[2014.08.05] In development: control points

Peter_Munk

Idk if someone suggested this already,like mcs can team up with sentinels,(inv each other to pt,heal each other,talk to each)  atleast while in this place. Btw like icantwin suggested server vs server wars:*

Idk if someone suggested this already,like mcs can team up with sentinels,(inv each other to pt,heal each other,talk to each)  atleast while in this place. Btw like icantwin suggested server vs server wars:*

So allying with the enemy that would never work the game is about war  against 4 factions not war against 4 factions that team up ocasionally. chosen and firstborn against mcsaken i wouldnt team up with an enemy and they would always pull shinanigans like mc pretend their afk with elves just so they lose this would never work.

If u ask for suggestions ill like to give 2-3 :-)

1)Give this name Spear points instead of Control points.

2)Make it lvl defrence like from 4-6,7-9etc

3)Give the player an option of choseing the gift like weapon,potion,accesories,costumes,etc.

Thankx for taking suggestions and sorry for poor english and thanku for creating this awesome game :-)

First, I'd want to see a running total of how many enemies I've killed. My friends and I go into enemy territory often just to kill mcs for fun and all of us have wondered how many we've actually killed. In an actual war, like what this update could be, I'd still want to know how many I've killed. Don't even have to offer prizes or anything I just want to know! :D

Another suggestion would be to teleport all who enter to a random starting point. I think this could alleviate the worries of having to run past a party full of warlocks or a party full of  rogues, etc.

Also, reading that the times we'd be able to participate will be limited worries me. I'd hate to see it set up the same way as arena and dungeons: get 5 free tickets/stamina then either wait a hell of a long time for your freebies to replenish or spend a hell of a lot of money buying more tickets/stamina.

I would suggest maybe having these "wars"  at specific times through  out the day so all time zones/Countries can participate.  Send a message in chat "next war will begin in 10 min". And set a time limit on how long the war lasts.

DON'T limit how many times somebody can die. If somebody dies go back the the respawn statue and try again. Simple.

If I play 24 hrs a day I want to be able to participate in every battle without having to buy anything! PLEASE  don't set it up like arena/dungeons.

I can't be the only one that currently finds I have nothing to do/no reason to play while waiting for the new daily quests, more free arena tickets or dungeon stamina. If there's a war every few hours I'd play all day!

I don't want my suggestions to get lost in my own post so that's all for now lol

the kill count is useless but its fine        or just make checkpoint.  i wouldnt wanna walk back.  :blush:

2. Need Medic

seriously. we have no medic class.  :bad: are you going to develop new class again peter? :wacko:       

sounds like warcraft pvp system. tbh thats what i like about ws the most. its a portable warcraft. now my suggestion. add mounts, or give some class (caster class of course) the ability to teleport! love the game but the walking back and forth is boring. yes ik its part of questing but the walking to help others even on starter maps make it so u dont wanna help others. yes it would make getting a party to an area alot faster but wouldnt kill the integrity of battle . always gonna be a large group trying to stop cl quests they will just have to guard cl boss instead of pathways that lead to bosses!

sounds like warcraft pvp system. tbh thats what i like about ws the most. its a portable warcraft. now my suggestion. add mounts, or give some class (caster class of course) the ability to teleport! love the game but the walking back and forth is boring. yes ik its part of questing but the walking to help others even on starter maps make it so u dont wanna help others. yes it would make getting a party to an area alot faster but wouldnt kill the integrity of battle . always gonna be a large group trying to stop cl quests they will just have to guard cl boss instead of pathways that lead to bosses!

You can teleport to any major city using a tp scroll :)

the kill count is useless but its fine        or just make checkpoint.  i wouldnt wanna walk back.  :blush:   

Didn't say kill count was useful I just want to know for fun :P but you COULD make make it useful. Give everybody a prize after you kill a certain number of people. I wouldn't suggest equips but maybe win a costume for killing 1000 or a health potion for killing 50.

And "check point"  is probably a better word for how I was imagining it. I definitely hate (with dungeons for example) that if you die you get kicked out, have to walk all the way back from town, th en all the way through the dungeon again. I don't want to waste money on life scrolls!

:yahoo: Control Points look awesome so here's my suggestions about it.

1. It must be like a dungeon or something where players can go and demand entrance to that special location.

2. Like what REAPER said, revive option must be removed once the player is inside the location. There must be a dedicated Revive Statue for each side and make it like if a player is killed for the first time, he will then automatically revive at the dedicated statue after a few seconds after he was killed, like 8 seconds and if the player is killed again for the second time, the respawn time will in increase for about 25%, eg. 1st death=8 seconds respawn time, 2nd=10 sec, 3rd=12.5 sec, and so on....

3. At the dedicated respawn statue of each side, add something like the Obelisks in Norlant Swamps that would kill the opposing  side like for example, a hero in Legion goes near to the respawn statue of Sentinel, he will then be killed instantly by it. It's just to avoid an enemy kill a player right after he respawn.

4. Every player inside the location must have a limited number of deaths, maybe 20 deaths and he will no longer able to use the respawn statue at the location. But he could use a facility on Miracle Shop named "Immortality Scrolls" that will revive him inside, reset his number of deaths and continue to go to war.

5. Add a limit of number of players to reduce or completely avoid lag.

6. And the idea of Exsodus, add an information in the World Chat saying, INFO: has killed 15 players! Somebody take him down!!! (It will only show if a player got a streak of kills without dying).

That's my suggestions and thanks in advance for noticing!  :)

I'm looking forward to it, devs.  :) :)

:yahoo: Control Points look awesome so here's my suggestions about it.

1. It must be like a dungeon or something where players can go and demand entrance to that special location.

2. Like what REAPER said, revive option must be removed once the player is inside the location. There must be a dedicated Revive Statue for each side and make it like if a player is killed for the first time, he will then automatically revive at the dedicated statue after a few seconds after he was killed, like 8 seconds and if the player is killed again for the second time, the respawn time will in increase for about 25%, eg. 1st death=8 seconds respawn time, 2nd=10 sec, 3rd=12.5 sec, and so on....

3. At the dedicated respawn statue of each side, add something like the Obelisks in Norlant Swamps that would kill the opposing  side like for example, a hero in Legion goes near to the respawn statue of Sentinel, he will then be killed instantly by it. It's just to avoid an enemy kill a player right after he respawn.

4. Every player inside the location must have a limited number of deaths, maybe 20 deaths and he will no longer able to use the respawn statue at the location. But he could use a facility on Miracle Shop named "Immortality Scrolls" that will revive him inside, reset his number of deaths and continue to go to war.

5. Add a limit of number of players to reduce or completely avoid lag.

6. And the idea of Exsodus, add an information in the World Chat saying, INFO: has killed 15 players! Somebody take him down!!! (It will only show if a player got a streak of kills without dying).

That's my suggestions and thanks in advance for noticing!  :)

I'm looking forward to it, devs.  :) :)

Agree to everything except the limited number of deaths.  :nea:

Hey!

i have thought about a simialar gameplay last weeks and now you come up with this idea. My suggestions or thouths on this:

-I tought of having statues or towers wich are located between camp caravan and the eastern elf camp

-These statues can be protected by the clan or destroyed by the enemy faction.

-If protecters stand close they have a buff, or the tower fires at enemys

-if the enemys destroy it they get a buff...lasting few min to reach and fight the next statue/tower

-This would make server wars at nadir much more fun and also would give nadir its special surrounding that this captial needs.

Thank you for caring about players thoughts, keep up good work!

cheers

edit: this is maybe easier to develop and to check this features effects in mass wars in advance ;) kind of dotha or lol feature...

Didn't say kill count was useful I just want to know for fun :P but you COULD make make it useful. Give everybody a prize after you kill a certain number of people. I wouldn't suggest equips but maybe win a costume for killing 1000 or a health potion for killing 50.

And "check point"  is probably a better word for how I was imagining it. I definitely hate (with dungeons for example) that if you die you get kicked out, have to walk all the way back from town, th en all the way through the dungeon again. I don't want to waste money on life scrolls!

i mean its aint bad idea but that would make even laggier  :friends:

also for rogues its easy but seriously make check points  :facepalm: :facepalm: :diablo:

i think the war thing start there chould be like mini bosses near the flag/towers to guard like 50,000 health and their be like 10 of them scince there gonna like 200 in the war and along the way there be guards and traps like the crossbows and rangers traps or holes tat you cant see and when you do capture the the area the guard dissapear and become your guard like th mcsaken have fire elementals ans chosen elves have wyverns and the towers should heal or buff and there should be like 30 squads of 30like 15 elve squads and 15 mcsaken that guard run up and down there side of all the roads or something and when a crowd of mcsaken or elves run by them they attack the party. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  i hope their good and i do like the idea if you kill so many mcsaken you get a prize like when you kill 60 you get a crystal and it shoukld be your choice like there be 1 for magic attack and 1 for atack per second and1 for reslliance but it should allways be random or maybe the chests could give you gold or a weapon or armor  and so on.

Hey!

i have thought about a simialar gameplay last weeks and now you come up with this idea. My suggestions or thouths on this:

-I tought of having statues or towers wich are located between camp caravan and the eastern elf camp

-These statues can be protected by the clan or destroyed by the enemy faction.

-If protecters stand close they have a buff, or the tower fires at enemys

-if the enemys destroy it they get a buff...lasting few min to reach and fight the next statue/tower

-This would make server wars at nadir much more fun and also would give nadir its special surrounding that this captial needs.

Thank you for caring about players thoughts, keep up good work!

cheers

edit: this is maybe easier to develop and to check this features effects in mass wars in advance ;) kind of dotha or lol feature...

i think the war thing start there chould be like mini bosses near the flag/towers to guard like 50,000 health and their be like 10 of them scince there gonna like 200 in the war and along the way there be guards and traps like the crossbows and rangers traps or holes tat you cant see and when you do capture the the area the guard dissapear and become your guard like th mcsaken have fire elementals ans chosen elves have wyverns and the towers should heal or buff and there should be like 30 squads of 30like 15 elve squads and 15 mcsaken that guard run up and down there side of all the roads or something and when a crowd of mcsaken or elves run by them they attack the party. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  i hope their good and i do like the idea if you kill so many mcsaken you get a prize like when you kill 60 you get a crystal and it shoukld be your choice like there be 1 for magic attack and 1 for atack per second and1 for reslliance but it should allways be random.

i think we both need an offensive i mean we dont need defending or attacking team. give the teams 2 statues like that (1-1).    who kills first wins  and if its for level difference different hp for each ones too.      and about guards make only 4 to staue and 4 to respawn  those near spawn need to be op so enemy cant camp us even more enterances

also i dont wanna make lv1 guilds vs lv5 aoa soon lv5 and noobies got no chance make guild war lvdifference max 1  :blush:

i think the war thing start there chould be like mini bosses near the flag/towers to guard like 50,000 health and their be like 10 of them scince there gonna like 200 in the war and along the way there be guards and traps like the crossbows and rangers traps or holes tat you cant see and when you do capture the the area the guard dissapear and become your guard like th mcsaken have fire elementals ans chosen elves have wyverns and the towers should heal or buff and there should be like 30 squads of 30like 15 elve squads and 15 mcsaken that guard run up and down there side of all the roads or something and when a crowd of mcsaken or elves run by them they attack the party. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  i hope their good and i do like the idea if you kill so many mcsaken you get a prize like when you kill 60 you get a crystal and it shoukld be your choice like there be 1 for magic attack and 1 for atack per second and1 for reslliance but it should allways be random.

and the guards at spawn should be rand om like there be bad guads and realy good guards like the worst is like plainjain ppl then there like thos frogs thing and so on and if you are gonna fight like 200v200 i think they should make a new currencie for this a a good amount of arena points and alot of guild point because im sure this will be alot of guilds doing this so alot of guild points would be amazing and i still like the idea like if you kill like 30 ememys you get something and if you get 60 you get a better prize or there should be like a brnze shest silver chaest  gold chest and so on and the winnres get a campion chest and that could give an outfit or reallr really good stuff or like gold or armor or a weapon. :dirol: :pardon:

Nice idea, but have you guys fixed the necro's expert skill?(Fateful connection) coz I still remember when Snorlar first came and we(elves) are farming it with 3-4 parties then suddenly 1 lvl20 necro came and used that Fateful connection on us and since it has a wide range, all of us has been linked and with Snorlar skill damaging us(The Chop-like skill) guess what happened next? WE ALL DIED! but not because the Snorlar skill is too strong but anyhow, We ALL lagged and disconnected from the game.  :facepalm:  Something is not right there so please check that issue before implementing this update.

P.S: I was playing in my desktop that time with fast and stable connection so dont tell me its about my device or connection. It happened not once,not twice but several times. Imagine a player using a low specs device...  :facepalm:

Nice idea, but have you guys fixed the necro's expert skill?(Fateful connection) coz I still remember when Snorlar first came and we(elves) are farming it with 3-4 parties then suddenly 1 lvl20 necro came and used that Fateful connection on us and since it has a wide range, all of us has been linked and with Snorlar skill damaging us(The Chop-like skill) guess what happened next? WE ALL DIED! but not because the Snorlar skill is too strong but anyhow, We ALL lagged and disconnected from the game.  :facepalm:  Something is not right there so please check that issue before implementing this update.

P.S: I was playing in my desktop that time with fast and stable connection so dont tell me its about my device or connection. It happened not once,not twice but several times. Imagine a player using a low specs device...  :facepalm:

understand the skill name. ur connection with server will have a disconnecting fate

understand the skill name. ur connection with server will have a disconnecting fate

lol :lol:

Imagine if there would be atleast 10 paladins with banner min 3/4 (lvl20+) holding the control point, then it would imossible for someone else to capture it.  :bomb: 

GO PALAS :clapping: :diablo:

Can't wait till the control points are finished :)  :blush:

I always wanted something like this.

I imagined these contested areas would be "no man's lands" where either faction could capture and hold a part of the map. It would be most fun if it were an actual location on the main map rather than a dungeon or some other separate area, but I understand that might be tricky to implement and I'll enjoy it either way.

Not sure if I understand these these big "alliances". Are they temporary, for only a few minutes or hours? I just hope there is a way to keep them more balanced than the current guilds, where the top guilds win everything.

If there would be a limit of number of players and there's 100 Paladins with 4/4 Harad's Banner vs 1 Necromancer with 4/4 Fateful Connection plus 99 Rogues with 4/4 Ellusive Jump+5/5 Merciless Strike, I could imagine what will happen next  :bad: :bad: :bad: :bad: :bad: