rogue last skill distribution

giaccomo

There is no most effective. Every skill build has an edge towards the other. Arena rogues would tend to have high points in gouge, whereas some had average build like full merc, jump, and stealth. But higher level has arrived and thus giving more points than before and give expert skills some increase.  I would prefer to run 4/4 poisonous blades than elusive jump because of a logical reason.

What logical reason are you reffering to? I wanna know.

Some reasons.

1. Jump range doesn't increase as we level it. The primary objective of jump is to be beside the enemy, and lvl 1 jump does it as lvl 4

2. Leveling jump has a very little increase in damage. Say, my jump lvl 4 before is 600 damage, now lvl 1 it's 500. Very small and not worth adding a point.

3. Investing in poison gives it additional damage and duration. Before, I can't even kill a lvl 18 BD. But now, I can kill even higher amp than me. 7x dot damage at lvl 4, 150 damage to enemy hero or 200 if from stealth per dot( I'm  +5) = 1200++ extra damages. Compare to leveling jump. Don't forget that it does critical more often than jump because jump only damages once.

To me, leveling jump to max instead of poisons is a newb.

Some reasons.

1. Jump range doesn't increase as we level it. The primary objective of jump is to be beside the enemy, and lvl 1 jump does it as lvl 4

2. Leveling jump has a very little increase in damage. Say, my jump lvl 4 before is 600 damage, now lvl 1 it's 500. Very small and not worth adding a point.

3. Investing in poison gives it additional damage and duration. Before, I can't even kill a lvl 18 BD. But now, I can kill even higher amp than me. 7x dot damage at lvl 4, 150 damage to enemy hero or 200 if from stealth per dot( I'm  +5) = 1200++ extra damages. Compare to leveling jump. Don't forget that it does critical more often than jump because jump only damages once.

before poison i levelled knives for this very reason, hitting 300 almost every 3 seconds was better than a extra 100 dmg at the time, now max poison is far more valuable..

before poison i levelled knives for this very reason, hitting 300 almost every 3 seconds was better than a extra 100 dmg at the time, now max poison is far more valuable..

Sulla a cruel, dagger or ax doubt?

Some reasons.

+1, totally agree, just like my rogue just with double axes

Ei cigma you play with daggers? and why ?

No, I don't play with twin daggers anymore because of my amplification restriction. I now use axe and dagger because I really have appreciated this reason :

For max damage in a single attack ofc 2 axes.

But in reality i'd take a dagger or good stat sword in second weapon slot - 60% damage really lowers the differences and increases your DPS.

main slot - an axe or a sword depending on stats.

I believe in high stats and good dps more than in single hit damage.

But if that restriction permits me, I would still pick twice daggers because it's cool and good looking than of axe.  :give_rose:

As you can see, you can only jump once every 12 seconds. It deals a puny damage comparing to poisons. And for waiting 12 seconds to have a chance of dealing a critical strike is very lousy. I almost always have a critical during one of my poisons, like 2 out of seven to enemy heroes, and more if to mobs. And that's obviously better. And never ever jump can compete the damages dealt by poisons.

Alright for a better understanding about the damage difference between the two skills, I've tested it out to the mob, Gray Key Keeper. They say lvl5 merc's damage is equal to lvl4 jump; which seems to be true. So here we go. My damage from merc in stealth with critical is 1625! and damage made by poisons in critical from stealth is 470! I do critical 3x. Other normal damage made by poison is 250, 7 dots. So (470x3)+(250x4)=1410+1000=2410 physical damage. Compare 1625 vs 2410. If the poison never did a crit, it will deal 250x7= 1750. Poisons without crit is still better than jump with a full crit.

Yeap it needs a full 12 seconds to deal that damage, but I never have died in PvP without the poisons are fully consumed. PvPing a BD, it's very nice to have poisons buff while under hamstring.  If jump is dodged, you're f u c ked. But if poisons miss, you still have more try. And I figured out that if your normal attack with poison from stealth missed( parry, block, dodge), The next successful damage it will deal is same as if from stealth. Isn't it great?

And no. I'm not against jump. In fact if we could only pick just 1 expert skill, I would select jump instead of others. What I am against is leveling it. Waste of skill points just for a puny cute extra damage.

And now with lvl 24, with another extra 1 skill point, I still will never increase jump, even my poisons are full. I'll be putting it either to gouge or throwing knife.

I seem to be a weakling +5 rogue. But I use brains instead of money to win others.

I'd say poison is at its best when using 2 axes. With daggers the dot dmg is too slow for your gameplay... Of course you can always wait before using gouge

• 2 weeks later...