Skill build

Aglaophotis

Hello fellow mages

I just came back on the best class of the game, and noticed a lot of things changed. Both dragon eye and ethereal barrier seems to be nerfed (for good reasons).

Shattered stones, and many others skills have been modified too.

Since we can run 2 builds simultaneously, what do you have ?

Single target hitting with fireball/frost/roaring/overload ? Aoe hitting with time warp, shattered stones,  aura of fire/blazing ground ? Or mixed with the support skills like sun armor/ethereal barrier/dragon eye ? 

Feel free to share your feeling about your mage playstyle :ok:

• 2 months later...

I prefer not counting on dmg skills since mage typically has a low dps when compared to dmgrs , so i rely on support+tanky skills mainly and i see it the best pvp build rn after the major rework done on mages. 

Shattered 3/5,Chains 5/5,Sun armor 5/5, Ennoble 4/4,Magic ban 4/4/Barrier 4/4,Eye +Roaring2/4. ( I got 1 extra skill point from talent tree)

2 hours ago, Kakoka said:

I prefer not counting on dmg skills since mage typically has a low dps when compared to dmgrs , so i rely on support+tanky skills mainly and i see it the best pvp build rn after the major rework done on mages. 

Shattered 3/5,Chains 5/5,Sun armor 5/5, Ennoble 4/4,Magic ban 4/4/Barrier 4/4,Eye +Roaring2/4. ( I got 1 extra skill point from talent tree)

A mage can deal x2 the damage of a chieftain, what do you mean?

14 hours ago, Kakoka said:

Low dps??? 

Literally this class is a walking bomb, everything around him dies :tired2:

On 4/27/2023 at 11:49 AM, Ahmed Didar said:

A mage can deal x2 the damage of a chieftain, what do you mean?

You are a bit mistaken , mages or casters in general do not compete with any physical dmg class when it comes to actually dealing dmg + chieftain is prob one of the most op characters to play rn while mage kept getting nerfed . 

16 hours ago, Ryohei said:

Low dps??? 

Literally this class is a walking bomb, everything around him dies :tired2:

I meant a low dps when compared to dmgrs class ,mainly bds rangers hunters :duc1ky:

5 hours ago, Kakoka said:

You are a bit mistaken , mages or casters in general do not compete with any physical dmg class when it comes to actually dealing dmg + chieftain is prob one of the most op characters to play rn while mage kept getting nerfed . 

I meant a low dps when compared to dmgrs class ,mainly bds rangers hunters :duc1ky:

it performs even better than chief, what do you mean

I remember a mage taking aggro from boss in spring dynamic quest from me while i was in physical mode.

Edited by Ahmed Didar

20 hours ago, Ahmed Didar said:

I remember a mage taking aggro from boss in spring dynamic quest from me while i was in physical mode.

It could be his gears r more op , skills talented,got books , if both were in same conditions mages wont compete.

• 5 weeks later...
On 2/19/2023 at 12:34 PM, Aglaophotis said:

Hello fellow mages

I just came back on the best class of the game, and noticed a lot of things changed. Both dragon eye and ethereal barrier seems to be nerfed (for good reasons).

Shattered stones, and many others skills have been modified too.

Since we can run 2 builds simultaneously, what do you have ?

Single target hitting with fireball/frost/roaring/overload ? Aoe hitting with time warp, shattered stones,  aura of fire/blazing ground ? Or mixed with the support skills like sun armor/ethereal barrier/dragon eye ? 

Feel free to share your feeling about your mage playstyle :ok:

I am a returning player and I am also a mage, still getting back into the swing of things, looking forward to figuring out how I'll use expert skills for my play style 

On 4/27/2023 at 1:10 AM, Kakoka said:

On 4/28/2023 at 8:15 AM, Kakoka said:

On 4/28/2023 at 1:22 PM, Ahmed Didar said:

I understand the logic of both and follow and done far more with the latter, although chieftain is new to me.

I'll give a double example with the same story for both 

Back when we had two factions and 3 skills ( with a resurgence once we had 4 factions and 5 skills), magic classes especially if you were Elf (mc dominated at the time) were generally hunted killed by mc and you had to party in order to go anywhere due to being a squishy magic user against rogues in particular, I being myself still solo'd and would still traverse the map to do what I set out to do. 

While still dying plenty of times I eventually had enough skill and semi decent gear of the time before getting solidly decked out, to not only hold my own but usually against multiple mc, I then was normally left alone unless it was someone new or a large enough group while traversing the mc side of the map.

While partying especially once I was kitted out nicely I usually had to wait until the last 20-30% depending on the mini boss and eventually raid boss to wait and use my attack skills as I can and did pull aggro, usually upsetting the tempo until then.

We eventually had a setup utilizing this especially during raids to take advantage of this on both sides so we could save a party or needed player from wiping.