A few noob q's

GoodbyePK

Question

I would think many or all of these are here somewhere, but the search function is lame.

What time (and zone) is daily reset as it applies to daily quests, bonuses, gifts, etc? I'm on sapphire.

What determines when you start seeing daily quests in a zone?

With enhancement spheres, what does the level 1-11 and 12-20 refer to? That each is usable only on items of those levels, or that the first brings you to a +11 bonus, then you need the other to get to +20?

There are many consumables that give tiny bonuses for 10 minutes. Are these useful? Do same bonuses stack? When would I bother with them?

On character >> attributes >> defense, it shows a number with a percentage. I'm guessing the number is simple damage reduction (is it simple?) What is the percentage?

What is resilience?

Crafting so far appears to be a way of grinding my way to better items without questing. What are the benefits of high level crafting skills if I my character were max level and had access to all areas?

Is there truly no persistent in-game messaging system? I can't pm someone offline!? No guild message board!? This obviously makes it really difficult to communicate. I hate when games force me to use third party communication to support its social structure. What are the popular solutions here?

Thanks for any help.

10 answers to this question

I would think many or all of these are here somewhere, but the search function is lame.

What time (and zone) is daily reset as it applies to daily quests, bonuses, gifts, etc? I'm on sapphire.

What determines when you start seeing daily quests in a zone?

With enhancement spheres, what does the level 1-11 and 12-20 refer to? That each is usable only on items of those levels, or that the first brings you to a +11 bonus, then you need the other to get to +20?

There are many consumables that give tiny bonuses for 10 minutes. Are these useful? Do same bonuses stack? When would I bother with them?

On character >> attributes >> defense, it shows a number with a percentage. I'm guessing the number is simple damage reduction (is it simple?) What is the percentage?

What is resilience?

Crafting so far appears to be a way of grinding my way to better items without questing. What are the benefits of high level crafting skills if I my character were max level and had access to all areas?

Is there truly no persistent in-game messaging system? I can't pm someone offline!? No guild message board!? This obviously makes it really difficult to communicate. I hate when games force me to use third party communication to support its social structure. What are the popular solutions here?

Thanks for any help.

1.) it resets the same time everyday. 4 p.m cst. Sp 5p.m eastern time zone etc.

2.) dailies open when you complete the yellow quests for that town (only avondi+islenort)

3.) Spheres are meant to amp your gear the def/dam 1-11 spheres are meant to amp gear up to level 11. The others follow the level. Do not amp anything you dont want to lose without sign of impershibility, except when you amp From +0-+1 you wont need it.

4.) bonuses dont stack, but they are very useful in arena and farming/

5.) not 100% sure on this, I think its your percent of max possible defence

6.) resilience is your def based on how hard you take a critical hit from a skilled attack. Very good for pvp/arena

7.)Crafting can be pricy, most people actually do not craft. It just allows you to craft unique gear, but comes at a big cost and a time consumer.

8.) yes this is true, you can only speak to someone on the game, no messenging system.

Hope I helped and good luck.

6.) resilience is your def based on how hard you take a critical hit from a skilled attack. Very good for pvp/arena

> Increases chance to avoid critical hit.

> Reduces critical hit damage.

> Reduces damage from other players.

> Increases chance to avoid critical hit.

> Reduces critical hit damage.

> Reduces damage from other players.

> Yes.

> ........... from other players.

> .... critical chance damage.......... .

> ........... from other players.

Yes.

> .... critical chance damage.......... .

Nope. Both damage and critical damage.

I'll just make this easy for everyone:

103el92.png

Thanks for any help.

You shouldn't worry about the consumables at lower levels. They don't benefit you much. You should sell the quest reward consumables to a store and get gold that way. However, the ones that you get from mentor chests are [Gift]'s and you should just use them since they have no shop value and can only be useful and well to conserve bag space it's good to not have them laying around.

Next to the defence attributes you see in the menu, the percentage indicates how much the incoming damage reduced. Eg. if the enemy is going to hit you for 100 and you have 10% defence he will hit you for 90. Don't pay attention to the amount of defence you have but look at the percentage.

BJDware, Lols, nice to know that! Then Soldier must fix his info here -_-

Resiliance

Its will increase all of element defense, reduce critical chance's enemy and reduce critical damage enemy's. but it's just work when you fight with enemy's player (in arena and PvP area).

if the enemy is going to hit you for 100 and you have 10% defence he will hit you for 90. Don't pay attention to the amount of defence you have but look at the percentage.

So, does each additional point of defence add a simple amount of % damage reduction? Is it linear? Is it the same for each class? And each source of defence? Is there a cap?

A question I forgot: is there a time limit for completing a daily quest, or can I just keep picking them up and finishing them whenever?

Also, I only have the first zone on Irselnort unlocked for dailies, but I am getting 6 a day from that zone; a set of 3 twice a day. Is that affected by anything I'm doing or where I am? I thought you only get 3 per day from each zone. 5pm EST was noted as daily reset; what is the time for the second set of quests?

So, does each additional point of defence add a simple amount of % damage reduction? Is it linear? Is it the same for each class? And each source of defence? Is there a cap?

Yup that's tight. The precentage each defence point gives is the same for all classes but armor classes have differences in how much each armor piece gives defence. Cloth giving the lowest, light being in the middle and heavy giving the highest amount of defence. Also the amount of defence given by armors also depends on the level of the gear.

I think this guy is looking for intact in-depth game mechanics, but unfortunately, devs never provide it to us. Let's just trust what the game is describing unto us what it should be.