Paladin's type

SoulThief

I want to ask a question. Because I always thought, that paladin is a tank. He has much health points, shield and small heal. But some things changed... New updates has been released... So he is now able to use spear. Using it, he heals himself almost as much as priest. And now the new expert skill. The source of all mc's fear. Banner. Using it he is able to deal even more damage than rogue and its affecting 5x5 area. Well... After this changes, a new question raises:

IS PALADIN HEALER, DPS OR TANK???

I want to ask a question. Because I always thought, that paladin is a tank. He has much health points, shield and small heal. But some things changed... New updates has been released... So he is now able to use spear. Using it, he heals himself almost as much as priest. And now the new expert skill. The source of all mc's fear. Banner. Using it he is able to deal even more damage than rogue and its affecting 5x5 area. Well... After this changes, a new question raises:

does it even matter? Well depends on each paladin's skill and gear build

He has much health points, shield and small heal.

Check this, so you be sure of what you're talking.

A tank.

Check this, so you be sure of what you're talking.

I am sure, what I am talking about. And the goal of this post is not the answer at all.  ;) I post it cause I wanted people to see, how op has he become.

A tank.

Well... He is a tank. So why does he have so strong heal and so strong banner as well? I think the topic may be closed...

I am sure, what I am talking about. And the goal of this post is not the answer at all.  ;) I post it cause I wanted people to see, how op has he become.

The paladin has less health than any other tank classes in the game, high heal and what do you mean by "shield"?

Well... He is a tank. So why does he have so strong heal and so strong banner as well? I think the topic may be closed...

Banner is a skill, you can't compare it with the damage/heal/def of the paladin, but looks like you didn't read this, so I will give you the answer.

hehe xD ik why they got low hp but was checking if anyone knows cuz i see alot of people who says palas suck and they r wrong :P paladins r weak in pvp i agree but in arena and farming and war they rock because paldins r support type they r not tanks xD support classes gets lower hp than tanks 'hp' depends on the support bar if u remember when u gona choose ur class u can see his 3categories i think these r i forgot them : 1.attack 2.support 3.defense it clearly shows that paladin support more than he deals dmg or defense

The paladin has less health than any other tank classes in the game, high heal

I know this very well. I compared it to all classes. Not just tanks.

and what do you mean by "shield"?

I don't know where are you going to... I mean he can use shield. And its ok, because he's heal is smaller if he use mace, not a spear.

Banner is a skill, you can't compare it with the damage/heal/def of the paladin

I compared it to rogue's skill (Merciless Strike or Elusive Jump), not to his damage (witch is less than rogue's). You got me wrong... Sorry my bad. I didn't write it clearly.

but looks like you didn't read this, so I will give you the answer.

Quote from: lallouss on 11 April 2013, 17:41:03

hehe xD ik why they got low hp but was checking if anyone knows cuz i see alot of people who says palas suck and they r wrong :P paladins r weak in pvp i agree but in arena and farming and war they rock because paldins r support type they r not tanks xD support classes gets lower hp than tanks 'hp' depends on the support bar if u remember when u gona choose ur class u can see his 3categories i think these r i forgot them : 1.attack 2.support 3.defense it clearly shows that paladin support more than he deals dmg or defense

You are right. I've rad only three first posts. Not this one. This one is telling, that paladin has less hp than other tanks (which I know...), its because he is support (healer) more than he deals dmg (dps) or defense ( tank). Interesting. So he isn't a tank as I thought, but healer... Besides that he has got great defense, ability to use shield, much hp (almost as much as tanks), very strong Expert Skill and using spear, his damage isn't so bad.

Thanks for the answer. :)

• 4 months later...

What is (a) Pala?

Pala dont hurt me

dont hurt me

no more

jk.

But when ppl reject dg and so on i often say jokingly

Pala = Dmg dealing Healer Tank

So the answer is: All of them. He is now very near to be something like "Fighter" Class, not with any specialization on any, dmg, support, tank, but healthy chunks of them all.

Pala is and will be the class with most possible builds ever.

I build my pala to magic, for banner and heal, but using mace+shield to tank much. I also use magic accecories, but not on everything as they come with wisdom and i dont need any more wisdom with 38 mana regen B). So its really a dmg dealing healer tank build for me

Edited by MCocktail