Resetting Talent Tree

Psyborg

Much like resetting skills and getting back skill points, I am suggesting that the devs should allow the players to reset their talent tree via some consumable, and get back knowledge points. Sometimes we make wrong decisions or level up talents that are required at that time, but later on they become less important or useless (cap reached for a stat).

Challenges to this suggestion:

1. Creating a consumable similar to book of oblivion. - Easy enough for devs, and maybe give each player a free consumable once they release it. And also make it available in mshop.

2. Redeeming knowledge points - There could be a case where the restored knowledge points exceed the maximum limit (75k as of today). Hence the reset action can store overflown knowledge points into consumable pots and send them as gift to the player (to avoid bag full scenario). And allow using the pot only if the current knowledge is below the limit. User caution and responsibility required.

3. Scope - This feature must cover the character talent tree and may also cover the underwater territory talent tree.

Hope you like the suggestion and implement it in the next update or as soon as possible.

Tallents reseting is good idea but totally useless in Warspear.

There is no options for talents build. All tallents can be learned at the same time.

As explained, the problem is not about the idea being bad, just that it would see no application unless you could only spend a set ammount of knowledge for each branch. But since you can simply farm knowledge and just level them up (like... litterally all of them) you don't really need a reset feature for this scenario. 

Agreed. But it is for the early grinders who may have invested their knowledge into some talent which now they want to use for something better.
For example, take the new talent tree. Someone may have maxed their old tree, and now want to reset and utilise points from the old tree into the new tree. The 3skill-talent is rather expensive and worth the value. Would you rather grind knowledge points for another 2-3months or take away points from unnecessary talents and channel them to something useful?

• 1 month later...
On 9/18/2022 at 8:37 PM, Psyborg said:

Agreed. But it is for the early grinders who may have invested their knowledge into some talent which now they want to use for something better.
For example, take the new talent tree. Someone may have maxed their old tree, and now want to reset and utilise points from the old tree into the new tree. The 3skill-talent is rather expensive and worth the value. Would you rather grind knowledge points for another 2-3months or take away points from unnecessary talents and channel them to something useful?

This is what I wanted to talk about in my other post ( I didn't see there was already one open about this topic ) .

Like for example as  I talked about in my other suggestion post I came back after a while and I actually came across the "not knowing" about the new seeker talent bug where u get 40% boost so I used 42k knowledge on Remaining Acceleration.

I know that u can just grind it up again, but as he said, having a way to restore knowledge, especially for re-starters and newcomers, could be a good thing for a "better" start or "re-start" of the game.🤔 

As like after I used all the "free" knowledge from updates and daily rewards , I still need to reach the "skill point" and the talents, so like a 100k or more knowledge total . A LOT 🥴

Thank you for your patience :D