Class Talents and Expert Skills Cost Reduction

Khrone

This post was made thinking about players between the levels of 12 - 20, but these changes would benefit players from every level.

I think there are some problems while leveling up, so i'll talk about them and give my opinion about it.

673729439_Screenshot_20220916-140212_WarspearOnline.jpg.97894d6516af48c99c92e687a4e6c11a.jpg  Talents

No, there is nothing wrong with talents, the actual problem is how to get them. 

The first talent in the tree needs 1500 Knowledge points and 750 Gold to level up.

The thing is: Knowledge is relatively easy to get (with the 11.0 update, characters get 10.000 points every 5 levels) and we only use it for developing talents anyway, so there are no problems with them requiring a lot of Knowledge. 

However, we use Gold for a lot of other things: Buying Expert Skills (which i'll talk about later in this post), buying, amplifying or repairing equipment, buying relics, and even in a single quest from Nadir-Sard.

Besides that, there are Ship Graveyard talents too that also need gold to level up. It wouldn't be a problem, considering it is an endgame content, but... Class Talents also ended up being endgame content too.

New players can't spend that much money in talents to get 0.75% of Penetration, they need to focus on other things which i listed above and i won't repeat.

Suggestion: Make the class talents gold-free. It would make them a less pay-to-win content and open them to every player that is willing to farm Knowledge points by completing quests and dungeons.

That change would also let the players control their gold better to use it with other things, like Expert Skills, better equipments or Ship Graveyard talents.

To compensate for that, increase the Knowledge cost of every single class talent. It wouldn't be that bad, since as i said before, Knowledge is kinda easy to get.

299029077_Screenshot_20220916-141443_WarspearOnline.jpg.94cd18aa615a20f2b0785b5345507208.jpg  Expert Skills

It was acceptable that expert skills costed 40.000 gold 8 years ago, in 2014, when it was an endgame content and there was only 1 available to each class (and there were only 12 classes at that time).

Now it's 2022, we have 20 classes and each one has almost 10 expert skills. And they're definitely NOT endgame content.

I'd say they are as basic as the 5 skills you start with.

I know you can get a lot of gold with quests from Ayvondill, but what about a new player with its first character? Imagine reaching level 18 and needing more gold than you ever had just to buy a skill? Everybody knows the 1st expert skill of a character gives a power spike, but there are no ways to effectively farm gold before level 18-20.

Suggestion: It is about time that expert skills got a cost reduction. Of course you would only need 3 or 4 of them, but that's still more than 100K gold. Maybe 30.000 for each one is already good enough.

However, some people may not like it. As i said before, the 1st expert skill gives a power spike, and after lv 24-25, you can complete T3 and T4 quests to get a considerable amount of gold.

So since you can buy them for miracle coins now, i'd make something like the 1st bag expansion of a character.

The 1st expert skill of a character would cost 1 or even 0 miracle coins.

Just give it for free, bro. New players need it.

1916078020_Screenshot_20220916-141511_WarspearOnline.jpg.3372db25b55c25f1d0b3e88f32234770.jpg Conclusion

With everything that was said, i hope you understand my point. Honestly, i don't think the cost of expert skills is a problem that big, but it still could be optimized.

However, the cost of talents are a problem.

You either focus on expert skills, talents or equipments, you cannot gather gold for more than 1 at a time (sometimes you can't afford neither of the three).

I hope you understood my point of view, and if there is something you don't agree with, i would like to know.

14 hours ago, Khrone said:

This post was made thinking about players between the levels of 12 - 20, but these changes would benefit players from every level.

I think there are some problems while leveling up, so i'll talk about them and give my opinion about it.

673729439_Screenshot_20220916-140212_WarspearOnline.jpg.97894d6516af48c99c92e687a4e6c11a.jpg  Talents

No, there is nothing wrong with talents, the actual problem is how to get them. 

The first talent in the tree needs 1500 Knowledge points and 750 Gold to level up.

The thing is: Knowledge is relatively easy to get (with the 11.0 update, characters get 10.000 points every 5 levels) and we only use it for developing talents anyway, so there are no problems with them requiring a lot of Knowledge. 

However, we use Gold for a lot of other things: Buying Expert Skills (which i'll talk about later in this post), buying, amplifying or repairing equipment, buying relics, and even in a single quest from Nadir-Sard.

Besides that, there are Ship Graveyard talents too that also need gold to level up. It wouldn't be a problem, considering it is an endgame content, but... Class Talents also ended up being endgame content too.

New players can't spend that much money in talents to get 0.75% of Penetration, they need to focus on other things which i listed above and i won't repeat.

Suggestion: Make the class talents gold-free. It would make them a less pay-to-win content and open them to every player that is willing to farm Knowledge points by completing quests and dungeons.

That change would also let the players control their gold better to use it with other things, like Expert Skills, better equipments or Ship Graveyard talents.

To compensate for that, increase the Knowledge cost of every single class talent. It wouldn't be that bad, since as i said before, Knowledge is kinda easy to get.

299029077_Screenshot_20220916-141443_WarspearOnline.jpg.94cd18aa615a20f2b0785b5345507208.jpg  Expert Skills

It was acceptable that expert skills costed 40.000 gold 8 years ago, in 2014, when it was an endgame content and there was only 1 available to each class (and there were only 12 classes at that time).

Now it's 2022, we have 20 classes and each one has almost 10 expert skills. And they're definitely NOT endgame content.

I'd say they are as basic as the 5 skills you start with.

I know you can get a lot of gold with quests from Ayvondill, but what about a new player with its first character? Imagine reaching level 18 and needing more gold than you ever had just to buy a skill? Everybody knows the 1st expert skill of a character gives a power spike, but there are no ways to effectively farm gold before level 18-20.

Suggestion: It is about time that expert skills got a cost reduction. Of course you would only need 3 or 4 of them, but that's still more than 100K gold. Maybe 30.000 for each one is already good enough.

However, some people may not like it. As i said before, the 1st expert skill gives a power spike, and after lv 24-25, you can complete T3 and T4 quests to get a considerable amount of gold.

So since you can buy them for miracle coins now, i'd make something like the 1st bag expansion of a character.

The 1st expert skill of a character would cost 1 or even 0 miracle coins.

Just give it for free, bro. New players need it.

1916078020_Screenshot_20220916-141511_WarspearOnline.jpg.3372db25b55c25f1d0b3e88f32234770.jpg Conclusion

With everything that was said, i hope you understand my point. Honestly, i don't think the cost of expert skills is a problem that big, but it still could be optimized.

However, the cost of talents are a problem.

You either focus on expert skills, talents or equipments, you cannot gather gold for more than 1 at a time (sometimes you can't afford neither of the three).

I hope you understood my point of view, and if there is something you don't agree with, i would like to know.

and they should increase gold drop rates and slightly increase their value. I get so confused everytime i see weapons and gears on map 1 costing above 500-1k, i mean who in the world gonna buy those with that huge gold which you will not have to use soon.

1 hour ago, Ahmed Didar said:

and they should increase gold drop rates and slightly increase their value. I get so confused everytime i see weapons and gears on map 1 costing above 500-1k, i mean who in the world gonna buy those with that huge gold which you will not have to use soon.

Gold drops from monsters look like a joke lol

It should be like 10x more

2 hours ago, Khrone said:

Gold drops from monsters look like a joke lol

It should be like 10x more

then you would run the risk of having bots farm those mobs

5 hours ago, Jcbreff said:

then you would run the risk of having bots farm those mobs

yup but that just means the admins are lazy enough to not look into them all the time, what do you expect from a mmorpg, literally most games can bots farmers but just because of that, the free to play players don't have to suffer for something which can be botted using some programs.