Rogue skill/rework ideas

Fynn

Skill ideas

Skill name: Killer Trance (passive) 

Description:  Each skill used, accumulates 2/3/4/5 effects. The effects increase dmg and  accuracy by 5% for  20 sec, but increase also the  mana cost of using skills by 3 units. 

2nd skill idea:

Skill name:  Paralyzing attack

Description: Immobilizes the enemy and Slows down the movement of their attacks, if the skill is resisted, decreases the enemy dmg by 10%/15/20%/25%

Parameters: active skill

-duration 8/9/10/12 seconds

- cd  20 seconds

Skill rework/fixes

Ricochet: now each bounce produces bleeding debuff of 40% of character dmg  by 7 seconds

Extermination: now increase attack speed + Strength by 10%/15%/20%/25%

Absolute reflexes: now every 6/5/4/3 attacks received, the character dodges the next 1/2/2/3  attacks. 

Thats all

5 hours ago, Mary seto said:

Rogues have access to swords and axes. I see no reason for them to get damage from a skill not to mention you are suggesting it to be stronger than what seekers have and that's been an issue for everyone and their nan. Extermination is still arguably the best attack speed skill in the game, I see no real reason to change it.

Maybe if Rogues were required to get much heavier penalties similar to seeker I'd be more for it but as they are nah.

49 minutes ago, Raislin said:

Rogues have access to swords and axes. I see no reason for them to get damage from a skill not to mention you are suggesting it to be stronger than what seekers have and that's been an issue for everyone and their nan. Extermination is still arguably the best attack speed skill in the game, I see no real reason to change it.

Maybe if Rogues were required to get much heavier penalties similar to seeker I'd be more for it but as they are nah.

Yes, I know, but consider that the seeker also can  use 2h weapons, which brings high dmg. 

Also that the seeker has 2 damage increases, (shield and inner rage)

So, I tried to balance the matter a bit in skill

Perhaps their penalty could be energy consumption, since they depend on using skill and not auto-attacks. 

A future key class talent for these, could further fix the issue of penalties

The seeker would be at hand with the rogues  

Also i added strength+speed to extermination, Because... . You know,... the seeker also has this 

Edited by Mary seto
Arrange the words a little so that the reader understands,

1 hour ago, Mary seto said:

Yes, I know, but consider that the seeker also can  use 2h weapons, which brings high dmg. 

Also that the seeker has 2 damage increases, (shield and inner rage)

So, I tried to balance the matter a bit in skill

Perhaps their penalty could be energy consumption, since they depend on using skill and not auto-attacks. 

A future key class talent for these, could further fix the issue of penalties

The seeker would be at hand with the rogues  

Also i added strength+speed to extermination, Because... . You know,... the seeker also has this 

Sure i understand but they already have ~17% more damage just by the fact they can use swords and a similar increase if they pick axes. While that obviously doesn't translate to dps directly, dual swords for a long time have been the favorite with axe+dagger as the secondary in terms of pure dps. I'd hesitate to give rogues any damage buffs since everyone has seen how Bladedancers turned out just with PoB since for a long time people didnt level up Strike Hurricane and go for a speed build.

On 11/22/2022 at 3:33 AM, Mary seto said:

Skill ideas

Skill name: Killer Trance (passive)

Description:  Each skill used, accumulates 2/3/4/5 effects. The effects increase dmg and  accuracy by 5% for  20 sec, but increase also the  mana cost of using skills by 3 units.

Rogue lacks of Accuracy yes.. but I see problems on this.

2 effects: 10% accuracy?
5 effects: 25% accuracy?
Guild + Enchants = a lot of Accuracy easily
5 effects are a lot so if are a lot should reduce the bonuses of those effects, sincerelly 25% with this I can reach 45% Accuracy, not bad

2nd skill idea:

Description: Immobilizes the enemy and Slows down the movement of their attacks, if the skill is resisted, decreases the enemy dmg by 10%/15/20%/25%

-duration 8/9/10/12 seconds

- cd  20 seconds

First than all this is: Trickiest + Sap (Easily no need another stun 4 stuns for what? ---)
I said this last year and I think you said no...

The worst was not even implemented

Plus you repower it even more, so... -.-) anyway (lmao)

Description: First: Immobilizes the enemy, After: if the skill is resisted, decreases the enemy dmg by 10%/15/20%/25% and Slows down the movement of their attacks

- duration 8/9/10/12 seconds (Duration of Debuff I think. looks good CD is 12 Seconds but can be reduced 10 seconds 4/4 because Is a Class with High CD)

- Cd (Trickiest+Sap, 16 seconds of CD trickiest is enought)

Doesn't have sense decrease enemy attack speed if him under stun is a waste of precious debuff time.

Skill rework/fixes

Ricochet: now each bounce produces bleeding debuff of 40% of character dmg  by 7 seconds

(: ..... and.. Gouge Emergency? no looks bad, but 2 periodical damage can be kill Gouge more than now. can be a solution for AoE but needs remove Poison Blades for this in my opinion

Extermination: now increase attack speed (???) In my opinion pls no add more attack speed like buff when literally is higher 35 % 4/4 no need more excess + Strength by 10%/15%/20%/25% (Attack Strenght? Increase Damage? I think Rogues can be Happy with 15/20 % attack strenght)

Absolute reflexes: now every 6/5/4/3 attacks received, the character dodges the next 1/2/2/3  attacks. 

Thats all

Unwavering Mechanics, This can be a solution for Dodge parameter problems bcs always get focus from every side

but should be better if they removes increase Dodge Bonus because pasive is really useless should be nice if Dodge Bonus is focused in 1 skill

I see good suggestions on this, but you should fix some things 

9 hours ago, Kyrai said:

Rogue lacks of Accuracy yes.. but I see problems on this.

2 effects: 10% accuracy?
5 effects: 25% accuracy?
Guild + Enchants = a lot of Accuracy easily
5 effects are a lot so if are a lot should reduce the bonuses of those effects, sincerelly 25% with this I can reach 45% Accuracy, not bad

Well, it can be fixed, maybe better penetration if you don't like accuracy, or leave accuracy and reduce a little bit.

9 hours ago, Kyrai said:

First than all this is: Trickiest + Sap (Easily no need another stun 4 stuns for what? ---)
I said this last year and I think you said no...

The worst was not even implemented

Plus you repower it even more, so... -.-) anyway (lmao)

Description: First: Immobilizes the enemy, After: if the skill is resisted, decreases the enemy dmg by 10%/15/20%/25% and Slows down the movement of their attacks

- duration 8/9/10/12 seconds (Duration of Debuff I think. looks good CD is 12 Seconds but can be reduced 10 seconds 4/4 because Is a Class with High CD)

- Cd (Trickiest+Sap, 16 seconds of CD trickiest is enought)

Doesn't have sense decrease enemy attack speed if him under stun is a waste of precious debuff time.

Isn't stun, is a "root", also doesn't decrease atk speed parameter, Directly decrease your movements as if you were in slow motion thats why i dont added  percentage for this

9 hours ago, Kyrai said:

(: ..... and.. Gouge Emergency? no looks bad, but 2 periodical damage can be kill Gouge more than now. can be a solution for AoE but needs remove Poison Blades for this in my opinion

It was designed to be useful in dg such as tech, there you do not need gouge

But I understand the problem (pvp)  

9 hours ago, Kyrai said:

Extermination: now increase attack speed (???) In my opinion pls no add more attack speed like buff when literally is higher 35 % 4/4 no need more excess + Strength by 10%/15%/20%/25% (Attack Strenght? Increase Damage? I think Rogues can be Happy with 15/20 % attack strenght)

To remove atk speed, also need remove strength bcuz no sense to have strength if your autoattacks are slow, also rogues relies on spam skill just like chieftain, thats why the actual rogue does not have that parameter. 

9 hours ago, Kyrai said:

Unwavering Mechanics, This can be a solution for Dodge parameter problems bcs always get focus from every side

but should be better if they removes increase Dodge Bonus because pasive is really useless should be nice if Dodge Bonus is focused in 1 skill

I see good suggestions on this, but you should fix some things 

9 hours ago, Mary seto said:

Well, it can be fixed, maybe better penetration if you don't like accuracy, or leave accuracy and reduce a little bit.

Isn't stun, is a "root", also doesn't decrease atk speed parameter, Directly decrease your movements as if you were in slow motion thats why i dont added  percentage for this

Description: Immobilizes the enemy ("Immobilize = Stun" and you mean an anchor skill with Silence "Roots Druid") and Slows down the movement of their attacks ("Attack Speed")

"Anchor the enemy in a zone Silencing the use of the skills, also decreases the movement speed."

This...?

9 hours ago, Mary seto said:

It was designed to be useful in dg such as tech, there you do not need gouge

But I understand the problem (pvp)

They should remake AoE like seeker, Gouge is very ugly to use.

Not only in tech in all aspects