banner nerf too just like happened to warlock. 

I did read again, and nothing changed. If elfs having 50% of elf side templars, wouldn't it make elf side broken? There is nothing else, look at this: 

11 hours ago, Babocool said:

I dont think that this fair for anyone, to avoid stacking, make the radius of this skill smaller, maybe as big as ground is. 

50 chiefs are being able to just use swopping army and nuke whatever they see. This should be changed as fast as possible.

So what about 50 templars on war, would it be fair? 50 of any aoe class is game changer, you can't blame on other if you simply get outnumbered by others, or you may, just make 50 templars. Didn't your guild make 20 of low lvl warlocks as well for war? 

16 minutes ago, Bromancé said:

No, what is name of the stun kill in chief?

Trashing + frenzy or whatever its called. As you said, classes can't have the best skills on one.

But so far, if at least 40% on the mc side are chiefs, this skill should not stack.

Edited by Babocool

3 minutes ago, Babocool said:

But so far, if at least 40% on the mc side are chiefs, this skill should not stack.

So swooping shouldn't stack but templars reverse flow should? Or palas fetters of justice should? chiefs power is its damage, so is reverse flow for templars:aggressive:

7 minutes ago, sandwitch said:

Except it will never happen due to the class being bad, unlike chief 

Who says this class is bad what pulls enemy way off from road?

2 hours ago, vavavi said:

Swooping does dmg alot faster than banner, while reducing dodge.

Paladins banner last longer and doing more dmg, so the dmg output is almost the same. Also it has very op debuff cant even compare to chief. When i was playin elf side as paladin everyone was sayin how op is banner in group fights. 

26 minutes ago, sandwitch said:

Except it will never happen due to the class being bad, unlike chief

As i said its only urs problem u dont like such class. We literally push our ppl to quit useless classes and make locks. Meanwhile u want to change game mechanics to start winning by playing same classes. 

Edited by Mateusz

56 minutes ago, Babocool said:

But so far, if at least 40% on the mc side are chiefs

Thats also not true at all. I did count our numbers of diff classes in fights. Chiefs, shams, locks and hunters are mostly same number in fights. Chiefs are maybe like 20% of all classes in mc side. Soon u gonna make post about nerfing lock bcs many of us quitted their chars and made locks? You losing by playing wrong classes and getting outnumbered by us and you want change the game mechanics thats really funny xDD