Lose HP to gain HP?

TheQuestion

it really doesnt make sense  :unknw: , necro and now deathknight both have a skill that you lose hp just to get hp back?

what sthe point in doing that?

for necro its undertandble for bone shield only because it uses the 'dead', but ancient seal? is there really a point? the whole class is basically handicapped.

now dk saturation, even tho its been modified, it still sucks, doesnt give enough hp. and they have way more hp than necrs, decreasing it from 4% to 3%  doesnt do anything

possible things you can do.

instead for % of hp for saturation and ancient seal, why not % of energy?

for dk saturation you can even do, after the skill is used, movement speed is lower(not attack speed lol)

ANYTHING TO REMOVE DIS SHIZ

yup

possible things you can do.

instead for % of hp for saturation and ancient seal, why not % of energy?

for dk saturation you can even do, after the skill is used, movement speed is lower(not attack speed lol)

you didnt think it throught here  :blush:

but yea, lose hp to regain hp is just an incredible non sense.

either for necro ancient seal or for dk saturation.

for necro: lose hp to use shield is acceptable

lose hp to revive someone, to summon an undead minion who would tank stuff for you, to give an area heal would be acceptable too if it existed in game.

but lose hp to regain hp for a single char is really non sense, unless it had a greater effect on it.

for dk, you should get a greater gain if you are supposed to lose hp to use a skill.

mass destruction, immunity to stun effects, or w.e. else.

but lets give up on 100+ hp to recover some hp, shall we?  :facepalm:

and it falls on the same non sense as the previous version of saturation, you only get to gain something after a while, cause first you have to build up the very same hp you gave up to use this skill.

Tbh

The new update for saturation did nothing but make it worse . only getting 1-10 HP is really nothing. Its not enough to fill up that 100 HP lost. Why not make it keep its double regeneration effect plus the new lifesteal effect it ass?

If not just remove that %hp from it because its really useless. Saturation is nothing compared to Bds shield. Barbs heal and palas heal

Why not make it keep its double regeneration effect plus the new lifesteal effect it ass?

yea, i guess both effects together could make this skill somewhat o.k.

but even like that this skill would still be weaker than bd shield, barb heal, pala heal.

and just as reminder, right now dk can only trust on the untrustworthy dark shield as a defensive skill.

Are we going to open another 100 topics to talk about the same subject again, please stop!

Devs know what to do and if there's anything they will fix it in the next updates, I know that you must suggest, so they notice, I'm talking about necro if they wanted to make a fix to it they would done it before a year. As for saturation, lets wait there answer in announcements if not here.

Are we going to open another 100 topics to talk about the same subject again, please stop!

Devs know what to do and if there's anything they will fix it in the next updates, I know that you must suggest, so they notice, I'm talking about necro if they wanted to make a fix to it they will. As for saturation, lets wait there answer.

Agree +1 :)

thats exactly what this post is for.

to let elfs, i mean devs, know that saturation still is ridiculous bad.

while the way this skill works changed, the gain from it may be even worst than the previous version of saturation.

just take a look at the skill numbers, work on a few scenarios and is easy to see it.

Lol the dk skill makes me laugh. Were the devs on crack when they made it? I mean seriousy, the skill takes 100++ HP from the dk and the vampiric effect gives ~10 HP back for each hit. And it lasts only 5 seconds.lmfao. great way to suicide :spiteful:

Lol the dk skill makes me laugh. Were the devs on crack when they made it? I mean seriousy, the skill takes 100++ HP from the dk and the vampiric effect gives ~10 HP back for each hit. And it lasts only 5 seconds.lmfao. great way to suicide :spiteful:

Skill lvl? your attack? or maybe a screen shot?

Skill lvl? your attack? or maybe a screen shot?

I'm not a dk personally. But I've seen a +10 dk only get about 10-20 HP from using it.

