US-Sapphire: Legion. Are we doomed?

Unkindled

So this will probably be post #200 about this particular subject, namely, the lack of players on the US-Sapphire legion side.

Im really interested in knowing if there are any plans at all to counter/fix this issue at all? People are leaving the legion side/server in droves because of the lack of activity, and any sign of hope left.

image.png.7d1943eb06cbfb6a9b90db3f94c08e91.png

image.png.9c7cdc1e4db8b8df7c2a8dc88124fcc4.png

As you can see, it's the usual 3 struggling legion guilds, vs 7 sentinel guilds.

It has been like this in the guild tournament for almost a year now, maybe even longer. Just 3 legion guilds in top10 at best. But the population problem has been there since forever. Why?

The worst part is, there is such bad activity on legion side, that these 3 guilds can't even compete against the sentinel ones in events like Mermen Trials, or most other events. They just can't get enough players online for the events, and therefore have to join lower level guilds to be able to spam the mermen dungeon. And let's not even get started on the battle for territories...

So what's the plan going on forward?

Edited by Unkindled

TheForlorn guild was in the top 20 when people on our alliance stole our guild all because of "guild politics" 

Now we can't do anything to get our guild back because of people wanting to dominate the server. It's pointless arguing. What we as a alliance should do is think of how to fight against the enemy alliance as thats what a faction pvp game should do. 

How can people have fun if the players that should be their allies wants to undermine their every movement? 

It's not the games fault. It's the people's fault

7 minutes ago, Drakoknight said:

TheForlorn guild was in the top 20 when people on our alliance stole our guild all because of "guild politics" 

Now we can't do anything to get our guild back because of people wanting to dominate the server. It's pointless arguing. What we as a alliance should do is think of how to fight against the enemy alliance as thats what a faction pvp game should do. 

How can people have fun if the players that should be their allies wants to undermine their every movement? 

It's not the games fault. It's the people's fault

I agree 100% that there are certain things, that certain people have done to ruin the legion side, and push many people away. The toxicity is unreal. And i am very sorry about what happened to TheForlorn. Such a shame. But then again, my only problem with that statement is, it is still the games fault. It's their job to keep the servers healthy and deal with the issues, in any way they can, right?

They HAVE to do something at this point!

legion of Sapphere needs hew heroes:okay:

42 minutes ago, Unkindled said:

I agree 100% that there are certain things, that certain people have done to ruin the legion side, and push many people away. The toxicity is unreal. And i am very sorry about what happened to TheForlorn. Such a shame. But then again, my only problem with that statement is, it is still the games fault. It's their job to keep the servers healthy and deal with the issues, in any way they can, right?

They HAVE to do something at this point!

Toxicity is unavoidable in general. But one way to deal with is is gms. 

Even if it is just a couple members from the forums it could help reduce it but I doubt it would be enough. 

13 minutes ago, Drakoknight said:

Even if it is just a couple members from the forums it could help reduce it but I doubt it would be enough. 

By gms you mean game managers perhaps? what can they do here on the forums?

For years there has been posts about the dying side on Sapphire, and nothing has been done yet to counter that issue. It's only getting worse and worse.

Edited by Unkindled

14 minutes ago, Drakoknight said:

In-game moderators were already suggested, but for some reason it isn't applied yet.

FYI, the strongest Reaper in Tourmaline server have a curse word in their nickname, when it should be censored.

Besides that, the toxicity in global chat is so huge that it makes me wonder how the game still get new players.

Edited by Khrone

Game managers = gms

One way gms could help is by removing offensive chats, apply warnings or temp bans on toxic individuals, and other similar individuals.  

Gms would he very helpful in reducing toxicity in the game

20 minutes ago, Drakoknight said:

Game managers = gms

One way gms could help is by removing offensive chats, apply warnings or temp bans on toxic individuals, and other similar individuals.  

Gms would he very helpful in reducing toxicity in the game

there is a slight problem with deciding what is offensive and what isnt, some things might be offensive to others but not all and language barriers are a problem

I don't know if toxicity is the main problem to the underpopulation we are experiencing on sapphire(Legion).. but if it is, id sure like there to be done something about it. Whatever the problem is, it needs to be looked at, and dealt with!

Edited by Unkindled

59 minutes ago, Jcbreff said:

this is there for a reason image.png.93c9cfc62071fe966e7d17c75a81e752.png

It doesn't change the community, just hides it.

9 minutes ago, Jcbreff said:

out of sight out of mind

You're right about the option being there, but only few actually use that option.. And it doesn't solve much of the problem at hand... How is this going to help with the already fractured, and still declining population in legion? The elf side toxicity too, why aren't they underpopulated?

Edited by Unkindled

1 minute ago, Unkindled said:

You're right about the option being there, but only few actually use that option.. And it doesn't solve much of the problem at hand... How is this going to help with the already fractured population in legion, and the still declining population? The elf side toxicity too, why aren't they underpopulated?

i mean it wouldnt make too much sense to ban players for being toxic, you could chat ban them but that wouldnt solve population being fractured

neither side is "underpopulated" because you can create a character to either side but other side might just have more active players and that is up to players themselves

2 minutes ago, Anmi said:

You have the opportunity to gather the strongest players of the three guilds into one invincible guild.

I get your point, but, gathering every strong player in one guild, will just weaken everyone else:(((( so only 1 guild can enter trials, and have a chance of winning? What do all the other players do?

Also what about wars and gvgs... it's going to be 1 guild vs 10

And this is only IF they ever agreed to do this haha.

7 minutes ago, Jcbreff said:

i mean it wouldnt make too much sense to ban players for being toxic, you could chat ban them but that wouldnt solve population being fractured

neither side is "underpopulated" because you can create a character to either side but other side might just have more active players and that is up to players themselves

It is underpopulated.... I've been on the server for years and years, and i can tell, along with most of the other players left there, that legion side is currently at the worst it's ever been. Hence me making this post.

The guilds that used to be the strongest, can no longer compete like they used to.

I have been playing warspear since 2012. Mainly US Legion side but started off as an elf at the beginning. It has been underpopulated for a very long time, but never this bad. Years ago they made it so you could not create an elf character at one point only MC. Between the imbalance in skills and the population of elf rising in US Sapphire the MC side will be non- existent soon. Not to mention a lot of MC got discouraged and went to elf side. It’s sad because i have spent a lot of time and money on this game for developers to not care about a lot of things. I don’t know if there’s a solution at the moment besides a massive balance update.

Edited by Sh0ckboner

10 hours ago, Sh0ckboner said:

I don’t know if there’s a solution at the moment besides a massive balance update.

The thing is the MC side is stronger in 1 or 2 russian servers, so a rebalance could actually make things worse for the elves in that server

There should be actually something to encourage players to play in the losing side

Edited by Khrone

4 hours ago, Khrone said:

The thing is the MC side is stronger in 1 or 2 russian servers, so a rebalance could actually make thins worse for the elves in that server

There should be actually something to encourage players to play in the losing side

i agree, some servers are heavy on MC and it must be difficult for the sentinels: It’s almost not fun anymore because i don’t think the US sapphire has more than 100-150 active MCs 

On 9/17/2022 at 4:13 PM, Sh0ckboner said:

i agree, some servers are heavy on MC and it must be difficult for the sentinels: It’s almost not fun anymore because i don’t think the US sapphire has more than 100-150 active MCs 

Exactly.. I feel like many of us just want to confirm if anything is going to be done about it. It's not fun playing on a side that is dying, and it's even less fun having to spend money, not being sure if it's all going to be a waste or not pretty soon.

And many are mentioning certain things, directing most of the responsibility for this on the playerbase. The thing is, each player does have a certain responsibility to be friendly and act like a normal human being etc. But it's not our job to make sure the server is healthy, and it's not our job to try and retain the remaining playerbase.

For many this game is about logging in and having a good time with friends, or competing with others etc. It's not supposed to be a second job, where we have to worry about things such as the dying playerbase all the time, and what we can do to counter that problem. So it's about time we got some help with that?

Edited by Unkindled

23 minutes ago, Ahmed Didar said:

Sea pearl has joined the chat.

Come play sea pearl xD,

Does this server even exist lol

18 hours ago, Ahmed Didar said:

Come play sea pearl xD,

Nah why give up everything we have built to play on a server we likely cannot understand? 

5 hours ago, Drakoknight said:

Nah why give up everything we have built to play on a server we likely cannot understand? 

The sea server has changed quite a bit, we got players from all over other servers, such as EU, US, RU, BR. But it's not enough. And it's also the only server where you will find real MC VS ELF only and no alliance between each other. Raid bosses and things aren't monopolized here so there is much more scope for players from other server start a domination from legion side. BUT THE BEST ONE OF ALL, we respect that you got a life outside this game. thus you literally don't have to beat your ass up 24/7 like in eu

3 hours ago, Ahmed Didar said:

The sea server has changed quite a bit, we got players from all over other servers, such as EU, US, RU, BR. But it's not enough. And it's also the only server where you will find real MC VS ELF only and no alliance between each other. Raid bosses and things aren't monopolized here so there is much more scope for players from other server start a domination from legion side. BUT THE BEST ONE OF ALL, we respect that you got a life outside this game. thus you literally don't have to beat your ass up 24/7 like in eu

i played in mc side sea pearl, i agree with what ahmed said u just log whenever u want no peer pressure or anything and enjoy gameplay even tho not heavily populated server but its a server where u can relax and enjoy some free play but also have some mini wars or gvgs

7 hours ago, Ahmed Didar said:

Too diverse and only few proper english speakers.

59 minutes ago, Avamanyar said:

Too diverse and only few proper english speakers.

i think you are talking about the past. i see many english speakers.

and it's really easy to become friends with top players. I would love to make new friends and help them out. but like the whole world out there, sometimes you might see a bit of toxicity, compared to other servers i think this server has the most lowest toxic people. We also have discord, we announce event times and calls for raid bosses, we also have whatsapp, telegram. We all are more connected to each other than you think, we all try stay united no matter what. But with all these aside, I would love all to give this server a try. yes i won't deny the fact the needed items are not much here. that's the side effect of having low players. It's like a new server honestly, where you can try to conquer if you have the wits.

Edited by Ahmed Didar

On 9/19/2022 at 10:03 AM, Ahmed Didar said:

Come play sea pearl xD,

They won't even make server transfers a thing. Nor will they merge any servers. And as we all know, starting over on another server means many years, even decades for some, worth of money, time and hard work down the drain, and who wants to throw all of that away? Not to mention the friends, connections, experiences and memories built up through all these years...... It seems like things like these aren't respected enough, so they expect everyone to just start fresh on new servers if they have a problem with their current server. Because they obviously don't seem to be reading most of the posts on forums, or maybe they're just not interested in what people have to say here😅

I've seen posts about Sapphire legion side being underpopulated, many years back, and the issue still stands, and it seems to only be getting worse.

So basically switching servers is "technically impossible" even though it's possible in every other game. Merging is too troublesome they say. But we all know it's possible as it happens every time they put up a test server. But for some reason, which i didn't really invest much time in reading, they won't merge any servers. So all of these things are impossible it seems. So if we can't do any of this, how about fixing the servers we are currently on, so we don't have to ask about these things? Seems like there won't be done anything about that too😏

1 hour ago, Unkindled said:

They won't even make server transfers a thing. Nor will they merge any servers. And as we all know, starting over on another server means many years, even decades for some, worth of money, time and hard work down the drain, and who wants to throw all of that away? Not to mention the friends, connections, experiences and memories built up through all these years...... It seems like things like these aren't respected enough, so they expect everyone to just start fresh on new servers if they have a problem with their current server. Because they obviously don't seem to be reading most of the posts on forums, or maybe they're just not interested in what people have to say here😅

I've seen posts about Sapphire legion side being underpopulated, many years back, and the issue still stands, and it seems to only be getting worse.

So basically switching servers is "technically impossible" even though it's possible in every other game. Merging is too troublesome they say. But we all know it's possible as it happens every time they put up a test server. But for some reason, which i didn't really invest much time in reading, they won't merge any servers. So all of these things are impossible it seems. So if we can't do any of this, how about fixing the servers we are currently on, so we don't have to ask about these things? Seems like there won't be done anything about that too😏

It's completely up to the reader's mind if they want to start new or not, I am playing my own part to get more players on sea.

5 minutes ago, Ahmed Didar said:

It's completely up to the reader's mind if they want to start new or not, I am playing my own part to get more players on sea.

I understand. I am trying to help US-Sapphire aswell with this entire post aswell.

Personally i just think it's wrong for us players to have to go out of our way, and try to get our servers active somehow. From what i can tell SEA-Pearl seems to be dying aswell. It's the ones that manage the games job to make sure their servers are active and healthy etc.....

So why aren't they doing anything about it? Why do WE have to? There are hundreds of posts about these issues.

On 9/16/2022 at 1:38 PM, Unkindled said:

So this will probably be post #200 about this particular subject, namely, the lack of players on the US-Sapphire legion side.

Im really interested in knowing if there are any plans at all to counter/fix this issue at all? People are leaving the legion side/server in droves because of the lack of activity, and any sign of hope left.

image.png.7d1943eb06cbfb6a9b90db3f94c08e91.png

image.png.9c7cdc1e4db8b8df7c2a8dc88124fcc4.png

As you can see, it's the usual 3 struggling legion guilds, vs 7 sentinel guilds.

It has been like this in the guild tournament for almost a year now, maybe even longer. Just 3 legion guilds in top10 at best. But the population problem has been there since forever. Why?

The worst part is, there is such bad activity on legion side, that these 3 guilds can't even compete against the sentinel ones in events like Mermen Trials, or most other events. They just can't get enough players online for the events, and therefore have to join lower level guilds to be able to spam the mermen dungeon. And let's not even get started on the battle for territories...

So what's the plan going on forward?

Legion side TU-Tourmaline (BR) also lacks players compared to sentries, but here you can still turn around a little, it's only complicated in wars and in some gxg's of smaller guilds.
     However, how could it be a good way to attract players to the side that has fewer players, without making them stop leveling because it's not the class they liked and want to level up to play? It's a hard problem to solve. :(
 :vp-sigh:

Edited by Marchielo
Tu-Tourmaline To > TU-Tourmaline (BR)

22 minutes ago, Marchielo said:

Legion side Tu-Tourmaline also lacks players compared to sentries, but here you can still turn around a little, it's only complicated in wars and in some gxg's of smaller guilds.
     However, how could it be a good way to attract players to the side that has fewer players, without making them stop leveling because it's not the class they liked and want to level up to play? It's a hard problem to solve. :(
 :vp-sigh:

XP buff to the losing side or something like that

• 3 weeks later...

I have played mc side myself on us sapphire for a decade maybe, only left the side coz of toxic behaviour of fellow players, and trust me they dont stop, they just continue to be toxic even after leaving and thy come from uncivilised backgrounds. 

just see this:

Its just one of the examples(i can show more if anyone wants to know) of how they treat people. None of these ppl know me personally or those who talk know how i look or live or whatever, but they all follow ppl from sithlords because that guild dominates the legion side, if wanna blame anyone for legion side dying blame sith. 
highly toxic imo. 

879D47DC-2756-4E30-9D74-EB270157109A.jpeg

no one can help with now. its really too late game getting old and as you see many players left . devs never balanced heroes skills etc ..all they can do is maybe to Unification of servers for example eu+us servers would be much more fun but still need to change alot things idc

1 hour ago, Avamanyar said:

Mcs in US-SAPPHIRE are winning wars again unchallenged. Means no need for more mcs in that server 😋

you sure about that?:Penguin6: