Jump to content

How to fix death knight


 Share

Recommended Posts

As we all know dk is one if not the worst class in the game and it lacks many things that other meta clasees have . 

Lets start with arena. 

Dk doesnt have good defense , it doesnt have heal , doesnt have burst dmg and it doesnt have any group support. Only thing that dk have is control on 1 charather that is easily countered with resist scrolls or defensive parameters.

Changes i would love to see is. 

 

 

 Dark shield

This skill is outdated and it doesnt help at all in pvp and even in pve unlees  its in low lvl pve content. I think it should combine with  whole defense of dk not just raaw defense but then lets lower its % so it wont be broken.

 

Blood protection

This skill only work on 4/4 and its not good if we compare it to paladin shield chief rugged shaman cleanse and barbarian stone skin. Main problem is low duration and fact that its active skill so u need to use it be4 u grt stunned and we lose lile 2 sec be4 we engage. This skill should make shield so that it wont lose some valuavable seconds on using it be4 fight.

 

Aura of hatred 

One of worst skill in dk . This buff is useless in pvp and pve. What does it need is something that depend on what type of dk it is .  If phy dmg prevails give us bonus attack speed or if magic dmg prevails make it give us something like increase in skill dmg or cd. Even if its changed like barbarian fury it would be usefull. Since fury gives dmg to barbarian and they mostly use it as heal.

 

Secret reserves 

There are way too many suggestions but as i see developers doesnt care. This skill need complete rework.  Hp regeneration is useless  in the game and nothing can change that. 

 

Sharp shadow 

I would say this skill is fine maybe combo with saturation should heal us more.  Since this can be parried/blocked/dodged and dk doesnt have many magic dmg skills.

 

Knight curse

This skills was supposed to be game changer for dk but its hard to make use of this skill. Its easily avoidable its slow and dk cant control it in most cases. I think this should work as aoe skill around dk or like shaman totem and paladin banner.

 

Blow of silence 

This skill is pretty lame if u consider its buff its working for 1 attack but silence is ok

 

Thread of darkness

Only dk skill that helps him vs ranged opponents and there is nothing else its used for. This also need change maybe it should work like warden skill since warden still tp enemy even after skill is resisted. Skill debuff is worthless.

 

 

Exhalation of darkness

Another outdated skill. U need to hit enemy with autoattack to do dmg and apply stun while it can work like normal dmg skill. 

 

About dk talent i dont even want to talk since all of them are useless . Only good one is dark shield+ but dak shield is very bad skill. 

 

I would like to see other ppl opinions about specific skill changes but i know it wont change anything. I see ppl giving ideas for 4 years and nothing is beaing changed in dk. With every update it becomes more and more outdated . I dont even see new players that try dk and many good dks on my server already quitted or they have new char

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Santa Claus said:

As we all know dk is one if not the worst class in the game and it lacks many things that other meta clasees have .

strange you say this, dk is the second best tank in the game, and still has the ability to deal very large amounts of damage.
I myself have been able to play with dks tanks using a light set and doing more damage than a dmg class.

 

23 minutes ago, Santa Claus said:

Dk doesnt have good defense , it doesnt have heal , doesnt have burst dmg and it doesnt have any group support. Only thing that dk have is control on 1 charather that is easily countered with resist scrolls or defensive parameters.

for arena in specific, dks have one of the best control combos in the game.
They do have an excellent defensive ability, they are one of the most resistant classes in pvp, they have great damage in the area and still a good damage in single target.

 

24 minutes ago, Santa Claus said:

Dark shield

This skill is outdated and it doesnt help at all in pvp and even in pve unlees  its in low lvl pve content. I think it should combine with  whole defense of dk not just raaw defense but then lets lower its % so it wont be broken.

 

24 minutes ago, Santa Claus said:

Blood protection

This skill only work on 4/4 and its not good if we compare it to paladin shield chief rugged shaman cleanse and barbarian stone skin. Main problem is low duration and fact that its active skill so u need to use it be4 u grt stunned and we lose lile 2 sec be4 we engage. This skill should make shield so that it wont lose some valuavable seconds on using it be4 fight.

the combination of these two abilities gives the death knight practically 8s of immortality.
while one reduces its damage by % the other reduces the damage by a fixed amount, making the dk able to resist immense amounts of damage, with a support class on the side it becomes practically impossible to kill a dk.

 

26 minutes ago, Santa Claus said:

Aura of hatred 

One of worst skill in dk . This buff is useless in pvp and pve. What does it need is something that depend on what type of dk it is .  If phy dmg prevails give us bonus attack speed or if magic dmg prevails make it give us something like increase in skill dmg or cd. Even if its changed like barbarian fury it would be usefull. Since fury gives dmg to barbarian and they mostly use it as heal.

this is a good skill, it increases the death knight's damage, and allows him to do even more damage. works well within your proposal. increase damage and be a useful skill in pve.

28 minutes ago, Santa Claus said:

Sharp shadow 

I would say this skill is fine maybe combo with saturation should heal us more.  Since this can be parried/blocked/dodged and dk doesnt have many magic dmg skills.

ability that deals great magic damage, has the possibility to apply the stun effect and is still a ranged attack. and you want even more for this skill?

28 minutes ago, Santa Claus said:

Knight curse

This skills was supposed to be game changer for dk but its hard to make use of this skill. Its easily avoidable its slow and dk cant control it in most cases. I think this should work as aoe skill around dk or like shaman totem and paladin banner.

this is one of the strongest damage abilities in the game, with the possibility of dealing large amounts of area damage, any change in how the ability works means having to nerf its damage a lot, it's a trade that probably no one would want to make.

29 minutes ago, Santa Claus said:

Blow of silence 

This skill is pretty lame if u consider its buff its working for 1 attack but silence is ok

skill works well as intended. control a target and maintain a control combo on it.

30 minutes ago, Santa Claus said:

Thread of darkness

Only dk skill that helps him vs ranged opponents and there is nothing else its used for. This also need change maybe it should work like warden skill since warden still tp enemy even after skill is resisted. Skill debuff is worthless.

taking into account how the dk skill kit works, this skill has a much higher strength than normal.
lets you pull an enemy up to 7 meters, lets you pull enemies into your knight's curse.
in some arenas you can pull enemies so far, that a single use of this skill already determines the final result of the arena.

31 minutes ago, Santa Claus said:

Exhalation of darkness

Another outdated skill. U need to hit enemy with autoattack to do dmg and apply stun while it can work like normal dmg skill. 

an attack enhancement, something that is well within the concept of a death knight's abilities.
deals heavy magic damage to the target, and can stun the enemy for up to 4s. after the last buffs this skill received, it became an excellent skill mainly for pvp.

 

33 minutes ago, Santa Claus said:

About dk talent i dont even want to talk since all of them are useless . Only good one is dark shield+ but dak shield is very bad skill. 

The dks' shield talent is very strong, it allows him to resist immense amounts of damage, mainly considering that he can heal frequently due to the large amounts of vampirism that the class has.

Specialist skill talents are weak, but this is not unique to dks

 

dks today are one of the best classes in the legion, they have great damage, control and have many defensive skills.
I don't understand what the reason for your lamentations is, taking into account the current state of the dks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 минуты назад, Rhaast сказал:

this is a good skill, it increases the death knight's damage, and allows him to do even more damage. works well within your proposal. increase damage and be a useful skill in pve.

 

"Used a translator, there may be errors in the text"

Ahahaha...no.

The aura of hatred is one of the weakest skills of the Knight. It doesn’t last on cooldown, it takes extra skill points that could be invested in much more useful skills.

Adding the talent to the mass aura did not improve the situation, because even in the total benefit, the skill loses to such skills as the "Dark Force" of the necromancer.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Deso said:
 

"Used a translator, there may be errors in the text"

Ahahaha...no.

The aura of hatred is one of the weakest skills of the Knight. It doesn’t last on cooldown, it takes extra skill points that could be invested in much more useful skills.

Adding the talent to the mass aura did not improve the situation, because even in the total benefit, the skill loses to such skills as the "Dark Force" of the necromancer.

 

for one of the dmg, (yes I know some) it's a good skill. increasing damage by 15% is a very valuable thing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Santa Claus said:

Sharp shadow 

I would say this skill is fine maybe combo with saturation should heal us more.  Since this can be parried/blocked/dodged and dk doesnt have many magic dmg skills.

