QoL rework on amplifying system

Overhoul

My opinion on the current amplifying system.

So first off, getting +10 on a weapon was supposed to be rewarding, it was supposed to make you strong, set you apart from the rest of the players and make you feel like you achieved something great. it was designed to be hard from the beginning, and that's completely understandable and fair. But is that still the case? the system was designed many years ago, when the game was different. Is amplifying a weapon to +10 actually rewarding and great?

I don't think so. First of all, there is a shocking degree of unfairness depending on what weapon your character wields.

- 1handed weapons are easier to amp, compared to 2handed weapons.

i was a part of the unlucky bunch, and decided to main a Mage, as i really liked it. Now, Mage are casters. Casters use staffs, which are 2handed weapons. But staffs are a bit unusual, and seem to take more than other 2handed weapons to amplify. So i think staffs should be in a category of their own.

Now just a bit about my own character, to put things into perspective:

I started trying to amplify my mage lvl 30 staff from +9 to +10 approximately one year ago. And so far i have used around 180sets of signs. 180sets of dmg3 spheres. and millions in gold, since my staff requires 872gold in it's amplifying fee.

that's over 1.5million in gold just in amplifying fees.

180sets of signs is 41.220 miracle coins

180sets of dmg3 is like 14.220 miracle coins

Basically hundreds of dollars were used, just to get 1ampification level, which i still, to this day haven't achieved. And this is just 1 staff, not counting the ones i tried out of frustration because i thought my staff was "cursed". Which is also a common misconceptions among the players, since there is no other way to explain the irregular and impossible amp-rate.

Also now a "Sea Staff" is also required to actually be able to do the "ship graveyard" content optimally.

That is 3 staffs in all. a normal pve staff, arena staff and a sea staff. Now just think about this for a moment. 3 Staffs. Not 1.

After all the $ spent on trying to amp a SINGLE staff +10. Does anyone actually think it would feel rewarding to get this staff +10 anymore? while you now have 2 other staffs that also need to be amped? how many years are they going to take? The current amplifying system might have been fine and all, when 1-2 weapons were all you needed. But these days, with the increased number of weapons you need to amp and use, and with their level increasing all the time (amp rate increases with level and rarity) and with future updates introducing lvl 32 weapons, maybe, i just don't think it's all that useful, like it might've been in it's earlier days.

And for those that say a +10 staff or any other weapon +10 is not necessary: after having played for many years, and used hundreds, if not thousands of dollars in the game and supported it throughout all these years, how can you blame people for actually wanting to progress in the game? wanting to compete? wanting to be THE BEST at your thing?! reaching the top? feeling like you're not wasting your time and money???? sometimes it would be nice, if the money you spent actually made a difference in your game. we have reached a point where it's not even "pay to win" anymore. You pay and gain nothing. Is this a healthy thing? is this the way a game should make it's players feel? Throughout this 1year i tried amplifying my staff, i asked many different people how many sets of signs they used to increase their staffs from +9 to +10. Some said 40sets, others 10 and believe it or not, some 500+. meanwhile i saw 1h weapons being amplified to +10 like it was nothing. Maces +10 left and right, swords and daggers. And many admittedly said amplifying 2h weapons, and a staff at that, could be up to 5times as hard as amplifying a 1h weapon. Even with two 1h weapons it's still easier than one 2h weapon. But of course, i even know players with 1h weapons, that are stuck on +9 as well. But why are casters, the most disadvantaged class in the game, cursed with an impossible to amplify weapon? casters have low hp, low stats because the magic on the gear takes up slots that could otherwise have been used for useful stats, like on the light gear of rogues and hunters etc. and also the amount of magic a caster can reach is already much lower than that of a physical damager. This is especially true for warlocks, and even worse for mages, since they are supposed to be damagers. Very low damage compared to other damage classes, even with the +25% magic from the relaxation, warlocks can barely reach 1k magic, and that is only possible for most, if they are using the gear with 55 bonus magic, which is VERY low hp and accuracy gear. While hunters and rogues, physical damagers have 1.6k physical damage. We all know Hunters and rogues, and many other damagers on elf side as well, have huge advantages over the caster damagers. So why are casters cursed with the ultra low amplifying rates? it just makes no sense. and this is why i think i was "unlucky" because i now feel like i chose the wrong class, based solely on the fact that i can't amplify my staff +10. Is this how the game is supposed to make you feel? are you supposed to pick your class depending on what's easiest and saves you the most $? or are you supposed to pick what you like, and actually have fun in the game?

So that was basically a very long complaint in short, but i am sure many feel the exact same way, or can agree with parts i mentioned at least. And sadly my case isn't even one of the worst and doesn't even scratch the surface of this systems problems. I am not looking for sympathy with this post, or any refunds. But as mentioned, it's just to put things into perspective. There are people in the game that have used way more and gained nothing. The amount of players that are "unlucky" compared to those who are "lucky" is just too great. Why is this system of frustration still a thing? why is it okay to allow people to spend that much money without gaining anything? is it actually the players own fault? or is the game designed in a way that utilizes, and takes advantage of peoples will to compete and better themselves?

My suggestion. 

Every 100 of failed amplifies, increase the amplifying success rate by (Original + (50%×Original value)). After 200 failed attempt, the calculation should be like (Original value +(50%×original value) +(50%×original value)) where the original value is constant. This is to cap the max amount of signs used to amplify equipment.

Just a few possible advantages of this new system:

- This might even make the free to play players, or the ones that gave up amplifying, actually buy coins.

- More people will start amplifying.

- People would actually amplify more weapons this way.

Inspired by: https://forum.warspear-online.com/index.php?/topic/277871-a-new-amplifying-system/

Edited by Overhoul

I agree. My average Amp level is about +3 with my breastplate is +6. 

The Amp system needs a complete overhaul to be cheaper and more user friendly. I could see imp signs being a guarantee +1 while one use more spheres to Amp gear with each additional sphere increasing the chances to Amp. 

Breaking gear is fine but please remove the chance to outright destroy gear. 

Well, first things first. The amp system is pay to win as hell and will never be fair. There's no way to "colonize hell" in that regard.

But I do agree that it's randomness is way too much. A paid player should be able to know how far his money will take him.

• 2 weeks later...

Personally I don't think they will change the amplification system because I'm pretty sure it's the main source of the games income, might be wrong on that one though.

Anyway, amplification was never fine or balanced, I've been playing since 2014 and it always created an unfair advantage. 

I'm very hesitent to spend money on the game due to how hard it is to amplify items just to get a 100 damage increase for example, I think it's only for people who want to spend a lot more money/gold who go for a major upgrade, and even then there's situations like yours.

8 hours ago, Kaleidoscope said:

Personally I don't think they will change the amplification system because I'm pretty sure it's the main source of the games income, might be wrong on that one though.

Anyway, amplification was never fine or balanced, I've been playing since 2014 and it always created an unfair advantage. 

I'm very hesitent to spend money on the game due to how hard it is to amplify items just to get a 100 damage increase for example, I think it's only for people who want to spend a lot more money/gold who go for a major upgrade, and even then there's situations like yours.

I agree 100%. 

But now I think 90% of their income comes from events, stam, and battle pass. 

10 minutes ago, Drakoknight said:

I agree 100%. 

But now I think 90% of their income comes from events, stam, and battle pass. 

Not a chance. Stams maybe, but signs stay #1

1 hour ago, Higgings said:

Not a chance. Stams maybe, but signs stay #1

They could make the Amp system like the one in Black Desert Mobile but with sign being a 100% chance to Amp. 

Im glad i could inspire someone to speak about the amplification system with my old post:happy01: Buuuutt next time, try something a bit more original or atleast give credit where it's due:2Thumbs:

On 12/20/2022 at 8:53 AM, Unkindled said:

Im glad i could inspire someone to speak about the amplification system with my old post/cdn-cgi/mirage/685ec3e564bf3be54df07329569421723012b6dc5cb14f662bbcda583e2673be/1280/https://forum.warspear-online.com/uploads/emoticons/happy01.gif Buuuutt next time, try something a bit more original or atleast give credit where it's due/cdn-cgi/mirage/685ec3e564bf3be54df07329569421723012b6dc5cb14f662bbcda583e2673be/1280/https://forum.warspear-online.com/uploads/emoticons/2Thumbs.png

Done bro