Damage to Characters

AntraxXL

I would like to know how much damage a dk would cause to characters in these 2 cases.  

1. enemy with 8000 physical defense and 60% resilience.  Dk with 1050 physical damage, 50% ferocity, 30% penetration and 2.5 attack strength.  

2. Enemy with the same attributes as above.  Dk with 1100 physical damage, 50% ferocity and 23% penetration.  

If anyone can solve this doubt, I would appreciate it, and leave the calculations you used to arrive at the result.  I'm setting up my PvP dk and I'm in doubt if I'm going to do more damage with the spring apple or with the arena mace with physical damage crystal.

On 1/23/2023 at 9:32 AM, AntraxXL said:

I would like to know how much damage a dk would cause to characters in these 2 cases.  

1. enemy with 8000 physical defense and 60% resilience.  Dk with 1050 physical damage, 50% ferocity, 30% penetration and 2.5 attack strength.  

2. Enemy with the same attributes as above.  Dk with 1100 physical damage, 50% ferocity and 23% penetration.  

If anyone can solve this doubt, I would appreciate it, and leave the calculations you used to arrive at the result.  I'm setting up my PvP dk and I'm in doubt if I'm going to do more damage with the spring apple or with the arena mace with physical damage crystal.

8k physical defense is about 55% damage reduction towards melee damage (not taking in account the penetration) while 60% resilience is a flat 60% reduction towards any player's attack + basically disabling any rng critical hits recived by them.
case 1:
the 30% penetration takes the damage reduction to a 25% and the 50% ferocity increases the what i will call damage potential (highest damage in one possible hit) for the auto attack to a player to 1575 and the 2.5% attack strenght increases it to about 1614 (this value as been rounded by defect), so going aiganist a deffense of 25% and a 60% resilience it will deal about 484 damage towards the player no matter the deffense priority.
case 2:
while in this case we get an 1650 damage potential and the enemy defense gets decreased to 32% due to the lower penetration making it a  448 (rounded by defect) damage onto the enemy player on a auto attack

ps. in terms of skills, thats too many numbers for me to run and also i am at school writing this, but i hope this info will help you

On 28/01/2023 at 05:04, lore disse:

8k de defesa física é cerca de 55% de redução de dano em relação a dano corpo a corpo (sem levar em conta a penetração), enquanto 60% de resiliência é uma redução plana de 60% em relação ao ataque de qualquer jogador + basicamente desativando qualquer acerto crítico recebido por eles.
caso 1:
a penetração de 30% leva a redução de dano para 25% e a ferocidade de 50% aumenta o que chamo de potencial de dano (maior dano em um golpe possível) para o ataque automático a um jogador para 1575 e o ataque de 2,5% strenght aumenta para cerca de 1614 (este valor foi arredondado por defeito), portanto, indo contra uma defesa de 25% e uma resiliência de 60%, ele causará cerca de 484 de dano ao jogador, independentemente da prioridade de defesa.
caso 2:
enquanto neste caso obtemos um potencial de dano de 1650 e a defesa inimiga diminui para 32% devido à menor penetração, tornando-a um dano de 448 (arredondado por defeito) no jogador inimigo em um ataque automático

ps. em termos de habilidades, são muitos números para eu executar e também estou na escola escrevendo isso, mas espero que esta informação ajude você

Does penetration affect damage reduction percentage directly? I swore it decreased the numerical value, which will also affect the defense reduction, but to a lesser extent. This question of mine is whether it's worth it to put my spring penetration mace +10 or the arena mace. And wow, not even 500 physical damage causes kkkkk. practically impossible to kill someone under these conditions.

21 hours ago, AntraxXL said:

Does penetration affect damage reduction percentage directly? I swore it decreased the numerical value, which will also affect the defense reduction, but to a lesser extent. This question of mine is whether it's worth it to put my spring penetration mace +10 or the arena mace. And wow, not even 500 physical damage causes kkkkk. practically impossible to kill someone under these conditions.

Generally speaking when comparing weapon damage to opponents you are safer to just completely ignore whatever Defense values they might have generally speaking as its easier to judge simply based on your offensive potential and some common sense.

As the Base damage difference between your weapons isn't even 5% And you get the capped ferocity of 50% with both options, the spring mace is obviously the better choice here as you get a much higher Penetration stat and you also get some extra auto attack damage. 

The only time when the arena weapon in this case would be better is if the opponent only had 23% damage reduction from defense to begin with so the higher penetration wouldn't matter in which case you'd do slightly higher damage with the arena weapon at least while using skills. Spring mace would still be basically almost same damage on the auto attacks due to the 2.5% boost though. 

The latter example is kind of rare these days as you tend to get more defense with just about any class and just using defense runes even with cloth gear.