Or just remove the parry/block/dodge chance, since it's the main healing skill of a Magical DK

 

3 hours ago, Santa Claus said:

Knight curse

This skills was supposed to be game changer for dk but its hard to make use of this skill. Its easily avoidable its slow and dk cant control it in most cases. I think this should work as aoe skill around dk or like shaman totem and paladin banner.

If it worked as an AoE damage skill around the DK, the Kiss of Death debuff would also have to be AoE

 

3 hours ago, Santa Claus said:

Blow of silence 

This skill is pretty lame if u consider its buff its working for 1 attack but silence is ok

The focus of the skill isn't the damage, it's the silence

 

3 hours ago, Santa Claus said:

Exhalation of darkness

Another outdated skill. U need to hit enemy with autoattack to do dmg and apply stun while it can work like normal dmg skill.

Agreed.

 

 

2 hours ago, Rhaast said:

strange you say this, dk is the second best tank in the game, and still has the ability to deal very large amounts of damage.
I myself have been able to play with dks tanks using a light set and doing more damage than a dmg class.

I also agree that the DK is not that bad, but as @Santa Claus said, it is really outdated.

Example? If you miss Sharp Shadow, it won't deal damage or stun the enemy, while Beastmaster's Chain Lighting stun works even if you miss it.

 

2 hours ago, Rhaast said:

for arena in specific, dks have one of the best control combos in the game.
They do have an excellent defensive ability, they are one of the most resistant classes in pvp, they have great damage in the area and still a good damage in single target.

I wouldn't say they have "an excellent defensive ability", they just have a good control combo.

 

2 hours ago, Rhaast said:

this is a good skill, it increases the death knight's damage, and allows him to do even more damage. works well within your proposal. increase damage and be a useful skill in pve.

To be honest, it isn't. There is not point to level it up being a Tank DK since there are better defensive skills (Saturation, Secret Reserves and Blood Protection) and the 15% Defense buff is not that amazing (considering it doesn't even help Dark Shield).

 

You could use it as a Magical DK, but even though 15% of Damage is good, there are also better skills to level up (Knight's Curse, Sharp Shadow, Steel Hurricane).

 

So in theory, it is a good skill, but in practice, it definitely isn't worth it.

 

2 hours ago, Rhaast said:

ability that deals great magic damage, has the possibility to apply the stun effect and is still a ranged attack. and you want even more for this skill?

Trust me, every DK agrees that it shouldn't be parried/blocked/dodged. I honestly wouldn't mind if they removed the stun to put it any other skill (like an AoE stun in Steel Hurricane) but made it hit with 100% of chance, since it is the main healing source of a Magical DK.

 

2 hours ago, Rhaast said:

this is one of the strongest damage abilities in the game, with the possibility of dealing large amounts of area damage, any change in how the ability works means having to nerf its damage a lot, it's a trade that probably no one would want to make.

Not really. Right now, the skill is ranged, if they made it deal damage around the character, the player would need to be closer to enemies, putting it into even more risk.

 

2 hours ago, Rhaast said:

an attack enhancement, something that is well within the concept of a death knight's abilities.
deals heavy magic damage to the target, and can stun the enemy for up to 4s. after the last buffs this skill received, it became an excellent skill mainly for pvp.

The skill is not that good for the single fact that the player needs to do an auto-attack with the buff on. If the player doesn't hit anything during 4 seconds (pretty likely to happen if you use a mace or a 2-handed weapon), you lost the effect of the skill.

It's one of the few skills in the game that needs the character to do an auto-attack, but its buff has the lowest duration.

 

2 hours ago, Rhaast said:

dks today are one of the best classes in the legion, they have great damage, control and have many defensive skills.
I don't understand what the reason for your lamentations is, taking into account the current state of the dks

 

I don't agree with the opinion that the DK is one of the worst classes but i also don't agree with the opinion that it is one of the best.

There are definitely better classes, i'd say the Death Knight is average.

Edited by Khrone
Minor spelling mistakes
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Rhaast said:

strange you say this, dk is the second best tank in the game, and still has the ability to deal very large amounts of damage.
I myself have been able to play with dks tanks using a light set and doing more damage than a dmg class.

Good tank in pve but in pvp there are many better chars like mage /chieftain/shaman /seeker that arent even tanks and can tank more than dk. 

For that  pve part thats just impossible . How can dk that only got 15% dmg buff do more than dmgs ???? U clearly dont know thing about game if u think thats possible.

3 hours ago, Rhaast said:

for arena in specific, dks have one of the best control combos in the game.
They do have an excellent defensive ability, they are one of the most resistant classes in pvp, they have great damage in the area and still a good damage in single target

That control combo can easily be negated by having good defansive bonuses like warden /barbarian/rogue and many more or jsut by using resist scroll as i know buffs are used in arena . That dmg is false since only ppl that dont have clue about dk actually stands in fire . Single target dmg is not existing i cant even apply curse on heavy merman equiped ppl when they are below 50% hp bcs it will be erased.

3 hours ago, Rhaast said:

the combination of these two abilities gives the death knight practically 8s of immortality.
while one reduces its damage by % the other reduces the damage by a fixed amount, making the dk able to resist immense amounts of damage, with a support class on the side it becomes practically impossible to kill a dk.

Combination of what ? Dark shield doesnt reduce more than 60 dmg since u need to use resilience in pvp and blood protection doesnt help at all when dk is stunned ,other tanks still can depend on their stone skin /shield /and defansive status while dk need to use hp regen to get heal . Also not to mention there is no way to heal apart from reserves which is useless in pvp. I have blood protection maxed and all defansive talents with 46 resil and heavy mm and still rogue /ranger/hunter/chief/even barb with 1h can do insane dmg to me

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It is extremely frustrating to have one of the strongest DKs in the game, and to be blocked in the arena by enemies running around with scrolls and pots that are easily acquired. The only thing that is undeniably good about the Death Knight these days is the survivability due to vampirism.

 

However when it comes to defense and damage the class is only half-assed. The class is outdated when it comes to PvP (That's because I still have Octopus book, the only reason it's not easily controlled), today the DK is not a Tank, but a Bruiser easily fought. As long as you can do damage, you can survive. My suggestions are similar:

 

Shadow Shield: Change in skill formula. In addition to the current reduction which is a raw value, implement a % damage reduction of +- 0.5% for every 1000 physical and magical defense that comes from the character itself (Runes, Equipment, Amplification and Extra Class Ability Books).

 

Emanate: Instant skill cast instead of strengthening auto attack.

 

Hate Aura: Removal of defense boost and addition of Ability Cooldown or Attack Speed parameters depending on the predominant damage type.

 

Secret Reserves: Rework the skill to work with the % Health parameter instead of Health Regen (Similar to the Templar Mantra).

 

Threads of Darkness: Increased root time which is currently around 1s after pulling the enemy to stagger (1s / 1.5s / 2s / 2.5s / 3s).

 

Sharp Shadow: No more need for the 80% stun chance cap as there is now the resistance parameter. The chance at level 4/4 should be 100%. In addition to an increase in cast distance as it can be resisted, parried, blocked and dodged.

 

Blood Protection: This is the only skill that is actually on the right track. Because it is a significant increase in damage reduction, the way it works is justifiable. However, the skill needs at least + 1s duration to compensate for the high cooldown.

 

Knight's Curse: I believe the class mechanics are correct. The Knight's task must be to keep the enemy on fire. But your current kit doesn't allow you to do that.

 

Steel Hurricane: the only complaints I have about this skill are in relation to the strong visual bug to hit the enemy. And the new talent tree skill, which needs to be at least 25% instead of the current 15%.

 

Such changes are fully compatible with current class mechanics, and would not change the game's style and proposal in any way.

Edited by Filipe Ramon
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Khrone said:

Or just remove the parry/block/dodge chance, since it's the main healing skill of a Magical DK

it's not a healing skill, it's a damage and control skill.
being able to defend against this ability is one of the things that allow a player to avoid suffering a stun combo from a dk.

4 hours ago, Khrone said:

If you miss Sharp Shadow, it won't deal damage or stun the enemy, while Beastmaster's Chain Lighting stun works even if you miss it.

the difference is that while dk has 3 hard CCs, beastmaster has only 1.
It's not like you can compare these two classes in such a simple way.
beastmaster 1 stun, 1 root
dk 2 stuns, 1 silence, 1 root.