It would be slightly better if the skill was just passive and no HP loss. But then again. It still sucks

show pics and true numbers :/

ur just stating examples all of u, without facts about a skill usage, for all we know your using a 1 handed low amped weapons with skill being 1/4 and asking it to be more powerful is non the less wrong

Skill is somewhat cool at higher levels if you have some lifesteal already

My lv18 Deathknight with 1/4 skill and 6.5% base lifesteal can regen up to 82 with 383 physical damage and lv5 thorns on a rabbit

show pics and true numbers :/

Skill is somewhat cool at higher levels if you have some lifesteal already

My lv18 Deathknight with 1/4 skill and 6.5% base lifesteal can regen up to 82 with 383 physical damage and lv5 thorns on a rabbit

Pics O.O ??

Apologies, up to 82 with 5% pot which makes it 11.5% & skill.

56 normal

a3ee9b8635.jpg

And 1030! crit gives this;

98dff99cf8.jpg

Would've been better if they increased the regeneration effect rather then removed it. Also make the regen speed faster not change it to life steal lol.

My Idea:

Bring back the HP regeneration(but much stronger) effect whilst keeping the vampiric effect.  Also increase the speed of regeneration. And remove %hp drain lol. Then it might compare to barbs palas and bds.

While at it make every hit a full stun to enemy while hitting a radius around the deathknight please

Anything else?????

OFFICIAL REPLY:

This skill saturation was our best idea yet ! By creating a skill where you lose more HP than you gain increases our profit margin for 90%. So to conclude, the skill will stay as it is.

Its officially official

That is offensive and not true, and I would like to ask you to edit your post

What? I'm using LIME GREEN. not the other one :pleasantry:

And I would like to ass you to stop ass kissing

want numbers?

level 1 - 4% life steal active for 12.5 seconds with a lost ammount of hp to cast the skill that goes between 100-120 hp. (dk with 3.4k - 4k hp)

in these 12.5 seconds you need to do at least 3k damage just to recover the lost hp.

12.5 seconds you can deliver 2 thorns, 1 exhal, 1 steel hurricane, 1 death call + normal attacks

if you cant make 3k damage within the active time, you will use this skill just to lose hp.

if you make something like 6k damage within the active time, you gain 120 hp.

lets go to a scenario of a dk with a spear 500 damage  vs a enemy with 20% defense, which is the minimum you will find out there. belonging to the newbiest chars.

2thorns    = 1120.

1exhal      = 150.

1steel      = 500 at lvl 4 maybe?

death call = 200 final damage or less than that

so the skills give 1970 damage +  normal attacks, which would go 400*3 = 1200.

in the end of the skill time you would deal 3170 damage, which would be just enough to recover the lost hp and give you a nice 10 HP gain, yup, amazing 10 HP. isnt it a life saver?

now this isnt counting criticals, ik, but it also isnt counting getting stunned, get ur damaged nullified by shields, block, dodge, parry.

but anyways, lets make it a scenario with criticals, lets say you got all lucky and got critical in ALL of your hits.

u deal 6340 damage and heal up 140 hp, wow, how good is that 140 hp.

and is needless to mention a bad scenario where you actually lose your hp and dont even recover it.

note that for those 500 normal physical damage, dks gotta work with at least a +7 lvl 19 spear.

so, dear

Pain is weakness leaving the body!

isnt it amazing that a dk needs to deal 6k damage in 12.5 seconds to get a weak 120 hp gain? a level 2 necro can heal higher than this. without novice set or anything, just a unenchanted lvl 1 staff.

and these amazing 120 hp will not come instantaneously. which falls into the same annoying problem of the previous saturation.

so, before posting sacarsm posts, how about take a look into this skill? it was a complete crap before, you guys reworked it but kept it as a complete crap.

will this skill stay useless regardless of what is done to it? the previous highly criticized version of it was less worst than this new one.

want numbers?

level 1 - 4% life steal active for 12.5 seconds with a lost ammount of hp to cast the skill that goes between 100-120 hp. (dk with 3.4k - 4k hp)

in these 12.5 seconds you need to do at least 3k damage just to recover the lost hp.

12.5 seconds you can deliver 2 thorns, 1 exhal, 1 steel hurricane, 1 death call + normal attacks

if you cant make 3k damage within the active time, you will use this skill just to lose hp.

if you make something like 6k damage within the active time, you gain 120 hp.

lets go to a scenario of a dk with a spear 500 damage  vs a enemy with 20% defense, which is the minimum you will find out there. belonging to the newbiest chars.

2thorns    = 1120.

1exhal      = 150.

1steel      = 500 at lvl 4 maybe?

death call = 200 final damage or less than that

so the skills give 1970 damage +  normal attacks, which would go 400*3 = 1200.

in the end of the skill time you would deal 3170 damage, which would be just enough to recover the lost hp and give you a nice 10 HP gain, yup, amazing 10 HP. isnt it a life saver?

now this isnt counting criticals, ik, but it also isnt counting getting stunned, get ur damaged nullified by shields, block, dodge, parry.

but anyways, lets make it a scenario with criticals, lets say you got all lucky and got critical in ALL of your hits.

u deal 6340 damage and heal up 140 hp, wow, how good is that 140 hp.

and is needless to mention a bad scenario where you actually lose your hp and dont even recover it.

note that for those 500 normal physical damage, dks gotta work with at least a +7 lvl 19 spear.

so, dear

isnt it amazing that a dk needs to deal 6k damage in 12.5 seconds to get a weak 120 hp gain? a level 2 necro can heal higher than this. without novice set or anything, just a unenchanted lvl 1 staff.

and these amazing 120 hp will not come instantaneously. which falls into the same annoying problem of the previous saturation.

so, before posting sacarsm posts, how about take a look into this skill? it was a complete crap before, you guys reworked it but kept it as a complete crap.

will this skill stay useless regardless of what is done to it? the previous highly criticized version of it was less worst than this new one.

Finally someone who knows what their talking about lol. The skill just helps the dk suicide. Even if it was 4/4. What? Ull get 50 HP per hit? Think of it in a PvP and pve sense :)

I'm sorry despair but the facts are there. I take it your an elf that doesn't want ur enemies to benefit? I'm an elf(mostly) too but I just look for equality in the game :)

Lel so much for a skill

Im taking it the developers are looking here and their sides hurt from laughing

Don't like the hp waste in pvp? Don't use the skill

Don't like the bonus it giveS? Don't buy it

Bought it but it's not what you wanted? Next time wait and observe

I think it would be great making "saturation" skill dealing some (dark magic?) dmg on each hit too

Just like warlock life leech skill..

It's just way too shit as it is now  :facepalm:   

just make saturation work with previous effect (increase hp regen) + this new effect (vampirism).

this way dk can at least build up the lost hp without problem.

and the vampirism effect makes it up for the half regen while in battle.

and the hp regen increase makes up for a high possibility of dk not be able to do enough damage to build his hp up with vampirism.

dk already got a death call expert which has its uses but deals low damage and a steel hurricane expert which got a nice damage but the super low radius makes it really hard to work with.

just make this one a proper expert skill. ty.

There's nothing to fix.

did you not read tamaoe's post outlining dks new skill?

im sorry, but can you stop being a scrungy ol ♥♥♥♥♥ and just accept the fact that the skill is just a fail? :facepalm:

just make saturation work with previous effect (increase hp regen) + this new effect (vampirism).

this way dk can at least build up the lost hp without problem.

and the vampirism effect makes it up for the half regen while in battle.

and the hp regen increase makes up for a high possibility of dk not be able to do enough damage to build his hp up with vampirism.

dk already got a death call expert which has its uses but deals low damage and a steel hurricane expert which got a nice damage but the super low radius makes it really hard to work with.

just make this one a proper expert skill. ty.

yeah, thats sorta  i was thinking

accept the fact that the skill is just a fail?

Based opinions with points that're countered won't do.

Get out of here