Skill "Poisonous Shield" guilde, and a new hope for necromancers!

Baskara

First for all, sorry bad english. *first topic*

Well, everyone is really disappointed with necromancer( me too!). Whith this topic, I want to show you how can you use the necromancer new skill Poisonous Shield. The main focus of this topic is just to encourage peoples to dont surrender of necro! I will make guilde for others skills also. but for now lets learn a bit about that skill.

1:The good side of the Poisonous Shield

Yes, there is many good (and funny) things to do with the new skill Poisonous Shield:

"What this thing do?"

"Casts a poisonous shield on the hero or an ally. The shield deals damage to all enemies within a certain area around the character." Explaining, It deals an 2x2 area damage.

9Pby5iP.png

The damage done by the shield is impossible to dodge or parry.(not 100% sure!) The damage will be from the one with the skill active (example: I use it on a ally, then the shield will be him damage.) This mean: the mobs will not go to you if you use the shield on a ally! This is good to get mobs attention on someone (like a tanker) In LAB, or FARMS.

v6mhUJb.png

On the picture above, I used the shield on me. Look: the shield is doing normal damage FOR ME.

"Okay, but what can I do with this $@#& skill?"

There is many things to do. On arena, for example, you can use it to run from a meele class. You can also use it on a ally in arena to reveal rogues, to make every enemy near the ally slowly and make the way to you difficult.  But theres more complex(or not) things to do. You can use the shield to make a powerful combo!

6fn1V5V.png

using deathly eye twice, poison splite and then activate the shield is a good combo.

"Ok. But where's the "funny part"?"

2:A useful & funny skill!

Tired of farming and helping that guys stalking and pming you? Well, You can just go rest and chat, or... YOU CAN TROLL AND TRY NEW THINGS WITH YOUR NEW SKILL!

8CnBc0G.png

On the picture above, I used the shield in one of the nearest guard (near on the miniboss) and they started a war ! (I am near the LAB entrance). You can also troll allies with low levels on nadir! Wait one of then pass near the guards and activate the skill on him. (you cant activate the skill on elves.) Guards will start to attack him like on the picture bellow!!

ugqDlbU.png

Well, this is all from now. I will keep posting things on Necromancer area (Yes, I love necromancer).

NOTE: If you have any question post here and I will try to awser you!

Very helpfull guide for noobs, just a small correction: area of effect is 2 yards and not 2x2 or 5x5. Here is a example:

ooxoo

oxxxo

xxNxx

oxxxo

ooxoo

Where N = necro location and x = where shield can hit.

The only good side is that it can detect rogues, but the problem is, you cant nightmare the rogue after that because shield will hit it. All in all its a good skill to have (while devs dont give better experts for necro) but not a good skill to spend points on. Just leave it at level 1 because it barelly increases damage on higher levels (I tested it on level 4 it did only 4 points of extra damage on each hit).

Number of hits for each level:

lv1: 6

lv2: 8

lv3: 10

lv4: 12

6fn1V5V.png

using deathly eye twice, poison splite and then activate the shield is a good combo.

[/size]

hm when u cast double deathly eye and use than poison shwield and poison split target ll get two stacks of poison + poison shwield dmg??

@#zakuty

I tested it on level 1. It stay for like 4 seconds on level one. Also, you cant have a 2 stacks of poison by a single necro. This combo is good for mobs but i use it for bds too.

@Nabnecro

Well, the shield dont stay so much time. You can wait it dissapear to use nightmare. When I battle vs BDS, I use poison+shield combo on start( u will get hamstring, so it will have time to dissapear) and when the hamstring effect over, you can stun and recover. So, I use it as a "Starting Damage". And thank you for the correction.

• 2 weeks later...

I was just wondering what would happen on 3v3 arena with barb, lock and a necro... With barb rushing with this in the middle + pool + using fateful connection + infection... That amount of dmg ticks :lol: