Jump to content

Death Knight's 10th Expert Skill


 Share

Recommended Posts

2023 is right around the corner, and with it, the next map: Almahad!

For the ones who don't know what i'm talking about, i suggest you to read this: [2022.07.29] In developing: Almahad, the Isle of Chainless League. Part I

 

Before it released, there was the release of two new classes, and probably the last ones: the Beastmaster and the Reaper.

 

This post is based on the hypothesis that in the same update that will introduce Almahad, the maximum level will increase, and maybe we would get new Expert Skills.

 

So my question is: What do you think that the Death Knight needs or what do you think we will get?

Edited by Khrone
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A skill that matches the title: Death Knight, It will bring back the outdated skill from hell, and raise a parameter that only dk uses.

 

Death's Aid (Passive Ability): Whenever a target has been eliminated with the knight's aid, death will bless him. Each blessing will increase the hp regeneration effect and speed by 10%, and the effect of the "Dark Shield" skill by 20% for 180 seconds.

Maximum Blessings Stacks: 5.

(The death of the character or the use of any purifying skill, will not cancel the effect of this skill)

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Legix said:

A skill that matches the title: Death Knight, It will bring back the outdated skill from hell, and raise a parameter that only dk uses.

 

Death's Aid (Passive Ability): Whenever a target has been eliminated with the knight's aid, death will bless him. Each blessing will increase the hp regeneration effect and speed by 10%, and the effect of the "Dark Shield" skill by 20% for 180 seconds.

Maximum Blessings Stacks: 5.

(The death of the character or the use of any purifying skill, will not cancel the effect of this skill)

 

Speed regeneration?

That status should be die, idk change for another Mechanic

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Kyrai said:

Speed regeneration?

That status should be die, idk change for another Mechanic

True, HP regeneration is a dead stat lol

Edited by Khrone
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If anything it should use the new Hate mechanic. I would say that damage increases with every 3 hate and turns the player into a demon with a large shield or a large sword depending on what weapon type is being use

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Drakoknight said:

If anything it should use the new Hate mechanic. I would say that damage increases with every 3 hate and turns the player into a demon with a large shield or a large sword depending on what weapon type is being use

But Hate is a thing exclusive for the Reaper, and basically just an extension of the skill Demonic Appearance lol

 

It's like saying the Paladin should have its own Dragon Eye or Shield of Harad

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Khrone said:

But Hate is a thing exclusive for the Reaper, and basically just an extension of the skill Demonic Appearance lol

 

It's like saying the Paladin should have its own Dragon Eye or Shield of Harad

Or make it a new movement skill for the dk similar to chieftains but it can affect all party members. After all dk doesn't have a movement skill. Only a pull

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Drakoknight said:

Or make it a new movement skill for the dk similar to chieftains but it can affect all party members. After all dk doesn't have a movement skill. Only a pull

I was thinking about it earlier today and realized that from all the tanks in the game, the Death Knight and the Charmer are the only ones without a mobility skill.

 

Paladin: Call of Harad

Templar: Onslaught and Combat Support

Blade Dancer: Rush

Warden: Switcheroo

Barbarian: Charge

Death Knight: ?

Charmer: ?

 

Even the Warden, that is literally an unmovable wall, has a mobility skill, while the DK doesn't.

Spoiler

I won't say nothing about the Charmer because from my point of view, it is 50% warrior and 50% healer, and i don't think a mobility skill would match its playstyle.

 

So... why not give a mount skill to the Death Knight? :pfffrrrr:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bruh, no wonder MC on Turmalin and Emerald are dead, instead of asking for skill, that will save your ally life(or buff current ones, like that one shaman have), you asking for another dd skill or buff. And after all this suggestions, you will go to another topic and lament about how op harads shield or druids halo.:kill-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:

 

 

:troll_face1: #ElfSpear :troll_face1:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Jcbreff said:

Switcheroo, a mobility skill?

Technically you can use it for mobility

 

It still can make the Warden move across the battlefield somehow

 

Just now, Nmac said:

Bruh, no wonder MC on Turmalin and Emerald are dead, instead of asking for skill, that will save your ally life(or buff current ones, like that one shaman have), you asking for another dd skill or buff. And after all this suggestions, you will go to another topic and lament about how op harads shield or druids halo.:kill-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:

 

 

:troll_face1: #ElfSpear :troll_face1:

 

Because saving/buffing allies isn't the role of the DK? That's the Paladin 

Asking for a support skill for DK is like asking the Barbarian to heal allies

 

We have that Aura of Hatred talent though, but it sucks

 

 

Edited by Khrone
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 минуты назад, Khrone сказал:

Because saving/buffing allies isn't the role of the DK? That's the Paladin 

Yeah, and??? Even warden, who is just big, fat, annoying, slow tin can, have one of the best "save-your-ally" skills in the game. On some one like druid, 55% damage resistance littirally conters the only weakness they have(not beeing able to survive high birst damage(especially with stans)).

 

The point i'm trying to make, is that MC like to talk about how elf as a team are op, whitout realizing, that the problem is not that els are op as a team, but MC as a team are weak. And mc shoud ask developers about buffing or reworking teamplay potential of the mc. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Nmac said:

Yeah, and??? Even warden, who is just big, fat, annoying, slow tin can, have one of the best "save-your-ally" skills in the game.

 

If you're talking about "Warden's Protection", it totally matches the Warden's playstyle.

What i'm trying to say is that you can barely create a new support skill for the Death Knight that wouldn't seem out of place.

 

The Death Knight is supposed to be a hate-filled warrior that seeks to destroy all living things, the lore says it gets stronger when more enemies are battling with the DK and you can see it on the skills (Saturation + any AoE skill). 

How could a warrior like that have the minimum compassion to his allies to care enough to help them?

 

The only way i could see a "support" skill for the DK is something like the Knight's Curse.

Not as a buff on the allies, but instead, a debuff on the enemy/enemies that indirectly would help allies.

 

2 hours ago, Nmac said:

On some one like druid, 55% damage resistance littirally conters the only weakness they have(not beeing able to survive high birst damage(especially with stans)).

 

I think Patronage of the Forest (and maybe Healing Barrier too) already counter that weakness.

 

2 hours ago, Nmac said:

The point i'm trying to make, is that MC like to talk about how elf as a team are op, whitout realizing, that the problem is not that els are op as a team, but MC as a team are weak. And mc shoud ask developers about buffing or reworking teamplay potential of the mc. 

 

That's how it is supposed to be.

The elves have a lot of support skills, so they should be weaker by their own and stronger as a team.

MCs don't have that much support skills, you can see on the DK itself, on the Barbarian (that also don't have any buff to allies, but have 2 or more debuffs to enemies) or almost any MC class, so that means they should be stronger individually and make a team where almost everyone is independent.

 

The thing is elves are strong by their own and as a team too (as you can see by the change made on Sacred Shield, that increased the Paladin's survivability even when he's alone).

 

I agree that MCs like a whole should be reworked to work better as a team, but i don't know how that could be made.

 

 

 

To finish my comment: i think a mobility skill could help the DK even when he's tanking. Imagine not being able to save an ally just because you were too slow lol (Andrew Garfield?)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, mari setogaya said:

Why does the dk need movement skill?

The main point wouldn't be the mobility of the skill, but it would definitely help

 

10 minutes ago, mari setogaya said:

Why does the dk need support skill? 

Why not lol

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Khrone said:

Why not lol

 

I mean, It doesn't fit at all with the class, a death knight, DEATH KIGHT!! 

 

It's as if a hunter or a warlock can heal party members, Quite out of place xdd

 

in the case of the paladin, since its creation they give you to understand that it is a support tank,  even in other games paladins can heal, that is why it is not as good for tank as it is the wd or the barbarian or even the dk.. 

 

Only mm geared +10 palas  are good for tanking,  thats not fair we arent all rich lmfao

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, mari setogaya said:

I mean, It doesn't fit at all with the class, a death knight, DEATH KIGHT!! 

 

It's as if a hunter or a warlock can heal party members, Quite out of place xdd

That's what i've been trying to say for a long time

 

The "support" style of the Death Knight isn't buffing allies, but debuffing enemies (like Knight's Curse)

 

 

Edited by Khrone
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...