 

4 hours ago, Khrone said:

I wouldn't say they have "an excellent defensive ability", they just have a good control combo.

a well-made dk does have a good defensive ability, and also a lot of control. Of course, that's not why you should think he'll survive easily and indefinitely in the arena just because he's a dk.

 

4 hours ago, Khrone said:

To be honest, it isn't. There is not point to level it up being a Tank DK since there are better defensive skills (Saturation, Secret Reserves and Blood Protection) and the 15% Defense buff is not that amazing (considering it doesn't even help Dark Shield).

 

You could use it as a Magical DK, but even though 15% of Damage is good, there are also better skills to level up (Knight's Curse, Sharp Shadow, Steel Hurricane).

 

So in theory, it is a good skill, but in practice, it definitely isn't worth it.

the dmg dks I know of enhance this skill. if they use it, why would it be bad? a damage and defense buff. simple and efficient to improve class damage.

4 hours ago, Khrone said:

Trust me, every DK agrees that it shouldn't be parried/blocked/dodged.

Of course dk players would wish this ability couldn't be defended easily, but that's where the game balance comes in. not everything you want for your class is possible.

4 hours ago, Khrone said:

since it is the main healing source of a Magical DK.

again speaking, this is a damage and control skill, not a healing skill. healing with this ability is a consequence.

4 hours ago, Khrone said:

Not really. Right now, the skill is ranged, if they made it deal damage around the character, the player would need to be closer to enemies, putting it into even more risk.

do you think a skill that deals up to 180% of the character's damage every 3s in area would be balanced for the game, following the dk wherever he goes? taking into account mainly that the dk is a class that can easily stay close to the enemy.
this is the best magic skill in dk, and maybe even in the game. does so much damage that even after tweaks it still remains as the skill with the highest damage potential in the game, taking into account each use.

 

4 hours ago, Khrone said:

The skill is not that good for the single fact that the player needs to do an auto-attack with the buff on. If the player doesn't hit anything during 4 seconds (pretty likely to happen if you use a mace or a 2-handed weapon), you lost the effect of the skill.

It's one of the few skills in the game that needs the character to do an auto-attack, but its buff has the lowest duration.

dk combos let you easily use this skill. I don't understand how difficult it is to combar using the mechanics of it.
In arenas lvl 32 I see dks managing to combo enemies without problems, it is worth remembering that there are relics that can increase the duration of the skill in the character, and take more time to perform your attack.

 

4 hours ago, Khrone said:

I don't agree with the opinion that the DK is one of the worst classes but i also don't agree with the opinion that it is one of the best.

There are definitely better classes, i'd say the Death Knight is average.

dk is now in one of the best places he's been in the last few years as a class.
can easily tank all contents, can build builds focused on damage, for pvp has a lot of control, as well as good options for defensive and offensive relics.
I really don't see the reason for so many complaints about the dks.

1 hour ago, Santa Claus said:

How can dk that only got 15% dmg buff do more than dmgs ????

you don't need all your skills to be excellent in all game content. hate aura is a good skill for dks who want to dmg in pve. for pvp there are many other better options.
a dks can quite easily deal good amounts of damage while tanking, depending on the build he chooses to use.
maybe you don't have a good dk, or you didn't know how to assemble yours, I recommend looking for help from players better than you :)

1 hour ago, Santa Claus said:

That control combo can easily be negated by having good defansive bonuses like warden /barbarian/rogue and many more or jsut by using resist scroll as i know buffs are used in arena . That dmg is false since only ppl that dont have clue about dk actually stands in fire . Single target dmg is not existing i cant even apply curse on heavy merman equiped ppl when they are below 50% hp bcs it will be erased.

if you are in an arena you can use your curse on a player who has no way to remove the effect, simple.
about defending yourself from dk controls with defensive stats, it's the minimum right? or you wanted all players defensive stats to be ignored by a class with 3 strong control skills.

1 hour ago, Santa Claus said:

Combination of what ? Dark shield doesnt reduce more than 60 dmg since u need to use resilience in pvp and blood protection doesnt help at all when dk is stunned ,other tanks still can depend on their stone skin /shield /and defansive status while dk need to use hp regen to get heal . Also not to mention there is no way to heal apart from reserves which is useless in pvp. I have blood protection maxed and all defansive talents with 46 resil and heavy mm and still rogue /ranger/hunter/chief/even barb with 1h can do insane dmg to me

if your black shield only reduces 60 dmg there is something wrong with your character, after all a dk uses heavy items and can very simply even without runes get a good amount of defense. use blood protection before receiving a control, a good player can easily predict when a fight will take place in the arena and can very simply prepare for it. It's not like your skill will only last 2s. if you are dying so quickly with your current character, try to change something about him, to have more life. use a shield and have a good amount of block, parry. no tank in the game can tank just depending on skills, they all need defensive stats, or you will just be delaying your death

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Filipe Ramon said:

Emanate and Breath of Silence: Instant skill cast instead of strengthening auto attack.

 

Actually, Blow of Silence works with skills too. PvP DKs use Steel Hurricane + Blow of Silence to silence the enemy with 100% chance.

 

17 minutes ago, Filipe Ramon said:

Hate Aura: Removal of defense boost and addition of Ability Cooldown or Attack Speed parameters depending on the predominant damage type.

 

I'd make Skill Cooldown or Penetration depending on the weapon type (one-handed or two-handed), not predominant damage type. 

 

19 minutes ago, Filipe Ramon said:

Secret Reserves: Rework the skill to work with the % Health parameter instead of Health Regen (Similar to the Templar Mantra).

 

That would be a lot better. This way, DKs wouldn't have to worry about losing Vampirism in the cape and amulet to put HP Regeneration.

 

21 minutes ago, Filipe Ramon said:

Threads of Darkness: Increased root time which is currently around 1s after pulling the enemy to stagger (1s / 1.5s / 2s / 2.5s / 3s).

 

I think the skill is ok the way it is right now

 

22 minutes ago, Filipe Ramon said:

Knight's Curse: I believe the class mechanics are correct. The Knight's task must be to keep the enemy on fire. But your current kit doesn't allow you to do that.

 

The best comment about Knight's Curse i've seen so far

Just now, Rhaast said:

it's not a healing skill, it's a damage and control skill.
being able to defend against this ability is one of the things that allow a player to avoid suffering a stun combo from a dk.

 

It heals 50% of the damage dealt at 4/4 if you have Saturation active, and if you miss it, you're pretty much dead, since Magic DKs don't have the same defensive stats as a tank one

 

2 minutes ago, Rhaast said:

the difference is that while dk has 3 hard CCs, beastmaster has only 1.
It's not like you can compare these two classes in such a simple way.
beastmaster 1 stun, 1 root
dk 2 stuns, 1 silence, 1 root.

 

I wasn't trying to compare the classes, i'm just saying it's unfair that most of DKs magical damaging/stun skills can be easily avoided, while Beastmaster's can't.

And it's not only stuns, if you miss Moon Touch, the debuff still works on the enemy. How is it even possible?

 

4 minutes ago, Rhaast said:

the dmg dks I know of enhance this skill. if they use it, why would it be bad? a damage and defense buff. simple and efficient to improve class damage.

 

It was one of the main skills of a magical dmg DK before the Saturation buff. After that, the skill isn't that popular

 

7 minutes ago, Rhaast said:

again speaking, this is a damage and control skill, not a healing skill. healing with this ability is a consequence.

 

This consequence became really useful after Saturation rework lol

As i said before, i wouldn't mind if they moved the stun to any other skill just to keep it 100% chance of hitting

 

9 minutes ago, Rhaast said:

dk is now in one of the best places he's been in the last few years as a class.

 

Just because he is better than he was before doesn't mean he's one of the best classes

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Khrone said:

I think the skill is ok the way it is right now

 

If we take into account that your Paladin antagonist can stun in area and silence, I think it's a fair buff in the current functioning when dealing with a single target. In addition to being another way to keep the enemy in the Knight's Curse.

Edited by Filipe Ramon
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In EU Emerald Death Knight is the worst tank of the game •~•) bruh nobody like in Legion people prefer Barbarian is more comfortable.

Their performance is only useful for pull enemies

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Kyrai said:

In EU Emerald Death Knight is the worst tank of the game •~•) bruh nobody like in Legion people prefer Barbarian is more comfortable.

