Arena 5v5 quick guideline (MC side)

nabnecro

The reason I am writing this is because it has been impossible to have fun in arena 5v5 in a long time. Players (even level 21-22) are completely clueless on MC side of Saphhire server.

So, instead of cursing other players or making posts asking devs to nerf elf and chosen side, I will try to make other MCs step up their game.

I known, I known, most of the people actually reading this are the ones who already aren't completely clueless on arena 5v5 but I think maybe someone can benefit from these quick guidelines. Remember, "there is no knownledge that is not power" :P

The number one factor of 5v5 outcome is amp. But that is something I cant really help because it will depend on how much money one decides to spend in this game. I can however, try to help in the number two factor which is strategy. Following are quick tips for each class on MC side, it's usefull to read about every single class and not just the ones you play because knowning what to expect from your teammates gives you an advantage too.

Barbarian

You should stay at the front line and be the first to tank attack skills from the enemy. Wait for necros to cast shield and shaman to cast heal on you before you go tank. If there are too many rangers on the other side, try not to tank all of them at same time. Take a few hits, get back to be healed a little and then go tank a few more hits or else you will be dead in seconds. Your role is to get the enemy attention as long as possible while staying alive.

Rogue

If you have a tank on your team, wait until he gets the attention of the enemy team before you attack anyone. If you can make the enemy use most of the attack skills on the tank, you will survive a little longer while you try to kill someone.

Use your gouge skill: most rogues have 3 or even 5 points on gouge but dont care to use it on 5v5 which is a big mistake. Go stealth, gouge someone with good defence or a ranger, and only then go try to kill someone.

If you have more than one rogue on your team, try to attack the same target as him.

Always check for enemy classes that can detect your stealth and try to avoid those skills. Paladins tend to use Harad's banner based on the proximity of the enemies they can see or when the battle already started and everyone is stunning everyone.

Shaman

You can choose to use your heal on yourself or on someone you known have a good defence and will get the attention of the enemy. Use blind to save someone who got hamstringed by BD or to lower the enemy burst damage by blinding rangers. Try to place earthquake where it hits most enemies or to disable BDs and Paladins.

Death Knight

Almost the same role as Barbarian but im my opinion DK is bit better for 5v5 because of Threads of Darkness. Try to use threads as soon as possible so all of your team can gang and fastly kill the enemy who got pulled away from their team.

Necromancer

Dont get stunned at the start of the game. Always keep in mind nightmare range is 4 yards and root is 5 yards so stay cautious with druids on the other side.

Choose someone on your team to focus on heals and shields. I suggest supporting the following classes in order of priority:

1) Warlock

2) Shaman

3) Other Necros

Of course if warlocks or shamans are not being attacked you should support anyone who is close to you. But if you have to choose someone to stay alive, always opt for locks and shamans first for the following reasons:

1) They are easier to support because they are ranged classes. You dont need to expose yourself to root and hamstring while supporting then.

2) Warlock is the best class for 5v5 and have the best stuns in the game, a warlock with a good Necro support is extremely difficult to kill. Use nightmare to protect him when he is on circle and fear cooldown while healing and shielding him.

3) Warlock and shamans are the the classes that most bennefit from Fateful Connection and also the ones that makes it most easy for you to use it and catch a number of enemies on it.

Warlock

Dont get stunned at the start of the game, learn to position yourself outside druid root and BD hamstring.

Dont miss circle, use it only when you are sure you can take at least 2 enemies on it.

If you dont agree with something written here please feel free to help me improve this guide by posting what you think. Remember this is intended to be a quick read for noobs to get a better understanding of arena 5v5.

I agree with every one of these. Because this is how my guild runs arena. Randoms aren't gonna do these things lol. I suggest making preformed, good parties before entering 5's nowadays

• 3 weeks later...

This is quite a neat guide for those new to the arena scene. But i would strive to complete it by adding tips for sentinel players as well.

Good work.

• 10 months later...

MC please remember always kill the high damager first, this is for 5 vs 5 arena

1. Always Ranger, if you let him/them alive not more than 20-30 seconds all your arena pt will die.

2. Mage

3. Healers (Druid or Priest)

4. Paladin

5. BD always last

Tips:

Rogues you stealth go to ranger/mage, it's better if you can gouge BD but if BD rush and you got stun then you will die first.

Warlock and Healers dont forget to spam your stun especially to BD.

Paladins have a Banner, Rogue's stealth is not working if banner effect hit them so please remember all pt must wait until the banner effect done then you can attack.

Always regroup before attack, dont act like a hero.

from noob user to arena noob

you miss something . 

if seen DK in your team stay back and let him hunt one all kill him first 

Barb have great effects have to use it ( roar , tant ) 

ty for other info i am sure if 2 in party did what you sayed we most win 

• 1 month later...

Warlock

Dont get stunned at the start of the game, learn to position yourself outside druid root and BD hamstring.

...and keep in mind BD hamstring can have a long apparent range because of the screen lag, or whatever it is in the code that allows BD's to hamstring up to 5 squares away. :bad: