What can I expect as a f2p player?

Mivadeth

Greetings,

a friend of mine and I downloaded this game three days ago, we did not know anything about it but we were looking for an old school MMO to discover and explore together, and I have to say, it is looking promising for now. We are leveling at our own pace playing 1 to 2 hours per night with our phones and we are having a blast! It also helps a lot that this game is portable because I am a father of twins and being able to play on my tablet is just amazing.

I have been reading some things about the game and it seems this is a game where you can pay to obtain powerful items, so it is indeed a p2w game. Well I don't really care about it because I am a grown adult, so if I want to pay anytime I kinda can, but I would rather not, obviously. The main idea is stick to the free to play version for the moment. As I said we are just starting so I am asking this just in curiosity.

As a free to play player, what will I be able to do? I assume I will be able to reach max lvl and adquire equipment in my character and make it strong, will I be able to play some arenas or will I get obliterated the moment I step in? How is the endgame PvE ( dungeons etc ) for free to play players? We are interested in doing both in the long term.

If it serves for help I chose the Paladin class and he chose the Seeker class.

This game isnt p2p, everything is free (except bp But this does not interfere with progress.) Money only makes it a little faster to advance in the game, But only that, the difficulty is the same for everyone. 

While an f2p player has the same chances of being as powerful as someone who uses a lot of money, only a little slower. 

Money It's just for:  skins, costumes, quest stuff, And some necessary things on offer like seals, crystals, etc, 

This can also be achieved with gold, so it is not a problem. 

pvp : the pvp nowadays based on stuns, But they have been adjusting this for all classes, the disadvantage is that there are some things that, despite being scarce, some players have, and this makes them incredibly strong, to the point of being almost invincible, this is reason for fights in the forum by nerf x class only by this player.

Pve: I think that in this area it is relatively good, each class fulfills its function, (some more than others), but this is not cause for fighting, they are different classes, therefore each one works in its own way. 

Guilds: Uhmm... Personally this is the subject that I despise the most, in short, there are guilds much stronger than others. Unfortunately there will always be a guild that stands out from the rest, almost always elfs, (in EU emerald, there is a guild becoming tyrannical and toxic that dominates both sides elf and mc)

Leaving aside the bad, the game is fun, I recommend playing on both sides (mc, elf) do not tie yourself in just one

It doesn't hurt to expand the experience:not_okay:

I am a f2p player and there are some difficulties if you choose to rush the game. Enjoy the game and just make sure to make some good friends as they will help you out the most. 

Thanks for the answers guys, it is good to know that this is not a p2w game, I don't care that people who pays have advantages as long as it does not make the game unplayable for the rest! Also for the moment we are going to stick in humans/elves faction but we might try the other factions later. We do not plan to rush, in fact I would like to equip my character through the levels instead of rushing max level and then equip as you do in other games suchs as WoW. We are enjoying the process :)

On 1/9/2023 at 2:23 AM, Mivadeth said:

Thanks for the answers guys, it is good to know that this is not a p2w game, I don't care that people who pays have advantages as long as it does not make the game unplayable for the rest! Also for the moment we are going to stick in humans/elves faction but we might try the other factions later. We do not plan to rush, in fact I would like to equip my character through the levels instead of rushing max level and then equip as you do in other games suchs as WoW. We are enjoying the process :)

Paid related stuff is still strong but you can easily get it through thr second hand dealer if your ok with some grind. Just know that it's not mandatory anyways as the whales in guilds tends to sell to guild members with a fair discount anyways. 

Only thing you really need to focus on getting if you do want to spend money is imp-signs and costumes. Those sell for great amount of gold in game and plus costumes are always cool