Their performance is only useful for pull enemies

 

On the BR Tourmaline server it was like this for a long time, until we started investing in magic construction. Currently with my 2 Hand Hammer DK and set I can tank Orcinus without a healer or pet just with vampirism. Obviously not everyone does the same, but currently building magic with vampirism is vastly superior to PvE and PvP.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Filipe Ramon said:

 

On the BR Tourmaline server it was like this for a long time, until we started investing in magic construction. Currently with my 2 Hand Hammer DK and set I can tank Orcinus without a healer or pet just with vampirism. Obviously not everyone does the same, but currently building magic with vampirism is vastly superior to PvE and PvP.

 

It only became usef after the buff on Saturation lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

basic skills:

dark shield: additonal dmg reduction depends on magic defense

thread:bugs in myth sea and mermen dg can do better than dk

throne: dmg type and bounes depends on prevailing attack

experts:

hurricane: 1 adiitional yard in 63000 class talent(5*5)

sharp shadow: additional physical bounes and 100% stun when 4/4

silence: keep the attack bounes for 5 sec after silence effect consumed

aura:pene and attack speed instead of pure stats

reserve: make cd parameter work on it

curse : i hope its magic bounes wont be nerf,or magic dk is dead

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, bearpharma said:

basic skills:

dark shield: additonal dmg reduction depends on magic defense

thread:bugs in myth sea and mermen dg can do better than dk

throne: dmg type and bounes depends on prevailing attack

experts:

hurricane: 1 adiitional yard in 63000 class talent(5*5)

sharp shadow: additional physical bounes and 100% stun when 4/4

silence: keep the attack bounes for 5 sec after silence effect consumed

aura:pene and attack speed instead of pure stats

reserve: make cd parameter work on it

curse : i hope its magic bounes wont be nerf,or magic dk is dead

 

 

 

 

 

A realistic list. And frankly not even that broken. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Higgings said:

A realistic list. And frankly not even that broken. 

I'd say the Thorns change is kinda unrealistic

If they made that change, every player who play with a hybrid damage class would ask it too

 

Also, about Dark Shield, doesn't physical defense decrease physical damage and magical defense decrease magical damage? 

Or the skill picks only physical defense to decrease both types of damage?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Khrone said:

Also, about Dark Shield, doesn't physical defense decrease physical damage and magical defense decrease magical damage? 

Or the skill picks only physical defense to decrease both types of damage?

Only physical defense, decrease both magical and physical dmg, thats why most dks only invest in physical defense runes.

Edited by Legix
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Khrone said:

I'd say the Thorns change is kinda unrealistic

If they made that change, every player who play with a hybrid damage class would ask it too

 

And that's exactly as it should be, if you design an hybrid class. One thing are expert skills, which you buy (hence you can decide whether to buy it or not) another are basic skills, which you got by default and you can't change them in any way. These skills should support you regardless of the build you choose. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Higgings said:

 

And that's exactly as it should be, if you design an hybrid class. One thing are expert skills, which you buy (hence you can decide whether to buy it or not) another are basic skills, which you got by default and you can't change them in any way. These skills should support you regardless of the build you choose. 

Yeah but technically you can change basic skills with relics :interesting:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Drakoknight said:

Yeah but technically you can change basic skills with relics :interesting:

 

You can improve them, not change. You can't change what the basic skill does in terms of effects. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

BD, Barb, Reaper, Warden all have resist buff. 

Dk need too. Its very important point.

So bloodprotect must include resist buff or remove debuff.

Like shaman cleansing skill

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, US Evil said:

BD, Barb, Reaper, Warden all have resist buff. 

Dk need too. Its very important point.

So bloodprotect must include resist buff or remove debuff.

Like shaman cleansing skill

I would say have Blood Protection provide the same buff as the Blood Protection scroll while providing a resist buff

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, US Evil said:

BD, Barb, Reaper, Warden all have resist buff. 

Dk need too. Its very important point.

So bloodprotect must include resist buff or remove debuff.

Like shaman cleansing skill

Well, considering Paladin is like DK's counterpart and doesn't have Resistance, i think it's ok

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Khrone said:

Well, considering Paladin is like DK's counterpart and doesn't have Resistance, i think it's ok

Wym that's OK? Dk is on the back foot over it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Drakoknight said:

Wym that's OK? Dk is on the back foot over it

Not because of Resistance though

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, US Evil said:

Wow that Guide same dmg BD&DK :)

Screenshot_20221003-164901_Warspear Online.jpg

Screenshot_20221003-164737_Warspear Online.jpg

This isn't reliable lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/2/2022 at 3:05 PM, US Evil said:

BD, Barb, Reaper, Warden all have resist buff. 

Dk need too. Its very important point.

So bloodprotect must include resist buff or remove debuff.

Like shaman cleansing skill

Agree

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Listen, I have no problems with asking for buffs to dk but no stun skill should be 100% chance (This does include BM too, I wouldn't mind that skill being nerfed). Sharp shadow already does extra things other than just stun anyway so it getting 100% chance to stun while also having good damage on it would just be stupid. I see no reason for this change, I think the skill already does it's job well enough.

 

Also to comment on the Knight's curse aoe being hard to control, it is just the players fault for not timing their skills properly. Sharp shadow is instant cast stun skill. It's the perfect stun skill to cast when the aoe fire from the curse blooms to catch people inside it. And afterwards you can combo it into exhalation. While you could argue the skill is harder to use than let's say paladins banner, it also does damage much more rapidly thus being harder to actually avoid it if you do get caught. So basically what I'm saying is that stop spamming your skills and instead use them during opportune times.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/27/2022 at 10:45 AM, US Evil said:

Dk Must buff this.

1.bloodprotect add remove debuff 

not include control debuff

Or resist like barb skill If 4/4 4sec

2. Auro buff add speed & penet up

So finally it would be a skill worth investing points, atk speed buff would be perfect for physical dks, and magical dks demands penetration so bad. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
赖斯林 于 2022 年 10 月 27 日下午 3:07 说道:

听着,我要求对 dk 进行 buff 没有问题,但没有眩晕技能应该是 100% 的机会(这也包括 BM,我不介意该技能被削弱)。 锋利的阴影已经做了除了眩晕之外的其他事情,所以它有 100% 的几率眩晕,同时还对它造成良好的伤害,这只是愚蠢的。 我认为没有理由进行这种更改,我认为该技能已经足够好。

 

还要评论一下骑士的诅咒aoe很难控制,这只是玩家没有正确把握技能的错。 锐影是瞬发眩晕技能。 当诅咒的aoe火焰绽放以捕捉其中的人时,这是一个完美的眩晕技能。 然后你可以把它组合成呼气。 虽然您可能会争辩说该技能比圣骑士旗帜更难使用,但它也会造成更快的伤害,因此如果您被抓住,则更难真正避免它。 所以基本上我要说的是停止向你的技能发送垃圾邮件,而是在适当的时候使用它们。

 

for magic dk ,sharp shadow is good skill for its combination of dmg,heal and stun(though not 100%).curse is op dmg skill with highest magic bounes,but it has a 8s dealy to deal dmg,skilled player(mage,priest,pala)has their own way to counter this skill,magic dk pays too much reliance on curse,thats why magic dk is a op dmg dealer but not a decent playstyle.

More over, physical dk should have their position in pvp,but now they have low mobility,no resist skill,poor burst dmg and outdated control skills.Heavy mermen gears make them seem decent,but they really need an overall update on mechanisms and numercial value.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/8/2022 at 1:20 PM, bearpharma said:

for magic dk ,sharp shadow is good skill for its combination of dmg,heal and stun(though not 100%).curse is op dmg skill with highest magic bounes,but it has a 8s dealy to deal dmg,skilled player(mage,priest,pala)has their own way to counter this skill,magic dk pays too much reliance on curse,thats why magic dk is a op dmg dealer but not a decent playstyle.

More over, physical dk should have their position in pvp,but now they have low mobility,no resist skill,poor burst dmg and outdated control skills.Heavy mermen gears make them seem decent,but they really need an overall update on mechanisms and numercial value.

However, the curse is meaningless now,Horror talent: Vampire Deliverance always removes curse's debuff ,a flameout magic dk😅🤡😅rip

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Magic dk is random. Ppl complain about how dk skills have huge dmg % while dk doest use cloth items . In magic build i think dk is pretty bad bcs dk auto attacks are useless . Maybe make exhalation hit more times would change that or something like this bcs dmg output is very small

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...