[2012.03.19] Under development: Paladin — Knight of the Heavenly Order

Kuzmitch

Dear players!

Today we are starting to publish detailed information about the classes that are waiting for you in Warspear Online 3.0 update. We start with one of the most interesting classes - Paladin.

Опубликованное фото

Introduction

Five centuries have passed since the Chosen founded their new capital on the banks of Langasard. The city named Oltgard was built soon, a lot of sweat has been shed on its stones. Duke Almis who led the people in the Last Battle was the first Emperor of the young nation. At the end of his life Almis decided to crown his wise rule with the great gratitude to God Harad. He ordered to begin construction of a magnificent temple, personally laying the cornerstone.

Growing up in the middle of Oltgard majestic cathedral became a true center of spiritual power of the Chosen. Under the arches of this beautiful temple Almis proclaimed the beginning of the Order of the Heavenly Light, devoted to paladins seven of the best knights of his powers. Order quickly fastened the new brothers - there was no greater honor for warrior of the human race than to take the hand of the Emperor's Hammer and the inextinguishable lamp, in memory of pre-original Fire of Harad, breathed life into the first humans.

Almis died a year after the foundation of the Order. He willed paladins to elect among themselves the most valiant and mighty warrior - the Grand Master, the one who is destined to lead the holy warriors into battle. Any young warrior dreaming, proving their courage and devotion to the emperor, to become a Grand Master. The head of the Order carries the sword, which Almis fought against the soldiers of the Legion in the terrible years of the War of the Spear. According to legend, this is the sword which will help to survive the Empire of Chosen in hour of great trial - or, conversely, will bring its downfall.

Paladins of the Order are called to defend the frontiers of the Empire - on the Langasard, as well as lands where the settlements of the Chosen lies. In rare instances Paladins go to battles to distant shores and Moraktar and Godgorrat to fight the enemies to the glory of the Emperor and Harad. But only the most desperate holy brothers were able to break through the Purple Storm raging off the coast of the undead. And the way through the eternal ice surrounding the island of Mountain Clans was disastrous for many. But precisely this is the recognition of any paladin:

"Execute the order of the Emperor - the true governor of Harad on the ground or die with the name of the creator on the lips."

The mechanics of the fight

Paladin is a new class with the mechanics of close combat, which not only uses physical force for attacks, but he can surprise by causing damage with the power of magic.

For effective combat Paladins use both light and heavy armor. They prefer one-handed maces or axes, coupled with a shield for defense or take in both hands a two-handed hammer or two-handed axe and rush into the attack.

Truly believing and worshiping their god Harad, Chosen found a balance between mind and body, which allows the Paladin to increase the maximum amount of energy and better defend itself against attacks based on the strength of the magic of the moon.

By creating a Paladin as a class in its basic configuration, we decided to combine the quality of the protective and supporting role. This allows to play Paladin as support healer or a support defender when it is necessary.

As a full-fledged defender Paladin can hold on himself a dangerous opponent with high damage. Also, if you want, you can keep attacking an entire group of enemies, chaining them to the ground and at the same time not allowing them to use skills. In addition to the protective features of paladins they can cause a serious damage to enemies, fallen under the influence of his Shackles of Justice.

To maintain the life of the group itself, or a Paladin can instantly restore a small amount of health. Another useful feature is the presence of a supportive Paladin aura, which increases the efficiency of healing skills. It applies not only to the paladin, but also to the members of his group.

Paladins are designed to add strength and support to the troops of the Keepers.

Skills description

Spirituality (passive skill of the Chosen). The balance of mind and body has allowed to increase the maximum amount of energy and protection against attacks based on the strength of the magic of the Moon.

Persuasion. With his innate magical abilities Paladin focuses a target on himself, causing it to attack the Paladin for some time.

Shackles of Justice. Riveted to the ground all enemies standing close to the paladin. Does not allow them to move and use skills.

Purification. Causes increased physical damage in the melee to one enemy. If the opponent was under the influence of the Shackles of Justice, it is superimposed by effect of Purification and it will damage with magic for some time.

Heavenly light. Paladin instantly restores a small amount of health to himself or an ally.

The aura of light. Paladin gives grace to all allies in the group and increases all effects of healing.

Looks perfectly fine to me... ill assume there's going to be new weapons available in CC shop and shops (maces and two handed hammer) for paladin ;D

OMFG, HEAL SELF? STOP ENEMY FROM MOVING + NOT USING SKILL AROUND HIM? INCREASE HEALING PERFORMANCE?  A TANK WITH HEAL??  :bad:  Holy shit, you just made Ranger look like a Lvl 12 druid  :facepalm:  Well are the other classes gonna be OP too? this is bad...

:bad: guess I'm not into paladin no more..doesn't fit my style of fighting lol but other than that its nice :good:..hammering time!

A nice warriorclass, but mix between warrior and healer? I bet most of them weak noobs like the most elfdruids. Hope some good players understands it and make a perfect battlemachine with this char. All in all not my class, hope necromancer better for me.

OMFG, HEAL SELF? STOP ENEMY FROM MOVING + NOT USING SKILL AROUND HIM? INCREASE HEALING PERFORMANCE?  A TANK WITH HEAL??  :bad:  Holy shit, you just made Ranger look like a Lvl 12 druid  :facepalm:  Well are the other classes gonna be OP too? this is bad...

cant u guys enjoy anything? :nea:  if it stops enemy from moving and using skills then the shaman does that too with earthquake and blinding ......  :facepalm: 

I think nothing new with the skill just d name sound more cool  :fool:  skill its like mix n match from all class in elf n human..  wish more gud skill with d rest class  up coming..  :drinks:

cant u guys enjoy anything? :nea:  if it stops enemy from moving and using skills then the shaman does that too with earthquake and blinding ......  :facepalm:

yes, but a tank who can heal himself? doesn't that sound OP? increase healing performance too, are you not reading? well hopefully all classes are OP, so then there would be balance but rich still rule ofc  :facepalm: 

Whatever the new chars skill is made off people who can bought thousands of mcoins will still be  the most OP i dont see the enjoyment because of that..

yes, but a tank who can heal himself? doesn't that sound OP? increase healing performance too, are you not reading? well hopefully all classes are OP, so then there would be balance but rich still rule ofc  :facepalm:

i read mate and because i read i saw that they say a SMALL AMOUNT of his health thats not a big problem and about increasing healing performance that might be OP but thats one skill  :pardon:

but am with u that rich still rules  :facepalm:

:shok: :shok: :shok: too OP,elfs r too much happy now :pleasantry: hope forsaken too hav some cool skills :pardon: if not kuz :aggressive:

enjoys all  :drinks:

The game engine doesn't allow auras?

Make some skill with visible aura.

(Shining character )

:shok: :shok: :shok: too OP,elfs r too much happy now :pleasantry: hope forsaken too hav some cool skills :pardon: if not kuz :aggressive:

They can eat enemies hands and feet, don't worry, we are more OP  8)

;D paladins will be very useful at medusa then maybe we can farm with less stress and less pot. Good they will be useful in so many ways

;D paladins will be very useful at medusa then maybe we can farm with less stress and less pot. Good they will be useful in so many ways

almost everytime the players got stronger, so did the mobs

so templar like all skills...heal...didnt suprise...paladin/templar have this heal skill if you ever player rpg..

bd skill of agro

overall sounds interesting..i can only say its good after playing it...i bet that deathknight will fuk the shit of these gay warriors  :pleasantry:

THIS IS TIME OF FORSAKEN :diablo: :diablo: ...can anyone tell me who said this line in wow?

hint-bolver lead army of horde n allince to chalenge arthas at ice palace..hehehe