Death Knight Changes - 11.2v

Khrone

First of all, i want to say i'm extremely unhappy with this update.

Developers managed to completely destroy the class, and the last changelist made the feeling even worse.  

Anyways, these are the changes (so far):  

Forsaken

All classes of the Forsaken faction have had the cost of almost all of their base skills reduced by 1-2 pt. on all development levels.

Death Knight

Thorn of Death

• Skill cooldown increased from 9 sec. to 10 sec.
  • Spoiler
    • Now the damage from the skill does not depend on the level of the character: it was 2 pts. per level.
    • The amount of damage from the skill has been adjusted: it was 25 \ 40 \ 55 \ 70 \ 85 pts. and 102 \ 104 \ 108 \ 108 \ 110% of the character's physical strength, now it is 20 \ 40 \ 60 \ 80 \ 100 pts. and 115 \ 120 \ 125 \ 130 \ 135% of the character's physical strength.
  • The final physical damage of the skill has changed: instant damage slightly increased, damage per minute practically unchanged.

Comments: No comments.

Exhalation of Darkness

• Spoiler
    • Now the damage from the skill does not depend on the level of the character: it was 2 pts. per level.
    • The amount of damage from the skill has been adjusted: it was 20 \ 30 \ 40 \ 50 \ 60 pts. and 102 \ 104 \ 106 \ 108 \ 110% of the character's magical strength, now it is 30 \ 55 \ 80 \ 105 \ 130 pts. and 105 \ 110 \ 115 \ 120 \ 130% of the character's magical strength.
  • Adjusted the duration of the “Exhalation of Darkness” effect from 5 sec. to 10 sec.
  • The final magical damage of the skill has significantly increased.
  • Fixed the error due to which the damage of the skill couldn’t be critical.

Comments: So we got more damage, it can crit and we have more time to hit a basic attack.

I could be happy about these buffs if the nerf to other skills weren't worse.

Threads of Darkness

• Reduced the range of the skill from 5 yards to 4 yards.
  • The duration of the “Immobilization” effect has been adjusted: from 1.5 sec. to 2 sec.

Comments: Less range but 0.5 seconds more control. No comments.

Dark Shield

• Skill cooldown reduced from 30 sec. to 25 sec.
  • Now the skill with a 30 \ 45 \ 50 \ 60 \ 75% chance reduces the damage taken by the character by 2.5 \ 3 \ 3.5 \ 4 \ 4.5% of the character’s physical defense against monster attacks and by 1.5 \ 2 \ 2.5 \ 3 \ 3.5% of the character's physical defense against player attacks.
  • Adjusted the duration of the effect: from 30 \ 40 \ 50 \ 60 \ 70 sec. to 22 \ 24 \ 26 \ 28 \ 30 sec.  

Comments: Now we have a formula on how the skill works, and apparently, it is better now, but the duration got nerfed to (almost) match the cooldown. Then i ask myself, you and developers: Why not make this skill an active skill like Saturation? 

Literally every DK walks around with it active 100% of the time, and having to use the same skill every 30 seconds is pretty annoying. Imagine having to use Power of Relaxation or Exarcebation again everytime the effect wears off? And the worst part is the skill doesn't even have a visual effect besides a cool animation that lasts like 2 seconds when you use it, so you don't have anything to help you notice when you need to use the skill again, except the small buff square disappearing below your HP bar.

Death Call

• Spoiler
    • Now the damage from the skill does not depend on the base damage: it was 60 \ 80 \ 100 \ 120 pts.
    • Now the damage from the skill does not depend on the level of the character: it was  2 \ 3 \ 4 \ 5 pts. per level.
    • Adjusted the amount of damage from the skill: from 110 \ 115 \ 120 \ 125% of the character's magical strength for 6 sec., to 20 \ 25 \ 30 \ 35% of the character's magical strength every 1,5 sec. for 6 sec. 
    • Added limit for the maximum number of PvE-targets for skill damage: 8 \ 10 \ 12 \ 14.
    • Adjusted the maximum number of PvP-targets: from 2 \ 3 \ 4 \ 5 to 3 \ 4 \ 5 \ 6.
  • The final magical damage of the skill has slightly decreased.

Comments: The damage of this skill wasn't even noticeable, what's the point of nerfing it even more? I have honestly nothing to say about it besides that.

Steel Hurricane

• Spoiler
    • Now the physical damage from the skill does not depend on the base damage: it was 20 \ 40 \ 50 \ 60 pts.
    • Now the physical damage from the skill does not depend on the level of the character: it was 2 pts. per level.
    • The amount of physical damage from the skill has been adjusted: it was 60 \ 75 \ 90 \ 109% of the character's physical strength, now it is 105 \ 110 \ 120 \ 135% of the character's physical strength.
    • Now the magical damage from the skill does not depend on the base damage: it was 20 \ 40 \ 50 \ 60 pts.
    • Now the magical damage from the skill does not depend on the level of the character: it was 2 pts. per level.
    • The amount of magical damage from the skill has been adjusted: it was 90 \ 115 \ 145 \ 190% of the character's magical strength, now it is 130 \ 140 \ 155 \ 175% of the character's magical strength.
    • Added limit for the maximum number of PvE-targets: 8 \ 10 \ 12 \ 14.
  • The final physical damage of the skill has slightly increased.
  • The final magical damage of the skill has slightly decreased.
  • Added a Dodge check to the damage of the skill.

Comments: Oh, yeah, the skill which sole purpose was simply dealing damage.

No increased damage like Knight's Curse. No crowd control like Blow of Silence. No healing like Sharp Shadow.

Just damage, and that's it.

Guess what? They also nerfed its damage! :D

But wait, it was only the magical damage that got nerfed, the physical damage got buffed instead! 

There is just a small problem, AIGRIND... 

You made the magic DK subclass to deal damage while the physical DK keeps being the tank ones. That being said, physical DKs don't level up this skill since they need defensive skills like Secret Reserves or Blood Protection to tank.

The only useful thing about these changes is that it got buffed on lower levels (+45% physical and +40% magical damage), so i can keep it in 1/4 and use my precious points in other skills.  

Sharp Shadow

• Spoiler
    • Now the magical damage from the skill does not depend on the base damage: it was 55 \ 88 \ 110 \ 130 pts.
    • Now the magical damage from the skill does not depend on the level of the character: it was 1 \ 2 \ 3 \ 3,5 pts. per level.
    • The amount of magical damage from the skill has been adjusted: it was 140 \ 155 \ 170 \ 190% of the character's magical strength, now it is 135 \ 150 \ 170 \ 190% of the character's magical strength.
  • The chance of triggering the “Stun” effect has been increased: it was 35 \ 45 \ 55 \ 80%, now it is 100%.
  • Now the skill additionally restores the character's health by 10 \ 12 \ 16 \ 20% of the character's maximum health if the character is under the effect of the “Saturation” skill (previously - depending on the damage dealt).
  • The final magical damage of the skill has slightly decreased.
  • Removed the Parry check from the damage of the skill.
  • Added separate checks for damage and effect of thes kill: damage can only be negated by Dodge \ Block, while effect can only be affected by Resistance.

Comments: I have mixed feelings about this. Even though i'm sad the damage got nerfed, the new healing, stun chance and the last 2 changes made the skill A LOT better. 

Blow of the Silence

• The skill now applies the “Power of Silence” buff on the character for 7 \ 8 \ 9 \ 10 sec., which increases the character’s physical and magical strength by 5 \ 15 \ 20 \ 25% until the next attack.
  • Attack under the effect will additionally apply the "Mute" debuff for 4 \ 5 \ 6 \ 7 sec. on the target and all enemies within 1 yard.
  • Added limit for the maximum number of PvP-targets: 3 \ 4 \ 5 \ 6.
  • Fixed the error due to which the effect of the skill did not trigger from damage over time. 

Comments: I'm not that much of a PvP player and never even bought this skill, but considering the PvP power of the Death Knight, i could say this change was almost unnecessary. However, the DK lacked an AoE control when almost every class had at least one, so it's acceptable and understandable.

Secret Reserves

• Fixed a bug due to which the effect that reduces damage from monsters sometimes did not work on the character while the skill was on cooldown.

Comments: Just bug fix, i have no comments.

Aura of Hatred

• The size of the increase in physical and magical power has been adjusted: it was 5 \ 7 \ 10 \ 15%, now it is 5 \ 6 \ 8 \ 10%.
  • Adjusted the duration of the effect: from 15 \ 20 \ 30 \ 45 sec. to 50 \ 60 \ 70 \ 80 sec.
  • The skill now increases the character's “Accuracy” parameter by 9 \ 11 \ 13 \ 15%.
  • The class key talent “Bounty of Death" now applies an additional buff to all party members within 7 yards (previously 4 allies within 3 yards). Effect strength reduced by 25% (was - 50%).

Comments: Like someone said in Russian forum: they made Accuracy important for DK by making almost every damage skill being dodgeable.

Even Knight's Curse, which is an AoE skill (not supposed to be dodgeable) got Dodge checks. Honestly, i have no comments about it.

Blood Protection 

• Now the skill can be used not only on the character, but also on an ally.

Comments: Useless. This is definitely what we did NOT need. If you need to use this skill on an ally, that means you're not tanking right.

Now, the most controversial changes:

Knight's Curse 

• Now, if the effect of "Kiss of Death" was removed from the target, it will cause the cursed zone to instantly appear.
  • Adjusted the amount of magical damage from the skill: from 110 \ 130 \ 155 \ 180%  of the character's magical strength every 2 sec. for 8 \ 10 \ 12 \ 14 sec., to 55 \ 65 \ 75 \ 85% of the character's magical strength every 1.5 sec. for 15 sec. 
  • Added limit for the maximum number of PvE-targets: 8 \ 10 \ 12 \ 14.
  • The final magical damage of the skill has changed: instant damage slightly decreased, damage per minute significantly decreased.
  • Added a Dodge check to the damage of the skill.

Comments: No. Just no.

First of all: What is the point of adding a Dodge check? It is an AoE skill, how are you supposed to dodge it?

Also, the total damage (in 4/4) decreased from 1260% to 850%.

It's 410% less damage. That's a LOT. 

The frequency changed to hit every 1.5 seconds, the duration buff on Exhalation and Threads and the stun chance buff on Sharp Shadow could help the DK to keep enemies inside the area, and if the Dodge check got removed, the damage nerf would be understandable.

Edited by Khrone

I 100% agree with these. All of these changes are not welcome aside from Exhalation and the improvements to Dark Shield making it stronger but I hate all the skills getting able to be dodged. The change to Blood Protection is by no means good even to me. Should have been a party wide buff instead. 

Dk gets the regular buff while everyone else gets a 50% weaker buff. That I would like instead 

Just now, Santa Claus said:

Blood protection is worse version of templar /pala shield and worse version of rugged hide and shaman cleanse

I would love to have Blood Protection be like the Paladin shield but devs won't let us have anything good...

85% dmg from knight curse? 

Y'all lucky xd

Paladin has 60% only 😔

But hey, it seems fair because it has a little more area of effect than knight curse

I don't dispute that.

4 minutes ago, Mary seto said:

Y'all lucky xd

Paladin has 60% only 😔

But hey, it seems fair because it has a little more area of effect than knight curse

I don't dispute that.

It's unfair that a AOE skill can be dodged even though you can completely avoid by walking around it

Blood Protection should, instead of affecting the dk or a party member to affecting all party members in the area. 

30, 40, 50, 60% of the skills strength seems good to me :clapping:

31 minutes ago, Drakoknight said:

It's unfair that a AOE skill can be dodged even though you can completely avoid by walking around it

Blood Protection should, instead of affecting the dk or a party member to affecting all party members in the area. 

30, 40, 50, 60% of the skills strength seems good to me /cdn-cgi/mirage/c2042a369d7c25be76785c1eaf91ab17c3c7002da49a9859aa614d3d2408917e/1280/https://forum.warspear-online.com/uploads/emoticons/clapping.gif

Agree lol

How tf you dodge a rain without moving? 

How tf you dodge a blazing ground by only staying there? 

Also why tf the dummy can dodge attacks? 😂😂😂  0 logic but i guess thats fault of pvp weirdos that complain about everything

39 minutes ago, Mary seto said:

Y'all lucky xd

Paladin has 60% only 😔

I don't dispute that.

Remember Paladin's Banner of Harad increased damage debuff happens at the same time as the damage ticks and it's AoE, so if the skill was supposed to deal 100 damage, it actually deals 125 because of the 25% damage increase.

Knight's Curse increased damage debuff happens before the damage ticks and on a single enemy.

21 minutes ago, Khrone said:

Remember Paladin's Banner of Harad increased damage debuff happens at the same time as the damage ticks and it's AoE, so if the skill was supposed to deal 100 damage, it actually deals 125 because of the 25% damage increase.

Knight's Curse increased damage debuff happens before the damage ticks and on a single enemy.

Ye i know,  i suggest that it should be reworked as 5x5 area.  And  It should  move with the dk, so he can pull enemy to him and doesnt lose his aoe.. Similar to aoe aggro but with better dmg. 

And remove dmg from aoe aggro and add dmg buff to it, so everyone near the dk can do burst dmg. 

In short

-aoe aggro & mdmg > aoe aggro & dmg buff by example 25%

-knight curse dmg buff & mdmg > constant aoe mdmg near the dk by 5x5 area by for example 8 sec

X2 reworks, deathcall and knight curse

Edited by Mary seto

• 2 months later...

PVE(maybe pvp) idea for death call. Pull in mobs in an x amount of yards. Not only will it be able to aggro and deal damage, but it'll pull in the mobs and can combo with knight curse. It's an idea suggestion topic I could've created, but I don't feel like making it fancy. I'll leave it to the experts.:nah-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:

I do want the devs to reverse the use of Blood Protection as the skill is just useless and it's making the Deathknight a hindrance in dungeons where their skills is needed the most. Steel Hurricane shouldn't be dodged as that's just painful dealing with mobs and they dodge a aoe damage skill